• For some reason it seems that time-reversing keyframes makes parenting not work. Is this a limitation or is something going wrong on my side? I am using After Effects CC 2015.

open a support ticket
  • For some reason it seems that time-reversing keyframes makes parenting not work. Is this a limitation or is something going wrong on my side? I am using After Effects CC 2015.
    open a support ticket
    Thank you for the suggestion, Lloyd. I figured out that the problem had to do with limitations of After Effects, therefore I don't think it is necessary to open a support ticket.
  • Hello,

Will this product ever be supported with AE2019?

• Hello,

Will this product ever be supported with AE2019?

Hi Daniel,
    Good Parents work quite well with CC2019. In fact, thanks to updated Javascript engine, Good Parents work faster than ever. We will update the info on product page, thank you for heads up!
  • Hello,

GoodParents doesn't seem to work in AE 2019 16.1.1
    When I parent a layer the child layer is not linked to the parent.
    I click on a child layer, hit the parent button, the goodparent is active on the layer. When I select the parent source and hit enable the child doesn't move with the parent.
    I can't see why.
  • Hello,

GoodParents doesn't seem to work in AE 2019 16.1.1
    When I parent a layer the child layer is not linked to the parent.
    I click on a child layer, hit the parent button, the goodparent is active on the layer. When I select the parent source and hit enable the child doesn't move with the parent.
    I can't see why.

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Can the parent layers be parented to other layers?
    I normally import svg images in different layers and then parent them all to a null, then I resize the null to make them all bigger, and move them all at once etc.

My question is can I then use this on one or more of these 'inner' layers that are already parented to the main null layer?
    Thanks
  • Hey Good Parent doesn't work with AE 2020 Please please please I need an update.
  • Hey Good Parent doesn't work with AE 2020 Please please please I need an update.
    Hi Eder,

Please download the latest version, close AE and copy the files, then reopen AE. This should work.

Nik
  • A really nice little enhancement for Comp tidiness would be to have the Grey Pre-Parent layer "Trim to the Layer Below or above where ever it is placed. 
  • A really nice little enhancement for Comp tidiness would be to have the Grey Pre-Parent layer "Trim to the Layer Below or above where ever it is placed. 
    In the meantime you can use Trim to Layer Above and Trim to Layer Below which you can link to a
     button ;-)
  • Can't get it to work in AE 2020, even with the latest update. I'm on a mac running Mojave. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Can't get it to work in AE 2020, even with the latest update. I'm on a mac running Mojave. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Is this not working for AE 2020? I've downloaded the latest version and it doesn't work on either Mac I have - I've opened a support ticket 3 days ago and no response yet.

• Is this not working for AE 2020? I've downloaded the latest version and it doesn't work on either Mac I have - I've opened a support ticket 3 days ago and no response yet.

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response. 
    Good Parents are tested on 2020 and latest OS versions, I've followed you up on the ticket.

Nik
  • Will this tool support Lottie/Bodymovin? 
  • I didn't see the answer to this, but if the parent layer is parented, does good parents not work?
  • I didn't see the answer to this, but if the parent layer is parented, does good parents not work?
    Hi Frank,

Sure. GoodParents support all the possible parenting hierarchy.

Nik
  • Will this tool support Lottie/Bodymovin? 
    Sorry for the late reply, David.

GoodParents now fully support Bodymovin.

Nik
  • Just bought this - looking forward to using it!

Here's a suggestion for a future version - instead of just a full parent swap or on/off like it currently does, what about being able to enable/disable specific transforms with keyframes? Since you're already addressing them separately via your preparent layer with expressions, maybe you can make an "advanced" mode so you can (for example) have a child inherit position and scale, but be able to toggle rotation inheritance. Maybe that would be too complicated. Just a thought! Cheers.
  • You really really really REALLY need to point out that if you don't have keyframes set on your parent layer you won't move the child.  Good lord. So, if anyone else came here wondering why it's not working and you spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out, now you know.  Make sure you have keyframes set on the parent layer.  ARGH!!
  • I keep getting a message that a newer version of Good Parents is available. It's tells me that I am running version 1.4 and that 1.4.2 is available. I've removed the old version. Installed the latest version but it keeps popping up. Any suggestions/help welcome
  • I keep getting a message that a newer version of Good Parents is available. It's tells me that I am running version 1.4 and that 1.4.2 is available. I've removed the old version. Installed the latest version but it keeps popping up. Any suggestions/help welcome
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Really good plan , i will buy it very soon..
  • So I wanted to use it tonight and I found out GP is not available for cc 2021+, are there going to be more updates?
  • script doesnt work under 22.6 after effects .. parents are set but nothing is moving tried both script engines 
  • Phil Ehle said:
    script doesnt work under 22.6 after effects .. parents are set but nothing is moving tried both script engines 

• Feature request: Please add an option to not lock and shy the layer. When selecting layers to pre-comp, the pre-parent layer doesn't follow and I'll have to take steps to correct.
  • You really really really REALLY need to point out that if you don't have keyframes set on your parent layer you won't move the child.  Good lord. So, if anyone else came here wondering why it's not working and you spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out, now you know.  Make sure you have keyframes set on the parent layer.  ARGH!!
    Also to add that pre-comping the selected layer with the Good Parent script applied to, there are hidden layers that are locked and will NOT follow that layer into the pre-comp. Moving the "pre-parent" layer afterwards seems to break it and you'll need to use the menu system to "get" the layer with the effect and "set" it with the pre-parent if copied and pasted.
  • Doesn't work on AE 2023 or M1. When the new update?

• Doesn't work on AE 2023 or M1. When the new update?

It works fine in AE 2023 on M1. If you need assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I applied the effect to a layer called "Celtics uni", realized that I needed 3 rather than two parents, deleted the effect from the layer, and now I keep getting this error when trying to reapply goodParents to the layer:

Error: Error: can't find created effect for layer Celtics uni, please try again

Any ideas what this is about?
  • I bought this plugin without even trying it and now I found myself not to be able to use it because doesn't work.
    I opened a support ticket but it's now more than week and no response.
    "Great" costumer service!
    I suggest anyone to use the trial version of any plugin you are interested in before buying it.
  • I bought this plugin without even trying it and now I found myself not to be able to use it because doesn't work.
    I opened a support ticket but it's now more than week and no response.
    "Great" costumer service!
    I suggest anyone to use the trial version of any plugin you are interested in before buying it.
    Hi Giovanni,
    I am sorry for this experience. Our team was focused on updating our products and we missed the possible compatibility bug in the Good Parents.
    I've sent you a new test version, hope that helps.

Nik
  • I have been having SEVERE crashing for the last week. I've tried everything. I've uninstalled all of my other plugins, i've tried multiple different versions of AE, i've contacted adobe support. EVERYTHING. 

Finally, I just started going through all of my plugins one by one and LOW AND BEHOLD, THIS PLUGIN IS CAUSING ME TO CONSISTENTLY CRASH. I can't even open the UI panel without after effects freezing and me having to restart my computer. 

I honestly wish I could get a refund for this plugin. Since I bought it a while ago, it has caused me nothing but trouble. Unfortunately I can't now. so please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix whatever issues this plugin is causing. I am going to just uninstall it for now and maybe come back to it later because this is literally making me lose valuable time on projects which in term is causing me to lose oppurtunities and money which means I can't pay my rent. Please fix this. 
  • I have been having SEVERE crashing for the last week. I've tried everything. I've uninstalled all of my other plugins, i've tried multiple different versions of AE, i've contacted adobe support. EVERYTHING. 

Finally, I just started going through all of my plugins one by one and LOW AND BEHOLD, THIS PLUGIN IS CAUSING ME TO CONSISTENTLY CRASH. I can't even open the UI panel without after effects freezing and me having to restart my computer. 

I honestly wish I could get a refund for this plugin. Since I bought it a while ago, it has caused me nothing but trouble. Unfortunately I can't now. so please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix whatever issues this plugin is causing. I am going to just uninstall it for now and maybe come back to it later because this is literally making me lose valuable time on projects which in term is causing me to lose oppurtunities and money which means I can't pay my rent. Please fix this. 
    This is due to an Adobe bug that is beyond our control, pease see this FAQ: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/scripts-crashing-in-macos-monterey/

If you need further assistance, 
    please open a support ticket instead.
  • Hey, the position works, but the rotation / scaling doesnt work, can somebody help me with this problem?
  • hi there, i have this message "Error: After Effects error: File not found: “/Users/denis/Library/Application Support/preset.ffx”." what it could be?
  • Denis Ish said:
    hi there, i have this message "Error: After Effects error: File not found: “/Users/denis/Library/Application Support/preset.ffx”." what it could be?
    You need to make sure you install as explained in the pdf included with the download.
    You can also use the aescripts + aeplugins manager to install: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
    If you need assistance please open a support ticket instead.
  • I have AE 2022, and I tried downloading the trial version of Good Parent. Since I own a Mac, I copied the file "goodParents.jsxbin" into Adobe After Effects 2022 > Scripts > ScriptUI Panel. Yet, I am still not seeing "Good Parent" show up in the Effects/Plugins menu in After Effects. What am I doing wrong?
  • I have AE 2022, and I tried downloading the trial version of Good Parent. Since I own a Mac, I copied the file "goodParents.jsxbin" into Adobe After Effects 2022 > Scripts > ScriptUI Panel. Yet, I am still not seeing "Good Parent" show up in the Effects/Plugins menu in After Effects. What am I doing wrong?

You find it under the Window menu in After Effects.

• Denis Ish said:
    hi there, i have this message "Error: After Effects error: File not found: “/Users/denis/Library/Application Support/preset.ffx”." what it could be?

my girlfriend has the same problem, the script does not work without this preset, did you find a way to solve the problem?
  • Denis Ish said:

my girlfriend has the same problem, the script does not work without this preset, did you find a way to solve the problem?
  • Why does the plugin create a "pre parent" for the child layer? What is the function of this?
  • Alan Wall said:
    Why does the plugin create a "pre parent" for the child layer? What is the function of this?