• imageLazy 2

Lazy 2 brings two new dimensions of easing to After Effects. Easily distribute your layers and keyframes across your After Effects timeline along an adjustable bezier curve!

https://aescripts.com/lazy/

• Is there also a CS6 version available?
  • Hi, I'm trying to install the trial version  but I get the following error: "The extension cannot be installed at the moment. Please install a compatible CC application and try again."

I'm running the latest version of AE on the latest version of Windows 10. 
    Cheers,

• New features look really cool, just installed and ready to test drive. I'm not seeing any presets though and not sure if I have to install them separately? ZXP installer didn't seem to do the trick. 

Thanks.
  • Is there also a CS6 version available?
    Hey Ives,

Unfortunately, this is only for CC2014 and above :(
  • New features look really cool, just installed and ready to test drive. I'm not seeing any presets though and not sure if I have to install them separately? ZXP installer didn't seem to do the trick. 

Thanks.
    Hey Steven,

Yes this issue has been reported to us and we will have a fix out in the next day or so. So sorry for the inconvience!

Danny
  • “New” UI Colors
    The super dark background grid is incredibly distracting, and provides no useful information but takes focus away from the curve I'm working with. Almost wish I didn't upgrade. Was already perfect in Lazy 1. Now sure why this was changed, but this is not an improvement. Please update it with the original subtle background! In fact, just COPY the colours in the UI for Lazy 1. Way better.

UI Clutter
    Also, is there a way to put all of the UI in a single place? The UI is super cluttered top and bottom now with gigantic buttons and drop downs that take away from the original minimal experience I loved.

Auto-Update? Confirm is Unnecessary
    Why do I have to click a checkbox to see the changes? Again, the original Lazy 1 was perfect. Adjust the curve, see the changes as you watch playback. Please make a setting for Auto-Update in the Prefs and then hide the checkbox button if it's turned on.

• Hi, I'm trying to install the trial version  but I get the following error: "The extension cannot be installed at the moment. Please install a compatible CC application and try again."

I'm running the latest version of AE on the latest version of Windows 10. 
    Cheers,

Hey Yaniv,

Can you try using this zxp installer?

• And where can I download the library of presets?

Yes, I am missing the presets as well and was wondering where I could find them.

Yes, I am missing the presets as well and was wondering where I could find them.
    There is a fix coming tonight that will populate your interface with them :)
  • Hey Yaniv,

Thanks, that worked fine! Just bought it, awesome script :) 
  • Hey Yaniv,

Thanks, that worked fine! Just bought it, awesome script :) 
    Awesome!

Update is out that should fix the unpopulated presets :)
  • Wade Ha said:
    “New” UI Colors
    The super dark background grid is incredibly distracting, and provides no useful information but takes focus away from the curve I'm working with. Almost wish I didn't upgrade. Was already perfect in Lazy 1. Now sure why this was changed, but this is not an improvement. Please update it with the original subtle background! In fact, just COPY the colours in the UI for Lazy 1. Way better.

UI Clutter
    Also, is there a way to put all of the UI in a single place? The UI is super cluttered top and bottom now with gigantic buttons and drop downs that take away from the original minimal experience I loved.

Why do I have to click a checkbox to see the changes? Again, the original Lazy 1 was perfect. Adjust the curve, see the changes as you watch playback. Please make a setting for Auto-Update in the Prefs and then hide the checkbox button if it's turned on.

Hey Wade, 

Thanks so much for the valuable feedback. 

Are you using a lighter version of the After Effects interface? Our testers have enjoyed the darker color scheme thus far. However, we'll continue to chat in the support ticket to refine these.

We have gotten some input about this and we are working on ways to minimize the real estate of the input buttons in order to reserve most of the space for the graph. In our next update you will see these all resized and refined. You will also notice that the right tab buttons will disappear at a certain size in the next update. 

We will work on incorporating an auto update feature, however things start to get sloppy when we do it this way. It was the cause of a lot of bugs in the previous version.

Thank you again for your criticisms. They are extremely constructive and will ultimately help us to continue to refine Lazy :)
  • Another thing: Lazy 2 is wayyyyy slower at moving layers. Like at least 10 times slower.
    Lazy 1 moves things instantaneously. Probably why they have an "Apply" button. It would be too slow to use without it.

This is SLOW.
    Download and compare.

I'm surprised they thought this was ready for prime time.
  • I'm a bit surprised at the narrow timeframe you're allowing people to do the free upgrade, I just bought this plugin at the end of november. Also when I open AE I have this annoying blue bar in my Lazy window that pops up everytime I open AE.
  • haha this was the only plug in I've bought on the aescript sale, so i've saved some pounds but now the upgrade on top of what I've paid is more expensive that if I waited for the new version HAHA.

But what annoys me is that the thing is a bit buggy, I was hoping for a small free upgrade just with the button "apply" so I could adjust the curve and the duration without screwing the whole selection and keyframes. 
  • Wade Ha said:
    Another thing: Lazy 2 is wayyyyy slower at moving layers. Like at least 10 times slower.
    Lazy 1 moves things instantaneously. Probably why they have an "Apply" button. It would be too slow to use without it.

This is SLOW.
    Download and compare.

One of the reasons it is slower is because Lazy 2 is much more thorough. Many of the errors we received previously were because we were using a different technique of distributing. We believe that accuracy is more important than timeliness :)
  • I'm a bit surprised at the narrow timeframe you're allowing people to do the free upgrade, I just bought this plugin at the end of november. Also when I open AE I have this annoying blue bar in my Lazy window that pops up everytime I open AE.
    Hey Kasper,

This is standard aescripts policy, unfortunately. Would you mind opening a support ticket for the blue bar issue? Is it the prompt for collecting data?
  • haha this was the only plug in I've bought on the aescript sale, so i've saved some pounds but now the upgrade on top of what I've paid is more expensive that if I waited for the new version HAHA.

But what annoys me is that the thing is a bit buggy, I was hoping for a small free upgrade just with the button "apply" so I could adjust the curve and the duration without screwing the whole selection and keyframes. 
    Hey Helena, that is unfortunate about the timing..

Would you mind opening a support ticket for any bugs you are having? We should be able to get those sorted out for you A$AP
  • Wade Ha said:
    Another thing: Lazy 2 is wayyyyy slower at moving layers. Like at least 10 times slower.

This is SLOW.
    Download and compare.

One of the reasons it is slower is because Lazy 2 is much more thorough. Many of the errors we received previously were because we were using a different technique of distributing. We believe that accuracy is more important than timeliness :)
    Accuracy of what? What was wrong with how it was distributing? I never had a problem with it. Is it because they were sub-frame?

In my work, fast feedback from my artistic tools is much more important than whether it's "right". Again, not knowing what was wrong with the first version, I can't speak to whether it was an improvement to make it 10x slower.
  • Wade Ha said:
    “New” UI Colors

UI Clutter

Hey Wade, 

Thanks so much for the valuable feedback. 

Are you using a lighter version of the After Effects interface? Our testers have enjoyed the darker color scheme thus far. However, we'll continue to chat in the support ticket to refine these.

We have gotten some input about this and we are working on ways to minimize the real estate of the input buttons in order to reserve most of the space for the graph. In our next update you will see these all resized and refined. You will also notice that the right tab buttons will disappear at a certain size in the next update. 

We will work on incorporating an auto update feature, however things start to get sloppy when we do it this way. It was the cause of a lot of bugs in the previous version.

Thank you again for your criticisms. They are extremely constructive and will ultimately help us to continue to refine Lazy :)
    Nope, I'm using the dark version of the UI. The colour scheme I'm referring to is specifically around the dark grid behind the curve and the barely visible curve lines on their background. That combined with a cluttered UI where the buttons are huge and often unnecessary, makes for a non-improved experience.
  • Great Tool, but is there anyway to add the functionality of pinching keyframes on a single animated parameter? not multiple layers, but just one single parameter, for example the position parameter. for example like this:

It's essential rearranging the keyframes to new spacing or sequencing them.
    let me know?
  • Is there a way to use this with multiple comp layers? It works just fine with shape layers... but when I use it to ease comps it trims the comps instead of moving them.
  • Great Tool, but is there anyway to add the functionality of pinching keyframes on a single animated parameter? not multiple layers, but just one single parameter, for example the position parameter. for example like this:

let me know?
    Such a cool idea. Just ran this by the team and will definitely try and build out this functionality :)
    Glad you enjoy the tool!
  • Is there a way to use this with multiple comp layers? It works just fine with shape layers... but when I use it to ease comps it trims the comps instead of moving them.
    Hey would you mind opening a support ticket?
  • In my experience, Lazy 2 is a fairly large step backwards from Lazy 1 in terms of functionality and ease of use.

#1: It simply will not begin the layer distribution where I tell it to; it starts the distribution further forward in the timeline than I want (in one case something like 10 seconds beyond the playhead!), which is obviously problematic when working with lots of layers. It works as intended when keyframes are selected. The original Lazy handles it flawlessly for either layers or keyframes.

#2: Lazy 2 is far slower than Lazy 1. I understand that it is intended to increase accuracy, but IMO the sort of accuracy required for the eased distribution of many layers is secondary to the performance of that easing. Lazy 1 handled tons of layers with ease and quickly; Lazy 2 just gets really frustrating in waiting for it to perform the easing which, combined with the uncertainty of it actually easing correctly (see #1), makes it IMO almost unusable. I've gone back to Lazy 1.

#3: The Graph has a substantial usability flaw in that if the handle is dragged beyond a certain bound, one loses control of the ability to manipulate that handle without releasing and then re-clicking the handle, dragging it again, rinse and repeat. After a few rounds with this it makes the entire experience pretty poor. Again, I've gone back to Lazy 1 which doesn't have the issue.

These criticisms aside, I have really enjoyed using Lazy (the first version that is) and would love to see it continued to be developed. I like the thought behind a lot of the intended improvements and updates, but I honestly don't think they are quite there yet. I usually recommend Lazy to my friends and colleagues, but unfortunately I'd have to recommend (at present) passing on this version. 

As a suggestion for a future version: it'd be great (if possible) if there could be an option to perform the distribution with randomization. That is, instead of applying the distribution only ascending or descending, instead apply the same distribution but randomized across the layers or keyframes. 

Thanks for your consideration!
  • Hey Jason,

We appreciate the time you put in to give us this valuable feedback. We think that Lazy 2 is an improvement from the previous iteration, but there are still some things that need to be fixed. 

1 - This is definitely a bug that should not be happening. Would you mind opening a support ticket so that we can get this fixed ASAP? This is the first report we have heard of this error :(

2 - We hear you. We have received a lot of feedback that our new distributing engine is too slow and we understand. Let me tell you that we are currently developing a new method for shifting keyframes/layers so that it will be as fast or faster than Lazy 1.

3 - This is another bug that we have only heard of a few times. With our next update you can rest assured that there will be a fix for this. 

I am glad that you have enjoyed the product thus far and I promise that we will make these changes. Myself and many others enjoy Lazy 2 in their workflow every day, but there are some things that still need to be addressed. I am sad to hear that you can no longer recommend our product to your colleagues... But your feedback will help get us back on track :)

Also, your randomizing idea is gold. We will try to work that into our next major release!

Cheers,
    Danny
    In my experience, Lazy 2 is a fairly large step backwards from Lazy 1 in terms of functionality and ease of use.

#1: It simply will not begin the layer distribution where I tell it to; it starts the distribution further forward in the timeline than I want (in one case something like 10 seconds beyond the playhead!), which is obviously problematic when working with lots of layers. It works as intended when keyframes are selected. The original Lazy handles it flawlessly for either layers or keyframes.

#2: Lazy 2 is far slower than Lazy 1. I understand that it is intended to increase accuracy, but IMO the sort of accuracy required for the eased distribution of many layers is secondary to the performance of that easing. Lazy 1 handled tons of layers with ease and quickly; Lazy 2 just gets really frustrating in waiting for it to perform the easing which, combined with the uncertainty of it actually easing correctly (see #1), makes it IMO almost unusable. I've gone back to Lazy 1.

#3: The Graph has a substantial usability flaw in that if the handle is dragged beyond a certain bound, one loses control of the ability to manipulate that handle without releasing and then re-clicking the handle, dragging it again, rinse and repeat. After a few rounds with this it makes the entire experience pretty poor. Again, I've gone back to Lazy 1 which doesn't have the issue.

These criticisms aside, I have really enjoyed using Lazy (the first version that is) and would love to see it continued to be developed. I like the thought behind a lot of the intended improvements and updates, but I honestly don't think they are quite there yet. I usually recommend Lazy to my friends and colleagues, but unfortunately I'd have to recommend (at present) passing on this version. 

As a suggestion for a future version: it'd be great (if possible) if there could be an option to perform the distribution with randomization. That is, instead of applying the distribution only ascending or descending, instead apply the same distribution but randomized across the layers or keyframes. 

Thanks for your consideration!

• Hello!
    Really like this plugin, which is why I immediately upgraded when I saw the new version. However, I am having this problem; If i close the plugin window, either by clicking the the "x" or disabling i the "window" rollout, After effects crashes instantly with no message. In addition, Lazy 2 prevented me from opening older version projects. Has anyone else experienced this? Sorry in advance if this is already discussed, with try reinstalling to see if the problem persists.

Thanks!
  • Hello!
    Really like this plugin, which is why I immediately upgraded when I saw the new version. However, I am having this problem; If i close the plugin window, either by clicking the the "x" or disabling i the "window" rollout, After effects crashes instantly with no message. In addition, Lazy 2 prevented me from opening older version projects. Has anyone else experienced this? Sorry in advance if this is already discussed, with try reinstalling to see if the problem persists.

Thanks!

Hello!

Thanks!
    Yikes that's an issue! We are currently working on some other bug fixes that might be causing your issue. We should have an update out for you within the next week. 

Cheers,

Danny
  • It's not doing anything except throwing an error. Why do you put out such products that dont work

And when I restart AE it is saying Unable to execute script at line 1. Lazy2 is undefined
  • It's not doing anything except throwing an error. Why do you put out such products that dont work

And when I restart AE it is saying Unable to execute script at line 1. Lazy2 is undefined
    Hey Avinash,

We just saw your ticket come through and got back to you. Very sorry for this issue, has this rendered Lazy unusable?

Cheers,

Danny
    It's not doing anything except throwing an error. Why do you put out such products that dont work

• Hello,

I have bought two Lazy2  licences, since I have 2 computers working with AE CC2017.

My problem with Lazy 2 is this:

On one computer there is an error message displayed all the time "undefined is not an object" the same as here: https://ibb.co/0QcwRD8

Second computer at first stated the same error, but when I tried to restart AE, it kept on crashing as soon as it starts up, so I could not work on my projects at all. I uninstalled Lazzy 2 and it stopped crashing. I tried second time to install Lazy2 and it was the same, only this time when I uninstalled it, AE kept crashing and I had to reinstall After Effects CC2017. 
    In the end it had something to do with DirectX, so I installed the latest version, and I was able to continue working, but I still haven't installed Lazy 2, because of all this hassle. I am too afraid the same thing might happen.

Can you please try to fix this, and I will install the new version. Otherwise I will have to ask for a refund.
    Current version ( Lazy 2 ver 2.0.5) is not working for me.

• Hello,

I have bought two Lazy2  licences, since I have 2 computers working with AE CC2017.

My problem with Lazy 2 is this:

On one computer there is an error message displayed all the time "undefined is not an object" the same as here: https://ibb.co/0QcwRD8

Second computer at first stated the same error, but when I tried to restart AE, it kept on crashing as soon as it starts up, so I could not work on my projects at all. I uninstalled Lazzy 2 and it stopped crashing. I tried second time to install Lazy2 and it was the same, only this time when I uninstalled it, AE kept crashing and I had to reinstall After Effects CC2017. 
    In the end it had something to do with DirectX, so I installed the latest version, and I was able to continue working, but I still haven't installed Lazy 2, because of all this hassle. I am too afraid the same thing might happen.

Can you please try to fix this, and I will install the new version. Otherwise I will have to ask for a refund.
    Current version ( Lazy 2 ver 2.0.5) is not working for me.

Hey Milos,

So sorry for your issue! We just released a new version that should fix this issue. Would you mind downloading it and seeing if that fixes the problem! Sorry again.

Cheers,

Danny

let me know?
    Such a cool idea. Just ran this by the team and will definitely try and build out this functionality :)
    Glad you enjoy the tool!
    Any luck on adding this functionality yet?
  • Both Lazy 2 and Datamosh (same developer) use over 4-5% of the CPU separately (combined over 8%) when not being used, only open. Either my CPU is being harvested for data collection or the code is not efficient and some process is happening when it doesn't need to be in both extensions.

I have a lot of scripts open in AE and none of them do this except the scripts from this company. Something in the base code is not right.
  • Wade Ha said:
    Both Lazy 2 and Datamosh (same developer) use over 4-5% of the CPU separately (combined over 8%) when not being used, only open. Either my CPU is being harvested for data collection or the code is not efficient and some process is happening when it doesn't need to be in both extensions.

I have a lot of scripts open in AE and none of them do this except the scripts from this company. Something in the base code is not right.
    Hey Wade,

I wanted to follow up with an explanation on why our tools draw a little extra CPU usage and how extensions (which our tools are) are different than scripts.

Our products are CEP extensions, which is basically a little Chrome browser inside your After Effects instance. A lot of tools are built on that these days because its flexible, but unfortunately it results in some extra CPU usage. We're not doing anything with your CPU in the background, as we are very much not in business of harvesting our user's private data without their consent..

If you are unhappy with the extension because of the CPU usage, we are more than happy to issue you a full refund. Please let us know how we can help further. 

Thanks,

Danny
  • Hi Danny, 

Thanks for the info, but I have many other AE extensions (not scripts) running that do not do exhibit this issue with the 4-5% of the CPU when idle.

Other than Datamosh and Lazy 2, I also have these extensions: (none with this idle CPU usage issue)
    - BG Renderer Max
    - Flow
    - Kbar
    - Lazy 1
    - Motion 3
    - Overlord

In addition to all these extensions running embedded Chrome, full Google Chrome itself uses zero % when idle, so it doesn't make sense that it's simply because the extensions have a browser in them.

I like your products and don't want a refund. I'm reporting this so you can improve your products efficiency for your customers. I hope you'll consider taking a look into this issue with Lazy 2 and Datamosh, and possibly your other products as I'm guessing it's a lower level issue.
  • it would be great if you reset the curve from a preset that the frame range number set stayed the same
  • Hi there! Lazy seems really promising, but I'm becoming pretty wary of using it in my projects as I will often get the "Unable to execute script at line 1. Lazy2 is undefined" bug the next time I open After Effects. This renders After Effects stuck open unless I end the task from Task Manager.

Luckily when this first happened I had the AEscripts ZXP installer still open and I was able to quickly use that to disable Lazy2, and After Effects was able to start normally. I'm concerned that if I had not been fortunate I could have spent a lot of time during a tight production manually removing Lazy2.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
    Max
  • Hi there! Lazy seems really promising, but I'm becoming pretty wary of using it in my projects as I will often get the "Unable to execute script at line 1. Lazy2 is undefined" bug the next time I open After Effects. This renders After Effects stuck open unless I end the task from Task Manager.

Luckily when this first happened I had the AEscripts ZXP installer still open and I was able to quickly use that to disable Lazy2, and After Effects was able to start normally. I'm concerned that if I had not been fortunate I could have spent a lot of time during a tight production manually removing Lazy2.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
    Max
    Hey Max,

We have had a few users report this. So sorry for the inconvenience! We have found the best way to fix this issue is my resetting your After Effects preferences. 

Cheers,

Danny

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
    Max
    Hey Max,

We have had a few users report this. So sorry for the inconvenience! We have found the best way to fix this issue is my resetting your After Effects preferences. 

Cheers,

Danny
     Having this issue as well, any progress on fixing this? Resetting preferences isn't an acceptable solve.
  • I'm experiencing the same issue with Lazy 2. "undefined is not an object"
    It would be great to solve this without having to reset preferences. Any updates on this bug fix?
  • Any way to import Flow curves into Lazy? Really like the pinch thing.

Also would love a fix that doesn't require the "reset preferences thing" that's not really a fix.
  • I'm experiencing the same issue with Lazy 2. "undefined is not an object"
    It would be great to solve this without having to reset preferences. Any updates on this bug fix?
    Hey Milton,

Sorry for the late response on this.. Would you mind opening a support ticket if you are still having issues?

Cheers,

Danny
  • Any way to import Flow curves into Lazy? Really like the pinch thing.

Also would love a fix that doesn't require the "reset preferences thing" that's not really a fix.
    Hey Benjamin,

We have been in contact with the Flow dev and we are looking into possible ways to do it. Submitting an inspiration idea to them would help us out!

If you are still having issues would you mind opening a support ticket?

Cheers,

Danny
  • Anyway to make this thing work as advertised?
    Just purchased this last night and immediately crashed my current project while I was not even using it, but I did have it docked.

Now, it keeps saying "Unable to execute script at line 1", forcing me to delete this from the extensions area just so I can open AE.
    Pretty intrusive.

I have read the comments about "resetting my preferences", which I will try.
    Is there any plan to make this work like most paid plugins / scripts that do not require extremely inconvenient workarounds?

Really curious about this as it seems I should have read the comments section before making the purchase.

Let me know!

Thanks!
    Hey William,

Super sorry for this issue. It truly is a bug that happens to a very small amount of users and we think it has something to do with Lazy conflicting with another extension. 

Would you mind opening a support ticket so we can get this sorted out? 
  • 2020 compatibility?
  • Hi, any plans to making this AE 2020 compatible? Thanks
  • 2020 compatibility?

Hi, any plans to making this AE 2020 compatible? Thanks
    Hey Guys,

We support CC 2020! Sorry about that, just updated the product page :)

- Danny