MochaImport+ V6
  • Does this plugin work with mocha pro 2019 too?

This plugin works only with AE?
    (mocha pro works with vegas and hitfilm too..the plugin does not?)

thx
  • Hi Gavin,
    it works with all mocha versions (also mocha pro 2019) but only in After Effects, not in hifilm or vegas.

Does this plugin work with mocha pro 2019 too?

This plugin works only with AE?
    (mocha pro works with vegas and hitfilm too..the plugin does not?)

thx

• Does this include mocha pro 2019 standalone too (or only plugin with AE).
  • Yes, it works with both plugin and standalone versions. When you use a standalone version, MochaImport+ can read the tracking data from the clipboard or a file. For plugin versions, it can read the tracking data directly from the plugin effect.

Does this include mocha pro 2019 standalone too (or only plugin wiuth AE).

• Thanks sounds great!
  • Hey Mathias
    I tried to sent several Masks from AFX(MochaImport+ v5) to Mocha 2019 but for some reason I could only select one of the Masks at a time in Mocha all the others seemed to be blocked. If I deleted the one I could select I was able to choose a different one but still only this one. There was also no particular order in which I was able to select them. Is this a known bug?
    It only happens in Mocha Pro 2019 not in Mocha Pro 4
  • Hi Pascal,
    no, this is not a known bug and I cannot reproduce this behavior here. Are you using Mocha Pro 2019 standalone app? When sending the masks from Ae to mocha, did you choose to place them all on individual mocha layers or all on the same layer? Can you open a support ticket and send me the mocha project file (ideally with footage)?

Hey Mathias
    I tried to sent several Masks from AFX(MochaImport+ v5) to Mocha 2019 but for some reason I could only select one of the Masks at a time in Mocha all the others seemed to be blocked. If I deleted the one I could select I was able to choose a different one but still only this one. There was also no particular order in which I was able to select them. Is this a known bug?
    It only happens in Mocha Pro 2019 not in Mocha Pro 4

• Hey Mathias,
    I'm using the Mocha Pro 2019 standalone version but also have the AFX plug in available. IF I sent the masks to Mocha 4 everything works fine but in 2019 I can only select one maska at a time. In the plug in version I don't see the masks at all.
    I upgraded to v6 of Mi+ last week but still the same "problems" here.
    I will sent you a mocha project via the support ticket
  • Having a strange issue.... running a track in MochaAE. Creating tracking data, load it, then apply it to a layer (power pin) with 'keep current frame' checked.

it works, but at some point a few frames later, the affected layer disappears... Happens every time.  It looks like the corner pin data goes nuts, inverts, and just freaks out for the rest of the track.

No issues if I do it entirely within mocha
  • Hi Matthew,
    does in only happen for one specific track or for all your tracks? If it is just this one, could you please open a support ticket and send me the project (tracking data and aep file should be sufficient - no footage needed).
    Best send me two variants of the project - one before you applied MochaImport+ and one after.

Is the track very distorted on the frames where it disappears? Like 3 of the 4 corner points on one straight line or so?
    Do you use the corner pin or stabilized precomp function?

Cheers,
    Mathias

• I'm experiencing the same issues with "Keep Current Frame" corner pin match moves going wacky, even though the tracking surface looks fine in Mocha. 

MochaImport+ 6.0.009
    After Effects 2018 & 2019
    macOS 10.13.6
    Mocha Pro 2019.5 standalone + Adobe CC plugin

I will send a support ticket regarding this.

• Thank you for the detailed bug report. I am looking into it right now.

I'm experiencing the same issues with "Keep Current Frame" corner pin match moves going wacky, even though the tracking surface looks fine in Mocha. 

MochaImport+ 6.0.009
    After Effects 2018 & 2019
    macOS 10.13.6
    Mocha Pro 2019.5 standalone + Adobe CC plugin

I will send a support ticket regarding this.

• Hey,
    Does or will Mocha Import+ support the new King Pin Tracker Plug in from RG?

Best
  • Hi Pascal,

we have no plans for this, yet, but I added it to my list of feature requests now.

Hey,

Best

• Hi Pascal,

we have no plans for this, yet, but I added it to my list of feature requests now.

Hey,

Best

Sounds good to me :-)
  • Hey Mathias,
    maybe you could also take a look into how to add support for the Spot Clone Tracker from RG within MI+ I guess you could drive the tracker point with using the drive parameter option but the plug in also supports scale and rotation which I'm not sure how to get over.

Best
  • ok, also added to my list :-)
    Hey Mathias,
    maybe you could also take a look into how to add support for the Spot Clone Tracker from RG within MI+ I guess you could drive the tracker point with using the drive parameter option but the plug in also supports scale and rotation which I'm not sure how to get over.

Best

• I only have Adobe Ae do i also need to own/buy mocha before i can use this plugin?
  • A version  of mocha is bundled with Ae and MochaImport+ works with those bundled versions, too. So if you own After Effects, you already have access to everything you need.

I only have Adobe Ae do i also need to own/buy mocha before i can use this plugin?

• Hi Mathias,

We just buy the mocha import and Mocha pro bundle for AE and I dont have the choice to apply my corner pin data to free form Pro, like in this tutorial:

Just wandering why it is no longer available?

Thanks
  • Hi Melanie,

to be honest, I don't remember 100% anymore why we decided to stop supporting FreeForm Pro. There where some technical reasons, that Freeform behaved very different than the other corner pins in some way. I think for Freeform, it didn't really make sense to only move the corner points and we didn't want to suggest workflows that don't really make sense. But again, I really don't remember the details anymore. In general, we support as many workflows as possible if they make sense.

Hi Mathias,

We just buy the mocha import and Mocha pro bundle for AE and I dont have the choice to apply my corner pin data to free form Pro, like in this tutorial:

Just wandering why it is no longer available?

Thanks

• Hi Mathias,

Thanks for the answer.Just to let you know, I was hoping to find a workflow to bypass the camera projection setup(like this tutorial) and use a stabilized precomp to do this kind of integration. Also It make sense to me that you only move the corner points since you can use a luma map to drive the displacement or use the integrated noise, and it's the only plugin for after to have 3d mesh warp.
    Maybe it will give you a idea...or you will consider supporting it again!

I will continue my search

Thanks 
  • Thank you for the feedback, Melanie. The main problem is probably that a  3D meshwarp will not behave truly 3d when applied inside a stabilized precomp. So if you just want it to look kind of 3d and the perspective does not change too much, you could try to apply a FreeForm effect inside a stabilized precomp. But when the perspective changes over time, the effect inside the precomp won't be aware of this and hence don't change accordingly.

I think what we supported in earlier versions of MI+ was effectively what you get if you now first create a corner pin and then link (simply with the pick-whip) the corners of the Freeform Mesh to the corner pin corners. In addition, you would need to apply linear expressions to the other mesh points to interpolate between the corners. But still, since the corner pin is only 2d, this would give you a grid that looks correct, but still is 2d and doesn't give you correct 3d deformation.

Cheers,
    Mathias

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for the answer.Just to let you know, I was hoping to find a workflow to bypass the camera projection setup(like this tutorial) and use a stabilized precomp to do this kind of integration. Also It make sense to me that you only move the corner points since you can use a luma map to drive the displacement or use the integrated noise, and it's the only plugin for after to have 3d mesh warp.

Thanks 

• Yeah, I understand better now. Has I was trying to make it work I realised that, too bad...
    Thanks fo your time anyway.
    Thank you for the feedback, Melanie. The main problem is probably that a  3D meshwarp will not behave truly 3d when applied inside a stabilized precomp. So if you just want it to look kind of 3d and the perspective does not change too much, you could try to apply a FreeForm effect inside a stabilized precomp. But when the perspective changes over time, the effect inside the precomp won't be aware of this and hence don't change accordingly.

I think what we supported in earlier versions of MI+ was effectively what you get if you now first create a corner pin and then link (simply with the pick-whip) the corners of the Freeform Mesh to the corner pin corners. In addition, you would need to apply linear expressions to the other mesh points to interpolate between the corners. But still, since the corner pin is only 2d, this would give you a grid that looks correct, but still is 2d and doesn't give you correct 3d deformation.

Cheers,
    Mathias

Hi Mathias,

Thanks 

• Hi!

I was wondering if there might be consideration given to have MochaImport+ to remember the last option chosen for 'load'. Right now, it always defaults to 'from mocha effect', even though I always want to load 'from clipboard', so I am constantly having to select it, even though I am always choosing that. Apart from that, I am loving this plugin! Thank you for your time.
  • That's a very good suggestion, Craig. Thank you! I just added it to my list of feature requests.

Hi!

I was wondering if there might be consideration given to have MochaImport+ to remember the last option chosen for 'load'. Right now, it always defaults to 'from mocha effect', even though I always want to load 'from clipboard', so I am constantly having to select it, even though I am always choosing that. Apart from that, I am loving this plugin! Thank you for your time.

• Thank you! That's great news, and much appreciated! :)

That's a very good suggestion, Craig. Thank you! I just added it to my list of feature requests.

Hi!

• Hi Mathias,

Im using mocha import with the live expression for cc power pin and every time I try to add a keyframe, the corner point jump to the last keyframed position and I have to manually reposition it. It's very annoying to make corner pin adjustement as I have to put my finger on my screen to remember the position it was before.
    It is normal or Im missing something?

Thank
  • Hi Melanie,

you are missing something: Just use the "add keyframe" button (key icon below the apply button) to add new keyframes.

For details see this tutorial at 2:05

Hi Mathias,

Im using mocha import with the live expression for cc power pin and every time I try to add a keyframe, the corner point jump to the last keyframed position and I have to manually reposition it. It's very annoying to make corner pin adjustement as I have to put my finger on my screen to remember the position it was before.
    It is normal or Im missing something?

Thank

• Thanks Mathias, I should have done more research!
  • Always happy to help :-)

Thanks Mathias, I should have done more research!

• For some reason when I apply for the stabilized precomp, nothing happens. It doesn't create a precomp. Any Help? Is it not loading the data for Mocha AE?
  • Hi Scott,

Please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/
    and include as much details as possible. Ideally attach the project file (just the aep file, no footage needed) and tell me the steps you tried to do. Do you get any error messages? Did you use a plugin version or mocha of a standalone version? Did you make sure to load tracking data before applying the stabilized precomp? If you try to create a corner pin instead of a stabilized precomp, does this work or does it create any error?
    The more details I know, the quicker and better I am able to help.

For some reason when I apply for the stabilized precomp, nothing happens. It doesn't create a precomp. Any Help? Is it not loading the data for Mocha AE?

• Hi, does the v6 work together with the power mesh of the newest version or do you plan an update. Actually to lazy to test ;-) would appreciate get some infos about compatibility. Thank you very much.
  • Hi Krystyna,

of course, MochaImport+ works with the new newest mocha Pro, but we don't offer workflows for the new power mesh feature, yet. I look into this, but have to timeline, yet, on when such a feature will be added.

Hi, does the v6 work together with the power mesh of the newest version or do you plan an update. Actually to lazy to test ;-) would appreciate get some infos about compatibility. Thank you very much.

• Hey guys,

Is this version compatible with the latest Mocha Pro 2021 version?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Thomas
  • Hi Thomas,

yes, it should be compatible with Mocha Pro 2021, but note that it does not support any of the new power mesh workflows, yet. If you want to create corner pins, stabilized precomps etc, you should be able to track those with Mocha Pro 2021 and use MochaImport+ as usual.

Hey guys,

Is this version compatible with the latest Mocha Pro 2021 version?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Thomas

• Hi there,

I'm trying to use MochaImport+V6 with RG Warp -- which has long been my "go to" for any corner pinning workflow -- but it is consistently crashing AE2020. 

Here's what happens:

1. In AE2020, I use the MochaImport+ window to send to Mocha Pro 2021. (Working with 4K Apple ProRes 4444XQ footage in my layer.)
    2. I track in Mocha, Export Tracking Data using the After Effects Corner Pin [supports RG Warp, and MochaImport+] format
    3. Back in AE, I use the MochaImport interface to load "from clipboard"... it asks me which layer I tracked, etc.
    4. Then when I hit "Apply" AE crashes. I've tried it several times, and sometimes, I can't even press "apply", it just crashes as it imports the tracking data. 

I am able to copy/paste the data from Mocha, using the normal AE Corner Pin effect, and it doesn't crash. 

Any idea what's happening here? FYI... I'm on a Mac, Catalina. 

Thanks,
    Hamish
  • Hi Hamish,

this sounds like your RG Warp corner pin has issues with Ae 2020. Maybe you need to update it?
    As a test, could you try to
    1. create the normal corner pin that you said works for you
    2. create a RG Warp corner pin manually
    3. copy the keyframes from the normal corner pin to the RG warp corner pin
    4. delete the normal corner pin again

You updating RG Warp does not help, the manual workflow using RG warp works and only with MochaImport+ it crashes, best open a support ticket at
    and include as much details as possible (like attaching the project file, tracking data and some screenshots) such that I can try to reproduce the problem.

Hi there,

I'm trying to use MochaImport+V6 with RG Warp -- which has long been my "go to" for any corner pinning workflow -- but it is consistently crashing AE2020. 

Here's what happens:

1. In AE2020, I use the MochaImport+ window to send to Mocha Pro 2021. (Working with 4K Apple ProRes 4444XQ footage in my layer.)
    2. I track in Mocha, Export Tracking Data using the After Effects Corner Pin [supports RG Warp, and MochaImport+] format
    3. Back in AE, I use the MochaImport interface to load "from clipboard"... it asks me which layer I tracked, etc.
    4. Then when I hit "Apply" AE crashes. I've tried it several times, and sometimes, I can't even press "apply", it just crashes as it imports the tracking data. 

I am able to copy/paste the data from Mocha, using the normal AE Corner Pin effect, and it doesn't crash. 

Any idea what's happening here? FYI... I'm on a Mac, Catalina. 

Thanks,
    Hamish

• Hi Mathias,

I have a problem where I track a simple traveling shot in 5K, and want to do a stabilze precomp with it. I load my tracking data and apply it, everything look fine but when create a keyframe(with the button in MochaImport) to edit the corner pin (with expression) and edit this keyframe, let say the bottom right pin, all it does is moving the corner pin like it was only a mask, it didn't distort the footage.The strange thing is that when I edit the keyframe with "expansion %" in cc power pin, it work, but I can't edit only one pin! I have several other shot in the same project and it work well, with the same source, the only difference I can tell is that this corner pin is way bigger.

Any Idea?

After effect cc 2020 17.6 mac osx 10.14.6

Thks
  • Hi Melanie,

I don’t fully understand the problem. If you change the keyframes of a stabilized precomp, only the area of your comp that is shown inside the precomp changes.
    In other words, both the corner pin that pins the precomp inside the main comp AND the corner pin that creates the background for the stabilized precomp itself update. The result will always look like the original comp - that’s a feature, not a bug.

Also, for such specific questions, better open a support ticket than writing a comment.

Cheers,
    Mathias
    Hi Mathias,

I have a problem where I track a simple traveling shot in 5K, and want to do a stabilze precomp with it. I load my tracking data and apply it, everything look fine but when create a keyframe(with the button in MochaImport) to edit the corner pin (with expression) and edit this keyframe, let say the bottom right pin, all it does is moving the corner pin like it was only a mask, it didn't distort the footage.The strange thing is that when I edit the keyframe with "expansion %" in cc power pin, it work, but I can't edit only one pin! I have several other shot in the same project and it work well, with the same source, the only difference I can tell is that this corner pin is way bigger.

Any Idea?

After effect cc 2020 17.6 mac osx 10.14.6

Thks

• Hi Mathias, 

Will there be any chance that you will make also a MochaImport +6 for Davinci Resolve Fusion? I think this should be written then in Pyton.

Thanks,

Theo
  • Hi Theo,

thank you for your request! Currently I have no plans for a Fusion version, but these kinds of requests definitely help me to prioritize what I focus my work on.

Hi Mathias, 

Will there be any chance that you will make also a MochaImport +6 for Davinci Resolve Fusion? I think this should be written then in Pyton.

Thanks,

Theo

• Hi Matthias,

it seems like "Red Giant Corner Pin" isn't working with MochaImport in the latest Red Giant version? No it is called "King Pin Tracker".
    It was the only plugin allowing to resize the stabilized precomp and has the option to increase the sampling quality. Is there any other possibility to resize the precomp? 
  • Hi Thomas,

yes, we currently have no support for King Pin. To change the size of the stabilized precomps, we have the following features:
    - with "live expressions instead of keyframes", you can change the region that is included in the precomp (and even keyframe this over time, see )
    - new in V6, with the dropdown "precomp size" in the dialog for creating stabilized precomps, you can lower the resolution of stabilized precomps. This makes sense to speed up rendering, if the precomp just covers a small portion of the entire comp. See the dialog here:
  • Suddenly getting "Could not find the CC Power Pin in the precomp!" error when trying to create a stabilized PreComp. Never seen it before, not doing anything different. Please advise!
  • Suddenly getting "Could not find the CC Power Pin in the precomp!" error when trying to create a stabilized PreComp. Never seen it before, not doing anything different. Please advise!
    Deleted Mocha Efx, retracked now it works. Maybe a corrupt mocha effect instance.
  • Hi Misha,
    good to hear that you already solved the issue! Maybe you had another comp in your project with exactly the same name as the precomp MochaImport+creates. Then it could happen that MochaImport+ looks at the wrong comp and cannot find the corner pin there.
    Quick fix is to rename your layer and then try to create a stabilized precomp from it again (because the names of the comps that MI+ creates are based on the layer name).
    Suddenly getting "Could not find the CC Power Pin in the precomp!" error when trying to create a stabilized PreComp. Never seen it before, not doing anything different. Please advise!
    Deleted Mocha Efx, retracked now it works. Maybe a corrupt mocha effect instance.

• Hi there, when I use MochaImport and check the 'liveexpressions' box apply the track and afterwards I want to tweak the corner points they are not visible or they are at the compresolution border. Am I missing something in the Tuturial about tweaking the track afterwards they are at the boundary of the object. Thank in advance Flo
  • Hi Floris,

does the wrong placement of the corner points happen when you insert a new keyframe? Make sure to use MochaImport+ keyframe button for this. See this tutorial at 2:02

Hi there, when I use MochaImport and check the 'liveexpressions' box apply the track and afterwards I want to tweak the corner points they are not visible or they are at the compresolution border. Am I missing something in the Tuturial about tweaking the track afterwards they are at the boundary of the object. Thank in advance Flo