• Dudes, what's the use of mono spacer without digit fiddler, when animating. Asking for a friend who bought this.

Cheers,

Coen  
  • Says monopacer instead of monospacer on the gif example of the counters...

But nice plug-in!
  • This is awesome. I don't need it yet, but when I do, it's going to be epic.
  • In real problems is a little useful thing.I'm trying to apply this to the counter now.At the beginning, the text is lumped together, which looks pretty awful, after the manipulations, it turns out to push it, but only align to the left is available.When I do I need align to center inside my counter, it appears some hole in text (when numers are four-digit) that disappears when the number becomes five-digit. 
  • Абсолютно бесполезный скрипт. Сколько раз не пробовал настроить им ровный трекинг, он делает только хуже. Все строчки и буквы сдвигаются каким-то непонятным образом. Короче лучше уж без него, чем тратить время на эти эксперименты. 
  • Having issues! The spaces keeps changing and adding extra things at random points. 
  • Having issues! The spaces keeps changing and adding extra things at random points. 
    Hi James, have responded to your ticket.
  • Owen Ling said:
    Says monopacer instead of monospacer on the gif example of the counters...

But nice plug-in!
    Thanks Owen, good catch.
  • In real problems is a little useful thing.
    I'm trying to apply this to the counter now.At the beginning, the text is lumped together, which looks pretty awful, after the manipulations, it turns out to push it, but only align to the left is available.When I do I need align to center inside my counter, it appears some hole in text (when numers are four-digit) that disappears when the number becomes five-digit. 
    Hi Sergey

As mentioned in the tutorial video, the text must always be aligned left unless you want to have the text aligned right, in which case the paragraph text must be set to align right. 
  • Not really helpful.

This plugin will destroy any scripts you add for adding spaces or commas in a counter. 

With some fonts it generate unwanted artifacts around characters.

I want my money back.
    Hi Felipe

Indeed monospacer won't leave spaces, however a workaround for this is to add a character (any character) and then set the baseline shift very high so it disappears. Then you will have a perfectly sized space. If you're having more issues please feel free to open a support ticket as those are monitored daily. 
  • This thing seems to not allow multiple lines on top of each other. Is there some workaround for line breaks?
  • This thing seems to not allow multiple lines on top of each other. Is there some workaround for line breaks?
    Hi Eric

Unfortunately not. I will add this to the description so people are aware. Apologies for not making that clear.
  • "Or don't.  But I'd prefer that you did." 
  • "Or don't.  But I'd prefer that you did." 
    Teehee you got me!
  • It seems Monospacer cant be used in Catalina OS. I get theis message after updating the OS:
    “Monospacer_v1.0.plugin” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware."

Are you planing to launch an update?
  • It seems Monospacer cant be used in Catalina OS. I get theis message after updating the OS:
    “Monospacer_v1.0.plugin” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware."

Are you planing to launch an update?
    Hi Alvaro

Yes, version 1.1.3 is live and has been signed, let me know if you have any issues with it.
  • does not work when I render the video.
  • does not work when I render the video.
    Hi Kevin

Could you please let me know some extra information about what's happening? Is it via media encoder or inside AE? Opening a support ticket is the best way for us to help diagnose the cause and find a solution. 
  • Good tool to fast solve the monospace issues.
    Wouldb e cool to have an "centered" option. Digits adds only on the right side. Now I need to center manually with every new digit.
    Thanks!
  • Good tool to fast solve the monospace issues.
    Wouldb e cool to have an "centered" option. Digits adds only on the right side. Now I need to center manually with every new digit.
    Thanks!
    Hi Vitaly
    Thanks for your suggestion. I'm curious, could you please show me an example of what you're creating? 
  • doesn't count over 1 million ?  am I missing something ?
  • This plugin is super useful, animating numbers counting is something that almost everyone in motion graphics runs into again and again. And the width jitter you run into in non-monospace fonts just doesn't look great. Yes it has some limitations and problems but I think its overall a great plugin and I appreciate the great support from James.

How to use:
    If using this plugin without digit fiddler (or some other counting plug-in), animate counting by parenting your text-layer "source text" parameter to a slider effect (either on txt layer or null/adjustment).

Counting over a 1 Million:
    That will take you up to 1 mill I think. Numbers effect is another option but that is limited to 30k. These limitations are caused by hard number limits on certain properties usually the "Slider" and "Number" properties. There are workarounds using other properties (point control) and using expressions (google "how to count over 1mil in ae") or with another plugin like Digit Fiddler (also by James which can actually replace the whole functionality of this mini-plugin). You may also be able to find expressions (google it) that add things like commas or colons automatically as you count.

Lastly: Digit Fiddler combines the features of Monospacer with the other animation features that it really needs to be highly functional. I recommend getting it if you want more functionality. BUT it currently doesn't have the newest monospacer feature "Buffer Expansion" which is important character animation effects. I'm sure the feature will be updated shortly and then DF will truly be superior.

James: my suggestion for a next feature for both (M and DF) when you get to it, is a slider that effects the width box for "all punctuation characters" at once. Stuff like colons, commas, periods. I know you can do that with the custom character targeting, but I think its a QOL feature that everyone would love!

• doesn't count over 1 million ?  am I missing something ?
    Hi Robert

As Jonathan mentioned, the number multiplier slider will allow you to count numbers much larger than one million (which is the After Effects limit for sliders).
  • This plugin is super useful, animating numbers counting is something that almost everyone in motion graphics runs into again and again. And the width jitter you run into in non-monospace fonts just doesn't look great. Yes it has some limitations and problems but I think its overall a great plugin and I appreciate the great support from James.

How to use:
    If using this plugin without digit fiddler (or some other counting plug-in), animate counting by parenting your text-layer "source text" parameter to a slider effect (either on txt layer or null/adjustment).

Counting over a 1 Million:
    That will take you up to 1 mill I think. Numbers effect is another option but that is limited to 30k. These limitations are caused by hard number limits on certain properties usually the "Slider" and "Number" properties. There are workarounds using other properties (point control) and using expressions (google "how to count over 1mil in ae") or with another plugin like Digit Fiddler (also by James which can actually replace the whole functionality of this mini-plugin). You may also be able to find expressions (google it) that add things like commas or colons automatically as you count.

Lastly: Digit Fiddler combines the features of Monospacer with the other animation features that it really needs to be highly functional. I recommend getting it if you want more functionality. BUT it currently doesn't have the newest monospacer feature "Buffer Expansion" which is important character animation effects. I'm sure the feature will be updated shortly and then DF will truly be superior.

James: my suggestion for a next feature for both (M and DF) when you get to it, is a slider that effects the width box for "all punctuation characters" at once. Stuff like colons, commas, periods. I know you can do that with the custom character targeting, but I think its a QOL feature that everyone would love!

Hi Jonathan

Great write up :D and that's a good feature idea, I'll definitely try to include it in the next update.
  • Hi!

I am a big fan og Monospacer, but can it be true that I can't make at count up/down with right alignment?

Cheers,
    Christian
  • Hi!

I am a big fan og Monospacer, but can it be true that I can't make at count up/down with right alignment?

Cheers,
    Christian
    Hi Christian

Could you please send an example image of what you're trying to create? Monospacer does work with right alignment.
  • Looks like some overlapping letters are peaking through.

Any suggestion on how to stop this happening:
  • Looks like some overlapping letters are peaking through.

Any suggestion on how to stop this happening:
    Hi Blair

Yes if you increase the tracking on the text layer (using the character panel), and then remove that tracking inside Monospacer. The issue is caused because the characters are close to each other and there's not enough room for a clean separation. 
  • There is a difficult limitation in your script, I can't use : (two dots) between the numbers (for a countdown), it always put the two dots a part.
    Is there a fix for that? Or every time I have this type of in-between characters, I need to time then separated?

How I did the text - Monospacer OFF
    How it appears in screen - Monospacer ON
  • There is a difficult limitation in your script, I can't use : (two dots) between the numbers (for a countdown), it always put the two dots a part.
    Is there a fix for that? Or every time I have this type of in-between characters, I need to time then separated?

How I did the text - Monospacer OFF
    How it appears in screen - Monospacer ON
    Hi Rafael

Thanks for sending the screenshots. This case can be fixed via the methods described in this video:

If you're still having issues, please let me know in a support ticket as I've managed to get this exact case working (colons and semi colons). 
  • Hi there guys - there's a compatibility issue with M1 Macs and this plugin. Any word on when it'll be updated?
  • Cam Vokey said:
    Hi there guys - there's a compatibility issue with M1 Macs and this plugin. Any word on when it'll be updated?
    Hi Cam

v1.2.3 is compatible with all new apple silicon hardware. Are you having issues with it? I believe it wasn't code signed correctly, so we've correctly notarised it and now there shouldn't be any permission issues. I'd recommend doing an uninstall and re-install. Let me know how you go.
  • What's with the coloured boxes all over the text? Can't find reference to it anywhere, seems to be turned on and off with ease in the YouTube video, couldn't work out how to do it.
  • What's with the coloured boxes all over the text? Can't find reference to it anywhere, seems to be turned on and off with ease in the YouTube video, couldn't work out how to do it.
    Hi Tobias

That's the separation guide which is enabled by the "Enable Guide" parameter under the "Thresholding" group. Let me know if you need help. 
    Hi Tobias

That's the separation guide which is enabled by the "Enable Guide" parameter under the "Thresholding" group. Let me know if you need help. 
    Thanks James, that solved it
  • Hi Tobias, is Monospacer available for free as a stand alone plugin if you buy Digit Fiddler? Or is it only included for free within Digit Fiddler?
    Meaning that if you buy Digit Fiddler alone, you would not be able to use Monospacer on a separate line of text. Thank you in advance for letting me know.

• Hi Tobias, is Monospacer available for free as a stand alone plugin if you buy Digit Fiddler? Or is it only included for free within Digit Fiddler?
    Meaning that if you buy Digit Fiddler alone, you would not be able to use Monospacer on a separate line of text. Thank you in advance for letting me know.

Hi Nick

If you own digit fiddler I suppose you could remove the source text expression from digit fiddler and then it would display any text you like and you can then have access to monospacing. 
  • Hey! 

I've just got the plug-in and it shows as I want inside of AE when I play it, but once I render it, monospacer seems to be gone? why? it just resets to normal characters following kerning.. but when I view it in AE the expression is on?? 
  • Hey! 

I've just got the plug-in and it shows as I want inside of AE when I play it, but once I render it, monospacer seems to be gone? why? it just resets to normal characters following kerning.. but when I view it in AE the expression is on?? 
    Hi Vanja

Are you rendering via AE or AME? Please open a support ticket so we can get to the bottom of the issue. 
  • Problem with rendering colons (like in a countdown clock) Dots do not line up vertically
  • Problem with rendering colons (like in a countdown clock) Dots do not line up vertically
    Hi Mitchell

In this case increase the Y thresholding a lot, and possibly the X thresholding. Please see here for more info:

If you're still having trouble please open a support ticket and we will assist.