• Great work!!!
  • Thank you Rigel!
  • This script is incredible. AE's text-animator system is so incredibly un-intuitive and ugly. This script makes animating text smooth and simple– this type of interface should be native in After Effects. Thanks! The only thing I'd ask for future updates would be speed, as it seemed to slow down once I started creating a few different animations. But still worked very well overall– this is really an awesome tool.

Question– if I need to hand-off a project, will my text animation be editable for someone else who doesn't have the script (or still work)?
    Thanks!
  • Thank you for the feedback!
    It can be a little slow depending on the number of element (letters, words or lines) and number of simultaneously text layers. It's due the number of expressions going on, every element have a very long expression for every property (position, scale, etc).

I'm working in ways to optimize it, and the After Effects is modernizing the expression engine, so I'm optimistic that it will be faster in the future.

The project will always work, but if you need to change the text, and it's longer than before, you should reapply Simple Text.

You can increase manually duplicating the animators, just unfold the text property and hit Ctrl+D in the last 'letter' animator.

Thank you again.

• Ugh, yeah I discovered the slowdown issue the hard way. May have to redo part of my project because it's taxing my system so much. I even bought a brand new MBP hoping it would solve the lag issues, nope! Gonna try rendering in place for now.

What about adding a "bake to keyframes" feature? Might that improve performance?
  • Hi Mike, can you give more details? How many layers with how many characters?

I'm working in a optimized version where only applies expressions in the parameters used. I really think It will increase performance a lot.

When you don't use 3D animations, make the text in a pre comp and enable proxies can help for now

The bake Idea looks great! I will study this option, Thank you.

Ugh, yeah I discovered the slowdown issue the hard way. May have to redo part of my project because it's taxing my system so much. I even bought a brand new MBP hoping it would solve the lag issues, nope! Gonna try rendering in place for now.

What about adding a "bake to keyframes" feature? Might that improve performance?

• Great looking tool. Is there a way to trigger the animation delay with layer markers, similar to how your Subtitles tool works? Or is there a way to combine the two tools? That would be amazing!
  • Hi! Thank you. Actually there is no way to combine these tools. But I'm working in a new version of the Subtitle tool, and some transitions will be added between texts. Thank you again!
    Great looking tool. Is there a way to trigger the animation delay with layer markers, similar to how your Subtitles tool works? Or is there a way to combine the two tools? That would be amazing!

• Hi, does this not support macOS Monterey with the latest version of After Effects? It crashes AE when I try to open the plugin. Thanks.
  • Hi! Can you please share a screen shot or a video to I better understand?
  • Hi there!  Looking at text tools to help improve my workflow and this looks really cool!  I assume the animators are just applied to the text later in-point?  Is there a way to attach it to an out-point for out animations that don't rely on an exact layer length (in to out)?

Also were you able to make any of the updates that you mentioned in other comments here? (baking animations into text keyframes, or optimizing it to only apply expressions in the parameters used?)  Just wondering, thanks!
  • Hi there!  Looking at text tools to help improve my workflow and this looks really cool!  I assume the animators are just applied to the text later in-point?  Is there a way to attach it to an out-point for out animations that don't rely on an exact layer length (in to out)?

Also were you able to make any of the updates that you mentioned in other comments here? (baking animations into text keyframes, or optimizing it to only apply expressions in the parameters used?)  Just wondering, thanks!
    Hi! You are right. It's synced to the in-point. I like to create one animator to in point and another to out point. So I split the layer at where the Out point should start.

Or I create the entire in and out point animation in one animator. Then I duplicate the animator to create different animation lenghts.

I'm looking forward to be able to make these updates that you mentionaded, but right now I can't say exacly when it will be possible.

• Hello, for some reason the animator control is on the top left corner, not in the centre
    please advise...thank you
    im using ae 22.5.0
    mac os big sur 3.8gh

i opened the project in ae 18.4.6, the animator control is in the centre and working good...i guess it's just in ae22.5 that the control jumps to the top left corner...im not sure

• John B. said:
    Hello, for some reason the animator control is on the top left corner, not in the centre
    please advise...thank you
    im using ae 22.5.0
    mac os big sur 3.8gh

i opened the project in ae 18.4.6, the animator control is in the centre and working good...i guess it's just in ae22.5 that the control jumps to the top left corner...im not sure

Hi!! Can you please share a screen recording or a screenshot so I can investigate it better?
  • Hii i understand simple text how to use to for website. omaxe chandni chowk
  • Hii i understand simple text how to use to for website. omaxe chandni chowk

Hi! You can export your animation as a GIF. Thank you!