Keep 'Em Separated - Separate Position Dimensions Easily
  • Hi, nice script! Is it possible to use with Kbar ? Thanks
  • Hey Yaniv - thanks for downloading! There isn't Kbar integration yet, but that's a great idea for a future update so look for that soon
  • Just downloaded this for free to test (as CS6 wasn't listed as supported).

It loads perfectly fine and separates and joins the dimensions. The only note I can see is if you have Bezier keyframes for position, then you separate the animation moves point to point and removes the Beziers.

Would this be normal behaviour when the position attributes are separated? It feels like this is correct because the attributes are de-linked. Would be great to hear on this from other users or if later versions allow this functionality.

• Hey Chris, thanks for downloading! I'll make a note to update the compatibility notes on the website, as the plugin should work well with every version of After Effects including CS6. In terms of the behavior you're describing, KES keeps the animation data for every type of keyframe whether it be linear, bezier, auto-bezier, continuous bezier, and hold keyframes. But when you're working with keyframes that rove across time and aren't full keyframes it currently does default to linear animation in that instance (I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're describing in your question, but that is the only instance that I'm aware of). However I'll aim to include support for rove across time in the next version of KES, which I'm currently working on.