• Should Rift work with time stretched layers? - i.e., if you right click on a layer, go to time -> time stretch, type in 200%, and then using Rift move the layer start point 100 frames, it won't actually start 100 frames later.
  • Couldn't get your script to run. It says that preferred size is undefined on line 1. Fix please :\
  • Great script! It was perfect for what I needed. Only issue is when I try to dock it with the other panels, AE crashes. Version 13.8.0.144 of After Effects, running version 10.11.5 of OSX El Capitan.
  • Hi Michael--again thank you tons for such an amazing script.

Is there are way to multiply (reflect) instead of just add/subtract (shift) keyframes? Thanks!

Tom

• Is this script compatible with CC2017 (Windows 10)?
  • Great script!, But when I try to Dock the Rift Panel in any workspace it just won't do. Any solution? Thanks.
  • I'm getting an error when trying to use Rift in CC2017 whenever I try to move keyframes only without moving layers: Instead of how it used to work, it now does not move keyframes, but deletes the selected keyframes on the top layer of the group I selected. However, moving layers with keyframes seems to work as usual. Any plans for future CC2017 support, or a bug fix? Thanks for making such an essential script!
  • I'm getting an error when trying to use Rift in CC2017 whenever I try to move keyframes only without moving layers: Instead of how it used to work, it now does not move keyframes, but deletes the selected keyframes on the top layer of the group I selected. However, moving layers with keyframes seems to work as usual. Any plans for future CC2017 support, or a bug fix? Thanks for making such an essential script!

I think I've seen the same thing just the other day

• Why is it that the only Key Align buttons that work are the align to scrubber buttons? I would LOVE to align to IN or OUT points.
    Looks like it DOES work, but only with the "affects all keys" option. I'd rather not move everything, but at least there's that.
    I found out the problem: You must put the keyframes on 1 layer out point first, the remaining layers will then use that layer as a reference.
  • Paul Gale said:
    I'm getting an error when trying to use Rift in CC2017 whenever I try to move keyframes only without moving layers: Instead of how it used to work, it now does not move keyframes, but deletes the selected keyframes on the top layer of the group I selected. However, moving layers with keyframes seems to work as usual. Any plans for future CC2017 support, or a bug fix? Thanks for making such an essential script!
    I think I've seen the same thing just the other day
    Same thing is happening to me.
  • I have 2 versions of AE.  AE CC and AE CC2015.3.  In CC, Rift works fine.  In CC2015.3, I get this error message whenever I try to run the script:

any thoughts?

• Is there a way to use rift, or another suggested method, on multiple keyframes on one layer? I have a layer that I had an expression on, converted the expression to keyframes, now there is a keyframe on every frame and I would like to sequence the keyframes based on a curve. If you, or anyone has suggestions on making this happen give me a shout! Thanks!
  • Is anyone else having an issue after the latest After effects update (14.2.0.198) where the drop down for easeing in and out a sequence just gets stuck on linear? 
  • Is anyone else having an issue after the latest After effects update (14.2.0.198) where the drop down for easeing in and out a sequence just gets stuck on linear? 
    I haven't noticed that, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the layer and keyframe offset functions to work, like at all.
  • doesn't work for me either. damn!
    Yeah, same here.  If I stagger a group of Keyfframes, they turn linear.  is there a fix for this?

EDIT: its not just the selected keyframes but every keyframe of the selected property.  
  • Got a new function add-on that would be nice for rift. Essentially being able to shift keyframes  on a single layer sequentially. Kind of like how you could take like 10 keyframes on a single layer and rove across time then place a ease ease keyframe at the end which would create a ramp of the keyframes. Does that make sense?
  • Damn, I only found out about this script after I wrote my own. I hear you about no native keyframe moving function. What I can't understand is why, in a program that's all about the keyframes, there is no Keyframe object accessible to scripts.
  • Pity this died so early in its life...no CC2014-18
    Not working...
    RIP.
  • Please update for CC18 this script saves so much time! Doesn't work with Shape Layers at all now it seems :(
  • Hoping Michael still keeps tabs here. I just posted a question on Creative Cow with my question as I think it would be a bit long to post here.

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/1127853

Replies here or on the COW would be fine.
  • Crap, I guess I should remember to read the comments before buying. Just came here to figure out what I was doing wrong as nothing seems to be working.
  • Is this working with CC 2019?
  • Is this working with CC 2019?
    It doesn't work with 2018 so likely no.
  • Thanks for this wonderful script. Its development does not deserve to be abandoned, updates are not developed since December 2013, I do not know if an update is necessary.
  • An idea to add functionality to this script. Your script wonderfully sequences keyframes on layers. But, can you add the functionality of sequencing keyframes on a single layer (single property)? That would be awesome. for example, so i can lay keyframes out on a position move using the "arrange - sequence - Ascending - Quint. Thanks
  • Agreed.

I had a specific task I was trying to accomplish & Rift almost could do it but not in as controllable way that I needed.  Kind of a guessing game to get a specific timing.  Not trying to rain on Michael's parade, Rift still does other things very well, a recent script was able to do what I needed:

• Although this script hasn't been updated since 2013, it's a very useful tool and it still works in AE CC 2019.
  • An idea to add functionality to this script. Your script wonderfully sequences keyframes on layers. But, can you add the functionality of sequencing keyframes on a single layer (single property)? That would be awesome. for example, so i can lay keyframes out on a position move using the "arrange - sequence - Ascending - Quint. Thanks
    Check out foxRetimer for this: https://aescripts.com/foxretimer/
  • This still works for me in 2019. Not sure what other people are experiencing. 
    If Michael ever updates this, I'd add a 'work area' checkbox under the Time Affect section. I use this for retiming things a lot and have to adjust the work area after retiming. Would save that extra step. 
  • It was working in CC 2019 for me, but all of the sudden it stopped working? Anyway, I was able to get foxRetimer and it performed wonderfully for what I wanted to do (https://aescripts.com/foxretimer/).
  • Hola, feature request.

I requested a feature over on the LAZY 2 scripts, but it seems they still have not implemented it. and its been awhile. maybe this is more of a Rift feature.
    Check out below:
    ----
    Is there anyway to add the functionality of pinching keyframes on a single animated parameter? not multiple layers, but just one single parameter, for example the position parameter. for example like this:

It's essential rearranging the keyframes to new spacing or sequencing them.
    let me know?
  • Damn I miss Rift.
  • Hola, feature request.

Add a button for just selecting keyframes ahead of scrubber or behind. on single or multiple layers.

Thanks
  • For everyone that says Rift does not work.. heres the solution I found and have mentioned this for keysmith as it was doing the same problem... works inCC018/2019 and CC2020. the problem is actualy caused by having certain script panels open in your interface at the same time as Rift and causes some weird issue where no buttons or controls appear or just empty. You need to figure out witch other script is causing the conflict.. sucks but you need to have rift open first then start docking each of your other scripts one by one and reload AE till you find witch one when both are docked on reload causes the error.. only took like 15 min for me to figure out  Lipsyncr 2 was the problem out of 30 scripts dock on my interface. So since I don't use that script very often I just don't dock it and load it only when I need it.

Hope this helps for others getting this issue

• When I use the randomize option all the keyframes nudge the same distance, instead of "shuffling".

Any way I can solve that? Thank you.
  • When I use the randomize option all the keyframes nudge the same distance, instead of "shuffling".

Any way I can solve that? Thank you.

Open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

• Select all the keyframes dragging the end keyframe while holding alt/option.

Hola, feature request.

I requested a feature over on the LAZY 2 scripts, but it seems they still have not implemented it. and its been awhile. maybe this is more of a Rift feature.
    Check out below:
    ----
    Is there anyway to add the functionality of pinching keyframes on a single animated parameter? not multiple layers, but just one single parameter, for example the position parameter. for example like this:

It's essential rearranging the keyframes to new spacing or sequencing them.
    let me know?

• Hey there! I'm using CC2020 and upon loading the script I get the error message "Unable to execute script at line 163. null is not an object". Any idea how to fix this?
  • Hey there! I'm using CC2020 and upon loading the script I get the error message "Unable to execute script at line 163. null is not an object". Any idea how to fix this?

Close and undock all scripts and restart AE. Then only run Rift.
  • Hi Michael, Thanks for the powerful tool. Just started using it. Unfortunately, I'm having a problem where the layer isn't shifting and keyframes are disappearing. It may have to do with layers where the position property is separated?

Below are my settings and before and after shots (see the y position keys disappear).:

Before:

After:image
    Is this a bug or a user error?

Thanks,

Michael K

I'm on:
    Rift v 1.4.2
    AE 17.5.1 build 47
    PC
    My composition is big with 83 layers and many many keyframes, hence the reason I sought out your script!

Screenshot 2020-12-30 Before.png
    1608 x 402 - 102K
    Screenshot 2020-12-30 After.png
    1903 x 406 - 124K
    Screenshot 2020-12-30 Rift Panel.png
    282 x 533 - 30K
  • Amazing script. It's tools like these that need to be a core feature of AE. Thanks for your contribution!
  • This is literally the single most useful script I've ever used for After Effects, I used it every day. Now, I've upgraded to Big Sur and the newest Creative Cloud and it's crashing when I invoke the script. I don't know why the simple task of adding space between keyframes isn't part of the standard After Effects toolset. Any chance to get this working on new systems? I'd pay to have it updated.
  • This is literally the single most useful script I've ever used for After Effects, I used it every day. Now, I've upgraded to Big Sur and the newest Creative Cloud and it's crashing when I invoke the script. I don't know why the simple task of adding space between keyframes isn't part of the standard After Effects toolset. Any chance to get this working on new systems? I'd pay to have it updated.
    Not sure if this is the same problem I had with AE 17.7. - turns out it was the "Legacy UI" -setting that I had enabled in Rift and other script panels. Resetting the preferences file on startup solved this, since it turned this setting off in all my workspaces.

If I turn "Legacy UI" back on in Rift or other panels, AE crashes again.
  • Hi, there is an issue when i use the option "Affect layer points and keyframes after the scrubber" with a layer's Position separated dimensions (XYZ), the script does not work as it should. Instead, it deletes the keyframes for this properties.

• Hey there! I'm using 17.5.1 and upon loading the script I get the error message "Unable to execute script at line 163. null is not an object". Any idea how to fix this?
  • Hey there! I'm using 17.5.1 and upon loading the script I get the error message "Unable to execute script at line 163. null is not an object". Any idea how to fix this?
    Close and undock all scripts and restart AE. Then only run Rift.  In case it is helpful, other users have specifically reported that these scripts have been the culprit: "Ae Juice pack manager" and "Motion bro", so please uninstall them if you have them installed.
    If you are on mac and using Dropbox please also check this faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/dropbox-macos-warning/
    I don't know how to do that. Acutally I did it and nothing happend