• I always wanted to buy Kbar because it's the core of my workflow and I absolutely love this plugin but when I see that the Ae 2020 issues are still not fixed, I'm happy that I didn't buy it AND WILL NEVER DO. Thanks Rafi Khan I'm gonna spend my bucks on a more supported plugin :)
  • Is it possible to turn kbar buttons into keyboard shortcuts?
    Sadly this isn't supported by After Effects.
  • Hi everyone, there's a known issue with KBar if you upgraded from the previous button. The UI stops working. If you hit this please open a support ticket and email me your toolbar file so I can patch it for you. I'm still figuring out what's causing this but haven't isolated it yet. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks.
  • Motti Hen said:
    Hi, I wanted to know if there is a way to create macro actions in KBar.
    Things like a button that creates a solid and then applying an effect of it (like Element 3D for example) in one click.
    Hi Motti, this requires you to create a scriptlet to do everything you want. You'd need to find someone more versed in AE scripting to build it but it's definitely possible.
  • Will Iam said:
    I always wanted to buy Kbar because it's the core of my workflow and I absolutely love this plugin but when I see that the Ae 2020 issues are still not fixed, I'm happy that I didn't buy it AND WILL NEVER DO. Thanks Rafi Khan I'm gonna spend my bucks on a more supported plugin :)

Hey Will, I build and support KBar in my personal time. I don't get rich off of it. In fact I've lost a bunch of money relative to the time I put in. Regardless, I do it b/c the community don't have people building things for them and folks usually appreciates it when someone does. I charge for it to offset some of my losses and keep improving it.

Not sure if you ever even tried KBar or what your bar is on tools if you have a specific issue or constructive feedback to offer, please open a support ticket and I'll see what I can do.
  • KBar Integration API

If you're an author and want your scripts to be more powerful, Integration guide for script/extension authors .  <-- Is this link is dead?
    Sorry about that. I fixed the link!
  • Thanks for this amazing script. It's a huge time saver. Please do consider including more icons. 
    Ignore haters. 
  • Hi there!

I would like to ask you how to avoid launching scripts by KBar in undocked state. I would like them to be nicely parked as they are when I launch them using ordinary way (Window > scrpitName.jsx)

Thank you in advance (and thank you for this piece of magic as well!)

• Hi Matthew. I have an issue when i addint a script JSX. I openup window to add a file, paste a fullpath to file , press Open, and nothing happen.
  • Hey,
    for quite some time I was able to use kbar in vertical mode but since a few month it doesn't really work in that mode. Do I overlook something here?
  • Is there a way to add something like 'Trim Paths' or 'Create Elipse' to the bar?
  • Does anyone else have problem deleting the individual button?  in settings where you add buttons and toolbar.  I can delete the whole toolbar but when I try to delete a individual button it doesn't work.
  • Hi there!

I would like to ask you how to avoid launching scripts by KBar in undocked state. I would like them to be nicely parked as they are when I launch them using ordinary way (Window > scrpitName.jsx)

Thank you in advance (and thank you for this piece of magic as well!)

Unfortunately I have no control over this. The windowing behavior is managed by AE directly :/
  • Hey,
    for quite some time I was able to use kbar in vertical mode but since a few month it doesn't really work in that mode. Do I overlook something here?
    Can you open a support ticket and send me a video what you're referring to?
  • Does anyone else have problem deleting the individual button?  in settings where you add buttons and toolbar.  I can delete the whole toolbar but when I try to delete a individual button it doesn't work.
    Can you open a support ticket and send me a video of what you're seeing?
  • Can the panel size of Kbar be set to a fixed size? I don't want to occupy a lot of panel space every time Kbar starts
  • Will it ever be possible to have the ability to set keyboard shortcuts to select buttons? I have the Elgato Stream Deck and I was really hoping I could use this a tool to open plugins and extensions with the Stream Deck.
  • Love the script so much. Here is a link to download my pre-made KBar Toolbars http://www.sideshowfx.net/kbar-download

Enjoy!
  • Will it ever be possible to have the ability to set keyboard shortcuts to select buttons? I have the Elgato Stream Deck and I was really hoping I could use this a tool to open plugins and extensions with the Stream Deck.
    Hey Ryan check out https://aescripts.com/aefx-shortcut-icons-and-profiles/ - You can access any effect via Stream Deck with the pre-built profiles.
    Will it ever be possible to have the ability to set keyboard shortcuts to select buttons? I have the Elgato Stream Deck and I was really hoping I could use this a tool to open plugins and extensions with the Stream Deck.

Will it ever be possible to have the ability to set keyboard shortcuts to select buttons? I have the Elgato Stream Deck and I was really hoping I could use this a tool to open plugins and extensions with the Stream Deck.

• Hello!

I've downloaded kbar and worked for a while with it.
    Now, after some updates on After Effects (2020) I install kbar and get the following popup error:

KBarServer: Could not start server

Unable to load JSX File.
    File or Folder does not exist
    "/Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/jsx/all.jsx"

Do you have a solution to my problem? Can't use kBar due to this issue.
  • Hello!

I've downloaded kbar and worked for a while with it.
    Now, after some updates on After Effects (2020) I install kbar and get the following popup error:

Unable to load JSX File.

When opening Kbar1 on Windows/extensions I got the following error:

Logger: main

Unable to load JSX File. File or folder does not exist "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/jsx/all.jsx"

Error: Unable to load JSX File.
    File or folder does not exist
    "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/jsx/all.jsx"
        at t.<anonymous> (file:///Library/Application%20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/static/js/main.js:1:17392)
        at o (file:///Library/Application%20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/static/js/main.js:1:14185)
        at Object.next (file:///Library/Application%20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/static/js/main.js:1:13489)
        at a (file:///Library/Application%20Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/kbar/static/js/main.js:1:13231)
        at <anonymous>
  • Is there any chance you could add the ability to have dropdown lists from an icon? Basically I'd love to create a kbar which is essentially a reflection of all my scripts in the script ui list, but categorised under different buttons in the kbar since you can't use sub-folders in the script ui panel. Then when you click one of the buttons a dropdown list would appear with the list of scripts related to that category.
  • Saxon Rix said:
    Is there any chance you could add the ability to have dropdown lists from an icon? Basically I'd love to create a kbar which is essentially a reflection of all my scripts in the script ui list, but categorised under different buttons in the kbar since you can't use sub-folders in the script ui panel. Then when you click one of the buttons a dropdown list would appear with the list of scripts related to that category.
    Also.. Perhaps a simple way of implementing an alternative to that would be to add an option to create a button that switches to a select kbar setup? That way you can set up different bars for 'Character Animation Scripts', 'Workflow Scripts' etc... and then easily switch between those scripts using buttons within the kbar itself.
  • Saxon Rix said:
    Saxon Rix said:
    Is there any chance you could add the ability to have dropdown lists from an icon? Basically I'd love to create a kbar which is essentially a reflection of all my scripts in the script ui list, but categorised under different buttons in the kbar since you can't use sub-folders in the script ui panel. Then when you click one of the buttons a dropdown list would appear with the list of scripts related to that category.
    Also.. Perhaps a simple way of implementing an alternative to that would be to add an option to create a button that switches to a select kbar setup? That way you can set up different bars for 'Character Animation Scripts', 'Workflow Scripts' etc... and then easily switch between those scripts using buttons within the kbar itself.
    Hi Saxon, you can sort of do this with keyboard modifiers. When you press Shift, Cmmd/Ctrl or Alt you can make KBar show a completely different set of commands. It's not the same as a drop down but it lets you switch between grouped commands more easily.
    Hey Ryan, I don't quite understand your request.  Can you explain this in more detail?
  • Do you support the Japanese version?
    Menu could not be adapted to button
  • Do you support the Japanese version?
    Menu could not be adapted to button
    You should be able to type in any command that's in AE in any language. Just use the Japanese characters.
  • KBar crashes AE whenever I try to close one of the KBar windows...any known bugs for this? Working in 2019. Can't upgrade to 2020 due to studio policy yet.
  • KBar crashes AE whenever I try to close one of the KBar windows...any known bugs for this? Working in 2019. Can't upgrade to 2020 due to studio policy yet.

Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hi, Can I uninstall the KBAR2?
    I have a license for 1 but accidentally installed 2.

Please let me know
  • Hi, Can I uninstall the KBAR2?
    I have a license for 1 but accidentally installed 2.

Please let me know
    Hi Cheverno, please open a support ticket on this issue. Thanks!
  • Hi, This is a great script!
    I always use it!

By the way, when I set the "project cleaner", it didn't open.
    I'm sorry for the script-related question of another company.
    Do you know how to avoid it?
    Thanks a lot

► 
    project cleaner
    https://aescripts.com/project-cleaner/
  • Hi,
    I used After Effects in french and wasn't be able to see the "Teinte" effect when I typed it in the effect search bar.
    So I turned AE in english to see if it would be better with "Tint".... But nothing. I don't see "Tint" appear in the search tool box.
    When I type "Tint", KBar propose : uni.Picture in Picture / uni.Soft Gradient Picture / uni. Spectralicious Transition / Optics Compensation / Motion Tile...
    Nothing with the word "Tint" in it. Is there a issue with the search tool ? Is there another way to ass an effect to the bar ?
    Thanks a lot
  • Hi! 
    I'm trying to run a script called Hose Maker but am unable to run it. The recommend FT-Toolbar, which has been discontinued and redirected to KBar.
    I'm unable to run Hose Maker on KBar trial mode but would like to know if anyone has already done this before I purchase it.

Thanks in advance!
  • Hello ! I always have a problem with Kbar, instead of the bar I have a Logger toolbar, which is like a Fly out menu, so I constantly have to close and reboot Kbar, sometimes up to three times to get a functionnal bar. Exactly like Fernando Colares in the comments. Do you have a solution please ? 
  • Can Kbar have a shortcut for New Shape Layer? I cannot make that happen.
  • If there are many kinds of effects of the same word, it cannot be added because there is no scrolling.
  • Hi, great plugin. However i've noticed that a lot of the menu commands selectable from the dropdown list do not work. Is there a solution to this?
  • Hi - I have this same problem with AE CC 2020.  If I select a button for a script or extension I added, click on the pencil icon to the right, and then choose 'Delete' and 'OK' -I see a little animation play across the OK button, but the information box does not close and the button is not deleted. Eventually I have to hit 'Cancel' to close the box.

Rafi Khan said:
    Does anyone else have problem deleting the individual button?  in settings where you add buttons and toolbar.  I can delete the whole toolbar but when I try to delete a individual button it doesn't work.
    Can you open a support ticket and send me a video of what you're seeing?

• Hi - have a great custom toolset that I've built and saved as my default set. I would like to 'import/load' another set of buttons from the Motion Design School guys - the load file being 'kbar_MDS_exprlist_ENG'.

When I import load that all of my regular toolset is replaced - is there no way to merge or load a subsequent toolset AND retain your current one????

thanks 
  • Hey Rafi,
    Do you have any requirements for PNG Icons ? I used a few of them of different sizes and they all are blurred. I also tried to change the scale in the settings and that didn't help. Any suggestions ? 
  • My Kbar is not working properly on After 2020. I can't delete or moove any icon on the panels.

Please open a support ticket for assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • KBar Integration API

If you're an author and want your scripts to be more powerful, Integration guide for script/extension authors .  <-- Is this link is dead?

Product page has the updated link: https://bitbucket.org/kraftyfx/kbar/issues/105/let-consuming-scripts-know-if-and-how-they
  • Hello...I am trying to create a shortcut for Layer New Text, but I get no result when I do this. I've also tried using what may or may not be the current Command ID, but no response there either so that may be wrong. Finally, is it possible to use Kbar to execute keyboard shortcuts? I am otherwise very happy with this purchase. Thanks!
  • Hello Lloyd
    I'm trying to get "Purge > All memory and disk cache" running as a button but After effects says no... 
    I selected the command from the list in the settings window.
    Is there another way to do this?
    Cheers
    Ken
  • Can I Get more than 4 windows ???? like kbar5 or more ??
  • Hello! First off Kbar is absolutely essential to my workflow now. I just started using the toolbars and I was wondering if there was a way to add a kbar button or a keyboard shortcut to quickly switch between toolbars. Thanks!
  • PLZ Help

Unable to load JSX File.

Untitled.jpg
    1876 x 1023 - 164K
  • Hello Lloyd
    I'm trying to get "Purge > All memory and disk cache" running as a button but After effects says no... 
    I selected the command from the list in the settings window.
    Is there another way to do this?
    Cheers
    Ken

@ken Gorrie did you ever resolve this? 
    It is one of the main operations i wanted to use KBar for and it does not work.... 

My error says i have made a typo as well ... but, like you, i also selected it from the list. 
    Clean memory works fine, but not empty disk cache 

Any help guys?