Write-On Animated Typefaces
  • imageWrite-On Animated Typefaces

'Write-On' is a set of 10 highly customizable, animated type styles for you to have fun with. All 10 fonts have 84 characters and 3 layers of customization per character. 'Write-On' saves the tedium of pen tooling and keyframing while providing a load of customizing options for creating your own look.

https://aescripts.com/write-on-animated-typefaces/

• This is a report of a problem.
    Project can not be opened in CS6.
    This seems to be created in the CC2015.
    Compatibility described is incorrect.
  • Thanks Shinji – CS6 compatibility works fine now try re-downloading.
  • Is this not compatible with CC? Assuming from Shinji, does this kinda work in CC2015..?
  • Is this not compatible with CC? Assuming from Shinji, does this kinda work in CC2015..?
    Hi Hana Kim,

The files work fine in CC2015.

Regards,
    Justified Type
  • What are the 10 fonts? Thanks, Michelle
  • Hi Michelle,

The fonts are all hand drawn but are loosely based on various common font styles. The example video shows the 10 font styles and the strokes on all of the fonts can be affected to achieve a range of various looks, as shown in the promo video.
  • Hi Joel,
    I would be interested in buying your set
    I really love the brushes that you you used in the video, are they included in the download ?
    Like the project file from the demo ?
    Cheers,
    Lucas
  • The colourful brush strokes are an image on a layer under a alpha mask layer, revealing Illustrator brush strokes on the layer below. Most are downloaded for free – google Illustrator Brush Strokes. They are not brushes in After Effects
  • Hey, really good job on this set ! 
    The brushes are a really nice touch, would you have their link / names by any chance ?
    Thanks
  • Hey Scott,

Google free 'Illustrator Watercolour Brushes'.

There's a world out there beyond what I originally made this set with.

I may have used two brushes overlaying each other for a unique look too.

Good luck and enjoy.
    Joe
  • Could you explain the difference between Write-On and Scribe? Are they very similar but just have different fonts?
  • Hi Robert.

Write-On is a set of 10 different typefaces where each character has 3 layers:
    1. The Stroke, Stroke Reveal Mask and thirdly a null that you could parent the end of a pencil or a particle emitter to.

I have not used Scribe but it looks like it writes-on like mine with a few different slider options and yes, just different fonts also.
  • Got it. Thanks.
    Any update on whether or not this will be made compatible with Font Manager? And if so, do you have any rough timetable for that?
  • Hi Robert,

The developer of Font Manager, Alex, has amended my files, which are now uploaded, so it is now compatible with Font Manager.

• That's great to hear. Appreciate the quick reply. Just bought it and will test things out.
  • This does not seem to work with Font Manager. The download extracts to a folder called "OldWriteOnNOTWORKING_1" Font Manager is looking for for a different file structure than what is contained in the download.
  • Where are the tutorials for manual installation. I used the aescripts downloader and lets me hit install but then, it won't install. It asks: Would you like to reveal files in explorer to perform a manual installation?"

I need to be able to use this right away. Thanks for your help!
  • This looks really awesome and amazing, very artistic and well done. Please, I need to ask something, how do you get such incredibly awesome and amazing colorful artistic and lovely strokes as seen on the WRITE-ON image shown or others in the video? I mean if these colorful strokes styles are also included (maybe included as Illustrator styles) and you can use them? So you can combine any of the fonts included with these excelent colorful and textured brushstrokes, Or they are already created fixed fonts and available with that style already applied?
    Sorry That I have never used illustrator styles or any animated style with an animated font
    Thanks very much and wish you all the best and must give my congratulations for this artistic beautiful creation