• What is your recommendation...
    Hi again. It's difficult to say without seeing the project... Can you open a support ticket and send me your .aep file? It'll be easier to answer.

Cheers,
    François
  • Hello! We made an animation feature movie using your awesome plugin! It will be showed at New Vision International Film Festival in Amsterdam (26 September). Please contact me for more information if you are interested about this. I really want to thank you guys for creating and proving this plugin to us as an animator.

The trailer:

Me (Gokhan Can - Animator):
    [email protected]
  • Hello! We made an animation feature movie using your awesome plugin! It will be showed at New Vision International Film Festival in Amsterdam (26 September). Please contact me for more information if you are interested about this. I really want to thank you guys for creating and proving this plugin to us as an animator. The trailer: Me (Gokhan Can - Animator): [email protected]
    Thank you! Glad to hear it helped you animating your movie. And good luck for the festival :-)

François
  • Quick question: 

Is there a way to make this work in a similar fashion to DUIK with its "extract controllers" feature?  Or is there a way via master properties to animate your figure without being inside the comp in which it resides?
  • Quick question: 

Is there a way to make this work in a similar fashion to DUIK with its "extract controllers" feature?  Or is there a way via master properties to animate your figure without being inside the comp in which it resides?
    Hi Austin,

Bones lets you create null controllers inside the comp.
    It's very easy to control these nulls from outside via expressions. Simply add an expression on the null's position. You actually don't even need the null, you can link any of Bones' point parameter via expression, so, you can do pretty much what you want including master properties! :-)

Cheers,
    François
  • Wondering if BAO Bones is able to create a chain of multiple inline bones, like a jointed snake? 
  • Wondering if BAO Bones is able to create a chain of multiple inline bones, like a jointed snake? 
    Hi,

absolutely. Each Bones instance can be parented to another one, that's how you link a hand to an arm, and an arm to a torso, for example. That's already a chain.
    The good news is you can add and parent as many Bones instances as you want :-)

Cheers,
    François
  • Hi, I am unable to use BAO_Puppeteer.plugin in After Effects 2020. This is experienced on several different Mac's running Catalina, although it works with no issues on one particular Mac running Catalina at my office).

This error pops up: After Effects error: Couldn't find main entry point for BAO_Puppeteer.pluggin ( 48 :: 72 ), and then "After Effects error: invalid filter ( 25 :: 3 ). Any idea what is causing this? 

• Hi, I am unable to use BAO_Puppeteer.plugin in After Effects 2020. This is experienced on several different Mac's running Catalina, although it works with no issues on one particular Mac running Catalina at my office).

This error pops up: After Effects error: Couldn't find main entry point for BAO_Puppeteer.pluggin ( 48 :: 72 ), and then "After Effects error: invalid filter ( 25 :: 3 ). Any idea what is causing this? 
    Hi,

thanks for reporting. Please open a support ticket and let us know if the warning pops up when opening AE or when first trying to use Puppeteer? https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Cheers,
    François
  • Is there any material I can read on how to arrange the masks, and what is the understanding of them in the rig?
  • Is there any material I can read on how to arrange the masks, and what is the understanding of them in the rig?
    Have you checked out the online user guide? 
  • Hey,

I'm creating pixel art, but for some reason when setting the image that uses Bao Bones to "Draft", it doesn't do anything. It still adds anti-aliasing which doesn't work when creating pixel art. How can I keep things crisp?
  • Hey,

I'm creating pixel art, but for some reason when setting the image that uses Bao Bones to "Draft", it doesn't do anything. It still adds anti-aliasing which doesn't work when creating pixel art. How can I keep things crisp?
    Hi,

Bones' antialiasing cannot be turned off... I must admit I didn't think about it when I wrote it :-(
    But can you open a support ticket and send me your project? May be I can find a workaround...

Cheers,
    François

• Hey,

Hi,

Bones' antialiasing cannot be turned off... I must admit I didn't think about it when I wrote it :-(
    But can you open a support ticket and send me your project? May be I can find a workaround...

Cheers,
    François
    Hi François, thank you for the super quick reply!

That's unfortunate, would've been superb feature. I think I'm stuck using puppet tool then. :)
    How much work would it be to have toggle for AA on/off?
  • How much work would it be to have toggle for AA on/off?
    To be honest, not that much... But the thing is I'm 'stuck' far from home because of the Covid and I can't work as I wish.
    But I keep it in my to do list (which grows every day)!

Cheers and stay safe !
    François
  • How much work would it be to have toggle for AA on/off?
    To be honest, not that much... But the thing is I'm 'stuck' far from home because of the Covid and I can't work as I wish.
    But I keep it in my to do list (which grows every day)!

Cheers and stay safe !
    François
    Thank you again for the reply!

I'm starting a new project myself, trying to figure out my workflow. If it would be possible to add the feature, do you know how long would it approx take?
    And I get it, the situation thanks to COVID is far from ideal. :(

Thanks and stay safe!

Jesse
  • do you know how long would it approx take?
    Probably 1 day or 2, difficult to know before actually doing it...
    But it depends on your plateform. For the moment, I can work for Windows, or Mac using older OS than Catalina. Which one do you use?

Cheers,
    François
  • do you know how long would it approx take?
    Probably 1 day or 2, difficult to know before actually doing it...
    But it depends on your plateform. For the moment, I can work for Windows, or Mac using older OS than Catalina. Which one do you use?

Cheers,
    François
    I'm on Windows 10, AE CS6. Would really, really appreciate the feature...! But no pressures. :)

• Would really, really appreciate the feature...! But no pressures. :)
    OK, I'll try my best :-)

• Would really, really appreciate the feature...! But no pressures. :)
    OK, I'll try my best :-)
    Much appreciated, I'll check back daily! :)
  • I'll check back daily!
    Please open a support ticket instead, so I can send it to you when it's done.

Cheers,
    François
  • Just wanted you guys and everyone else who reads this to know this is one of the best, easiest and fastest tool to use for IK. I have bought around 250 items from aescripts (I'm a plugin-in/scripts junky) and this one works great. You can set up IK for a single appendage in seconds. Because it's a plug-in, it's pretty much self-contain, meaning is doesn't have all the other supporting IK elements in your timeline like other tools do. This tool has saved probably 20-30 hours of time on a current IK project (and I've only had the tool for a month! ) 

Can't speak more highly of Bao Bones!!!
  • Just wanted you guys and everyone else who reads this to know this is one of the best, easiest and fastest tool to use for IK. I have bought around 250 items from aescripts (I'm a plugin-in/scripts junky) and this one works great. You can set up IK for a single appendage in seconds. Because it's a plug-in, it's pretty much self-contain, meaning is doesn't have all the other supporting IK elements in your timeline like other tools do. This tool has saved probably 20-30 hours of time on a current IK project (and I've only had the tool for a month! ) 

Can't speak more highly of Bao Bones!!!

Awesome! Thanks for the positive feedback and glad it has saved you tons of time, that's our mission :)
  • Wanted to send big thanks to François, incredible plugin! Originally, it didn't work well when in Draft mode, you know for pixel art, but he worked his magic and I couldn't be happier! :)

• Wanted to send big thanks to François, incredible plugin! Originally, it didn't work well when in Draft mode, you know for pixel art, but he worked his magic and I couldn't be happier! :)
    :-)
  • Hi, when I use a minus number in the X or Y scale in the child parameters I get an image buffer error and it crashes.  
    Any ideas? I'm now scaling the artwork in a precomp, but thought I'd mention this. It's happening on a PC and Mac. 
    Thanks
  • Hi, when I use a minus number in the X or Y scale in the child parameters I get an image buffer error and it crashes.  
    Any ideas? I'm now scaling the artwork in a precomp, but thought I'd mention this. It's happening on a PC and Mac. 
    Thanks
    Hi,

thanks for reporting. I'll try to fix it asap. In the meantime, the best workaround is to scale it in a precomp as you do.

Cheers,
    François
    Thanks
    Hi again,

I've tried on my side, and didn't see any issue... Can you open a support ticket and send me your project, to see what goes wrong?

Cheers,
    François
  • Why is it that Boa Bones has almost no coverage when it comes to youtube rigging videos? its really a shame, you guys should put up more content. sorry but I love your plugin, just had to say :/  
  • Why is it that Boa Bones has almost no coverage when it comes to youtube rigging videos? its really a shame, you guys should put up more content. sorry but I love your plugin, just had to say :/  

Would you be interested in making a tutorial? :)
  • Bao Bones looks beautiful inside my precomp, but in my main comp my girl's bao bones arms are completely missing from view... WTH? How do I fix?

The precomp is moving from left to right in the main comp - Is that a problem?
  • Any plans to recompile for Apple Silicon? The new AE beta is available as Apple Silicon native, so it would be nice to have favorite plugins ready to go once it's released :)
  • Any plans to recompile for Apple Silicon? The new AE beta is available as Apple Silicon native, so it would be nice to have favorite plugins ready to go once it's released :)
    Hi,

I don't plan to recompile yet, but will try asap.

Cheers,
    François
  • Hi Francois

I've just updated to Ae v22 and I'm struggling to re-install my BAO plugins - Bones and BOA.

I've copied them into the Applications > AfterEffects > Plugins folder but they are not loading.

Any clues happily received.

OSX 10.15.7 / Ae 22.1.1 b74

Thanks 

James
  • Hi James,

the right path should be:
    Applications > Adobe After Effects (version) > Plug-ins > BAO > (here YOUR-PLUGINS.plugin)

May be the BAO folder was missing on your side ? Or did you copy the .aex (windows) instead of .plugin (mac) ?
    In doubt, you can just copy the whole BAO folder from your previous AE version into the new one.

Cheers,
    François
  • Oh no!

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.  I was using the Windows plugins...

Thanks for making me look.

Merry Christmas!

James
  • Oh no!

Problem exists between keyboard and chair.  I was using the Windows plugins...

Thanks for making me look.

Merry Christmas!

James
    Merry Christmas to you too :-)
  • Any chance you will be updating bones to take advangage of MFR?
  • Any chance you will be updating bones to take advangage of MFR?
    Hi,

the actual version of Bones is using its own frame caching system, which already does something similar than Multi Frame rendering, but dealing with multiple instances of Bones interacting with each other.
    I'm actually working on a new version to make it more stable when AE's MFR is on, but it won't make it faster, it will only be a 'technical' update.

Cheers,
    François
  • Hi!

I was trying  BAO bones and exported  what I did but it exported along with  the X mesh--how do you remove it?
    mesh.png
    701 x 729 - 93K
  • Hi!

I was trying  BAO bones and exported  what I did but it exported along with  the X mesh--how do you remove it?

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/ 
  • How do I prevent the first bone from deforming the mesh? I'm working on a horse where each limb (legs, tail, head (with neck)) has it's own copy of bones and then the "start" points on the bones are connected to the body. The reason I've applied bones to the head+neck layer is so I can deform it with the horse's main that runs from the top of the head down to the neck. Everything works great except that I can't get the first point (where the neck connects to the body) to stop deforming the base of the neck so if I move the head up and down the base of the neck starts rotating around the first bone. I've also tried using manual instead of IK but then everything stretch the minute I move the "nose bone" around. 
    Bao Bones Horse.png
    1006 x 519 - 114K
  • How do I prevent the first bone from deforming the mesh? I'm working on a horse where each limb (legs, tail, head (with neck)) has it's own copy of bones and then the "start" points on the bones are connected to the body. The reason I've applied bones to the head+neck layer is so I can deform it with the horse's main that runs from the top of the head down to the neck. Everything works great except that I can't get the first point (where the neck connects to the body) to stop deforming the base of the neck so if I move the head up and down the base of the neck starts rotating around the first bone. I've also tried using manual instead of IK but then everything stretch the minute I move the "nose bone" around. 
    Hi!

sorry for the late reply...
    You need to check the 'Unbend at start' checkbox. You'll find it in the 'IK' tab.

Hope it helps!
    François
  • Hi.
    When I apply the puppeteer to my rig, the controllers don't appear; when they do, they are entirely black, and I can't change the colour.
    Sometimes, when I add a puppeteer, the character disappears even if I select it correctly. This event happened both on mac and windows.
  • Hi.
    When I apply the puppeteer to my rig, the controllers don't appear; when they do, they are entirely black, and I can't change the colour.
    Sometimes, when I add a puppeteer, the character disappears even if I select it correctly. This event happened both on mac and windows.
    Hi,

can you open a support ticket and send me your project?

Cheers,
    François
  • Hi
    Hi,

Cheers,
    François
    Same thing happens for me, controllers dont appear and I have to click handle size to have them all of a sudden appear sometimes only 1 shows up and I have to click reset and rescale them... also changing colors or random does nothing
  • Hi
    Hi,

Cheers,
    François
    Same thing happens for me, controllers dont appear and I have to click handle size to have them all of a sudden appear sometimes only 1 shows up and I have to click reset and rescale them... also changing colors or random does nothing
    open a support ticket and send in your project, please zip compress the project first: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=968&direct=1
  • Hi Leroy,
    I installed Bones on my Macbook, it is visible in the Effects panel, but it appears as "missing". I had the same issue few years back. I worry I might have blocked Bones in the "Privacy and Security " in Mac Os somewhere, as the "missing" information doesnt make any sense.

Please advice
    Robert
  • Hi Leroy,
    I installed Bones on my Macbook, it is visible in the Effects panel, but it appears as "missing". I had the same issue few years back. I worry I might have blocked Bones in the "Privacy and Security " in Mac Os somewhere, as the "missing" information doesnt make any sense.

Please advice
    Robert
    Hi,
    can you open a support ticket? We'll try to figure it out.
    Cheers,
    François
  • Hi Leroy,

Please advice
    Robert
    Also check that it is not disabled in the new Effects Manager: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/effect-manager.html