• Great plug-in! Creating a "BasedOn: Random letters" would be useful!
  • Hey Matthieu, love your script! 
    Wanted to ask if it's possible to apply Text Evo to multiple layers at the same time?
    Thanks!
  • how slick and easy! :)
    Thanks a bunch guys.
    waiting for v.2
  • Hi, any change you could upgrade to "animated paragraph options", such as align left, center and right of a text box?
    thanks!
  • WOW...
    worth every dollar..

Thank you!!!!

• WOW...
    worth every dollar..

Thank you!!!!

Thanks for the support!
  • Finally ! Congratulation and many, many, many thanks for releasing this v2 !
    Can't wait to test it :)
  • thanks for BEST plugin!!

but is there anyway to change rotation anchorpoint ? 
    it always be at bottom.want to change it to make something like swing text.

THANKS

• thanks for BEST plugin!!

but is there anyway to change rotation anchorpoint ? 
    it always be at bottom.want to change it to make something like swing text.

THANKS

Thank you!

You can move the anchor point of the text in its parameters, you can also use this script: 

Good luck with that, 

Finally ! Congratulation and many, many, many thanks for releasing this v2 !
    Can't wait to test it :)
    Merci ^^

• how i can add "out" animation with textevo 2
  • Amazing plugin! Best and easiest UI for text animation I have ever tried. 
    Have you considered adding bounce and spring from within the plugin? Would be great so when you can copy presets with this effect linked to texevo. 
  • Howdy, 

I get a "Unable to execute script at line 320. p is undefined" error when trying to run the script. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using the latest version of After Effects (v 17.0.2).

Thanks!
  • how i can add "out" animation with textevo 2
    Hi Anthony,

You have to do alt + click on the "add" button to have the keyfames reversed.

Amazing plugin! Best and easiest UI for text animation I have ever tried. 
    Have you considered adding bounce and spring from within the plugin? Would be great so when you can copy presets with this effect linked to texevo. 
    Thank you. I'm glad you like textvo. I'll add these kinds of features to the road map.
  • Pavol Jr said:
    Howdy, 

I get a "Unable to execute script at line 320. p is undefined" error when trying to run the script. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using the latest version of After Effects (v 17.0.2).

Thanks!
    Hi, 
    I'm sorry about that bug. I'll look into it.
    Can you open a ticket if the problem persists. 

• Copy and paste doesn’t work correclty, it's pasting the keyframes way out of position and on short comps you have to slide the layer quite far to find them and drag them back
  • Hello Matthieu,

Super plug comme d'hab. En revanche, je m'aperçois là qu'il y a souvent un bug sur le "BASED ON". Je ne saurai pas reproduire ce bug expres, mais 9 fois sur 10, ça reste en "letter" même si on choisi "word", "line" etc...

Saurais-tu régler ce bug gênant ?

MErci bien ;)
  • Hello, Where is the most current tutorial for the plugin? I just purchased it and can't figure out how to use it. I'm on a project tonite, so an immediate response would be sincerely appreciated. The only tutorial I can find is from 4 years ago and the interface is very different. Thank you in advance.
  • Hello Matthieu,

Super plug comme d'hab. En revanche, je m'aperçois là qu'il y a souvent un bug sur le "BASED ON". Je ne saurai pas reproduire ce bug expres, mais 9 fois sur 10, ça reste en "letter" même si on choisi "word", "line" etc...

Saurais-tu régler ce bug gênant ?

MErci bien ;)
    Hello Dimitri, 

Merci pour ton retour ^^ ! est ce que tu sélectionnes bien l'effet textevo ou le calque de texte ?
    Je n'ai pas ce soucis personnellement est ce que tu pourrais ouvrir un ticket et me donner plus d'information sur ta configurations ?

Merci
  • At 0.28 in your video it mentions that TextEvo is stackable. The words appear sequentially from behind a matte for each line. How do you create that effect on a single layer of text with multiple lines?
  • At 0.28 in your video it mentions that TextEvo is stackable. The words appear sequentially from behind a matte for each line. How do you create that effect on a single layer of text with multiple lines?
    Hello, Darren,

I'm sharing the text animation file with you:

You will be able to analyze all the techniques used in the video. 

I hope it suits you.
  • Has the colour fill option been removed from TextEvo2? Not sure if I'm just being an idiot but can't see it anywhere :(

(amazing script btw!)
  • Has the colour fill option been removed from TextEvo2? Not sure if I'm just being an idiot but can't see it anywhere :(

(amazing script btw!)
    Same here! I love your script, and used color fill a lot in TextEvo 1
  • Is it possible to use TextEvo for both an in and out transition on a single layer? I brought the text in with one TextEvo effect but when I apply the effect again with reversed keyframes, and try to bring the text off, it just shifts all of the text throughout the entire layer.

(amazing script btw!)

Has the colour fill option been removed from TextEvo2? Not sure if I'm just being an idiot but can't see it anywhere :(

(amazing script btw!)
    Hello, 

thank you for your comments I've added information about it here :

https://textevo.github.io/faq/#why-is-the-color-fill-option-not-available-in-the-effect
  • Getting "Unable to execute script at line 320. p is undefined" error as previous post. Using AE2019 on mac.

Gary
  • Is there any up to date tutorial on how to use this? everything is for the old interface so not very helpful
  • Love this plugin, INCREDIBLE time-saver – thank you. However, when "3D" activating the text layer within the UI panel, changing the "based on Mode" into words doesn't work. It can only stay in characters mode. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

(amazing script btw!)

Has the colour fill option been removed from TextEvo2? Not sure if I'm just being an idiot but can't see it anywhere :(

(amazing script btw!)
    Hello, 

thank you for your comments I've added information about it here :

https://textevo.github.io/faq/#why-is-the-color-fill-option-not-available-in-the-effect
    Thank you for the reply! Once again, excellent plugin. Thanks for it :)
  • hello, I would like to use this plugin but no animation occurs when the effect is applied correctly.
    And I have no error.

After effect 2020
  • hello, I would like to use this plugin but no animation occurs when the effect is applied correctly.
    And I have no error.

After effect 2020
    Hi Jérôme
    After adding the effect, you have to modify the transformation or style parameters. Have you done it? 

And I have no error.

After effect 2020
    Hi Jérôme

After adding the effect, you have to modify the transformation or style parameters. Have you done it? 

Hi, thanks for answering
    I tried to change the parameters and apply certain style but nothing changes, when I click on the +, the textvo effect appears but I don't have a lot of options, parontre when I put a preset by default , there I have the options and some animation work. And the basedone and renamed function does not work

is there an additional button to apply the effects ?

• The first thing you need to do is to add textvo to your text by pressing "+" . 

Then the text will contain a textvo effect.
    You then need to adjust the transformation and/or style parameters of this effect.

These parameters are influenced by the "Strength" parameter when at 100% they are active and will have no effect at 0%. And it is precisely this animation of this parameter and the delay between each letter that characterizes this script.
    (if you adjust the parameters while strength is at 0% you won't see any effect).
  • Hi, thanks for the pluging it looks really helpfull, am new to after and this is the first time i use this plugging, i can only find tutorials of 4 years ago or 2 years ago and this new Textevo 2 is so new that those tutorials doesn`t work at all haha, so i have a few questions.hope someone could help me, more or less i figure out how to make a few things, for example; one needs to modify  the transformation or style parameters.,  for something to happen, but there are still thing that i have 0 idea what they do, like: Line spacing, no idea what it does, delay? who knows, from index? no idea, i put key frames but nothing seems to happen with any of them so i think am an idiot that have no idea what he`s doing, so help would be awesome tks!
  • Are there any tutorials for this? I have fiddled with everything and I can't make this actually do anything. It looks like it would be cool but right now it does nothing....
  • Hey, i can put 2..3 textevo on 1 text? NO? 
  • Is there a way to add a posterizeTime(12) expression to an effect (for example, position and opacity)?
  • why did you remove the option to animate fill colors.
    I think it has more features in it's previous version than this version.
    Also it was more easy to use then.
  • Does anyone have a download to TextEvo 1.0 or 1.1? I love this script but I feel like the interface was easier to navagate in the first version. Is it possible to install earlier versions? Thanks in advance!
    why did you remove the option to animate fill colors.

• Are there any tutorials for this? I have fiddled with everything and I can't make this actually do anything. It looks like it would be cool but right now it does nothing....
    Second this opinion...purchased this recently but feels like a waste of money due to extremely limited instructions.

• Hello,

Sorry for the late answers: 

why did you remove the option to animate fill colors.

Are there any tutorials for this? I have fiddled with everything and I can't make this actually do anything. It looks like it would be cool but right now it does nothing....
    Second this opinion...purchased this recently but feels like a waste of money due to extremely limited instructions.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize a tutorial was so necessary. But you are more and more demanding it. I will do my best to make one as soon as possible.
    Is there a way to add a posterizeTime(12) expression to an effect (for example, position and opacity)?
    Yes you have to add it directly to the strength parameter.
  • Where is text evo 1? I was watching tutorial from before 2 came out that said it was a must have product. I paid money for this version 2 and it's horrible, it took me ages to figure out how to make it do anything, and what I could make it do I had no control over. Please PLEASE!!! Somebody link me to version one!!!
  • Bonjour,
    je rejoins certains commentaires.
    Autant ce script était formidable dans sa version initiale, autant le développement de la V2 a rendu le script beaucoup moins intuitif à l'utilisation et bien plus technique. 
    C'est bien dommage...

• Hello! Thanks for this awesome plugin, I use it in daily basis <3
    But i never figured out how to rotate the X axis tridimensionally... How can i do this? I tried to make it a 3D layer, and move the 3d rotation parameter in Transform panel, but it don't show any result (not only X, but Y and Z don't work either). Adding the plugin in a 2d or a 3d layer, not of this works. Can u help please? =D
  • This is a really nice update, though the documentation is a bit lacking. Still, thanks very much for the update. 
  • One thing, that would be great to add to Text Evo 2. Is a toggle hold opacity option. rather then fade on. just have the letters/words/line pop on in succession. 
  • If you could add a parameter to control smoothness for opacity so that letters pop on instead of fade on, that would be epic. Thanks!
  • Olá,estou tendo esse erro de script, o que fiz de errado rs?

Default Color
    Selection
    while (true){
    break;
    } }
    thisComp.layer
    // Comments
    42 23 16 15 8 4
    "Strings"
    / + - * && ||
  • Great script but when you copy / paste some text Evo settings, it usually doesn't paste where your cursor is on the timeline...
  • Howdy,
    In your promo vid there is a section of text that breaks into pieces.
    Was that done with TextEvo 2?

Also couldn't see the option to animate Kerning/Letter Spacing within the TextEvo 2 transform tools.
    Cheers.