• Flow became absolutely unusable due to extreme sluggishness 

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• I have a question about bezier curves which are in the library: 
    let's take quartOut bezier = (0.26, 1, 0.48, 1).

we are building our product on reactNative and they have a different easeQuartOut curve = (0.165, 0.84, 0.44, 1). I haven't noticed that before, but after some time I started digging around and notice the difference.

how did you base your bezier curves?

• how did you base your bezier curves?
    Hi! Looks like we just used a different set of cubic-bezier approximations than whatever React is using.
  • As brian McLean mentioned it before on june 18 
    "Latest version 1.4.0 seems buggy on AE 16.1.1 (MAC)
    The icons no longer switch the the easy ease icon on the keyframes after Flow apply button is pushed.
    After apply my flow curve, I can no longer view the curve on the graph editor, it appears flat.
    Also getting weird behavior, keyframes don't seem to be applying properly."

I have the same issue! flow does not give me easy ease keyframes in my timeline anymore. Plugin doesn't work properly anymore. Any suggestions? I just bought the plugin and it worked fine until now.
  • Hey Nico!

You have Flow set to "Apply As Expressions," not "Apply As Keyframes". Press that toggle.

For future replies / in general, just like every other comment here: 

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• Hello, Flow!
    I'm enjoying Flow using it with my works. Thanks for nice plug-in.

I have a question. 
    For example, I applied an easing curve to two keyframes as graph, and I checked which curve is applied to them, then it shows the exact easing curve that I applied to them.
    But if I changed the duration between these keyframes, and then I checked the curve, it shows slightly different curve with that I applied.

I guess because it's bezier curve and Flow cannot adjust control points as user changed the keyframe's position.
    But I don't know exact reason or how to keep the exact curve even though I change the keyframe's position.

Could you give any knowledges about that?

Thanks.

• Hello, Flow!
    I'm enjoying Flow using it with my works. Thanks for nice plug-in.

I have a question. 
    For example, I applied an easing curve to two keyframes as graph, and I checked which curve is applied to them, then it shows the exact easing curve that I applied to them.
    But if I changed the duration between these keyframes, and then I checked the curve, it shows slightly different curve with that I applied.

I guess because it's bezier curve and Flow cannot adjust control points as user changed the keyframe's position.
    But I don't know exact reason or how to keep the exact curve even though I change the keyframe's position.

Could you give any knowledges about that?

Thanks.

Hi! This has nothing to do with Flow.
    1. Create two keyframes in AE
    2. Apply some sort of easing, via the graph editor
    3. Look at the shape of the curve
    4. Move one of the keyframes
    5. Look at the shape of the curve again
    You'll see that they're different; changing the timing changes the curve; it's just how AE works :)

You could just reapply the desired preset after you've changed key timing, that'd get you there!
  • Hi! This has nothing to do with Flow.Create two keyframes in AEApply some sort of easing, via the graph editorLook at the shape of the curveMove one of the keyframesLook at the shape of the curve againYou'll see that they're different; changing the timing changes the curve; it's just how AE works:)

You could just reapply the desired preset after you've changed key timing, that'd get you there

I got it. It's just how AE works!

Thanks for quick replying. Have a great day :)
  • Flow is an essential tool for any AE user. Hands down the most used plugin I use. I wish I had bought this years prior (if it had existed in 2015, it would have saved me tons of time). Easy interface. A joy to work with. (They should get more downloadable presets though. I'd like a little more variety. In no way should that comment deter anyone.) Any AE user I've talked to over the last few years, Flow is the first plugin I recommend. I even say, if you were to only get one plugin, let this be it. Thanks for creating this!

ZK
  • No longer needing the graph editor is nice, but have you ever tried to adjust animation curves in Premiere Pro? That is a REAL Pain in the Ass!
    Will we ever get a ported version for Premiere Pro? Please!
  • Flow totally freezes my AE when applying keyframes or it will take around 30s before curves appears to layer. Win, AE2020 and latest Flow download. This should speed up my workflow not slowing down.
  • Flow totally freezes my AE when applying keyframes or it will take around 30s before curves appears to layer. Win, AE2020 and latest Flow download. This should speed up my workflow not slowing down.
    I did and your solution was that ticket is changed from open to closed. So i assume that slow is just a feature.
  • I did and your solution was that ticket is changed from open to closed. So i assume that slow is just a feature.
    Dangit, you caught us! Musta left the "wait 30 seconds to do stuff" feature on -- naw, just kidding. Ticket reopened! Keep in mind that we're just two humans working on Flow, not a company with a dedicated support team. During busy personal/work times, including the holiday season, it can take a while for us to get to open tickets -- sometimes longer than the auto-close window the ticketing system uses.
  • Hey. I love this plugin. It's really great! Would recommend it to anyone.

Only thing I do not like about it is the "Allow anonymous analytics" pop over that appears once in a while. To click deny I need to resize my interface because the message is longer than my panel is. Click deny. And then resize my interface back to what it was. Really ignoring. Best solution would be if you had it only asked once and then never again.

Only thing I do not like about it is the "Allow anonymous analytics" pop over that appears once in a while. To click deny I need to resize my interface because the message is longer than my panel is. Click deny. And then resize my interface back to what it was. Really ignoring. Best solution would be if you had it only asked once and then never again.

It only asks once, the only reason it would ask again is if the preferences are reset or deleted so it no longer knows your preference.

It only asks once, the only reason it would ask again is if the preferences are reset or deleted so it no longer knows your preference.
    Hm. I just noticed it happened once in a while. Maybe when AE is updated? I'll try to notice. Anyways, it would be great if the message wasn't wider than the panel. Scaled or responsive so I could easily close it.

Hm. I just noticed it happened once in a while. Maybe when AE is updated? I'll try to notice. Anyways, it would be great if the message wasn't wider than the panel. Scaled or responsive so I could easily close it.

Upgrading AE can definitely mess with the prefs. Can you open a support ticket and include some screenshots showing the issue you are describing? https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Upgrading AE can definitely mess with the prefs. Can you open a support ticket and include some screenshots showing the issue you are describing? https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    Sure. Nothing to screenshot now, but I'll do that next time it happens.
  • I can't install the Flow, it tells me error, pliss help me
  • I can't install the Flow, it tells me error, pliss help me

Can you open a support ticket and include some screenshots showing the issue you are describing? https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Works perfectly on my PC, but on my MAC I can't get this to work properly on 2019 or 2020 AE  . Support has so far been unable to help. Wish this was a standard install plugin vs. the ZXP route. 
  • Works perfectly on my PC, but on my MAC I can't get this to work properly on 2019 or 2020 AE  . Support has so far been unable to help. Wish this was a standard install plugin vs. the ZXP route. 

• I know this is probably an AE limitation rather than your script...but is there no way to apply multiple flow expressions to a single property?  Say like something slides in with one expression...and then "backs" in with another?  Appending obviously overwrites the previous one.

Thanks you and thanks for such a great tool!
  • Hey Austin.
    This is totally doable, but requires some manual work. Once you apply Flow ease to an expression that already contains expression, Flow will prompt you to Overwrite or to Append the expression. If you chose Append, then both ease function gets saved into expression. From here you'll have to manually update the expression to use proper Ease functions for keyframe indices - use ease A between keys 1 & 2, and use ease B between keys 3 & 4 etc. But again, this requires some manual work, as well as experience working with expressions in AE.

Cheers.
    I know this is probably an AE limitation rather than your script...but is there no way to apply multiple flow expressions to a single property?  Say like something slides in with one expression...and then "backs" in with another?  Appending obviously overwrites the previous one.

Thanks you and thanks for such a great tool!

• Hey! I just got flow script for my Mac, but i’m not quite sure where I should put the folder with all the stuff inside. I tried putting it inside my Scripts IU folder but it won’t show up in my window in after effects
  • kaylee suh said: Hey! I just got flow script for my Mac, but i’m not quite sure where I should put the folder with all the stuff inside. I tried putting it inside my Scripts IU folder but it won’t show up in my window in after effects

As the readme explains, you need to use the aescripts+aeplugins zxp installer to install Flow. We provide a shortcut in the zip to download it. For future discussion about this, though,
    please open a support ticket.
  • I successfully download it but im currently using CC 2018 and I can see “Flow” in my Window in After Effects but when I click it, nothing happens what should I do?
  • I successfully download it but im currently using CC 2018 and I can see “Flow” in my Window in After Effects but when I click it, nothing happens what should I do?

• Feature Request:  A way to organize or group curves.  Or have multiple groups of custom presets.  I do a lot of work with businesses that have their own specific movement language and it would be great to toggle to just see theirs when working on projects. 

Love the tool though, guys! 
  • Am I able to use this if I install this on a computer with Multiple users who take turns using the same computer? I am working for a large corporate company, I'm not clear if this is allowed.
  • Am I able to use this if I install this on a computer with Multiple users who take turns using the same computer? I am working for a large corporate company, I'm not clear if this is allowed.

Depends on the license type. For floating licenses yes, for Single User licenses no. If you have further questions please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hello,

ZXP installer installs the script on AE 2019. Is it possible to install it manually on AE 2020? 
  • Hello,

ZXP installer installs the script on AE 2019. Is it possible to install it manually on AE 2020? 

Yes please use our manager app to install it: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
  • Thank you it works like a charm. Regards!
  • Hey guys! Love flow thanks so much for making it. One question for some reason my graph suddenly is cropped not showing the upper half of the graph. For some reason it won’t fit to the size of the box when I open flow. How can I get it to reset the graph so it will fit and show all of the graph? I’ve tried resetting ae settings and reinstalling. Any suggestions?
  • Hey guys! Love flow thanks so much for making it. One question for some reason my graph suddenly is cropped not showing the upper half of the graph. For some reason it won’t fit to the size of the box when I open flow. How can I get it to reset the graph so it will fit and show all of the graph? I’ve tried resetting ae settings and reinstalling. Any suggestions?

• Hi, This script is awesome!
    I always use it.

By the way, is there a function to convert keyframes to linear with one click?
    Even if I apply a linear graph, the keyframe will remain in Bezier mode, which will lead to incomprehensible behavior.
    I always use it.

Even if I apply a linear graph, the keyframe will remain in Bezier mode, which will lead to incomprehensible behavior.
    In AE (not Flow), hold control and click on the keyframes to convert them to linear.
    I always use it.

In AE (not Flow), hold control and click on the keyframes to convert them to linear.
    I achieved my purpose.
    Thank you!
  • Hi, how are you? I bought the FLOW script and it is not compatible with version 2020

• Hi, how are you? I bought the FLOW script and it is not compatible with version 2020
    Hi! Yes, it is. If you're having trouble with this, please open a technical support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=934
  • Josh Good said:
    Hi, I love this plugin and use it all the time. I have AE 2020 and it was working like it always did. But all of sudden it stopped changing the key frames to Bezier and leaves them linear and just applies an expression to the key frames. Please help. See example below: 

please open a technical support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=934
  • Im having the same issue as below. I already opened a ticket. Used it yesterday and it was fine and today the IN, OUT and BOTH buttons are greyed out and you can't apply easing with FLOW at all right now. Very weird. 
  • Im having the same issue as below. I already opened a ticket. Used it yesterday and it was fine and today the IN, OUT and BOTH buttons are greyed out and you can't apply easing with FLOW at all right now. Very weird. 
    Tickets take time to reply to, thanks for your patience!
  • Como faço pra add os pacotes predefinidos adicionais?
  • Como faço pra add os pacotes predefinidos adicionais?
    please open a support ticket for technical assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=934
  • Hello. Flow isnt compatible anymore with AE 17.5. :/
  • Hello. Flow isnt compatible anymore with AE 17.5. :/

if you need assistance please open a support ticket : https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=934
  • Hi, (not creating a ticket because the plugin worked before the v17.5)

Any idea when you'll have a compatible version out for the new AE update? 

Thanks