Fast Camera Lens Blur
  • The only time I would use the camera lens blur in AE is to simulate depth of field.  Do you have any examples of that?  
  • Sorry, this plugin does not support Depth of Field.
    Now, the plug-in under development corresponds to Depth of Field, aiming for release next year.

By the way, camera lens blur of AE does not correspond to Depth of Field.
    Although there is a Blur Map, it is not very useful nor it is not practical
    The attached image is the result of rendering the demonstration project of Lens Care in camera lens blur of AE.
    AE-CameraLensBlur.png
    1920 x 1080 - 420K
  • i think the blur map is the second most important aspect of the Camera Lens Blur effect (first one is of course the blurring itself). Hope you implement the map :)
  • Hello! First of all, thanks for your very promising plugin, it looks great! Here is my questions:
    1. Do you have plans to add different Iris shapes to choose (7-9 blades?), or at least roundness parameter of the aperture blades?
    2. I noticed that "Exp/Gamma" gain doesn't affect anything at Blur radius lower than 10. (This means that highlights at these levels are darker and less photorealistic than with native plugin.) And then gamma gain applies non linearly, depending on Blur Radius value, which is a bit confusing when you need to animate blur radius from 0 and higher. At native effect and OoF this highlights gain is linear and works fine with low blur radius values. Is that technical "feature" of your much faster rendering algorithms, or this can be corrected in the future? Thanks!
  • Hello! Thank you for using my plugin!
    1>
    During this year, I will add a fast 8 blade shape. There are no plans for 7, 9+ blades.
    However, it is true that shapes like circles and seven blades are also in demand.
    Although it is not as fast as 6 or 8 blades, it will add round shapes and custom shapes that are a few times faster than Lenscare and others.

2>
    This is a problem of the precision of the algorithm being used, and it deals with the problem that if the gain is done with a small radius, such as radius 3, the picture becomes fragile.
    In the case of a small radius, I judged that even if suppressing gain, the quality did not go down to that point, but was this a mistake?
    I plan to add a function that can adjust the calculation precision, and I will try to remove the limit after implementing it.
  • Fast Camera Lens Blur currently won't install onto my machine when installed by following user guide instructions.

I'm excited to use it once it is functional - looks very good.
  • Oh, what does it mean you can not install? Does an error occur?
    Please tell me the OS and the model number of the CPU.
  • Oh, what does it mean you can not install? Does an error occur? Please tell me the OS and the model number of the CPU.
    I emailed all this information to your support email address
  • I am sorry that my support was delayed.
    Somehow, the mail was judged as spam mail.
    I improved the filter so that I do not judge the plug-in relation as spam mail.

core i7 3930k is called Sandy Bridge-E, one of the core i series, one of the Extreme Editions, where intel's latest technology is pre-launched.
    There is a possibility that the optimization of the compiler made a mistake due to the difference in the instruction set installed in the CPU.

Just like another i7-3930K user reported similar problems, it seems to be a CPU specific problem.

I am sorry to have trouble, but please check whether the plug-ins attached to the Support Ticket can run in your environment for problem solving.
  • Hey. 
    Thank you for this amazing plugin. Just downloaded the demo and was amazed how fast it is.
    But it doesnt look very handy to me without the "blur map". If I dont want to blur the entire scene, how can I control it?
    Please consider to add "blur map" feature in the future updates.
    Thank you for the plugin again.
  • Trial is 4.1.0 not 4.1.3
  • Useless without depth input to control the amount of blur so the current pricing is ridiculous. Add that and I'll consider a purchase.
  • Bought it. Love the speed. Please add a blur matte feature. Thanks!
  • Great plugin, but add a matte control and I'll buy it. 
  • Great plugin for simple use. 
    But definitely requires:
    1. D
    epth input
    2. M
    atte control 
    3. A
    namorphic squeeze factor.

• Great plug-in, essential for very blur-heavy projects!

However, it does not work on macOS 11 because of an “unverified developer” situation.
    (I opened a support ticket about it)

Edit: Problem solved by using the aescripts Manager, thanks Tumoi Yorozu!
  • Anyone else's been running really slow the past little while? I'm on an iMac Pro using Premiere Pro 15.4 (the most recent update) and it struggles to smoothly play back clips with this effect on them.
  • This is a great plugin but since switching to M1 MacBook it doesn't show up in Premiere anymore. Am I missing something or does the plugin need an update?
  • This is a great plugin but since switching to M1 MacBook it doesn't show up in Premiere anymore. Am I missing something or does the plugin need an update?
    Hi, thanks for using my plugin.
    This plugin is not yet natively compatible with M1 Mac, Premiere has a native M1 version, but plugins that are not compatible will not show up. It is inconvenient, but you can use it by launching the Intel version of Premiere from Creative Cloud.

AE does not yet support M1 natively, but there is a Beta version that does support M1, and we think it needs to be supported as well.
    I also bought an M1 mac mini and am getting ready to update it. I will probably be busy until May, so native support will come after that.
    Please wait a while.
  • Just want to add my support for the M1 version - Love this plugin and find it very useful, I hope to be able to use it on my M1 soon!
  • hello!, I just bought the fast camera blur plugin, but I don't know how to install it in premiere pro 2022
  • hello!, I just bought the fast camera blur plugin, but I don't know how to install it in premiere pro 2022
    Use our manager app to install it: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

• hello!!! Are you ready to use it in Premiere Pro 2022? I have installed it and it still does not work
  • hello!!! Are you ready to use it in Premiere Pro 2022? I have installed it and it still does not work

Are you using m1mac? If so, it is currently under development as described on the top page.

Are you using m1mac? If so, it is currently under development as described on the top page.
    perfect!, yes, I have an M1, I'll wait to buy it!, I have another macbook pro and this beautiful plugin is already installed on it! Thanks a lot
  • Hello, the product page banner mentions that the plugin doesn't work with Premiere Pro M1 - does that include After Effects M1 also?

Cheers
  • Hello, the product page banner mentions that the plugin doesn't work with Premiere Pro M1 - does that include After Effects M1 also?

Cheers
    Hi, I only wrote about Premiere Pro because the M1 version was released early. In fact, it was not even compatible with the M1 AE released this spring.

But now we have released a version supporting M1 Mac!

cc: guillermo aroca  oxen media Oscar Dahl 

• Hi, heres no tutorial to see whats possible with the plugin. Do you have Matte Control or something? Or is this plugin only for bluring entire scenes? :)
  • Hello! I bought this plugin today. But the plugin doesn't work.
    This plug-in is installed in the appropriate path, but a warning message appears when After Effects is launched.
    --------------------
    After Effects warning: The following plugins have failed to load. Please reinstall these plugins:
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\TumoiYorozu\FastCameraLensBlurAE.aex
    --------------------
    Of course, I've tried reinstalling several times. But it still doesn't work.

I am using Windows 10 and After Effects 2021 version.
    Please let me know the solution. thank you
  • Hello. Sorry for the problem with the plugin.

It works fine on our Windows development machine and on our test machine. However, there have been several reports of it not working, so it seems certain that the problem exists.
    We are considering rolling back the Windows version within the next few days.
  • Great plugin, i used it working properly..
  • Question: do the film and media industries place too much value of "fast" tools? Surely dedicated post production artists are more interested in tools that facilitate effective, elegant and artefact free outcomes? I am not saying this plugin does produce artefacts, merely suggesting independent film artists and industry workers should look beyond the impossible expectation of finishing an edited clip yesterday.
  • Question: do the film and media industries place too much value of "fast" tools? Surely dedicated post production artists are more interested in tools that facilitate effective, elegant and artefact free outcomes? I am not saying this plugin does produce artefacts, merely suggesting independent film artists and industry workers should look beyond the impossible expectation of finishing an edited clip yesterday.
    This plug-in supports only simple, flat bokeh, and thanks to its limitation, it is significantly faster.
    The technique of blurring backgrounds and other objects to direct the viewer's gaze to a subject that is in focus has received a great deal of attention in the video industry in recent years. In this case, a noisy blur with artifacts would be meaningless because the background would distract the viewer's attention.
    In fact, state-of-the-art lenses pursue flat bokeh without artifacts as the ideal state.

Of course, bokeh with artifacts is also very important and is used in scenes where the creators want to leave a lasting impression. The viewer remembers only such bokeh, but the true role of bokeh is to create a quiet bokeh, and most scenes use such bokeh. For example, if you look at a Pixar movie, the majority of the shots are flat bokeh, and only some memorable cuts and scenes use special bokeh.
    Thus, flat bokeh is used in many ordinary cuts, requiring a fast plug-in.

We don't think it is necessary to use only one lens blur. For users who also need special bokeh, we recommend using it in conjunction with Lenscare or DoF Pro.

Note that this plug-in can render the same results as AE standard lens blur and LensCare's flat OutOfFocus without degradation with the help of mathematics, except that it does not support DoF.
    If you want to create the same flat bokeh, you can't beat the speed.
  • Hey there, plug-in works great but adds a cross-hatching artifact all across any layers that I apply the effect to, making the plug-in unusable. Any ideas?

• License is not recognized properly, please use aescripts + aeplugins manager app or register the license from "Register" in Effects
  • Hi!
    Would it be possible to add the option to shape the bokeh? For example stretch it to mimic anamorphic?
  • I'm disappointed with this plugin. I bought it in a black friday sale without trying because it was so obvious it would have a blur map feature included.

- It uses the native plugin name in its name - so, customer thinks "that plugin, bus faster, ok!"
    - In the description, we see a comparison between the native Camera Lens blur.

All the recipe guides you to believe that it works like AE camera lens blur, at least with its 3 most important features. It blurs the image, the blur shape, and the blur map.

I think the information about the blur map would be critical for customers here. 
  • Please add the ability to use a depth map.  This has very little use without that feature
  • Does the latest version compatible for multi-frame rendering ?