• Bought the script yesterday, worked like a charm in CC19.  Today, it's no longer adding "out" animations to any combination of selections in the "Animation" section of the panel.  Is there a fix for this?
    Hey David- 

Usually when we hear the words  "stop animating" like that, it means you changed the name of the comp or the layers and confused the expressions...you can just change it back and it should work.

But if thats not it, open up a ticket and send us a project and we'll check it out.
    -oz
  • okay great addon and all but what really annoys me is the way the boxes change dimensions based in whether a line has a character which goes below the line of text, like lowercase g, y, or j, or whether it is entirely letters which dont do that. an easy workaround is to only use all caps text, which never does this, but then if you use commas in your text you will have messy boxes of different dimensions. maybe you could make some kind of patch to solve this in an update. thanks
  • The blocks in Polish language are inconsistent. Is there a way to fix that?image

POLISH "ogonki"

Kościół jest jedynym w Polsce

podmiotem wyłączonym

z obowiązku prowadzenia

rachunkowości w zakresie

swojej statutowej działalności

Without "ogonki"

KoSciOL jest jedynym w Polsce

podmiotem wyLAczonym

z obowiAzku prowadzenia

rachunkowoSci w zakresie

swojej statutowej dziaLalnoSci

• The blocks in Polish language are inconsistent. Is there a way to fix that?image

POLISH "ogonki"

Kościół jest jedynym w Polsce

podmiotem wyłączonym

z obowiązku prowadzenia

rachunkowości w zakresie

swojej statutowej działalności

Without "ogonki"

KoSciOL jest jedynym w Polsce

podmiotem wyLAczonym

z obowiAzku prowadzenia

rachunkowoSci w zakresie

swojej statutowej dziaLalnoSci

Hi Robert- the image wasnt attached for some reason - not sure about Polish, but you can always try opening the subcomp and adjusting the text in there...have you tried that?
  • Hello.
    It seems Monkey Bars does'nt work anymore with the AE 2020 Update.
    What can we do?

Thanks, Christian
  • Hello.
    It seems Monkey Bars does'nt work anymore with the AE 2020 Update.
    What can we do?

Thanks, Christian
    Hey Christian...it should work. Please open a support ticket and we'll figure out whats up.
  • I also had trouble with 2020, when opening existing projects - the plugin made the text comps fine but the scripts didn't work any more. If I instead started a new project, and import the old one into this - then working again.
  • I also had trouble with 2020, when opening existing projects - the plugin made the text comps fine but the scripts didn't work any more. If I instead started a new project, and import the old one into this - then working again.
    Hey Chris- we found an issue with Javascript in 2020...we just posted a fix, but you can also try this...

File>Project Settings>Expressions, change it to Legacy JavaScript....

see if that works.
  • Fab - thanks Orrin for the speedy turnaround!
    I also had trouble with 2020, when opening existing projects - the plugin made the text comps fine but the scripts didn't work any more. If I instead started a new project, and import the old one into this - then working again.
    Hey Chris- we found an issue with Javascript in 2020...we just posted a fix, but you can also try this...

File>Project Settings>Expressions, change it to Legacy JavaScript....

see if that works.

• Hi Orrin. I have a client that is rebranding several videos that I used MB on - can you let me know (or point me in the right direction) how to change colors of text & boxes in an existing MB comp? I'm only seeing the transform options in the line controls, so I'm sure I'm missing something.Thanks!
  • Hey Kevin, so theres a couple ways (asside from just rebuilding it):

1) The bars are just solids, so you can go into the project window and open the solid folder, select the one you want to change, and then use the Solid Setting control to do that

2) Open up the MonkeyBars comp, unshy it and change the layers manually (maybe apply a fill effect would be the quickest way).

Hope that helps.

-oz
  • Thanks again for the great tool. Quick cheeky request, would it be possible to add an 'UPDATE COMP NAME' command, if the comp name gets changed, to keep the scripts connected and working? I'm thinking you'd apply it by selecting the Monkey Bars comp, click 'update name' and the script would conform the selected Monkey Bars comp to the current comp.
    I've got a project with the wrong name, and now I can't change it before exporting multiple versions without the Bars getting broken.
    Cheers!
  • Leading doesn't seem to be working properly when I generate bars in POLISH language. There are accents called "ogonki" and the text leading looks wrong.
  • Leading doesn't seem to be working properly when I generate bars in POLISH language. There are accents called "ogonki" and the text leading looks wrong.
    Hey Robert- Sorry to hear that....can you open a support ticket and send me a still of what you're looking at - I might be able to suggest a workaround.
    Thx

-oz
  • Why does renaming a MonkeyBar prevent the animation?
  • Why does renaming a MonkeyBar prevent the animation?

Hey Jonathan- It’s because the name of the comp is referenced in the expression, so when you change it, it breaks it. To fix, just changed it back.
  • Hey Jonathan- It’s because the name of the comp is referenced in the expression, so when you change it, it breaks it. To fix, just changed it back.
    Ok, I thought it might be something like that. Is it possible to change the name in the expression as well? Once I get half a dozen or more MonkeyBars in a video (they are so incredibly useful), it's not easy remembering which is which, so it would be great to be able to name them.
  • Ok, I thought it might be something like that. Is it possible to change the name in the expression as well? Once I get half a dozen or more MonkeyBars in a video (they are so incredibly useful), it's not easy remembering which is which, so it would be great to be able to name them.
    I'm afraid not...and even if there was dit would talke a lot less work to just rebuild it. Sorry!
  • Is there any easy workflow to use Monkey Bars in Premiere Pro? Thanks!
  • Hi, I downloaded the trial version, seems like an incredible product. Is it possible to do subscript after entering any text? Tried it out but seems like it's not possible...
  • Hi, I downloaded the trial version, seems like an incredible product. Is it possible to do subscript after entering any text? Tried it out but seems like it's not possible...
    Hey Winston- 
    You can edit the text manually by opening up the precomp and then unshying it...then you can edit it like any normal text layer.

Hope that helps
  • HI, thanks for the script, it seems there's a light issue with color management. Each time I pick up a color, or enter the values, the rendering is a bit darker. It's problematic in order to follow color chart from my customers. Have you any idea of what happens ?
  • HI, thanks for the script, it seems there's a light issue with color management. Each time I pick up a color, or enter the values, the rendering is a bit darker. It's problematic in order to follow color chart from my customers. Have you any idea of what happens ?

Hey Guillaume- can you open a support ticket and send us an example (frame grab and ae file) of the problem? Thanks! Oz
  • What a great tool! Right up until the point you want to change the colors. Why would you choose the the Windows95 color picker instead of After Effects color picker? I really need to be able to use HEX values or a color dropper to select colors. I have read the work arounds, but for the benefit of your customers, please fix this.
  • What a great tool! Right up until the point you want to change the colors. Why would you choose the the Windows Color picker instead of After Effects color picker? I really need to be able to use HEX values or a color dropper to select colors. I have read the work arounds, but for the benefit of your customers, please fix this.

Sadly not our choice…it was our only option.
  • Worked great until all of them broke toward the end of a project just now... redoing all my titles after it was pointed out to me by the client.