Network Clipboard 2
  • I can't wait to try this out. Is there any way to resize the graphic in the UI so I can make this smaller?
  • Thanks. I hope you find it useful :)

I've had some feedback on this and will be including an option in the next update to either hide or shrink it.
  • Thanks! That would be much appreciated!
  • Hey there,

With Network Clipboard 2, are you able to copy After Effects keyframe data and paste it into Cinema 4D tracks?
  • With Clipboard 2 you can copy a layer with animation on it and paste it into C4D and it will retain its animation.

You could then parent to it or copy its tracks to your desired C4D objects from there.

All tracks are baked in the the transfer and you will likely want to scale the pasted objects up 100x.

The ability to copy properties/tracks/channels directly was removed after version 1 as it was confusing and a little buggy.
  • Hi - will this be updated to work with the newer versions of Houdini (currently at 18)? Thanks.
  • I haven't had a chance to test with 18 yet but ideally yes. I can't give a timeline for that at this stage though.

• Hi! I snap clipboard's panel in cinema 4D to interface and save as Startup Layout, but after restart cinema 4d there is text "plugin not found" on the panel. What's wrong? Cinema 4D R21
  • I believe this is a limitation of C4d python plugins. The windows/panels are built dynamically and therefore don't exist until the script is run.
  • I believe this is a limitation of C4d python plugins. The windows/panels are built dynamically and therefore don't exist until the script is run.
    But other plug-ins show...
  • Just go this. Did a copy paste and the colors are all out of whack. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
    orange tursn to a hard red
    baby blue to turns to deep blue
    white turned to green
    it looks like default RGB weird...
  • Axe Igo said:
    I believe this is a limitation of C4d python plugins. The windows/panels are built dynamically and therefore don't exist until the script is run.
    But other plug-ins show...
    C++ plugins won't have this issue.
    There is possibly a way around it for python plugins but I am not certain.

When the script is launched it calls a function to build the UI. Therefore until the script is launched the UI doesn't exist.
  • Just go this. Did a copy paste and the colors are all out of whack. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
    orange tursn to a hard red
    baby blue to turns to deep blue
    white turned to green
    it looks like default RGB weird...
    I haven't see this issue before.
    I'm assuming you're talking about copying/pasting between two instances of After Effects?

It sounds like it's possibly a colour space issue. Are the two projects using different colour spaces or bit depths?

The script is basically doing a reduce project on copy and an import on paste. So you can inspect the copied file in the clipboard directory or try importing it directly and see if the issue persists.
  • Hi - will this be updated to work with the newer versions of Houdini (currently at 18)? Thanks.
    I've just done some quick testing and everything seems to work fine in the latest version (18.0.348) apart from LOPS and TOPS.
    I'll have to add support for those when I get the chance
  • Needs support of Houdini 18. I got error.

• I'm interested in this for Houdini 18 as well, so would appreciate hearing if things are working there yet, or if not, if there's an anticipated (though tentative) timeline. Thanks.
  • Needs support of Houdini 18. I got error.

Hey Alexander, could you give me some more info? What error do you get? And is the error preventing the clipboard window from launching or is it preventing some of the functionality within the tool?
  • I'm interested in this for Houdini 18 as well, so would appreciate hearing if things are working there yet, or if not, if there's an anticipated (though tentative) timeline. Thanks.
    I haven't had any issues with Houdini 18 apart from Lops or Tops not being supported. Unless something has changed in a newer version? I'll try to have a look soon to confirm.

Edit: Super quick test on 18.0.416 and everything seems to work fine.
  • Hi, for some reason my license has been switched to 'floating server' - is there a way to switch it back to 'single user' license?
  • Hi, for some reason my license has been switched to 'floating server' - is there a way to switch it back to 'single user' license?
    Hi David,
    I just saw your support ticket and have forwarded it on to the admin team.
    Cheers
  • Hello! Please add scale factor to AE part. I try to copy/paste camera from AE to C4D but it doesn't work. I do this by export to fbx from AE part and import it back to C4D but scale factor is difference. 
  • Incrediblleeeeeee thank you soooo much from an avid Houdini User. Collaboration is so easy with this thing
  • Incrediblleeeeeee thank you soooo much from an avid Houdini User. Collaboration is so easy with this thing
    Thanks! I'm so glad you've found it useful :)
    Any chance we could get some support for Solaris ? LOPs nodes?? No rush on anything by any means!! love the script just work in solaris often with buddies
    Any chance we could get some support for Solaris ? LOPs nodes?? No rush on anything by any means!! love the script just work in solaris often with buddies

I've been meaning to look at that for a while now. I'll try and get an update out with it tomorrow :)
    2.2 update is up now.
    Lops and Tops should work now :)
    2.2 update is up now.
    Lops and Tops should work now :)
    You're an actual angel
  • The best workflow-related AE purchase I've made in years! Makes copying between two instances of AE so easy.
  • Hello! When you add compatibility to Cinema 4D R24 and other? I can't work well..
  • Excellen plugin well done ! Is C4D R23 (or further) support planned ?
    thanks
  • The best workflow-related AE purchase I've made in years! Makes copying between two instances of AE so easy.
    Thanks! I'm so glad you find it useful :)
  • Axe Igo said:
    Hello! When you add compatibility to Cinema 4D R24 and other? I can't work well..

Excellen plugin well done ! Is C4D R23 (or further) support planned ?
    thanks
    This will require updating to python3, which is on my to do list (as is Maya support).
    I can't give a solid timeframe on that though. Just had a new baby and they're very demanding of my time haha.

• Axe Igo said:
    Hello! When you add compatibility to Cinema 4D R24 and other? I can't work well..

thanks
    This will require updating to python3, which is on my to do list (as is Maya support).
    I can't give a solid timeframe on that though. Just had a new baby and they're very demanding of my time haha.

Ok, thanks for the quick answer (and mostly : congrats !!). Baby goes first, i'm buying the script anyway, the update will wait !
  • Hello, could you elaborate what the AE FBX support is about?  Is that separate from the copy/paste ability to move from a 3D program to AE?  Is it an additional way to bring elements in?  And does it require addition plugins (like Trapcode Form) to display FBX elements or does it use the Native Cinema4D renderer inside AE?
  • Hello, could you elaborate what the AE FBX support is about?  Is that separate from the copy/paste ability to move from a 3D program to AE?  Is it an additional way to bring elements in?  And does it require addition plugins (like Trapcode Form) to display FBX elements or does it use the Native Cinema4D renderer inside AE?
    If you have the option "Create Exchange Files" turned on then when you copy something it will also save an fbx file. This is what allows the different apps to copy between each other.

You can also directly import or export fbx files as well if you want to deal with files outside the Clipboard structure.

There are no additional plugins required as this is a custom extendscript fbx interpreter that I wrote specifically for this script. However it's not designed for displaying geometry, it's designed to give you access to the transforms. Cameras, lights and nulls will be imported as they are but geometry will be imported as 100x100px solids.

The fbx interpreter only works with fbx ascii files and it can be a little slow and buggy. It's not perfect by any means, but it does the job.
    With this in mind if you're specifically looking for solid fbx support I would recommend FBXtoAE Pro
  • Axe Igo said:

thanks

Just posted an update to v2.2.1, support for C4D up to R24 added. Sorry it took me so long.
    Let me know if you have any issues with it.
    I hope you find it useful! :)
  • Any support for AE 2022 coming soon? That script is a lifesaver, missing it dearly at the moment!
  • Any support for AE 2022 coming soon? That script is a lifesaver, missing it dearly at the moment!
    Sorry, I just hadn't found the time to test it. It seems to work perfectly though.
    I've updated the compatibility info so it should be good to go :)
  • Good afternoon. Is support planned for Houdini 19 ? For now I have an error. 
  • Good afternoon. Is support planned for Houdini 19 ? For now I have an error. 
    Support is definitely planned however I haven't had a chance to look at Houdini 19 yet.
    I likely won't have the time until the new year.
  •  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the script... I see the updated compatibility, but when I try to run it in AE 22, mouse cursor turns for a sec on the watch icon and then nothing. The panel just won't open. 
  •  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the script... I see the updated compatibility, but when I try to run it in AE 22, mouse cursor turns for a sec on the watch icon and then nothing. The panel just won't open. 
    Interesting. I can confirm it works fine on PC, I'll investigate the Mac side of things when I get the chance and get back to you.
  • Hi Matt,  i dont understand how to export animation mask or shape layer animation from Ae to Houdini.
    how do i recreate your effect of the animated masks in after and copied in houdini? are they animated shape layers or are they masks? thanks
  • Hi Matt,  i dont understand how to export animation mask or shape layer animation from Ae to Houdini.
    how do i recreate your effect of the animated masks in after and copied in houdini? are they animated shape layers or are they masks? thanks
    Hey Antonio.
    Masks are maintained when copying to and from After Effects, however they are not supported for exchange between other apps.
    For my demo I used animated shape layers.

Nulls, cameras and lights are exported as they are, all other layers are exported as planes/grids.
  • "2.4.0  (Current version)  -  Apr 26,

Bug fix - C4D Help UI failing to load"

Still failing to load!

• "2.4.0  (Current version)  -  Apr 26,

Bug fix - C4D Help UI failing to load"

Still failing to load!

Sorry to hear that. Please create a support ticket and we'll see what we can do.

For clarification the bugs fixed so far related to bad config paths (likely from changed usernames) and a licensing framework issue.

Hopefully we can track down whatever your issue is also.
  • Doesn't support copying only keyframes in After Effects.
  • Doesn't support copying only keyframes in After Effects.
    That functionality did exist in version 1, however it was removed for simplicity, and to help standardise the process of copying between DCCs.

If you want to only copy keys in AE then the current process is to copy and paste the layer that the keys are on, then you can copy the keys from there as normal.
  • Hello Matt,
    are there any plans to update for Cinema 4d 2023? Maybe it is just an issue on my side but I can't get the plugin to load in C4D 2023 (won't show up in 'Extensions'). Compatibility says it is available for 2023 but in 'Version History' there is only a mention for fixes to R25.
  • Long Tran said:
    Hello Matt,
    are there any plans to update for Cinema 4d 2023? Maybe it is just an issue on my side but I can't get the plugin to load in C4D 2023 (won't show up in 'Extensions'). Compatibility says it is available for 2023 but in 'Version History' there is only a mention for fixes to R25.
    Sorry to hear that. If you file a support ticket I can try and get to the bottom of it when I get the chance.