• renders with "X" watermark despite having purchased a license. 
    deactivated, reactivated, restarted AE
    watermark disappears in AE, but export still has watermark!!
    (AE 2018 on Mac OSX 12.6)
  • Yes, I'm having the exact same problem.

Purchased a license and it confirms it is registered but still displays the X watermark.

Weird thing is, it only displays the X water mark on some of the comps that use effect matte.

AE 2018 on Mac OS High Seirra 10.13.3
  • renders with "X" watermark despite having purchased a license. 
    deactivated, reactivated, restarted AE
    watermark disappears in AE, but export still has watermark!!
    (AE 2018 on Mac OSX 12.6)
    Hi James

I apologise for that, I've just released an update which fixes this issue.
  • Yes, I'm having the exact same problem.

Purchased a license and it confirms it is registered but still displays the X watermark.

Weird thing is, it only displays the X water mark on some of the comps that use effect matte.

AE 2018 on Mac OS High Seirra 10.13.3
    Hi Aaron

We've just released version 1.1 which address this issue. 
  • Small tip for you guys
    I tested this for just text layers :)

use below expression for Top left :

S = thisLayer;
    PX = transform.position[0] ;
    PY = transform.position[1] ;
    X = -(S.sourceRectAtTime().width) /2  + PX;
    Y = -(S.sourceRectAtTime().height) /2 + PY ;
    [X,Y];

and use below for Bottom right ;

S = thisLayer;
    PX = transform.position[0] ;
    PY = transform.position[1] ;
    X = (S.sourceRectAtTime().width) /2  + PX;
    Y = (S.sourceRectAtTime().height) /2 + PY ;
    [X,Y];

Anchor point must be set on center of layer.

It will save your time clicking Set Matte Position.
    Thanks for great plugin!
  • Would it be possible to add a skew option to the Plug in so that it would be possible to create not just straight Mattes?
  • Great script!
    But is it posible that the effect matte on layer follows the animated scale, position etc. on precompose compositions (c. rasterize // on) or layers with effect matte parented on null object?
  • When exporting, is turning the visual guide color to 0/Enable Visual Guide the only way to get rid of the guide?
    I had assumed when rendering it was going to disappear like a guide leyer but it doesn't. It would be a big time saver if it would work like that.

• Please ~ let me enter the license ONCE and not have to be online for this to work. Almost a deal breaker. 
  • Please ~ let me enter the license ONCE and not have to be online for this to work. Almost a deal breaker. 
    Hi Michael

How often are you having to enter the license? And you should be able to use it without being online.
  • Running on CC 2017 and selecting "Set Matte Position" button does nothing to my text layer. Why is this?
  • Running on CC 2017 and selecting "Set Matte Position" button does nothing to my text layer. Why is this?
    Hi John

Good catch, it's working in 2018 but not 2017. I'll investigate this tomorrow. 
    Hi John

The 2018 version of Effect Matte is only compatible with CC2018, so just checking you're running the CS6 version of Effect Matte? CS6 version in AE2017 is working on my end. 
    Hi John

The 2018 version of Effect Matte is only compatible with CC2018, so just checking you're running the CS6 version of Effect Matte? CS6 version in AE2017 is working on my end. 
    Hey! Thanks so much for your help with that. Wasn't aware of the CS6 install. Re-installed and it's working great now. Thanks!
  • Is it possible to do a background fill? So essentially use the visual guide, but have it be behind the text instead of on top of it, is that possible?
  • Feature request: When feathering, the option to choose to do only X or Y, separate those two. Currently it does both equally. 
  • Hi,

The plugin worked fine a few weeks ago but now shows the watermark X even though the license is installed. Tried all the usual stuff of deactivating the license, reinstalling the plugin.

Running on Mac 10.12.6, AE 2018 15.1.2 (had the same issue on the previous AE version too, updated today in the hopes it would fix it but no luck)

Help?
  • Is it possible to set the Visual Guide to be a guide layer only? As in visible in viewer when working but not rendered?

That would be ideal, would make more sense too! Thanks!
  • Just purchased but it's not working. When I apply it to a layer, the layer shoots into the upper left corner. If I move it back down and make an adjustment to the ransform settings, it jumps back up into the corner.  Screen capture: https://v.usetapes.com/tOB2dmI3gw. Running latest ver of AE 15.1.1 (2018) on Mac
  • Is it possible to set the Visual Guide to be a guide layer only? As in visible in viewer when working but not rendered?

That would be ideal, would make more sense too! Thanks!
    Hi Chris

Totally agree, I'll add that to the list for any future versions. Thanks for your suggestion. 
  • Just purchased but it's not working. When I apply it to a layer, the layer shoots into the upper left corner. If I move it back down and make an adjustment to the ransform settings, it jumps back up into the corner.  Screen capture: https://v.usetapes.com/tOB2dmI3gw. Running latest ver of AE 15.1.1 (2018) on Mac
    Hi Taz. Have responded to your private ticket. If anyone else is having this issue please ensure continuous rasterisation is enabled. 
  • Feature request: When feathering, the option to choose to do only X or Y, separate those two. Currently it does both equally. 
    Hi Zach

Thanks for your suggestion. Our plugin TextBox does a background fill but only for text layers so that would be a handy suggestion. Also I agree regarding non-uniform feather. Thanks again.
    Hi Taz. Have responded to your private ticket. If anyone else is having this issue please ensure continuous rasterisation is enabled. 
    I can't believe I missed this. Clearly stated in the instructions, and I totally missed it. Thank you for the speedy fix and the awesome plugin!
  • Feature request: Is there any way to Set Matte Position over multiple layers. I set up my Comp so that everything was lined up and was looking lovely.. Client came in and moved all the layers around.. So I know have to select each layer one at a time and Set Matte Position. 

Just a thought.. Apart from that, I'm loving it..

cheers
    Alex
  • Feature request: Is there any way to Set Matte Position over multiple layers. I set up my Comp so that everything was lined up and was looking lovely.. Client came in and moved all the layers around.. So I know have to select each layer one at a time and Set Matte Position. 

Just a thought.. Apart from that, I'm loving it..

cheers
    Alex
    Hi Alex

That's a good suggestion. I think a script utility could press the "Set Matte Position" on any selected layers. We'll consider that in the next update. 
  • Great plugin. Would love to have an auto feature so the matte automatically adjusts to the text when changed, save always having to click 'Set Matte'
  • Feature requests 

1 - Inverted Roundness option.

So I'm using effect matt to matt text that appears from a series of icons. Usually a lot are Flat edged so you just align the position to the edge, however I have some Circle type ones I'm trying to matt around. What would be cool if you could do negative values for the Roundness. To make a Concave effect then this could Matte up to rounded shapes.

2 - Rather than just a pre generated Matte. It would be really cool if you could almost draw your own matte within effect matte on the layer so its all linked/integrated. Then the controls could effect it. So almost like a Mask, but more intuitive. This would then allow custom shapes. 

3 - Drop down menu and having some pre-set shapes you could add. This way you can create some interesting shapes and transition effects with the different outlines available

4 - Possibly a few modifiers such as fractal noise (in that effect you can change the types of noise) which affected the matte. I've created some custom transition/reveal affects and had to use a number of layers and pre-comps and track Mattes to generate a Digital blocky reveal type effect. So these could break up the Hard/Feathered edges of the mattes.

Amazing Plugin used a lot here!

• Is there an option for the transform controls to be pixel based rather than percentages?
  • Is there an option for the transform controls to be pixel based rather than percentages?
    Hi Stevan

Sorry, currently not but we may implement it in the future. 
  • Just a quick Question.

When I apply Effect Matte to a Shape Layer and click "Set Matte Position" it says "Effect Matte is not compatible with shapre layers :(

I assume this is just for the Matt Position auto setting? I've managed to get most of the other parts to work ok with shape layers, just wondering if there are any other known issues or if its just really the auto position setter?

Thanks for the awesome tool, saves so much hassle with Matting.

• Just a quick Question.

When I apply Effect Matte to a Shape Layer and click "Set Matte Position" it says "Effect Matte is not compatible with shapre layers :(

I assume this is just for the Matt Position auto setting? I've managed to get most of the other parts to work ok with shape layers, just wondering if there are any other known issues or if its just really the auto position setter?

Thanks for the awesome tool, saves so much hassle with Matting.

Hi Chris

That's correct, it's for the auto matte position. The matting itself will still work if you set the bounds yourself. And you're most welcome, we're glad you're enjoying it. 
  • Another small request (I hope).

Would it be possible to swap the default Checkbox for Effect matt to "Not" be ticked for the Enable Visual Guide. From using it a lot it's one thing that's fairly time consuming is to uncheck it for each item when used on many layers of items. To be honest, generally just clicking Set Matte Position gets it spot on, and a quick adjust of other options is the norm. I don't know about others but I would only turn this visual on if I was trying to be extra precise with a look when using expanded amounts in combination with say feather or even trying to get a wider expansion look.

Just a thought that it may take away the tedious parts of turning it off for each item. Thanks though it's great.

• Another suggestion. 

I've just tried effect matte on an already Matted set of layers. This is a cartoon water texture file, with a Shape layer matte to make it look like a lake. I've tried applying Effect matte to the Texture and also the Matte Layer to try and get this in a position to use Effect Matte to animate the reveal but i cant seem to get it to work right. 

However it does seem to know the Shape to matte but after applying the texture goes invisible.

I've tried applying to both of these layers - https://www.screencast.com/t/upavez8jRUvL

Any thoughts? If this feature can be used with a work around please let me know, or maybe there might be a way to update Effect Matte to be able to Matte Already Matted layers for complex reveal animations.

• Another request for another version. To be able to separate the Expansion, Roundness and Feather options with a Checkbox for Uniform scale to be able to control Width and height independently. This would make a centre out wipe style reveal possible using the Matte with a single Keyframe for speed rather than having to position and key-frame the Top left and bottom right positions and guess the position in space as the Expansion would be uniform. 

• After loving and using Effect Matte it now isn't showing up in my Effect & Presets menu. I checked and the plugin is in my plugins folder as it should be. What could be the problem?! I used this on a big project and now it is showing up as a missing effect. I am using CC 2018 version 15.1.1, and Effect Matte v1.2. Please help!
  • Can you please give the option to have the visual guide be off by default?
  • For the next version, is it possible to set the feather on each axis individually?
  • For the next version, is it possible to set the feather on each axis individually?
    Hi Zach

Thanks, that's a good suggestion and we'll consider it for the next version.
  • Can you please give the option to have the visual guide be off by default?
    Hi Ryan

As a workaround, I would advise applying Effect Matte and turning off the visual guide. Then saving that as a preset and apply that instead of Effect Matte. That should have the desired behaviour you're after. 
  • After loving and using Effect Matte it now isn't showing up in my Effect & Presets menu. I checked and the plugin is in my plugins folder as it should be. What could be the problem?! I used this on a big project and now it is showing up as a missing effect. I am using CC 2018 version 15.1.1, and Effect Matte v1.2. Please help!
    Hi Suzanne

Could you please submit a ticket regarding this as well as a screenshot of your installation directory (making sure to show the file size of the plugin). Thanks. 

• hello,

in the thumbnail it shows  text matte , 
    yet in the tutorial, 
    i cannot see a CLEAR breakdown of how to solve this with your plugin.

please assist!!  
  • [Deleted User] said:

hello,

in the thumbnail it shows  text matte , 
    yet in the tutorial, 
    i cannot see a CLEAR breakdown of how to solve this with your plugin.

please assist!!  
    I use this and you just create your text, then apply effect matte to this. Then click Set Matte position. Turn off the visual guide that's red and you have a text matte. Just then use the tools in the effect list to animate the text/Matte. Simples :)
  • Hey Guys,

Love your app, but can you make a checkbox to enable the Matte to follow the object's position. 

Regards
  • Hey Guys,

Love your app, but can you make a checkbox to enable the Matte to follow the object's position. 

Regards
    Hi Robert

Thanks for your idea. I think it would be a very helpful feature, I've added it to the wishlist.

Regards
  • Feature Request: Please, please, please...with Effect Matte applied to several layers, all layers selected...clicking 'Set Matte Position' would set the matte for all the selected layers.
  • Error Message: Effect Matte requires collapse transformations (continuous resterization) to be turned on.

When using pngs the plugin does not work for me. It always shows this error message. However its not possible to turn on continuous resterization for imported pngs. 

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Thanks for the feedback! 
  • Error Message: Effect Matte requires collapse transformations (continuous resterization) to be turned on.

When using pngs the plugin does not work for me. It always shows this error message. However its not possible to turn on continuous resterization for imported pngs. 

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Thanks for the feedback! 
    Hey Martin

That's correct, so I usually right click on the png and go create composition from source. Once a png is inside a composition, the composition can be cont. rasterized. 
  • Every time I try to render a composition with the Effects Matte plugin I get the sheep "baaa" sound and failed render.
  • Every time I try to render a composition with the Effects Matte plugin I get the sheep "baaa" sound and failed render.
    Hi Jeff

Could you please submit a support ticket so I can try to diagnose the cause and find a solution? 

Thanks.
  • I keep getting the cross in my renders after I have activated my license. any tips on how to fix that?
    (I am sure its me and not the plugin)