Social Importer
  • Does it imports the video posts?
  • Does it imports the video posts?
    For the most part, yes.

There are a number of methods someone can use to attach an image or video to a Tweet. Some of those are officially provided by Twitter, some are not. Social Importer only supports importing videos or images that were officially uploaded using the Twitter client.
  • So can you only import your own posts or anyone’s?
    You can import any public post 
  • Do you have any plans to add a Facebook post import feature ?
  • Do you have any plans to add a Facebook post import feature ?
    Good question. We have been exploring it and looking at what Facebook's API would allow us to do. It will most likely come in the second version or later down the road.
  • Hi this looks pretty good, but does it import emoji in the text field?
  • Hey,
    Thanks for creating this! This has really been speeding up my workflow. 
    Would it be possible to update the tweet template to feature the newer icons? (The share icon instead of the mail icon)

Would really appreciate it!

• Hey,
    Thanks for creating this! This has really been speeding up my workflow. 
    Would it be possible to update the tweet template to feature the newer icons? (The share icon instead of the mail icon)

Would really appreciate it!

Hey Kim,

That shouldn't be a problem! We'll make sure to build that into the next update.

Thank!
  • Hi this looks pretty good, but does it import emoji in the text field?
    Hey Mark,

Unfortunately, AE's unicode service does not support emojis. We are working on a workaround, but it might have to come from Adobe's side :/

Thanks!
  • I have a question about retweeting video. If someone reetweets with a comment, will the template allow me to see the retweet in addition to the original tweet and the original video?
  • Max Jacob said:
    I have a question about retweeting video. If someone reetweets with a comment, will the template allow me to see the retweet in addition to the original tweet and the original video?
    Hey Max,

Thanks for getting in touch! As the tool stands currently, it will only import the comment of the tweet and not the original. We are looking to incorporate this feature in a new update though!

Cheers, 

Danny
  • Hey! This is great. Would you consider introducing retrieving the cover photo or the highest res copy of the profile picture? 48x48 is too low for us. Only major barrier to us using this!

Also, would be cool if adjustment layers could come in with templates, but I do understand the limitations with that. Thanks!!
  • Absolutely awesome. Any presets for animation (like preset packs) coming down the line?
  • Import youtube comments and you have me sold :)
  • Hey! This is great. Would you consider introducing retrieving the cover photo or the highest res copy of the profile picture? 48x48 is too low for us. Only major barrier to us using this!

Also, would be cool if adjustment layers could come in with templates, but I do understand the limitations with that. Thanks!!
    Hey Sam!

We are working on this feature now and it will be in the next release. Hopefully should have that release out in the next 2 weeks!

Cheers,

Danny
  • Absolutely awesome. Any presets for animation (like preset packs) coming down the line?
    Ooohhh maybe maybe. We'll consider it ;)

Cheers,

Danny
  • Import youtube comments and you have me sold :)
    Interesting, we haven't heard that request before. Our next targets will probably be Facebook and Reddit. Buttttt now that I am thinking about it I can see how Youtube channels would benefit from importing youtube comments! We'll think more on that and the feasibility. 

Cheers,

Danny
  • i'd like to see an easy import in instagram programme from AE and PP
  • So I can see you've got a bajillion suggestions already... But I would buy this if social importer could import Amazon reviews with 4 fields: the name of the reviewer, the title of the review, and the review, and the number of stars they gave. 
  • Hello, first of all good work, this tool is really very useful, if you add Facebook it would be even better. For now I can't buy it but when I can I will definitely do it. A doubt, what happens with the deleted tweets, if I import a tweet and it is later removed from the Twitter account, that affects the composition or the link is only used initially to search and bring the elements, then it does not matter if the Twitter Does it continue to exist or not?
    Thanks and good day
    You can import any public post 
    Hi, Sir,
    when you say public posts, you mean only non private accounts, or if is a private account that but you have access permission, a friend girlfriend, you cannot download?

THAnlkl you very much

• So I can see you've got a bajillion suggestions already... But I would buy this if social importer could import Amazon reviews with 4 fields: the name of the reviewer, the title of the review, and the review, and the number of stars they gave. 
    Good call! I am adding that to our list :)

Cheers,

Danny
  • Hello, first of all good work, this tool is really very useful, if you add Facebook it would be even better. For now I can't buy it but when I can I will definitely do it. A doubt, what happens with the deleted tweets, if I import a tweet and it is later removed from the Twitter account, that affects the composition or the link is only used initially to search and bring the elements, then it does not matter if the Twitter Does it continue to exist or not?
    Thanks and good day
    You are correct. If the Tweet or Insta post is deleted after it is imported into After Effects nothing will happen as all the information has already been downloaded to your machine. 

Cheers,

Danny
  • Is there a way to include the time on the Tweet? You know, some people tweet so much you need to keep track of which crazy thing he said first.
  • Hello, I am sorry to write on these dates, recently acquiring this extension, really a nice job. For now I only have one question, what type of font do you use or recommend that is similar to that of Twitter (System-Ui), I think that is exclusive, the font of IG (Segoe UI) is easier to download. I know this thanks to a Google extension called Fonts Ninja, I do not know if this information is useful when working on new features in the future, thank you and I appreciate your help. Happy Holidays.
  • Is there a way to include the time on the Tweet? You know, some people tweet so much you need to keep track of which crazy thing he said first.
    Hey Lisa,

Right now we just support fetching the date. In the future we will make sure to include the time as well!

Cheers,

Danny
  • Hello, I am sorry to write on these dates, recently acquiring this extension, really a nice job. For now I only have one question, what type of font do you use or recommend that is similar to that of Twitter (System-Ui), I think that is exclusive, the font of IG (Segoe UI) is easier to download. I know this thanks to a Google extension called Fonts Ninja, I do not know if this information is useful when working on new features in the future, thank you and I appreciate your help. Happy Holidays.
    Hey Daniel,

Thanks much for your feedback! We will consider the implications of the fonts going forward :)

Happy holidays!

Danny
  • Hi, Social Importer is a great extension, it works very well, I recommend buying it. I have some suggestions, I hope not to bother.  
    1) For Twitter and Instagram add the check mark, that symbol indicates that they are verified accounts, in case of not being able to be directly from the app, a checkbox could be used so that a user controls in which compositions that symbol appears.
    2) In IG compositions, for the text layers of shortCaption and longCaption, you can change the font type and color throughout the text but if one wants to change only a part of the font color, this cannot be changed. -or I could not do-, changing the color would serve to highlight the mention of other accounts or hashtag,
    3) In IG you can play with the options so that the icons appear marked "like" or "save" in the posts, for Twitter it would be good to add options to give "like" or "retwitt".
    4) There would be a way to show who retweet a tweet, sometimes it is not so important what a tweet says if not who shares it, if it is not possible, some kind of checkbox could be used to display the retweet icon and a layer of text in which you can manually change the user's name and the word retweet, that last for those of us who don't live in the USA. .
    5) That the options of the properties of the text layers of like and retweet also appear in the effect controls.
    6) Perhaps the publication date appears above the text layers of like and retweet.
    Thank! 

• i had problems with the try feature of the app

constantly says app is invalid 

you should do the last guys suggestion

4) There would be a way to show who retweet a tweet, if not who shares it,  with a 
    checkbox could be used to display the retweet icon and a layer of text in which you can manually change the user's name and the word retweet, . .
    5) That the options of the properties of the text layers of like and retweet also appear in the effect controls.
    6) publication date appears above the text layers of like and retweet.

1) For Twitter and Instagram add the check mark, that symbol indicates that they are verified accounts
  • can you make this for gmail also ?
    yahoo mail also?
  • Hi, Social Importer is a great extension, it works very well, I recommend buying it. I have some suggestions, I hope not to bother.  
    1) For Twitter and Instagram add the check mark, that symbol indicates that they are verified accounts, in case of not being able to be directly from the app, a checkbox could be used so that a user controls in which compositions that symbol appears.
    2) In IG compositions, for the text layers of shortCaption and longCaption, you can change the font type and color throughout the text but if one wants to change only a part of the font color, this cannot be changed. -or I could not do-, changing the color would serve to highlight the mention of other accounts or hashtag,
    3) In IG you can play with the options so that the icons appear marked "like" or "save" in the posts, for Twitter it would be good to add options to give "like" or "retwitt".
    4) There would be a way to show who retweet a tweet, sometimes it is not so important what a tweet says if not who shares it, if it is not possible, some kind of checkbox could be used to display the retweet icon and a layer of text in which you can manually change the user's name and the word retweet, that last for those of us who don't live in the USA. .
    6) Perhaps the publication date appears above the text layers of like and retweet.
    Thank! 
    Hey Daniel!

Thanks for the kind words and praises. The number one way that we are able to improve tools is by gathering input from the users and you have supplied us with a great amount! Thank you.

1) Great point. We'll add that in the next update.
    2) Yes this happens due to an expression on the caption text layers that allows us to format it properly. Now that I think about it, there might be a better way to handle this that allows you to make further edits. Will look into this.
    3) This is a a solid point. Will build into next update. 
    4) Definitely understand. The way that Social Importer pulls this data kind of limits us. We're continuing to test new ways of pulling. Text box idea could be cool!
    5) Must have missed these guys in the initial release! Good call. 
    6) We looked at a few different tweet formats and chose this one. If the community would like to see it switched up we can provide it.

Thanks so much for your feedback. Very generous and much appreciated! 
  • nile erls said:

i had problems with the try feature of the app

constantly says app is invalid 

you should do the last guys suggestion

4) There would be a way to show who retweet a tweet, if not who shares it,  with a 
    checkbox could be used to display the retweet icon and a layer of text in which you can manually change the user's name and the word retweet, . .
    6) publication date appears above the text layers of like and retweet.

1) For Twitter and Instagram add the check mark, that symbol indicates that they are verified accounts
    We're on it! Great input. It might be a bit of a challenge to build this for email services. That might have to be a seperate product. 
  • Is Social Importer compatible with creating MOGRTs for Premiere?
  • Will this be available also for facebook?
  • Is Social Importer compatible with creating MOGRTs for Premiere?
    You wont be able to generate tweets or posts via a MOGRT.
  • Will this be available also for facebook?
    We are looking into it!
  • Hi I just downloaded and I am trying to use but when I click Search & Import it says "Unable to execute script at line 74. Function values.forEach is undefined" 

Do you know what the issue might be? Specifically I am trying to download an instagram video from a link. 
  • Hi I just downloaded and I am trying to use but when I click Search & Import it says "Unable to execute script at line 74. Function values.forEach is undefined" 

Do you know what the issue might be? Specifically I am trying to download an instagram video from a link. 
    Hey Jessica,

So sorry for the issues! Would you mind opening a support ticket so that we can get this squared away?

- Danny
  • THE TWITTER PART DOESNT WORK

BUT THE INSTAGRAM PART IS PERFECT

WAITING FOR REDDIT , OR TIKTOK 

• Would love to see this support YouTube Videos, where we include YouTube url and social importer imports it as a post, including thumbnail (and or video), profile pic, name of video, name of youtuber, etc.
  • Have been trying out the trial version, but it seems the Instagram import is broken. The following error displays;

TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined at
    file:///C:Program%20Files%20(x86)/Common%20Files/Adobe/CEP/extensions/Social%20Importer/panel.js:74144:57 at <anonymous>

Any insight on this? I’d love to have this in my toolkit for prepping social media templates, but can’t buy it unless this works.

Thanks

Email also sent.
  • Hi! Just starting to use this now - I've noticed that the twitter controls for date opacity also control the stats opacity. Can you fix this bug in the next version?

Also, the "Likes" text and "Retweets" text shifts horizontally in position in response to the width of the number, but those should be independent. Thanks!
  • [Deleted User] said:
    THE TWITTER PART DOESNT WORK

BUT THE INSTAGRAM PART IS PERFECT

WAITING FOR REDDIT , OR TIKTOK 

Hey there,

Please open a support ticket if you are having any issues!

- Danny
  • Would love to see this support YouTube Videos, where we include YouTube url and social importer imports it as a post, including thumbnail (and or video), profile pic, name of video, name of youtuber, etc.
    Noted! We will be making so upgrades to the tool in the coming months :)

Best,
  • Hi! Just starting to use this now - I've noticed that the twitter controls for date opacity also control the stats opacity. Can you fix this bug in the next version?

Also, the "Likes" text and "Retweets" text shifts horizontally in position in response to the width of the number, but those should be independent. Thanks!
    Hey Andrew,

Good catch! We will fix that in the next update :)

- Danny
  • Bought this plugin and neither the twitter or instagram seem to work. It just keeps saying post not found or TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined 
  • Glad I downloaded the trial, as the comment below says, not workign with the same error message
  • Not working in AE 2021. Works fine in CC 2019 but get the same errors as below commenters in CC 2021?
  • Ist this app still maintained? I cant get it to work in AE 2021, Mac, BigSur.