• this is just omino
  • That's awesome !! 
  • will it work in CS6?
  • Hi, bought the plugin, overall nice, but there seems to be a bug where there is always a kind of white stripe. Do I something wrong? Is this a bug? Any suggestions? ls note the picture.

Regardsimage

OS X 10.13.6
    AE CC2016
    MacBook Air
    Intel Core i7
    2,2 GHz

• Does this only do black and white?
  • AE 2020 compatibility?
  • Hi, everyone! 

AE 2020 compatibility?
    Yes!

Does this only do black and white?
    Yep

Hi, bought the plugin, overall nice, but there seems to be a bug where there is always a kind of white stripe. Do I something wrong? Is this a bug? Any suggestions? ls note the picture.

Regardsimage

OS X 10.13.6
    AE CC2016
    MacBook Air
    Intel Core i7
    2,2 GHz

It's not a bug, thats how works this algorythm... But good news, update is coming soon. We gonna add checkbox, which will delete white stripe if you check it.

That's awesome !! 
    Thanks! 

will it work in CS6?
    If it still actual, contact us trough support, we have some solution for you.
  • Hi Vladimir - am enjoying exploring Modulation, trying to make some controlled abstract graphics... 
    It's an interesting tool, thanks for making and sharing it. 

I was wondering f you've thought of other ways of adding complexity and control to it? (or other parameters to control?) 

For example, if just compositing a non-moving object or face etc in the middle of a composition, it is common to create nice effects on that with Modulation, but which also leave many static lines outside the object / face etc 
    I then find myself trying to create dynamics without just changing the number of lines etc... 

Would it be possible in anyway, to create some dynamics and motion by shifting the positions of the lines? 
    Ideally this'd be some kind of cyclic or loopable way....
    Does the algorithim permit any control over the line thickness?

Cheers from Melbourne, Australia
  • Hello,

I’m unable to install into the plugin folder (AE 2017 Mac OS 10.11.6).

Received this error: You can’t copy “modulation.plugin” because it has the same name as another item on the destination volume, and that volume doesn’t distinguish between upper- and lowercase letters filenames.

I don't have anything with "the same name" in there. And you should know that there are several folders in the .zip file I downloaded with several versions of the plugin in several MacOS folders some of which are empty. We tried all of them and were able to get one to work that bypassed the OS error
 but upon launching AE nothing shows up in effects drop down and upon a search in the tab, the only thing that comes up is the "Modulator" audio effect.

Please help!

Thank you!

• Hi Again,

Just realized that several of the plugins in the .zip for osx are 0 (zero) bytes. Those are the ones that copy. The one that is all lowercase shows up as 961 KB but gets us the OS error listed below in previous comment.

Thanks!
    Greg
  • SOLUTION: Downloading from the "TRY" button instead of the download after purchasing gave me a different .zip file that only had 1 folder and 1 osx plugin that copied right over and worked.

• Interested to know what the difference this is between omino diffusion?
  • Hi Vladimir - am enjoying exploring Modulation, trying to make some controlled abstract graphics... 
    It's an interesting tool, thanks for making and sharing it. 

I was wondering f you've thought of other ways of adding complexity and control to it? (or other parameters to control?) 

For example, if just compositing a non-moving object or face etc in the middle of a composition, it is common to create nice effects on that with Modulation, but which also leave many static lines outside the object / face etc 
    I then find myself trying to create dynamics without just changing the number of lines etc... 

Would it be possible in anyway, to create some dynamics and motion by shifting the positions of the lines? 
    Ideally this'd be some kind of cyclic or loopable way....
    Does the algorithim permit any control over the line thickness?

Cheers from Melbourne, Australia
    Hello, Sean! Thank for your suggestion. When we are going to work on new version, we will try to make some of this parameters ;) 
  • Interested to know what the difference this is between omino diffusion?
    Difference is big
  • SOLUTION: Downloading from the "TRY" button instead of the download after purchasing gave me a different .zip file that only had 1 folder and 1 osx plugin that copied right over and worked.

Hey, Greg! Thanks for helping community. I really don't have any guess why this archive bug is keep appearing.
  • is it working on mac? thank you
  • is it working on mac? thank you
    Oh yes
  • Hello, I dropped the .plugin file into my After Effects folder on Mac but it's still not showing up in the application. 

Any ideas? 

Please use our manager app to install it: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
  • Hey I am still getting the pink X Arrow even after i purchased. How do I get rid of them?
  • I'm also getting the pink X. Verified purchase via installer and manually. 
  • I'm also getting the pink X - just purchased and installed following instructions on Windows.
    UPDATE: I think I may have resolved this - as far as I can tell its just a RAM preview issue. When I adjusted the preview settings from Auto to Half, the X went away... so maybe it was that? 
  • great plugin thanks!
  • I'm also having issues with a big pink x, its got nothing to do with the preview settings for me, it just rendered out through media encoder to an mp4imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Does anyone have issues rendering out videos with the modulation? Each time I've rendered into AME it will not show the modulation effect.

• I'm getting the pink x after I purchased and downloaded. How do i fix this?

• hey folks

for mac users
    about installing and not showing up in AE - i just got a solution.

i downloaded and installed the aeplugins manager app

using the manager creates a folder named 'Zaebects' containing the modulation plugin.
    the path is:

Adobe After Effects 2020/Plug-ins/Zaebects/Modulation.plugin

hope thats helpful
  • I'm getting the pink x after I purchased and downloaded. How do i fix this?

Once installed, open After Effects, apply/open the Modulation Effect. 
    On the control panel at the top it says "Register Product.'
    Use the license Key (in your purchase history) to activate. 
    Then pink X is gone. 
  • Hey guys! Please, open support tickets for all your problems. We reply it much faster than we do it in comments. Thank you for using our plugin :)
  • Is it Scarlett Johansson on the poster?
  • Is it Scarlett Johansson on the poster?
    May be

Hey, Greg! Thanks for helping community. I really don't have any guess why this archive bug is keep appearing.
    Hey guys. I'm getting the same error, but Greg's solution isn't working for me... However, the zip I get from the "TRY" link seems to be identical to the one I get from my downloads page. Any chance Vladimir Esenin can re-compile this? I'm just not sure what else to try. I'm currently running CC 2020 on MacOS 10.14.6. Any advice? Did I just waste $40? 

Hey guys. I'm getting the same error, but Greg's solution isn't working for me... However, the zip I get from the "TRY" link seems to be identical to the one I get from my downloads page. Any chance Vladimir Esenin can re-compile this? I'm just not sure what else to try. I'm currently running CC 2020 on MacOS 10.14.6. Any advice? Did I just waste $40? 
    Hello Dale! I can't fix this problem, because it is not in archieve, but on the website side. We are only develop plugin, the problem is not within our competence. Sorry.

And yes, if you download by the "TRY" link, it will be the same file, so you can use it. Just register it :)
  • Works once you figure it out, but lots of trial and error due to lack of tutorials and poor written documentation.

• Hi! 
    I´m having the same problem on Mac, and also tried the manager app to install it. But without success, any help on this please?

Thanks!

Hello, I dropped the .plugin file into my After Effects folder on Mac but it's still not showing up in the application. 

Any ideas? 

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 03.50.53.png
    1901 x 688 - 662K
  • Thanks for this plugin !! I use it a lot in my workflow, I love it and all your others plugins :p. Great job ! If you want to take a look, I use it a lot on this video :D 
  • Hi,

Any chance of an Apple Silicon update? Thanks!
  • Hi, please let us know when an M1 version will be available!
  • Hi,

Any chance of an Apple Silicon update? Thanks!

Hi, please let us know when an M1 version will be available!
    Hello! It is available! 
  • Hi guys,. I bought your bundle. Installed with the a3scipts manager. Where can I get a copy of the manuals and example files. I
  • Hi guys,. I bought your bundle. Installed with the a3scipts manager. Where can I get a copy of the manuals and example files. I
    Hello! We only have manual and example file for Physarum plugin. You can download it manually in your profile or from store page by pressing "TRY" button. 
  • would it be possible add an option to make the lines look larger? 
    Like this : 

• Hello, I'm getting some lovely results in After Effects with the plug-in, but I'm finding when I render out as an mp4, the compression heavily pixelates the image and I lose all definition.
    The work will be uploaded to Youtube and Twitter, so I'm looking for a way to achieve a result closer to my After Effects preview.
    Has anyone else had the same issue, or found any work-arounds? 
  • invalid license error after buying :/
  • would it be possible add an option to make the lines look larger? 
    Like this : 

Hello! Сheck all lowpass checkboxes)

Hello, I'm getting some lovely results in After Effects with the plug-in, but I'm finding when I render out as an mp4, the compression heavily pixelates the image and I lose all definition.
    The work will be uploaded to Youtube and Twitter, so I'm looking for a way to achieve a result closer to my After Effects preview.
    Has anyone else had the same issue, or found any work-arounds? 
    Hello! Higher bitrate is a key to keep details. But unfortunately video hostings have strong compression codecs, so you better avoid small details in your projects. Or you can make still shots from your project. As you see there is no ultimate solution for this problem.

jake osm said:
    invalid license error after buying :/
    We are working on it, update will be available soon)
  • I just bought it, but there are bright pink lines on it. I’m really sad cuz it was expensive and now I can’t use it. Any solutions???
  • Hello :) 
    thanks for the nice plugin, but will this work in 32 bit in the futur? 

Best greetings :)
  • is it going to be updated to support multi frame rendering? AE warns that it does not, and that it's affecting preview and render performance.
    This is important for me to know pre purchase 
    thanks
  • Hi guys, we need update for AE23 
  • Hi. Any chance to make it work on AE 2023?
  • Love the effect. AE2023 compatibility would be very helpful.