Rename and Change Toolkit for Premiere Pro
  • is there any way to batch-delete parts of Filenames (e.g. i want to delete the ".wav" of "filename.wav") is that possible?
  • Hi, Simon! 
    There is no deletion function in our extension (but we will think about how to implement it in future versions). But you have several options:
    1. Using “search and rename” find “.wav” and replace this word simply by putting a space in the new name (the main thing is not to forget then that there is a space). Or enter "." Instead of a space. "Search and rename" can work among the selected files, it can help.
    2. You can completely replace the file name if you need to make many identical names - rename "filename.wav" to "filename". Sometimes it helps))
  • Hi!
    Do your extension work only with CC 2019 or it also compatible with CC 2017?
  • Hi!
    Do your extension work only with CC 2019 or it also compatible with CC 2017?
    Hi, Viktor! It's work only in CC 2019, because Adobe added the necessary functions only there. The extension will start in the 2017 version, but only the renaming functions will work, and not all.
  • What are the limitations of the trial?
  • What are the limitations of the trial?
    hi! 
    - add "TRIAL" word to the item's name after Rename
    - change resolution only to 1280x720 and framerate to 60fps
  • I am using the changer feature, but nothing changes. I selected all my sequences and then input the new resolution. When I click, nothing happens. Please help. I am using CC 2020
  • I am using the changer feature, but nothing changes. I selected all my sequences and then input the new resolution. When I click, nothing happens. Please help. I am using CC 2020
    Hi Matt! I sent you an email, but I’ll duplicate the answer.

This can happen in several situations:
    1. Adobe cannot teach Premiere Pro to correctly define an active project for extensions, so if you have several projects open, there may be problems. It always works well for the first single open. We hope they fix it sometime in new versions.
    2. You have the "Bin" window open - that is, double-clicked the folder. Unfortunately, Adobe does not allow scripts to work with this window, but everything works fine in the "Project" window. Look at my screencast, you will understand what I mean. https://youtu.be/TRGCKvfwU-I
    I apologize, but we can only work in the "Project" window, so make all the changes in it :( 
    We will add this feature as soon as Adobe presents this opportunity. 

Write to me if this does not help you, and please send a screencast.
  • Hi Tony,

Just trying out your trial.  It seems that if I set a suffix it will always add a preceding zero.  Example--I need to create the following succession of sequence names:

UP450215
    UP450216
    UP450217
    UP450218
    UP450219
    UP450220

In "search and rename" I leave the source blank, check "complete rename" and enter the common base of "UP4502".  If I select "set suffix numbering from" to "15", what I get is:

UP4502015
    UP4502016
    UP4502017
    UP4502018
    UP4502019
    UP4502020

How do I avoid this behaviour?  Why would it assume I want a preceding zero?  Thanks!  :)

• Hi Tony,

Just trying out your trial.  It seems that if I set a suffix it will always add a preceding zero.  Example--I need to create the following succession of sequence names:

UP450215
    UP450216
    UP450217
    UP450218
    UP450219
    UP450220

In "search and rename" I leave the source blank, check "complete rename" and enter the common base of "UP4502".  If I select "set suffix numbering from" to "15", what I get is:

UP4502015
    UP4502016
    UP4502017
    UP4502018
    UP4502019
    UP4502020

How do I avoid this behaviour?  Why would it assume I want a preceding zero?  Thanks!  :)

Hi Jason!
    I wrote you an email, but dublicate my answer here.

I do not fully understand what you want to do.
    With your case, I get this result: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2tu6/2Nv6HqfhS
    Perhaps the trial version has some kind of bug, but still write me- what do you want to get after renaming?
    If you need to complete rename items containing "UP4502" in name: 
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2N4w/4PxxWsvdr but need to write "space" in second line. Also you can set prefix instead of suffix.

We add an extra 0 only if the number of suffix / prefix is from 1 to 9.
    Also, we always add "_" before the suffix or after the prefix to separate it from the name.
  • Hi Tony,

Would be possible to change the Sequence's names takingthem from a selected file? Like XML or Excel?

• Hi Tony, Would be possible to change the Sequence's names takingthem from a selected file? Like XML or Excel?
    Hello! We think about it, but have not yet decided how it should work. How would you like this function to work?
  • Downloaded the trial for Premiere 2020- the renamer works just fine but the sequence changer (The feature I'm truly looking for) doesn't appear to be functioning. I'd purchase immediately if the resolution changer worked with 2020.
  • I have only successfully used CHANGER one time. Every other time I get nothing to work. I think I should get a refund since this is not working. The idea is great, but the function is not there.
  • I have only successfully used CHANGER one time. Every other time I get nothing to work. I think I should get a refund since this is not working. The idea is great, but the function is not there.
    Hi Matt! Now we have problems due to Adobe updates and some features may not work in Premiere 14.0.2 an higher. We received an official response from Adobe that they really disrupted some of the functions that we used to make our extension work. They are working to fix this (we are really looking forward to this).

What can you do now for everything to work:

Display the Console using <ctrl>-<f12> (Win) or <cmd>-<f12> (MacOS X),  Use the 'hamburger' menu to set the view to Debug Database.

Set 'ScriptLayerPPro.EnableNewWorld' to false and restart Premiere. 

This should work, but let me know if that doesn't work.

• I think you will encounter the problem if you rename the video clips especially If you want to change the video clips in your timeline.
  • Hello Tony!
    I'd like to ask you to add to this extension function, which allow to change number of zeros for prefix and suffix.
    And also I'd like to have possibility to change do I want to add "_" symbol or not.

Function for renaming from Excel sheet, text file or CSV also would be useful.
    A lot of options for batch renaming you can implement from functionality of "batch renaming for total commander" or similar batch renamer.

Thank you!
  • Hello Tony!
    I'd like to ask you to add to this extension function, which allow to change number of zeros for prefix and suffix.
    And also I'd like to have possibility to change do I want to add "_" symbol or not.

Function for renaming from Excel sheet, text file or CSV also would be useful.
    A lot of options for batch renaming you can implement from functionality of "batch renaming for total commander" or similar batch renamer.

Thank you!
    Hi Victor! thanks for the ideas!
    We have already made the settings for zero and underline, but we can’t upload this version to the site because Adobe broke several of our functions in the 2020 version (for example, changing the FPS), now we are waiting for them to fix it.

Tell me, how do you see the work with CSV? Does the total commander also work with CSV?
    You can write it on our email [email protected] and maybe in Russian, if it’s more convenient for you (looking at the name I thought about it)
  • Rename and Change Toolkit is an incredible time-saver! 

It works just as described and is really easy to use. Thanks!

• Rename and Change Toolkit is an incredible time-saver! 

It works just as described and is really easy to use. Thanks!

thanks! We are glad that this is useful for you!
  • hello any news regarding CC2020 compatilbility ? The fix doesn't seem to work it only rename the bin instead of the clip...

Cheers
  • hello any news regarding CC2020 compatilbility ? The fix doesn't seem to work it only rename the bin instead of the clip...

Cheers
    Hello! About CC2020 -  we have support tickets for Adobe, but they still haven't fixed anything.
    What do you mean "bin instead of the clip"? Our extension works with items in the Project window
  • I can't rename items inside the project panel, i can only remane bin directory (the folders) in CC2020 ...
    hello any news regarding CC2020 compatilbility ? The fix doesn't seem to work it only rename the bin instead of the clip...

Cheers
    Hello! About CC2020 -  we have support tickets for Adobe, but they still haven't fixed anything.
    What do you mean "bin instead of the clip"? Our extension works with items in the Project window

• I can't rename items inside the project panel, i can only remane bin directory (the folders) in CC2020 ...
    hello any news regarding CC2020 compatilbility ? The fix doesn't seem to work it only rename the bin instead of the clip...

Cheers

Could you make a screencast?
  • So I followed the disable of the 'NewWorld' so I can see the plugin. Fantastic! 

However, the Search and Rename does not seem to do anything when I try to use them.  I select the sequences I want to change in the project window, Enter in the data in the app. Press 'rename'.  Nothing.  I've even fully uninstalled and re-installed the plugin to see if that would fix it.   

Premiere 15.0
    Rename and change toolkit 1.04
  • So I followed the disable of the 'NewWorld' so I can see the plugin. Fantastic! 

However, the Search and Rename does not seem to do anything when I try to use them.  I select the sequences I want to change in the project window, Enter in the data in the app. Press 'rename'.  Nothing.  I've even fully uninstalled and re-installed the plugin to see if that would fix it.   

Premiere 15.0

Hi Alyssa!
    Do you use Mac or PC? Did it work for you in earlier versions of Premiere?
  • tony reek said:
    So I followed the disable of the 'NewWorld' so I can see the plugin. Fantastic! 

Premiere 15.0
    Hi Alyssa!

tony reek said:

Premiere 15.0
    Hi Alyssa!

PC currently with 2021 version of Premiere, I tend to always keep up with the update cycle and noticed the plugin starting to malfunction in the early4th Quarter of last year.  Then you could still rename but the resize and fps change functionality had broke.  Once I updated to 2021 it has ceased even with the current suggested tweaks through the console database.  

[UPDATE:]I'd like to amend this. With some experimentation, it seems that it does work initially on program launch! But there is some reason that it ceases after a while until I refresh the UI by resetting to a saved layout or something. Then it starts to work again. I have not figured out what happens that causes it to breakdown yet.

• tony reek said:

Premiere 15.0

Hi Alyssa!

tony reek said:

Premiere 15.0

Hi Alyssa!

We have noticed similar problems when more than one project is opened. But even if you then close all projects except one, the problem may remain. We've been waiting for changes in developer tools for over a year now, but they don't fix it. Sorry, but so far this is the only way it works. 
  • How come there is no option to rename only selected clips ?! This is crucial feature! 
  • How come there is no option to rename only selected clips ?! This is crucial feature! 
    We have this feature. We also have a "Rename It" plugin with more advanced renaming options and support for new Premiere versions.
  • tony reek said:
    How come there is no option to rename only selected clips ?! This is crucial feature! 
    We have this feature. We also have a "Rename It" plugin with more advanced renaming options and support for new Premiere versions.
    The title here is clearly missleading. Refunding... 
  • I'm working in PPro 2022 (NewWorld dissabled), in a TEAM project with thousands of multicam sequences. I need to change the projects resolution, so your script is a life saver. But... changing the setting takes about 10sec per sequence. Is that normal? Is there a way to speed up the process? Thanks!