• David Sey said:
    Hi, I'm having trouble finding the option to create a custom template.
    Hi Christine!

There are some steps to do for making custom templates. At first Please select a template that you think is similar. Then open a support ticket and let us know what you like to see. We help you immediately. How ever we have more than 15 templates, if you like we can put your custom templates in the package for next updates as well.

looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
    David
    I don't understand. Your video explaining the product includes a section about "create your own custom animation" but there's no option to actually do it?
  • Hi there! 

I've used Subtitle Pro in several projects so far in After Effects, and it has saved a tremendous amount of time. Thank you so much for creating this plugin!

That said, I have some feedback that I think could really help improve the plugin. I'm having to spend some time adjusting settings, moving things around, etc... to accommodate for some inflexibilities in the software. I'm hoping that you might be able to incorporate some of these requests into newer versions of the plugin.

1. Centering subtitles within boxes- It appears that right now, the text is placed within the background box automatically...and it approximates the average position of the text including the ascenders and descenders of the words. For example...if the word "japanese" is used in a subtitle, the word will appear visually high in the box...as it is accommodating for the "stems" of the "j" and "p". While the word is "technically" centered...most of the letters appear too high in the box. It would be better for the wording to NOT factor in the ascenders and descenders...but rather have a consistent base line for the wording within each box. 

2. Fading subtitles in and out- I understand that subtitles are based off of the subtitle files that you have provided. I use "Classic Subtitle 01.aep", which I find to be the best for my needs. However, I do not have the ability to easily fade in and out each text box. I understand that there are .aep files that have fading enabled...but they don't match the stylistic appeal of Classic Subtitle 01.aep. I'd prefer to use this style...but have the option to fade in and out. I understand that you may want to keep this file format the same...but I'd love to request a version of "Classic Subtitle 01.aep" with in and out fading enabled. Perhaps there could be an effect on the setting layer where you can set the global in and out fade opacity via a slider? An effect where you can say, "In Fade = # of frames". That would be really, really helpful! And if it would simply be easier to modify my version of the "Classic Subtitle 01.aep files" I'm happy to do that as well. I might need some help doing so...but am happy to take this on as needed.

3. Adjusting text settings- I have noticed that text behaves strangely when you modify the size/color/etc... of text that has already been subtitled. For example: let's say I have text that is 55pt on a black box background. If I change the size of the text to 45pt, the text will shrink and move lower in the box, making it no longer optically aligned. Ideally, the text size would shrink, but stay in the center of the box. Is there anyway to make this possible?

4. Building subtitle text in plugin- Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way...but I'm encountering a lot of issues with modifying the subtitle lines within the plugin. Let's say I have 20 lines of subtitle text...but I realized that I missed a sentence (or want to split a line of text) at around Line 10. There's no easy way of creating a new layer and dragging it to the Line 10 position. Instead, I would need to create a new layer at the very end (making Line 21) and then copy and paste each line down to the next line. This is a substantial issue. Is it possible to make the "subtitle lines" drag and droppable within the plugin? Or can you add a "insert line here" feature? That would be a massive help! Alternatively, if I'm going about doing this the wrong way and should be building my subtitle script in a separate application, please let me know. If it's better to create a .srt file in another application and import into the plugin, I'm happy to do that.

5. Setting timings- I've had mixed results with setting timing. I'll copy and paste the exact timing from the timeline into the plugin, and somehow things always don't end up timed properly...and I need to go back and do 30 minutes of manual fixing. Is there any reason why this would be the case? If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know!

Again, I think this is a great plugin, and I plan to use it moving forward on pretty much everything. I'm just really hoping to have some of these issues resolved so we can use this plugin moving forward on all of our videos!
    Hi Brandon,

I like to inform you that we solved the "Centering Sentences" Problem. We added an algorithm that calculates ascenders and descenders of the words and always keeps the sentences at center. Also we added the animation preview tab too(as you requested earlier). Thanks for your feedbacks.

Best regards,
    David
  • Hello, amazing plugin, thank you!
    When I drag and reposition a row within the plugin window, its row number does not update, even when its updated timecode fits sequentially.
    My work-around for this (as it was causing me some sync issues) was to create a new marker in the AE 'Subtitle' layers panel, then use the first sync option (remove all rows and fetch subtitles from AE). Wondering if this will be fixed in an update or am I missing something basic? Cheers

• Hello, amazing plugin, thank you!
    When I drag and reposition a row within the plugin window, its row number does not update, even when its updated timecode fits sequentially.
    My work-around for this (as it was causing me some sync issues) was to create a new marker in the AE 'Subtitle' layers panel, then use the first sync option (remove all rows and fetch subtitles from AE). Wondering if this will be fixed in an update or am I missing something basic? Cheers

Hi Danny,
    Thanks for your great feedback!

When you drag an item and change its location in table you need to update its time to. Actually we are adding a new feature that updates the In/Out time automatically but for now you need to update it manually. and also about row number, thats not really important, Row number only shows the unique row id. 
    Also about the sync option, you need to make sure your marker duration is not zero and marker comment section is not empty. Please let us know if it works for you otherwise please open a support ticket.

Best regards,
    David

• I don't understand. Your video explaining the product includes a section about "create your own custom animation" but there's no option to actually do it?
    Hi Christine,

Each Template has variant setting such as margin, padding, fading settings, color, box settings and ... that you can change them easily. but if you like to customise a template completely you can add any effect or preset you like on subtitle layer. We tried to satisfy all needs for creating high quality subtitles. If you like to create special template please let us know about it, then we can help you. 

Best regards,
    David 
  • Hello,
    What is the list of export options? Once I have created my subtitles, I need to use them to create a dialogue list (start time code, end time code, character speaking, dialogue spoken). I see that Subtitle Pro has an extra field called "Your Text". Could I use that "Your Text" column for the character name, export some sort of text file from Subtitle Pro, convert that text file into a .xls spreadsheet and then I'd have my dialogue list?

Another question; using Subtitle Pro, can a timecode offset of the captions be easily done? For example, I need to add a production company's logo to the start of my project. Can I shift the Subtitle Pro layer forward in time and all the timecode would automatically adjust?

Thank you.
    -michael

• Hello,
    What is the list of export options? Once I have created my subtitles, I need to use them to create a dialogue list (start time code, end time code, character speaking, dialogue spoken). I see that Subtitle Pro has an extra field called "Your Text". Could I use that "Your Text" column for the character name, export some sort of text file from Subtitle Pro, convert that text file into a .xls spreadsheet and then I'd have my dialogue list?

Another question; using Subtitle Pro, can a timecode offset of the captions be easily done? For example, I need to add a production company's logo to the start of my project. Can I shift the Subtitle Pro layer forward in time and all the timecode would automatically adjust?

Thank you.
    -michael
    Hi Michael,
    We already support different export options such as : srt, vtt, ass, sub, sbv, json,lrc,sbv,smi, ssa and txt.
    Your text column is the same as original column, if you write something there, subtitle pro will ignore the original text and adds Your text field to the results. recently we added another export format(.txt) which outputs  a "transcript" but without the character name. So i guess you should do some manual works.

About the timecode offset, yes we have that feature! in the left side toolbar you can find the shift button. Each time you press the button you can shift all subtitles +- 0.5 sec.Select as many as sentences you like and simply shift them.

Also you can check the trial version to see how it works! 
    Also if you need a personal feature let us know. We can help companies with special support:). Please open a support ticket if you like.

Best regards,
    David
  • Hello,
    Is there a way to take in charge superscript characters (exponent) in the subtitles/dialog box?

Thanks
    Dave
  • Hello,
    Is there a way to take in charge superscript characters (exponent) in the subtitles/dialog box?

Thanks
    Dave
    Hi Dave,
    You can use superscript characters such as exponent. But i suggest you to check the trial version and see if it helps you.

Best regards,
    David
  • Hey David,

Is there or will there be support for curly quotes and apostrophe? Right now it seems to only support prime marks.

ben

• Hey David,

Is there or will there be support for curly quotes and apostrophe? Right now it seems to only support prime marks.

ben
    Hi Ben,
    Subtitle pro supports all UTF-8 characters, including curly quotes and apostrophe too. Please check your aftereffects character setting. This article may help you with that.

Best regards,
    David
  • Hi. Something useful would be to allow the anchor point of the captions to be vertically centre aligned when switching between different rows number.
    Also would be cool allowing to have different fonts in the same captions row, as some fonts don't support numbers for example.

• Hi. Something useful would be to allow the anchor point of the captions to be vertically centre aligned when switching between different rows number.
    Also would be cool allowing to have different fonts in the same captions row, as some fonts don't support numbers for example.

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your feedback!
    Unfortunately, due to after effects expression limitation we couldn't access font for each sentence. But you can do it simply with some manual works. you can create multiple comps and apply subtitle with different font on theme. then you can precomp those comp into another comp. this will be useful for anchor point too.
    Hope it helps you.

Best regards,
    David

• hello why my pro license remains in trial version ?
  • Is there a way to make the text vertically aligned? for example, if I just write "you" and in the next sentence "tree". The "tree" will be aligned to the bottom of the "y" in "you". So it looks bad. I can actually see the anchor point changing like 20 pixels
  • hello why my pro license remains in trial version ?
    Hi There,
    Did you tried to register your license in subtitle pro? Please open a support ticket.

Best regards,
    David
  • Is there a way to make the text vertically aligned? for example, if I just write "you" and in the next sentence "tree". The "tree" will be aligned to the bottom of the "y" in "you". So it looks bad. I can actually see the anchor point changing like 20 pixels
    Hi Juan,

Recently with the latest update we added an ability in anchor point expression to get the actual height of each sentence for example character 'y' has larger height than character 'a', so the expression calculate it and make the sentence vertically pixel perfect aligned.

If you like to change this behaviour please open a support ticket and tell us more about it then we can help you ASAP.

Best regards,
    David
  • Not sure if this is beyond capability, but it would be huge for my team if you could make it possible to convert all text to caps in one click inside of Premiere. The AE version is super easy to adjust text and all caps options, but Premiere's built in caption editor is missing "All Caps/Small Caps" option. 

Thanks!! Also, if you could get animations to work in Premiere that would be absolutely game changing. 
  • Hi Cole!

Yep we are trying to make premier version so much easier just like AE version. We tried several ways, but premier pro API has many limitations. We are working to add internal timeline for subtitle pro extension then you dont need to work with AE/PR timeline anymore. Hope we finish it soon.

You can still use linked component from premier pro to aftereffects if you dont like premier captions. Please open a support ticket and let us know about your problem.

Regards,
    David
  • This whole experience has been fantastic. I had an issue with the plug-in and opened a ticket. In under 24 hours, David had fixed the issue and sent me the fixed update directly for me to test. 

The plug-in has been a lifesaver and the support for it is stellar.
  • David Sey said:
    Hi Cole!

Yep we are trying to make premier version so much easier just like AE version. We tried several ways, but premier pro API has many limitations. We are working to add internal timeline for subtitle pro extension then you dont need to work with AE/PR timeline anymore. Hope we finish it soon.

You can still use linked component from premier pro to aftereffects if you dont like premier captions. Please open a support ticket and let us know about your problem.

Regards,
    David
    Great! Looking forward to the new updates for Premiere. Yes, I am currently using linked AE comps! It's been good, but slow.

• Hello,
    do you have any solution to use French language some characters are changed by this soft (é ê è à etc...)
  • Hello,
    do you have any solution to use French language some characters are changed by this soft (é ê è à etc...)
    Hi Julien,

Subtitle pro support all languages. Please open a support ticket and let us help you.

Regards,
    David
  • Don Britt said:
    This whole experience has been fantastic. I had an issue with the plug-in and opened a ticket. In under 24 hours, David had fixed the issue and sent me the fixed update directly for me to test. 

The plug-in has been a lifesaver and the support for it is stellar.
    Hi Don,

You are awesome :).
    Hope you enjoy working with the plugin!

• 100%, hands-down the best plugin for burning in captions or subtitles into videos within the Adobe Suite of products.  Premiere Pro's stock implementation from Adobe is buggy at best and often times results in weird glitches or issues.  

Meanwhile, this app BLOWS AWAY Adobe's own implementation of Open Captions.  Not only that, the developer is extremely responsive to support requests.  I found an issue, opened a ticket and not only did I get a response, but the issue was resolved and fixed with a new update pushed out in less than 24 hours.  Well worth the price!!
  • 100%, hands-down the best plugin for burning in captions or subtitles into videos within the Adobe Suite of products.  Premiere Pro's stock implementation from Adobe is buggy at best and often times results in weird glitches or issues.  

Meanwhile, this app BLOWS AWAY Adobe's own implementation of Open Captions.  Not only that, the developer is extremely responsive to support requests.  I found an issue, opened a ticket and not only did I get a response, but the issue was resolved and fixed with a new update pushed out in less than 24 hours.  Well worth the price!!
    Wow Sean, Thank you! You are awesome!
  • Hey there, just bought the plugin and so far so good except for one snag: when trying to select a group of subtitles from the middle down to the bottom, I'm unable to click on the last one because the "Highlight Overlapped Subtitles" is covering it:

Hi Cyan,
    Sorry for the problem. Would you please let us know which version of AE are you using and you are using mac or win? We will fix it soon in next update ASAP.
    However you can select all sentences if you click on the checkbox in the table header.

Regards,
    David
  • Following up with a review after using this plugin for a while! 

It's totally game-changing for us: before we were paying ~$4 per minute of video to get English and Spanish subtitle tracks for client social media videos. Now we can upload the videos to YouTube, have Subtitle Pro automatically download the English subs, and then use Subtitle Pro to edit them and translate them to Spanish (they use Google translate for the translations, which come out looking good).

Anyway, if you're looking for a good tool to manage subtitles and save you money that you would have otherwise spent on captioning services, look no further! 
  • Following up with a review after using this plugin for a while! 

It's totally game-changing for us: before we were paying ~$4 per minute of video to get English and Spanish subtitle tracks for client social media videos. Now we can upload the videos to YouTube, have Subtitle Pro automatically download the English subs, and then use Subtitle Pro to edit them and translate them to Spanish (they use Google translate for the translations, which come out looking good).

Anyway, if you're looking for a good tool to manage subtitles and save you money that you would have otherwise spent on captioning services, look no further! 
    Thank you very much for such a great review! 
  • Loving this plugin. Very easy to work with.
    Support is super responsive!

Thank you for your hard work, David!
  • YouTube option not working.
    -------------------------------------

I just got this plug and it seems pretty great. However, the YouTube subtitle extraction does not seem to work. I had subtitles auto-generated by YouTube, I've seen them, but this plug says it can't detect any. Any ideas?
  • YouTube option not working.
    -------------------------------------

I just got this plug and it seems pretty great. However, the YouTube subtitle extraction does not seem to work. I had subtitles auto-generated by YouTube, I've seen them, but this plug says it can't detect any. Any ideas?
    Hi Stefan,
    Would you please open a support ticket here and provide us a link to your youtube video?

Regards,
    David

• Hi LetsMotion Guys, hope you're great

want to know why when importing my 37 lines .srt to after or premiere are missing the lines 21,23 and 24

• Hi LetsMotion Guys, hope you're great

want to know why when importing my 37 lines .srt to after or premiere are missing the lines 21,23 and 24

Hi There,
    Would you please update the plugin to latest version and try again? if you faced the problem again please open a support ticket and let us know.
  • Hey LetsMotion,

Great product, using it all the time, changed my workflow to the better, got 3 licences already, thank you!

One suggestion / request: I am working with languages that use non-latin alphabets all the time, and the fact that the "Subtitle" text layer is not empty by default causes some inconvenience. 

If the text layer is not empty, you can't set the font properly in AE. As there are no latin characters in some fonts I use for languages like Bengali, Gujarati, Urdu, etc, setting the font fails, and while the foreign characters show up correctly, they show up in the respective languages default font. 

If I just manually delete the contents of the text layer, it's fixed, but it's a pain for 30+ videos per language which is very common for me.

It would be great if you could fix this in the next update. Reach out to me for more details / examples if needed!
  • Hey LetsMotion,

Great product, using it all the time, changed my workflow to the better, got 3 licences already, thank you!

One suggestion / request: I am working with languages that use non-latin alphabets all the time, and the fact that the "Subtitle" text layer is not empty by default causes some inconvenience. 

If the text layer is not empty, you can't set the font properly in AE. As there are no latin characters in some fonts I use for languages like Bengali, Gujarati, Urdu, etc, setting the font fails, and while the foreign characters show up correctly, they show up in the respective languages default font. 

If I just manually delete the contents of the text layer, it's fixed, but it's a pain for 30+ videos per language which is very common for me.

It would be great if you could fix this in the next update. Reach out to me for more details / examples if needed!
    Hi Jakab,

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Would you please open a support ticket and provide us an example AE project with a font that i can install it for the test?

Regards,
    David 
  • Hi

Subtitle Pro is fab it does exactly what i needed it to and the customer support is amazing. 
    It has saved me so much time when added subtitled to projects.
    I needed to left justify the subtitles due to a clients graphic position but was unable to do it myself. David was able to send me an edited file I could use which was perfect for the job.

Brilliant customer service 

Thanks for your help David

• Hi

Subtitle Pro is fab it does exactly what i needed it to and the customer support is amazing. 
    It has saved me so much time when added subtitled to projects.
    I needed to left justify the subtitles due to a clients graphic position but was unable to do it myself. David was able to send me an edited file I could use which was perfect for the job.

Brilliant customer service 

Thanks for your help David

Thanks for your great review! Im pretty happy that you found subtitle pro useful :)

• Is there a comprehensive set of instructions somewhere? The videos seem out of date with Effect controls that don't seem to exist anymore.

Character limit per line? What does that do? It seems to suggest that I should be able to tell the plugin to force line breaks but it has an expression tied to it and appears to do nothing. Sliding it doesn't change anything. I'm getting a lot of lines that go off screen and I would love if there were a way to keep them on-screen without having to manually add breaks.

Line Break ON-OFF - Toggling this does nothing. What should this do?

Is there a a way to force a certain margin on the side? PT_ImportSubtitles has a "Scale to ___% comp width" to make sure that none of the subtitles go off screen.

So far this seems like a superior tool but stuff shouldn't bleed off screen like this and these are the options I'm seeing that aren't in your tutorial videos:

• Is there a comprehensive set of instructions somewhere? The videos seem out of date with Effect controls that don't seem to exist anymore.

Character limit per line? What does that do? It seems to suggest that I should be able to tell the plugin to force line breaks but it has an expression tied to it and appears to do nothing. Sliding it doesn't change anything. I'm getting a lot of lines that go off screen and I would love if there were a way to keep them on-screen without having to manually add breaks.

Line Break ON-OFF - Toggling this does nothing. What should this do?

Is there a a way to force a certain margin on the side? PT_ImportSubtitles has a "Scale to ___% comp width" to make sure that none of the subtitles go off screen.

So far this seems like a superior tool but stuff shouldn't bleed off screen like this and these are the options I'm seeing that aren't in your tutorial videos:

Hi Benjamin,

We already added Auto Line break feature. if you turn on the "Line Break ON - OFF" from the setting layer whenever your sentence is longer than "Characters limit per line" it will be break into 2 lines. you can change the characters limit per lane by changing the "Characters limit per line" option. So please make sure that you choose the right number and it will works well. 

Regards,
    David
  • Got it. It wasn't working but I restarted AE and made a new project and it started working.

Is there a way to get it to respect a center point? I think the issue is that the anchor point is set to center bottom rather than center, center.

As you see there it is centered with 4 lines but then 1 line aligns to the bottom and not the center. Is there a way to change that?
  • Got it. It wasn't working but I restarted AE and made a new project and it started working.

Is there a way to get it to respect a center point? I think the issue is that the anchor point is set to center bottom rather than center, center.

As you see there it is centered with 4 lines but then 1 line aligns to the bottom and not the center. Is there a way to change that?
    When we created subtitle pro templates we tried to compare it with popular Video players such as KMPlayer and we made sure that we have standard templates. one of a reasons that the anchor point is at the bottom of the text is preventing glitch in markers with different length of text lines. So the short answer is that its not possible to change the anchor point to be in the center, But i can customize a template for you to fit your need. Please open a support ticket and let me know what you are looking for.

Regards,
    David
  • David Sey said:
    Got it. It wasn't working but I restarted AE and made a new project and it started working.

When we created subtitle pro templates we tried to compare it with popular Video players such as KMPlayer and we made sure that we have standard templates. one of a reasons that the anchor point is at the bottom of the text is preventing glitch in markers with different length of text lines. So the short answer is that its not possible to change the anchor point to be in the center, But i can customize a template for you to fit your need. Please open a support ticket and let me know what you are looking for.

Regards,
    David
    Sounds good. I opened a ticket through AEScripts. Is that the way? Or is there a Subtitle Pro ticketing system?
  • Let me know if this is correct, you can not split the layer markers because it's encrypted, if so how can I apply the subtitles without the expression?
  • Let me know if this is correct, you can not split the layer markers because it's encrypted, if so how can I apply the subtitles without the expression?
    Hi Dustin,

Im not sure what you mean. You have control on makers, you can rearrange, change their duration move them or simply add new markers. Please let me know what you are looking for.

Regards,
    David
  • So far, all subtitle pro has done is waste my time and shut down premiere.

So I type in the text, enter the proper in and out points, I hit apply and the prompt I get says the file cannot be opened because of a header error.   I click ok and it shuts down premiere.

Ever heard of this happening? 

• Ken Swann said:
    So far, all subtitle pro has done is waste my time and shut down premiere.

So I type in the text, enter the proper in and out points, I hit apply and the prompt I get says the file cannot be opened because of a header error.   I click ok and it shuts down premiere.

Hi Ken,
    Sorry about the problem. We didn't receive any issue report yet. Would you please open a support ticket and let us know more about the issue? If you can export your SRT and share it with us we can help you ASAP.

Regards,
    David
  • Just put in a ticket.    

David Sey said:

Ken Swann said:
    So far, all subtitle pro has done is waste my time and shut down premiere.

Hi Ken,
    Sorry about the problem. We didn't receive any issue report yet. Would you please open a support ticket and let us know more about the issue? If you can export your SRT and share it with us we can help you ASAP.

Regards,
    David

• Hello,

I bought your extension. Running After effect 2021. Windows 10, 64-bit. 

After importing srt. and apply it to composition, After effect crash.

I guess it creates a conflict with the extension.

Any help? This plug-in costs quite a lot and it's painfull if doesn't work.
  • Hello,

I bought your extension. Running After effect 2021. Windows 10, 64-bit. 

After importing srt. and apply it to composition, After effect crash.

I guess it creates a conflict with the extension.

Any help? This plug-in costs quite a lot and it's painfull if doesn't work.
    Hi Alex,
    Sorry for the problem. We already solved the problem. We will release a new version in next hours. in the mean time if you downgrade your aftereffects to any lower version it should work well. Please stay in touch :).

Best regards,
    David