• Great script!
    Congratulations with the release! 
  • Does it only morph between the Font weights ? I have this nice Font called WIND – and you can rotate the Lines ...

Will this work also ?
  • Great script!
    Congratulations with the release! 
    Thanks Alex, I really appreciate your comment and your help with this code
  • Does it only morph between the Font weights ? I have this nice Font called WIND – and you can rotate the Lines ...

Will this work also ?
    Hi Christian
    Sorry for the late reply
    Unfortunately After Effects does not support all the properties available in other Adobe Applications
    However, there is a chance you'll find that the author of this Variable Font has called 'Direction' what in After Effects is the 'weight' - just assuming tbh
    Why don't give it a try!? With the trial version you can sample the full Alphabet
    And if you do so, please let us know what you create!
    Many thanks
    Dani
  • hey folks, i think there some mistyping here: image

• the correct email address for support  is:

• Hi, how do I control the kerning  of my type?
  • Hi Tiffany
    Sorry you haven't found the kerning slider, probably because I have called it Local Tracking and it is a slider applied to the individual letters composition (i.e. [font name]_A_morph)
    Hope that helps
    Any questions, please let me know
    Thanks
  • Hello Kyeongwon Jun, I'm not able to see the image, can you please try to reuploaf it or write me to [email protected] Many thanks Dani
  • Hi,
    I downloaded the trial version and unfortunately it doesn't work.
    Can you tell me if the final version is working properly?
    best regards
    Jalal Hosseini 
  • Hello Jalal

Could you please expand a little on the issue you're experiencing?

In fact, it'd be great if you could open a ticket for that,  https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Perhaps you could share a screen shot or a screen recording?

Many thanks
    Dani
  • Hey. 

the interface of the movie and the interface of the trial is different! 
    I can't find the field where I can enter the word I want to spell. 

it only hast initialise 
    then trial mode 
    ABC, abc, 123 
    then
    Sample Alphabet 
    Support tools for export 

thnxs

• Hi Michael Sounds like you're in trial mode Have you purchased the script? If you have then you should open a ticket and we'll be able to help https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1 Many thanks Dani
  • Hey,

Just wanted to know how can i morph all the letters in a word/sentence at the same time(all having a single specific weight and morph to a different specific weight).Is there some sort of range selector that can be used perhaps?

Thanks a lot
  • Hi Swaraj

You can do that with Version 2, in fact you can now download version 2.1

If you have purchased the product and need support, please open a ticket

Many thanks
    Dani
  • Hello, wondering if there is a proper way to scale up the text? When I enable continuous rasterize and scale up the comp I get kerning issues. When I try to change the font size before I morph it just keeps creating the text at 200pts? I need text larger than that. Any thoughts or info would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
  • Hello, wondering if there is a proper way to scale up the text? When I enable continuous rasterize and scale up the comp I get kerning issues. When I try to change the font size before I morph it just keeps creating the text at 200pts? I need text larger than that. Any thoughts or info would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
    Hi Andrew

This is Dani, the script's author - thanks for reaching out

This kind of request are more matter for a ticket, which you can open from this link -  https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

When you open the ticket could you expand a little on the kerning issues you get when enable continuous rasterize and scale up?

I have previously tested the situation you described and never had problems, please let me know exactly what you get there.

Before morphing a given string of text, the scripts the size on 200pts because I found this delivers the best result in terms of morph.

Look forward to hearing from you on the Ticket platform

Many thanks
    Dani
  • Hi!
    Does the scripts support hebrew fonts ?

• Hi Omri I’m afraid I haven't tested it Best thing you can do is downloading the trial and test the alphabet Thanks
  • Chris Peterson

Sorry to hear that, I have tested the Trial now and I got the same issue, but only on the Trial

However, when you actually open the sequences where the error should be (ABCDEFGHIJ_FontName, KLMNOPQRST_FontName, UVWXYZ_FontName), the messages disappear. Can you confirm your get persistent messages?

JTZ are the end letters of each single composition Different letter sizes can appear with alternate fonts. 

Would you be ale to open a ticket with the link below? I can try to help on that platform
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Many thanks
    Dani

• Hello is it possible to randomize the letter morph versus a gradient or a range?
  • RE:
    Hello is it possible to randomize the letter morph versus a gradient or a range?
    Hi @Corey

I'm afraid ir is not possible to randomise letter morph at the moment, I will consider this option for the next update

Will keep you posted

Thanks

• Can you bake path tweens into keyframes? I'd like to use this in conjunction with Lottie.
  • Can you bake path tweens into keyframes? I'd like to use this in conjunction with Lottie.
    Matt Severin
    Type Morph converts the Text layer in shapes so it should work with Lottie
    Guess you can test it with a trial version
    LEt us know how it goes
    Many thanks
    Dani
    Matt Severin
    Type Morph converts the Text layer in shapes so it should work with Lottie
    Guess you can test it with a trial version
    LEt us know how it goes
    Many thanks
    Dani
    @Daniele Ria I will let you know
  • HI is there a way to morph from center out, I can only morph from left to right.
    Thanks
  • JAime Castaneda

I am currently working on an update to allow morphing from the centre out, and although I am not going to release it in the next few days, I can help if you open a support ticket - please use the following link https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Many thanks
    Dani

• Hey There, is there a possibility to align the morphing text? I need to centre it
  • Hey There, is there a possibility to align the morphing text? I need to centre it
    Hello Johannes

For technical questions like this you should open a ticket with the link below
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

The short answer I no, there is not a direct way to align the text to the centre, but I can suggest a workaround if you open a ticket

Look forward to hearing from you in the ticket session
    Dani

• As one other user asked, how do you make text bigger than 200pt? Gave the trial a try but despite changing size of text, it pops back to 200. Reason we want higher res text, is there are small gaps between points visible at bigger sizes, that are not coming across at 200pt when converting type to shapes. Examples, top of pointy letters like N, it's not actually a point when you scale up to bigger size like 800, it's a very small flat top. If I manually convert 800pt text to shape, I can see this in the shape. But when the script converts 200pt to a shape, it's not there. So collapse transformations is not useful, as scaling up % in comp still doesn't reveal that (important) typographic detail. We really need shape fidelity.
  • As one other user asked, how do you make text bigger than 200pt? Gave the trial a try but despite changing size of text, it pops back to 200. Reason we want higher res text, is there are small gaps between points visible at bigger sizes, that are not coming across at 200pt when converting type to shapes. Examples, top of pointy letters like N, it's not actually a point when you scale up to bigger size like 800, it's a very small flat top. If I manually convert 800pt text to shape, I can see this in the shape. But when the script converts 200pt to a shape, it's not there. So collapse transformations is not useful, as scaling up % in comp still doesn't reveal that (important) typographic detail. We really need shape fidelity.
    Hello James
    Thanks for your feedback
    The reason why I hard-coded the Font size to 200pt is because the I found this is the best value for the algorithm performance; the algorithm reads the 2 shapes number of vertices (morph-start & morph-end) and conform their distribution over the shapes' segments
    They way I recommend to enlarge the text is by enhance the Scale value of the 'word_fontName' composition (in the trial, that would be 'ABCDEFGHIJ_Font Name') in the final composition (in the trial that would be 'Font Name_MorphSample'). Please find the screenshot as reference.
    If that still doesn't fit  into your workflow, I am eager to work with you on a bespoke solution - as long as you open a ticket, as that would be the platform for technical issue like this
  • Hello James
    Thanks for your feedback
    The reason why I hard-coded the Font size to 200pt is because the I found this is the best value for the algorithm performance; the algorithm reads the 2 shapes number of vertices (morph-start & morph-end) and conform their distribution over the shapes' segments
    They way I recommend to enlarge the text is by enhance the Scale value of the 'word_fontName' composition (in the trial, that would be 'ABCDEFGHIJ_Font Name') in the final composition (in the trial that would be 'Font Name_MorphSample'). Please find the screenshot as reference.
    If that still doesn't fit  into your workflow, I am eager to work with you on a bespoke solution - as long as you open a ticket, as that would be the platform for technical issue like this
    Thanks, understood. I assumed some sort of redraw or interpolation was happening. On very thin letters, for example a capital Y, it's just not in any way close to the original sharp letterform when scaled up - this distribution process is moving points to such a degree that sharp ends are rounded - whether scaled up or not. Appreciate that often though even in true variable fonts we can't just do a 1:1 morph as the shapes interpolate in strange ways sometimes. I'll figure something out!
  • I followed the setup guide for TypeMorph, but everything I try to run the script I get an "Unable to execute script at line 6. null is not an object". How do I fix this?
  • When Type Morph is used on one machine, and then the project is opened on another machine, it breaks - is there a solution to this?
  • When Type Morph is used on one machine, and then the project is opened on another machine, it breaks - is there a solution to this?

Hello Drew

We haven't heard of this issue before, however, If you have a technical issue, you should open a support ticket. Please use the link below the 'Post Comment' button and we'll address your prblem

In fact, if you could also send us your project, that would speed things up

Regards
    Dani 

• I have just downloaded the trial and used the font DeliveryApp which has numerous variations, but on testing the font alphabet it doesn't seem to work?
  • I have just downloaded the trial and used the font DeliveryApp which has numerous variations, but on testing the font alphabet it doesn't seem to work?
    Hello Paddy

Thanks for getting in touch, I will be happy help with this issue, but it is necessary that you open a support ticket - you can use the link below
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1493

I will definitely ask you if you can share the font so I can try that on my machine, I have googled 'DeliveryApp' font but found nothing 

Hope this helps
    Dani

• Cool.
    I just bought this and now anytime I try to open Type Morph in AE2020 it crashes....even on a brand new project
  • Chris Tew said:
    Cool.
    I just bought this and now anytime I try to open Type Morph in AE2020 it crashes....even on a brand new project
    Hello Chris

Recently there have been a few bug reports from Mac users and there are a couple of articles I would like to share with you:

1) Issue linked to Legacy UI,
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/after-effects-17-legacy-ui-issue/

2) Issue with OneDrive users https://aescripts.com
    /knowledgebase/index/view/faq/dropbox-macos-warning/

I am sure either of these will get you back to work
    Thanks
  • do you think it would be possible to add options for alignment? it seems to be animating all from left aligned text, it would be great to be able to do center and right as well. 
  • do you think it would be possible to add options for alignment? it seems to be animating all from left aligned text, it would be great to be able to do center and right as well. 
    Hello Cole
    Yes, alignment is going to be in the next release. Unfortunately though I can't really tell when the next release will be available
    Will keep you posted
    Best regards
    Dani
  • What is the difference to Varifont?
  • What is the difference to Varifont?
    Hello Nikolaus

If you want to create the 'variable fonts look' but you don't have a variable font, you can use Type Morph

You you have a Variable Font and want to use it in AE, you need VariFont since AE doesn't support Variable Fonts

Hope that helps
  • Hi Daniele,
    Any updates on the next release with alignments support?
  • Hi Daniele,
    Any updates on the next release with alignments support?
    Hello Pouya
    Many thanks for your interest
    Unfortunately I won't be able to release any update before the end of September
    I will keep you posted on any development

• Hey there, I bought your plugin, but cannot use it.
     Couldn´t get an old enough version of After Effects that would work with it.

So is there any chance, that you guys will release an update compatible with AE 2021 or AE 2022?

So that I can use the product that I have payed for? ;-)
    Thanks a bunch, Florian
  • Hey there, I bought your plugin, but cannot use it.
     Couldn´t get an old enough version of After Effects that would work with it.

So is there any chance, that you guys will release an update compatible with AE 2021 or AE 2022?

So that I can use the product that I have payed for? ;-)
    Thanks a bunch, Florian
    Hello Florian,

Type Morph is already fully compatible with AE 2021 and AE 2022, apologies if I hadn't updated the product page.

Have you tried it with the mentioned versions? If you have any technical issues, please let us know via the Support Ticket.

Best regards.
  • Hi,

I'm using in a MacBook Pro last generation with After Effects 2021 but when the software opens it promps an error with a null.