Smart Keyframe Navigator
  • AE Ver 17.0.0 on Mojave.

Works just as intended. I set the shortcuts to Shift X and C but thats just my preference.
    Very useful for quick adjustments.
  • Hey thanks for checking it out!
  • Works Great! 

I might have this wrong but I think AE only shows the first 20 or so scripts, and they are still bound by index, not file name. So if you have a LOT of scripts, searching for "Smart' as your Manual suggests, isn't going to work.  The indexing thing also means that if the user later adds another script file which alters the index of this script, the keyboard shortcut will fail.  So… it might be an idea to append an underscore to the script filenames or at least explain the behaviour in the manual ?
  • "I think AE only shows the first 20 or so scripts" - I meant in the keyboard shortcut editor, not the main file menu
  • (Oops, I accidentally used my other account before, so here's the comment again)
    Hi Steve, thank you for trying the script. I believe you're right - I'll add an underscore or something similar in the next version to move it to the top of the script stack. And add a paragraph about this potential problem in the manual.
    Cheers, Michael
  • (Oops, I accidentally used my other account before, so here's the comment again)
    Hi Steve, thank you for trying the script. I believe you're right - I'll add an underscore or something similar in the next version to move it to the top of the script stack. And add a paragraph about this potential problem in the manual.
    Cheers, Michael
    Nice one
  • Is there any way the script could not interfere with single keyframe selections? I'm finding that if I have one of several keyframes selected, the script switches the selection to the keyframe under the (moved) playhead every time.

• Is there any way the script could not interfere with single keyframe selections? I'm finding that if I have one of several keyframes selected, the script switches the selection to the keyframe under the (moved) playhead every time.
    Hi Steve, can I contact you privately? I would like to send you a version to try and test if this behaviour is better, if you wouldn't mind.
  • Sure, of course. You can find my site via google - there's an email address there.
  • Hey! When I do the Next hot key it just jumps back and forth between two keyframes and doesn't progress to the next set of keyframes. I assigned it to Shift+X. The previous one works alright although if I press the key too fast I get an Ae error that it can't run two scripts at once. Running Ae 2018.3 on Windows 10. Thx!
  • Hey! When I do the Next hot key it just jumps back and forth between two keyframes and doesn't progress to the next set of keyframes. I assigned it to Shift+X. The previous one works alright although if I press the key too fast I get an Ae error that it can't run two scripts at once. Running Ae 2018.3 on Windows 10. Thx!
    Hi Joey, can you please open a support ticket and send me a screenshot? Based on your description I can't reproduce the effect and it seems to work fine on my machine.
    For anyone running into Joey's problem, you can try the following:
    - Installation: Make sure to unpack the scripts into After Effects/Support Files/Scripts, not /Scripts/ScriptUI Panels
    - Keyboard shortcut editor: Make sure to set the shortcuts on the scripts within the menu "File/Scripts" and not "File/Scripts/Recent Scripts". The scripts in the "Recent Scripts" menu are rearranged all the time, and the shortcuts set in this menu won't be constant
  • AE Ver 17.0.0 on Mojave.

Works just as intended. I set the shortcuts to Shift X and C but thats just my preference.
    Very useful for quick adjustments.
    I used Shift-Z and X, but great idea to switch to the left side of the keyboard. Way faster!
  • i dont know how to set shortcut for scripts
  • i dont know how to set shortcut for scripts
    Hi Rafael, did you take a look at the documentation? It's explained in the pdf. Please let me know if this helps. Cheers Michael
  • I was just thinking that it would be great if you added (or created a new script with) the ability to go to the next and previous COMP markers. I know you can use number keys for layer markers, so long as you have no more than 9, but I'd like to go to the next comp marker. Any Ideas? Thanks, Clayton
  • I was just thinking that it would be great if you added (or created a new script with) the ability to go to the next and previous COMP markers. I know you can use number keys for layer markers, so long as you have no more than 9, but I'd like to go to the next comp marker. Any Ideas? Thanks, Clayton
    Hi Clayton, please excuse the late reply! Your idea sound absolutely scriptable, so I'll try to set somthing up when I get around to it. Cheers Michael
  • Hello. Can't seem to get SKN to run in the latest AE 22.6 on OSX Monterey. Did the new version of AE break the script?
  • fdz bdz said:
    Hello. Can't seem to get SKN to run in the latest AE 22.6 on OSX Monterey. Did the new version of AE break the script?
    Hi fdz bdz, can you please open a support ticket and send me detailed info about what's not working? Thanks!
  • .....daiiiimmnnnn... ! This script has now become obsolete as the newest version of After Effects features this with Shift J and Shift K to jump between selected property keyframes! Hope they gave you guys a bonus for the tip!!
  • .....daiiiimmnnnn... ! This script has now become obsolete as the newest version of After Effects features this with Shift J and Shift K to jump between selected property keyframes! Hope they gave you guys a bonus for the tip!!
    I just tried it and must admit that the native implementation is much more satisfying without the short lag and such ;). As for my script: it was fun while it lasted. And maybe people who use older AE versions still find a need for it.