• Wicked tool! Just upgraded and it's working great. Wish it could also UN-crop when needed. (ie: Autocropped and then added another element to Comp that extends beyond boundaries and need to uncrop).
  • Wade Ha said:
    Wicked tool! Just upgraded and it's working great. Wish it could also UN-crop when needed. (ie: Autocropped and then added another element to Comp that extends beyond boundaries and need to uncrop).
    I'll have to look into doing something like that. For now, (if you're cropping a pre-comp) you can use Mask Crop and just make the mask larger than the size of the composition you are "cropping"
  • Hello when I click on "register" in preferences it doesn't do anything, then it says it's on trial mode..

Any idea ? :)
  • Me too. I just bought this. PlLease fix. ASAP!
  • windows CC 2019.
  • I bought the 3.0 version and got the upgrade email, but the AE Scripts app and site says I have to pay $5 for a 0.01 update.
  • Thanks for the swift update. Good stuff!
  • Hello when I click on "register" in preferences it doesn't do anything, then it says it's on trial mode..

Any idea ? :)
    Sorry about that. Is this happening on version 3.0.1 or the original 3.0.0 release? The update should have fixed this issue.
  • I bought the 3.0 version and got the upgrade email, but the AE Scripts app and site says I have to pay $5 for a 0.01 update.
    You should not have to pay for the upgrade. I'll have to look into that. 

Please try downloading the trial version. There is no difference between the trial and paid version. Once you enter your serial, they are exactly the same.
  • Agree with Wade Ha, being able to "un-crop" or what ever it would be called would make this tool insanely good! :)

• Hey there, glad you updated this! I bought it twice :D , I use it all the time!
    The one thing I immediately noticed was that you can't change the padding without going into the preferences each time. It would be great if you moved that setting and exposed it to the outside so we can adjust it faster. Padding is something that I need to change surprisingly often, at least in my type of work.

All that said, I've used v2 forever, and just want to say THANKS!

PS: Plus 1 to the Mask-Uncrop feature that would be amazing. I have used this tool in reverse by adding a solid and auto cropping to expand dimensions before I think 
  • Hey there, glad you updated this! I bought it twice :D , I use it all the time!
    The one thing I immediately noticed was that you can't change the padding without going into the preferences each time. It would be great if you moved that setting and exposed it to the outside so we can adjust it faster. Padding is something that I need to change surprisingly often, at least in my type of work.

PS: Plus 1 to the Mask-Uncrop feature that would be amazing. I have used this tool in reverse by adding a solid and auto cropping to expand dimensions before I think 
    Yes, I can definitely add an option to show the preferences on the dockable panel.

Also, the mask-uncrop is already a feature. You can also set an extra-large padding and "crop" a comp that has already been cropped to expand it. I'm working on making this a one-click/automated feature
  • Thats amazing, thanks! Also, something I just noticed after hitting the autocrop button moments ago, a "center anchor point" checkbox would also be awesome. Often times when autocropping a bunch of things, that's another common thing I find myself needing to do post-crop.

Thanks again!!! Amazing script :D 
    Hey there, glad you updated this! I bought it twice :D , I use it all the time!

Yes, I can definitely add an option to show the preferences on the dockable panel.

Also, the mask-uncrop is already a feature. You can also set an extra-large padding and "crop" a comp that has already been cropped to expand it. I'm working on making this a one-click/automated feature

• Yes, an option to "uncrop" would be great. Where the contents of the comp have extended beyond its boundaries and you want the comp to be resized to the max dimensions.  
  • Yes, an option to "uncrop" would be great. Where the contents of the comp have extended beyond its boundaries and you want the comp to be resized to the max dimensions.  
    There is a new option called `Expand` that was added in Auto Crop 3.1.0 which gives this functionality. You can see a quick clip of it working towards the bottom of the description page in the `Expand and Crop` section.
  • Hey, I just bought this and installed then tried to use.
    However, WHERE can I find the serial number??????
    continuously, it requests a serial number.
  • Create an error all the time...
    I create a comp.. go inside... push auto crop and this makes an error. AE crashes...
  • [Deleted User] said:
    Hey, I just bought this and installed then tried to use.
    However, WHERE can I find the serial number??????
    continuously, it requests a serial number.
    Licensing details are provided by aescripts. Please see this page for more information: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-code-faq/
  • Create an error all the time...
    I create a comp.. go inside... push auto crop and this makes an error. AE crashes...
    Please open a support ticket so that I can get some more details about the issue
  • Are you going to update Auto Crop so it works in Mac OS  Catalina? cant get it to work..
  • I wanted to crop a photoshop imported layer only to the region where Pixel Data is in. I thougt autocrop would do this exactly. But i get the error Message : "Auto Crop can not run the currently selected layer(s). Please modify your selection and try again"......any suggestions for help ?
  • It dosen't work!
    I got error: "Auto Crop can not run the currently selected layer(s). Please modify your selection and try again".
    I install exactly as in PDF Instruction and still have this error.
    Crap.
    I als try to install plugin via AeScript extension but it is not work as well.

• It dosen't work!
    I got error: "Auto Crop can not run the currently selected layer(s). Please modify your selection and try again".
    I install exactly as in PDF Instruction and still have this error.
    Crap.
    I als try to install plugin via AeScript extension but it is not work as well.

Hi,

Auto Crop crops compositions to fit their contents, not individual media layers. If you are getting that error, you are not selecting a comp or a pre-comp. If you need to crop a specific media layer, put it into its own comp and crop the composition.

If you are selecting a comp or pre-comp and are still seeing that error, please open a support ticket so we can look into the issue.
  • I found an issue if the precomp has a layer with seprated dimensions (x,y) script will show an error msg.
  • I found an issue if the precomp has a layer with seprated dimensions (x,y) script will show an error msg.
    Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • When will this be compatible with CC 2020? You say it is on this site, but it does not list CC 2020 in my AE Scripts app manager. And I can't load it into CC 2020.
  • I've installed Auto_Crop.aex into a few of AE's plugins folder but I can't find it in AE. How does one access this file in AE?
  • What does this statement mean in the description above?

"Now a native After Effects plugin!"
  • What does this statement mean in the description above?

"Now a native After Effects plugin!"
    Auto Crop 2 was a script, rather than a plugin. Auto Crop 3 is a plugin that allows it to run faster and with perfect accuracy
  • I've installed Auto_Crop.aex into a few of AE's plugins folder but I can't find it in AE. How does one access this file in AE?
    Once installed, it will show at the bottom of the "Layer" menu, or you can additionally install the Script UI panel to get quick access in the UI. Note that the Script UI panel doesn't do anything on its own, you must always install the plugin for Auto Crop to work.
  • Is it possible to build a KBar button for the AutoCrop functions?
  • Hi, Auto crop is great! Having an issue with the latest version though. 

Does Crop Duratiton not work on multiple comps? I really hope so. 

Getting the "Auto crop can not run on the currently selected layer(s) or composition. Please modify your selection and try again."

Regular Auto crop on the same comps with the same selections seems to work fine though.

Help, please? Suggestions? Thanks!
  • Please make it compatible with Ae 2021.
  • Need it for AE 2021
  • I do not see it under layer in menu, I only see it in Windows: https://i.imgur.com/1qOHeXc.png
  • Since updating AE I can now no longer see it in the Layer menue either.
  • Why can't I auto-crop illustrator files? 
  • Oh this is great! I am on a highly time sensitive project, found this script to help me out with a problem I am dealing over here, just to find that is not compatible with AE 2021?????????

Thanks!! 
  • Oh this is great! I am on a highly time sensitive project, found this script to help me out with a problem I am dealing over here, just to find that is not compatible with AE 2021?????????

Thanks!! 
    Auto Crop is compatible with AE 2021, please open a support ticket if you are seeing issues
  • Question - When assigning Auto Crop to an Ae shortcut, instead of applying it to a pre-comp it opens the Auto Crop preferences menu. Is there a way to make it actually apply Auto Crop instead?

Otherwise - feature request: Adding and "APPLY" button to the Auto Crop preferences menu, that way pressing the shortcut opens the prefs menu and then you hit ENTER for "APPLY", two button presses instead of having to go to Layer > Auto Crop.

Thanks!! 
    Auto Crop is compatible with AE 2021, please open a support ticket if you are seeing issues
    Jorge - I curious if you are seeing the same thing I am. If so, it may be more of a help ticket for aescripts installer. I am on a Mac running Big Sur and AE 2022. The aescripts installer claims to have installed it, but it is nowhere to be found in AE. When I manually installed it following the instructions in the PDF included, I was able to see it. 
  • I really need it to be compatible with AE 2022 
  • Thanks for Auto Crop, It's really saved me a lot of time!
  • i bought this 6 yrs ago. How do i upgrade with discount code?
  • What the serial number? help please! 
  • What the serial number? help please! 
    Please see this page for more information: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-code-faq/

If there are still issues, please open a support ticket
  • It doesn't seem to be working with AE 2022. I used the Aescripts manager to install, I see the checkmark, but in my AE 2022 I don't see the script.

Any plans on updating this script?
  • Hey there! Any plans for updating the plugin for Apple Silicon processors? Thanks!
  • Silicon Support would be nice
  • A Silicon update of you very useful plugin would be much appreciated. I'm missing the plugin a lot.