• Brilliant addition to the Monkey family - creates countless potential transition styles that would normally take a long chunk of time to do manually!

Thanks again, Dan and Orrin :)

• Great work!
  • Great work!
    Thank you!
  • Gary Bird said:

Brilliant addition to the Monkey family - creates countless potential transition styles that would normally take a long chunk of time to do manually!

Thanks again, Dan and Orrin :)

Thanks Gary!!

• I'm trying to use it for one graphic layer.
    How can I control the length of the animation, the time without animation and the length of animation fading?
    I saw the tutorials, but I still don't know how to control it.
    I have a problem with that, but I am a beginner. Thank you.
  • I'm trying to use it for one graphic layer.
    How can I control the length of the animation, the time without animation and the length of animation fading?
    I saw the tutorials, but I still don't know how to control it.
    I have a problem with that, but I am a beginner. Thank you.
    Hi Grzegorz-
    Theres a few issues...a few are covered in the FAQs - so check that out too.

If you're looking for a layer that (for example) animates in in 4 seconds, then holds for 4, then fades out 2 seconds:

A) The total time of the work area and the speed duration has to equal 120 (4 seconds). You can divide that up any way you want...eg. 30 work area, 90 duration

B) Next is the hold- you want to set that to 120.

C) Last is the fade...you can use the auto fade checkbox, but thats only going to be about 1 second....so you can do that manually using the master layer's opacity transform.

In this case you can just set Animate to In, and it'll work the same way...since theres no real animate out going on

Hope that helps - if not, open a support ticket and we'll get it worked out.

-oz
  • I have tried to duplicate the quick start tutorial but am having no success. I set the work area to 30 frames and press Do It! Only the first line animates in then blinks out, none of the other lines make an appearance.
  • I have tried to duplicate the quick start tutorial but am having no success. I set the work area to 30 frames and press Do It! Only the first line animates in then blinks out, none of the other lines make an appearance.
    Hey Thomas- 
    hmmm...is your comp long enough to accommodate 3 lines? Thats pretty much the only thing I can think of...but I might be wrong.

Can you open a support ticket and we'll figure out whats going on?

thx

• Here is my first ultra-short test of the great new 'monkey-baby', MonkeyWipes:
    I haven't done it justice with this, but it is safe to say that it will be a brilliant new additional tool in the Monkey suite :)
  • Hi Orrin,

I'm interested in using a few of your scripts for postgraduate university projects and for some of the volunteering I do, but I'm not certain which ones to get. Unfortunately, I wasn't certain where else to post these questions:
    Does MonkeyWipes replace TypeMonkey? They seem to do somewhat similar things
    I'm interested in creating a few stomp videos and also visualising quotes and poems with music. Which tools would you recommend for this? I need an essential list for this because I couldn't purchase the full Monkey suite at the moment. 
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bre
  • Hey Bre- Great questions...

All the Monkeys are different - TypeMonkey was the first, easiest and the most popular one - it creates and lays out text and then creates a camera which moves between words.

MonkeyWipes has no camera, but creates funky transitions, between text or graphics...which might be used in combination with MonkeyCam Pro (which has a whole host of camera motions that none of the other offers)

Then theres EditMonkey which offers different possiblities....

So - its a tough question -  I'd look at those 4 -  download a free trial of each and play with them...you'll get the idea.

Theres also some tuts on the TypeMonkey page that deals with syncing lyrics that might be helpful too.

BTW- Theres also Beatnik which is a whole other animal that you might want to check out if you're dealing with audio (sorry for offering too much help!).

Open up a support ticket if you have speciific questions or issues and I'll be glad to help out.

-oz

• Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like it's best to save and purchase the entire suite. 

Thanks for the recommendations. 
    Cheers,
    Bre