• I'm a little confused as to the add on. Can you explain the difference between the GEOlayers Mapdata and the GeoLayers Mapdata Upfront?
  • Cool! I bought GeoLayers2 back in the day and have used it 0 times. Jus thought it would be cool addition, but never had a situation where I would have wanted to use it. It was too confusing to use and I didnt like the UI at all. You really needed to have a need to use GeoLayers2. Even manually creating all of the stuff took less time than learning the basics of GL2. Now it seems like you did just what needed to be done. Based on the video it looks like that you've made this easy to use, which is  super good! If it's okay to say something about the price... 55% of full price for an upgrade feels bit high.
  • This new version - GEOLayers 3 - is much easier to use than version 2 so far. Haven't yet gone past the basics yet but it's looking positive!
  • I'm a little confused as to the add on. Can you explain the difference between the GEOlayers Mapdata and the GeoLayers Mapdata Upfront?
    Hi Pat, GEOlayers Mapdata is monthly recurring whereas GEOlayers Mapdata Upfront can be simply purchased for a certain period of time.

Cool! I bought GeoLayers2 back in the day and have used it 0 times. Jus thought it would be cool addition, but never had a situation where I would have wanted to use it. It was too confusing to use and I didnt like the UI at all. You really needed to have a need to use GeoLayers2. Even manually creating all of the stuff took less time than learning the basics of GL2. Now it seems like you did just what needed to be done. Based on the video it looks like that you've made this easy to use, which is  super good! If it's okay to say something about the price... 55% of full price for an upgrade feels bit high.
    Hi Miika, Sorry that V2 didn't work out for you. Making it easier was a goal for V3. Please let us know if it is more accessible for you or if you still have problems.

This new version - GEOLayers 3 - is much easier to use than version 2 so far. Haven't yet gone past the basics yet but it's looking positive!
    Glad to hear, let us know if you have any issues.
  • Purchased V2 couple of weeks ago, really disappointing to see this come out now. It would have been nice to know this was coming so we could wait to purchase it. We've never had such a recent purchase not get the update for free.
  • Hey can I import MapBox studio maps into GeoLayers3? or is that feature gone now?
  • Purchased V2 couple of weeks ago, really disappointing to see this come out now. It would have been nice to know this was coming so we could wait to purchase it. We've never had such a recent purchase not get the update for free.
    Hi Dean, If you purchased GEOlayers 2 after Sept 1, 2019, you can upgrade for $80 (SUL license price, Floating is higher). This is exactly the difference of the V2 and V3 prices.

Sam Ellis said:
    Hey can I import MapBox studio maps into GeoLayers3? or is that feature gone now?
    Still possible of course! Check out this video: https://vimeo.com/367072536
  • Sorry, but your upgrade price is RIDICULOUS! I purchased the previous version for one project but in the end I couldn't get it to function the way I needed it to. I did like it in theory, but in practice it was really fiddly and confusing to use and it felt more like beta software. When I saw a V3 had been released I was interested to see if it was more like I thought it would have been when I bought it, but that price is a non starter for me.
  • Hello Markus,

These new features look are a real improvement to a solid map plug in. I have used Geo Layers for the past 5 years. Is the new version backwards compatible with version 1 or 2. I get clients that need to make adjustments to map sequences that where developed 2-3 years ago.

Keep up the great work,
    Fabian
  • Great Plug-in, however doesn't work if you are using remote desktop on windows. Project crashes on load, and if you try to open the extension in a new project, you get a UI panel that looks like a web page that has lost it's style sheet.
  • Sam Ellis said:
    Hey can I import MapBox studio maps into GeoLayers3? or is that feature gone now?
    Yeah, Markus made a tutorial on his vimeo:
  • Any chance we can see support for camera animation via Google Earth Studio, or is there a way to do that currently?
  • So far Version 3 is looking to be a great product if only we could use it. Having major issues with the floating licence server at the moment and the support team is unvebelievably slow to repy with anything meaningful...
  • Any chance we can see support for camera animation via Google Earth Studio, or is there a way to do that currently?
    Hello David,
    what are you looking for, when you mean "camera animation via Google Earth Studio"?

• So far Version 3 is looking to be a great product if only we could use it. Having major issues with the floating licence server at the moment and the support team is unvebelievably slow to repy with anything meaningful...
    Hello Paul,
    do you have the ticket-number for me.
  • Hello , I am trying to install the Geolayers 2 but it says " please install a compatible CC application " I have the latest AE version .. what's wrong ?
  • Sham 00 said:
    Hello , I am trying to install the Geolayers 2 but it says " please install a compatible CC application " I have the latest AE version .. what's wrong ?
    Hello,

regards

• Sham 00 said:
    Hello , I am trying to install the Geolayers 2 but it says " please install a compatible CC application " I have the latest AE version .. what's wrong ?
    Hello,

regards

I did 
    Hello David,
    what are you looking for, when you mean "camera animation via Google Earth Studio"?

In https://earth.google.com/studio you can animate a 3d camera over the earth and then export that data in After Effects as a keyframed After Effects camera. The Earth Studio camera has camera targets, roll and other features which make animating the camera much faster and smoother than using just After Effects. Could there be a day where Geolayers translates the camera data exported from Earth Studio for its own camera animations?
  • Hello, i downloaded the trial. When i set up my map and click Create, it makes the AE Compositions but, its just blank with no map visable. 
  • Hello. Does GEOlayers 3 no longer support WMS like GEOlayers 2 did?
  • El Maya hypnosis practice, trancesessions, mental training, Duesseldorf hypnose düsseldorf and hypnose therapeut düsseldorf
  • Just purchased and kudos to you for SUCH a great tool. Thankyou.

I'm watching the tutorials and going through the loop route exercise. A question for you: even though the choices of features to animate along are already fantastic, can I add my own custom route path and apply the same animation? My need is to show the path of a proposed oil pipeline, which, of course, cuts across the landscape and runs along very specific sections of boundaries etc.

Many, many thanks, and much appreciated

• Hello,

I'm trying Gealayer3 but i cant find the button to snap layer on the geolayer ?

Thank you
  • Will Geolayers be part of the Cyber Week Sale? Need the script now but 25% off is quite tempting as well.

• Can we export the shape of a Maps in a shape layers to Adobe Illustrator
    Then Save it to illustrator, importing in AE and Pin it on the map?
  • Hallo, I just talked my boss into updating to GeoLayers 3- We've been using since the first Geolayers and really like this Plug in ! Great Work Tanks. What I didn't realise was, that for Geolayers 3 I have to have Trapcode Mir Version 3 and I have only got Mir 2. Is there anyway of using Mir 2 with Geolayers 3 to build 3D landsacapes?. Its always difficult to go back to the boss and say now we have to update this aswell! Please help. thanks, nick
  • Hi
    Is it possible to fully automate the plugin with scripts?
    What I am looking to do is:
    Get data from a sheet with Templater and enter that data in Geolayers to define location. Then finalize so it can be rendered with Templater. All fully automatic.
  • Hello, besides Geolayer 3 I use QGIS to realize maps. In QGIS you must know something about coordinate systems to bring features from different sources together. In Geolayer 3 however you will never be asked  in which coordinate system to be imported features are georeferenced. Only the format must be selected.Therefore the import result could only be correct accedentially. Does any further information exist about this topic in Geolayer?

• Hi Markus,

When we import a previous project with GeoLayers3 maps already setup into a new project, GeoLayers does not recognize the labels - it appears to be because the 'GeoLayers3 Items' folder is one layer deep in the assets, and GeoLayers is looking only at the root of the assets on the new project. Moving the folder out to the root, fixes the problem. However, this didn't occur with GeoLayers 2 to our knowledge. Is this possible to fix? Possible to have GeoLayers scan sub-folders as well? We use templates on a regular basis and it would just save us some trouble.

Love GeoLayers!

Thank you,
    Scott
  • Hi,
    I need the geolayers plugin on a Sphere. I searched the web and tried my self a lot but I can´t get the cylindric distortion right.
    Would be really nice if you could help me :)
    Thank you
    mathieu
    map_distortion.png
    3336 x 1395 - 2M
  • I just upgraded from Geolayers 2 to Geolayers 3. And i have to say: Well, you did a great job. Geolayers 3 is faster, better to use (the new map feature in the panel is so awesome) and really gives me great results.

Just one question:
    I currently render a lot of small scenes with the "Sliced Landscape" Project, as it is a real nice one. I was thinking (and trying) how cool it would be to integrate the rendered 3D Buildings into this sliced Landscape Project. But i was not successful. The 3D Buildings are totally offsett and i am getting no way to link them with the map. Do you have some "hints" for me ?

BR Dirk from Five-Birds Photography
  • Hi, I'm working with the Demo to evaluate it's use for my TV station. I can't find any tutorials on creating 3d buildings using the the latest version. The best I found was a 3 minute demo from V2 with no VO. There seem to be a number of changes since then.

thanks,
    Frank 
    CBS
  • Hi, we are looking to purchase a floating license for geolayers 3. We would like to know exactly what functions are still available when the 6 month Map data subscription runs out, for example would we still be able to use the basic map tiles and labels etc. Would we still be able to use the product for commercial use after the 6 months?

Also is there a way to use google satellite maps in geolayers 3?

Thanks

Adam
  • Hi, we are looking to purchase a floating license for geolayers 3. We would like to know exactly what functions are still available when the 6 month Map data subscription runs out, for example would we still be able to use the basic map tiles and labels etc. Would we still be able to use the product for commercial use after the 6 months?

Also is there a way to use google satellite maps in geolayers 3?

Thanks

Adam
    Hello Adam,

if you don't subscribe to the map subscription after 6 months, you'll not be able to use the map data which you can style with GEOlayers.
    Basic imagery like bing maps, CartDb and so on are still available. All other features are available without the subscription. 
    You could use the product for commercial use after 6 months.
    And it is possible to add google satellite maps to GEOlayers 3.
    Hope that helps. If you have further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best
    nico
  • Hi, I'm working with the Demo to evaluate it's use for my TV station. I can't find any tutorials on creating 3d buildings using the the latest version. The best I found was a 3 minute demo from V2 with no VO. There seem to be a number of changes since then.

thanks,
    Frank 
    CBS
    Hello,

this is very simple. Create a mapcomp and navigate to a position at which which you want to add 3D Buildings.
    Then hit the Button "Draw 3D Buildings".

Best
    Nico
  • I just upgraded from Geolayers 2 to Geolayers 3. And i have to say: Well, you did a great job. Geolayers 3 is faster, better to use (the new map feature in the panel is so awesome) and really gives me great results.

Just one question:
    I currently render a lot of small scenes with the "Sliced Landscape" Project, as it is a real nice one. I was thinking (and trying) how cool it would be to integrate the rendered 3D Buildings into this sliced Landscape Project. But i was not successful. The 3D Buildings are totally offsett and i am getting no way to link them with the map. Do you have some "hints" for me ?

BR Dirk from Five-Birds Photography
    Hello Dirk,

unfortunately, this is probably not really possible. The 3D landscape is generated by the Effect Trapcode Mir. The 3D builders come from the After Effects renderer and it is very difficult or impossible to bring them together really well.

I don't think that's the answer you wanted to hear, but unfortunately it's not really feasible.
    Best
    Nico
  • Hi,
    I need the geolayers plugin on a Sphere. I searched the web and tried my self a lot but I can´t get the cylindric distortion right.
    Thank you
    mathieu
    Hello,

we have a brand new sample project. In this project we have applied an effect to distort the map data right. So please have a look in the sample projects.

Best
    Nico
  • Hi Markus,

When we import a previous project with GeoLayers3 maps already setup into a new project, GeoLayers does not recognize the labels - it appears to be because the 'GeoLayers3 Items' folder is one layer deep in the assets, and GeoLayers is looking only at the root of the assets on the new project. Moving the folder out to the root, fixes the problem. However, this didn't occur with GeoLayers 2 to our knowledge. Is this possible to fix? Possible to have GeoLayers scan sub-folders as well? We use templates on a regular basis and it would just save us some trouble.

Love GeoLayers!

Thank you,
    Scott
    Hello Scott,
    we'll have a look at this problem.
    Best
    Nico
  • Hi
    Is it possible to fully automate the plugin with scripts?
    What I am looking to do is:
    Get data from a sheet with Templater and enter that data in Geolayers to define location. Then finalize so it can be rendered with Templater. All fully automatic.
    Hello Frederik

GEOlayers 3 comes with its own scripting API. So you can e.g. jump to a certain point, insert labels or data and even animate the whole thing.
    In the GEOlayers help under Scripting API you'll find the API documantation and example scripts.

Best
    Nico

• Hello, besides Geolayer 3 I use QGIS to realize maps. In QGIS you must know something about coordinate systems to bring features from different sources together. In Geolayer 3 however you will never be asked  in which coordinate system to be imported features are georeferenced. Only the format must be selected.Therefore the import result could only be correct accedentially. Does any further information exist about this topic in Geolayer?

Hello Reinhold,

GEOlayers works only in the web mercator projection. If you import imagery with other projections it will not work. Data (shape files etc.) which comes in other projections will be automatically converted to the web mercator projection.

Hope that answered your question.

Best

Nico 
  • Hi,
    Thank you
    mathieu
    Hello,

we have a brand new sample project. In this project we have applied an effect to distort the map data right. So please have a look in the sample projects.

Best
    Nico
    Hi Nico,

I've looked at the sample project using the VC orb plugin and it's great to see this solution to creating a globe 

What I am trying to do is start on the globe and zoom into the Rose Atoll which is a miniscule piece of land in the the South Pacific. From what I can figure out using the sample project it doesn't look like I can zoom in that far and I will have to do a transition from the globe to an un-sphereized project.  Is that correct or is there something I'm missing?

Lisa
  • Hi guys, before everything its an amazing plugin GeoLayers3:

I'm having an issue with Rove Keyframe, its greyed out...

I need to move a map in several places (keyframes) without stop, and just cant find the way to make it as smooth as a peach...

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

• datarequest limit free trial reached. imagery won't renderde anymore. How do you solve it?
  • Hi,

How we can have all country's border in one time, don't want search each country.

Regards,
  • THE ERROR "unexpected token" is common problem?
  • I need more informations about the data license, that should appear in a corner.

Should it appear there? Or has it to appear there?
    What exactly has to appear there (Text, Size, Duration, etc.)?
    Where can I find those information?

I quick answer would be great!
  • Question: I accidentally created a 4K mapcomp and containing comp, is there a quick way to modify their dimensions down to HD without breaking the mapcomps and its container?
  • Hey all,

I'm working on a documentary on the Camp Fire in Butte County and need animated, 3D maps going from the 1850s to the 2020s. I've tried Google Earth Studio, which is good for what it is, but I think Geolayers is what I really need. 

I've downloaded the maps, sized them all to 12,000 x12,000 pixels and placed them in Google Earth, and exported the kmz files.

However, I'm having some issues importing the large map images. When I import the KMZ and hit DRAW FEATURE, I get an error saying "Features can't be drawn. Features are too small for your current view. You can zoom in further or draw the feature without simplifying it geometry."

No matter how much I zoom in, etc, I can't get it to work. I admit I'm just starting to use the program and stepping through the tutorials, but I cannot find where to fix this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hi there,
    Could you please tell me where the default location is for downloaded tiles is please? I have set a new location for tiles to be stored, but there are a bunch of old tiles that I would like to delete.
    I'm cleaning out my system before updating and I failed to note exactly where the old, default path went to.

I am running Mac os X Mojave.

Many thanks,

Dylan.