• Finally!
    Been waiting for this one!
    And just in time for a big editing job too ;-)
    Looking forward to using magnum again!
  • Does it work with .MTS files or only .mov?

let me know
  • Fantastic script, Lloyd.

For anyone out there working on a project with an Avid editor, we both find it much (much) easier to just run Magnum on an assembly output than to go through the process of moving a cut from Avid to AE.

A feature request for consideration in future versions: Ability to save pre-sets for the Result field. 

Currently is seems Magnum retains the numeric settings upon quit (threshold, minimum, search range) but resets the result field. 

The option to customize marker names is an awesome feature; however for the moment it re-sets with every launch of AE. For the moment I've taken to saving e.g. "[num=01,inc=01]" in a text file so I can easily paste it back in (as well as remember to change the Result drop-down.)

The ability to save and re-load this setting would be a great addition.

Thanks for considering!
  • Does it work with .MTS files or only .mov?

let me know
    It works with any format that AE works with.
  • Fantastic script, Lloyd.

For anyone out there working on a project with an Avid editor, we both find it much (much) easier to just run Magnum on an assembly output than to go through the process of moving a cut from Avid to AE.

A feature request for consideration in future versions: Ability to save pre-sets for the Result field. 

Currently is seems Magnum retains the numeric settings upon quit (threshold, minimum, search range) but resets the result field. 

The option to customize marker names is an awesome feature; however for the moment it re-sets with every launch of AE. For the moment I've taken to saving e.g. "[num=01,inc=01]" in a text file so I can easily paste it back in (as well as remember to change the Result drop-down.)

The ability to save and re-load this setting would be a great addition.

Thanks for considering!
    Thanks for the suggestion, we will add it in the next version.
  • Hello, I use this for editing in Premiere Pro. Right now my workflow is I select the "trimmed pre-comp" option in Magnum and then export from AE as a PP project, then import the resulting project in PP and there I get separated nested clips.

Is there a more proper or simpler way that I missed ?

Thank you. Apart from that, so far the product works quite well.
  • Hello, I use this for editing in Premiere Pro. Right now my workflow is I select the "trimmed pre-comp" option in Magnum and then export from AE as a PP project, then import the resulting project in PP and there I get separated nested clips.

Is there a more proper or simpler way that I missed ?

Thank you. Apart from that, so far the product works quite well.
    That's what I would do :)
  • Thank you. It would be nice and maybe quite popular to have the same plugin working directly in PP... Please mail me if someday you do it !
  • I do agree that it would be great if there would be Premiere Extension available too.

The easiest, best and almost as good as Premiere Extension is work-around called COPY+C & COPY+V. Just select all the clips on AE comp and copy paste those into a Premiere sequence. Not many people know that you can copy/paste stuff easily between AE and Premiere. 
  • I do agree that it would be great if there would be Premiere Extension available too.

The easiest, best and almost as good as Premiere Extension is work-around called COPY+C & COPY+V. Just select all the clips on AE comp and copy paste those into a Premiere sequence. Not many people know that you can copy/paste stuff easily between AE and Premiere. 

That's a great tip! Thanks for sharing Miika.
  • Does this work in CC2017?
  • Does this work in CC2017?

Yes. If you are having an issue please open a support ticket and provide screenshots. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi Lloyd - just bought this - hoping to see further development and wishing you well. Thanks for all you do for the AE community!
  • Hi Lloyd,

I'm using Magnum for the first time with CC2018, it seems like copy/paste the clips from AE to Premiere doesn't work work anymore?
    Last year i worked fine with CC2014...Or am I doing anything wrong?

I have a two clips each 35mins, first clip Magnum found 680 clips, but it wont even copy 2 of them...

thanx in advance
    Karsten
  • Hi Lloyd,

I'm using Magnum for the first time with CC2018, it seems like copy/paste the clips from AE to Premiere doesn't work work anymore?
    Last year i worked fine with CC2014...Or am I doing anything wrong?

I have a two clips each 35mins, first clip Magnum found 680 clips, but it wont even copy 2 of them...

thanx in advance
    Karsten
    This is an After Effects/Premiere Pro issue, please contact Adobe for help. Magnum will work on any footage that AE supports so maybe try pre-comping it first or rendering it out to a different codec.
  • What would we ask Adobe?
  • What would we ask Adobe?
    Why copy/paste clips from AE to Premiere doesn't  work anymore. Unless you are referring to something else?
  • In a first moment, I hate this plugin becuase in the process freeze the AE and took many time to complete the task, but after the work its done I love this plugin, it save me to do a very boring work. Thanks. 
  • On long clips it's very slow - once you started the process you can't stop it anymore. That's really annoying and a waste of time, because you have to quit AE everytime you want to start new. 
  • On long clips it's very slow - once you started the process you can't stop it anymore. That's really annoying and a waste of time, because you have to quit AE everytime you want to start new. 

This is a limitation of After Effects unfortunately, but you can hit ESC key to cancel the process.
  • With "Result" set to "Split into new layers" and "Name" set to the default "[layername]-clip [clip##]" the layer numbering will start with "...-clip 04".

Shouldn't it start with 01?
  • With "Result" set to "Split into new layers" and "Name" set to the default "[layername]-clip [clip##]" the layer numbering will start with "...-clip 04".

Shouldn't it start with 01?
    clip uses the actual clip number if you want to number from a defined number use num instead. Please watch the tutorial video for further details
  • Hi Lloyd, thank you very much. I noticed two issues, that seem strange:

1. All edits are detected with a double spike, i.e. a positive and a negative value (see attached screenshot). This results in two splits instead of one.
    2. Thus I raised the "minimum frames between edits" to 5. This works mostly but not completely. I still get the occasional 1 frame edit (screenshot)

Image 2
  • Hi Lloyd, thank you very much. I noticed two issues, that seem strange:

1. All edits are detected with a double spike, i.e. a positive and a negative value (see attached screenshot). This results in two splits instead of one.
    2. Thus I raised the "minimum frames between edits" to 5. This works mostly but not completely. I still get the occasional 1 frame edit (screenshot)

Image 2

Please make sure you are using the latest version, if you still need assistance please open a support ticket
  • Hi Lloyd,

Quick question, any known issues with .mxf files of large length.

Thanks!
  • Hi Lloyd,

Quick question, any known issues with .mxf files of large length.

Thanks!
    It is not recommended to process long clips due to the way AE handles memory, you will get better and faster results by processing shorter sections separately. You can use the timeline work area to do it.
  • Is it possible to batch the process over more than one clip? 
  • Liam Kerr said:
    Is it possible to batch the process over more than one clip? 
    Sure, just pre-comp them.
  • Works Great with Adobe After Effects CS6!
  • v3.2 keeps crashing after effects around 300 frames processed in cc 2019, any ideas?  Tried on both prores and mp4 codecs
  • Joel P. said:
    v3.2 keeps crashing after effects around 300 frames processed in cc 2019, any ideas?  Tried on both prores and mp4 codecs
    Please test with different footage to make sure it's not corrupted. If you still need assistance please open support ticket and provide as many details as possible so we are best able to assist you.
  • Add duplicate frame removal feature??
  • Hello Developers and Editing Friends! I have figured out a way to use this script to automate boring presentation edits where you need to film someone giving a presentation and then in post add all their powerpoint slides to the edit. Man I can't stand doing those edits. An hour long presentation can easily take 45 minutes or more to do after you sit there and trim slides and rewatch the footage. Now, with Magnum, this takes about 2 minutes (after magnum analyzes the footage).  

-nick
  • Hi, everyone.

I'm using magnum and I find it very useful, but I have one question.
    Is there any way I can apply the Magnum analyzation to several clips at once?
    Or has anyone managed to do (or know how to) achieve this using a
    VB macro or something?

In many cases, I have multiple footages that need analyzation (3 or 5), 
    and it's quite exhausting to keep on repeating the steps below.

1.Select the Layer which includes footage 1
    2.Apply Magnum and press OK, wait until analyzation to be finished
    3.Select the Layer which includes footage 2
    4.Apply Magnum and press OK, analyzation to be finished
    5.Repeat 1. through 4. until all Layers are analyzed

As everyone know, it takes a while for these Magnum analyzation to be completed.
    So, it would be very helpful if I can select several layers/footages at once,
    before going to sleep or something. In this way, I can get several analyzation
    finished by next morning, rather than only getting 1 finished. 

Is this a difficult update? If so, can anyone think of an easy VB script (or something similar)
    to realize my request?

Thanks!
  • Also, I want to know if there's any way which can make my job done faster.

I'm currently doing a job where I need to analyze 100 clips which has a
    length of 2 hours each, and select all the cuts which include 1 particular person.

This job seemed impossible at the first point, but thanks to Magnum,
    I'm feeling that this could be done now, but it would be very nice if there's
    any way to make it done faster.

My current work flow are below. Do anyone have suggestions
    which would speed up my job?

1.Analyse 1 clip at AE and split it into several layers
    2.Save the project and export it to Premiere
    3.Go thorough the splitted layers and delete the unneeded cuts

In addition, is there any option that I could select to speed up my analyzation?
    For example, would increasing the rate of 
    "Serch trange (in frames)" speed up the whole process?

• Hi, everyone.

I'm using magnum and I find it very useful, but I have one question.
    Is there any way I can apply the Magnum analyzation to several clips at once?
    Or has anyone managed to do (or know how to) achieve this using a
    VB macro or something?

In many cases, I have multiple footages that need analyzation (3 or 5), 
    and it's quite exhausting to keep on repeating the steps below.

1.Select the Layer which includes footage 1
    2.Apply Magnum and press OK, wait until analyzation to be finished
    3.Select the Layer which includes footage 2
    4.Apply Magnum and press OK, analyzation to be finished
    5.Repeat 1. through 4. until all Layers are analyzed

As everyone know, it takes a while for these Magnum analyzation to be completed.
    So, it would be very helpful if I can select several layers/footages at once,
    before going to sleep or something. In this way, I can get several analyzation
    finished by next morning, rather than only getting 1 finished. 

Is this a difficult update? If so, can anyone think of an easy VB script (or something similar)
    to realize my request?

Thanks!
    This is a pretty big feature request but we will added to the list and consider it for a future version
  • Hi Lloyd, 

I have an issue with knowing if the plugin ist still working or not.
    Can we have a kind of progress bar ?
    thanxs  
  • Hi, can this script be integrated/rewritten to use directly in Premiere Pro?
  • Is there support expected for CC 2020?
  • Is there support expected for CC 2020?
    It works in 2020, just updated the compatibilty
  • Hey Lloyd, 

could you port the plug in to Premiere? 

There a 100 requests for this feature in PP CC. 

Thanxs 

Peter 
  • Hey Lloyd, 

Thanxs 

Peter 
    It's on our feature request list but in the mean time you can round trip your footage through After Effects :)
  • Yes!!!!!! Thanxs .... :-)))

Hey Lloyd, 

Thanxs 

Peter 
    It's on our feature request list but in the mean time you can round trip your footage through After Effects :)

• for premiere please
  • Can this detect any amount of change whatsoever between frames, rather than scene changes? I’d also like to use the plugin’s change detection to fire a different script rather than mark or split layers, if editing the script is permissible.
  • Can this detect any amount of change whatsoever between frames, rather than scene changes? I’d also like to use the plugin’s change detection to fire a different script rather than mark or split layers, if editing the script is permissible.

The Detection Analysis layer graphs the rate of change so your script can work based off that layer.
  • Tried the trial and when splitting edits and then making transformations to the split clip, a frame with the original transformations appears at the start of each clip until you click and drag the in point back and forth. Are you aware of this glitch and do you have any plans to fix it?
  • Tried the trial and when splitting edits and then making transformations to the split clip, a frame with the original transformations appears at the start of each clip until you click and drag the in point back and forth. Are you aware of this glitch and do you have any plans to fix it?

No this is not a known issue, are you changing framerate or something like that? If you need additional assistance please open a support ticket and include screencast recording showing your steps along with a reduced project so we can recreate it here. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

No this is not a known issue, are you changing framerate or something like that? If you need additional assistance please open a support ticket and include screencast recording showing your steps along with a reduced project so we can recreate it here. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    I will keep an eye out in future for the same issue and get in touch with support. Thanks for your help.
  • Tried out the full product yesterday and got sort of an issue. Each time it detects a cut, the cut is 1 frame off. So instead of cutting with the scene change, I get a cut after 1 frame of the scene change. I have seen the "Trim" feature, but I am not certain how to set it up for my case. Help is appreciated.