DistributeLayers
  • how to key frame with distribute layers?
  • Just set a keyframe on the property (or properties) for all the layers and use the script.  Then move in time and use the script again and new keyframes will be created.
  • Hi,
    I have randomly distributed layers across the screen in X and Y axis. When I apply the script and play with Z range, script also moves X and Y coordinates of layers back to 0.  Any way to overcome? thanks!
  • Do you have Z set to 0?
  • Love this script! Great Job. 
    I do have one question. 
    Is there a way to set the default slider range to something higher than 100 like 500. 
    I see you have a way to change the slider range. But almost every time I need it higher. If the default was set higher that would save a lot of time since I use this a lot. 

Thanks
  • Love this script! Great Job. 
    I do have one question. 
    Is there a way to set the default slider range to something higher than 100 like 500. 
    I see you have a way to change the slider range. But almost every time I need it higher. If the default was set higher that would save a lot of time since I use this a lot. 

Thanks
    You can edit the jsx file and search for minvalue and maxvalue and set them to any values you wish
  • Great script! Will this work on CC2015?

Cheers!
  • Thank you for the script!
    You said "You can edit the jsx file and search for minvalue and maxvalue and set them to any values you wish"
    For some reason I can only find the minvalue within the JSX file to edit the default values for Pos x,y,z.  I have used the search function within the JSX editor but every instance of maxvalue seems to be for other sliders other than Pos x,y,z.  Could you please point me in the right direction?
  • Hi, after setting multi layer keyframes of position and rotation, whenever I update or change position parameters further down the timeline it auto-deletes any already-set rotation keyframes. How to avoid/fix this? (AE CC 2020). Cheers
  • Hi, thnx for the cool script! Is there no way to undo any action? Right now when I use any of the scripts actions I cant undo it and put all objects back to there original location. Is there a fix or workaround for this? Thnx!
  • Hey there,
    Thanks for this script, which I've been using for years now.
    I don't know if it's still being supported, but if so, I have a request that I feel would be SUPER helpful.
    Is there any way to make a "commit" type button that only applies the input settings once pressed?
    I'm currently working with hundreds of layers, and applying random X,Y,Z position, and it lags for quite some time to process each dimension's value as it's entered.
    It'd be great to be able to enter all the values, then hit "Apply", so it's only having to process once. 
    Thanks again!