• rather good, but unfortunate all masks are juste matte and not real maps, like for blur. So you don't have a nice smooth between not blured and blured, but juste like an masked effect. Tell me if i'm wrong.
  • Hi Remi - love what this is supposed to do, but UI is wonky in AE CS5 - parts of the interface disappear frequently. Presets not working in CS 5. No explanation of what to do with Diopter Footage provided. Should the effect be applied to an adjustment layer, or directly on footage?

• BS_L Lau said:
    rather good, but unfortunate all masks are juste matte and not real maps, like for blur. So you don't have a nice smooth between not blured and blured, but juste like an masked effect. Tell me if i'm wrong.

Hi Remi - love what this is supposed to do, but UI is wonky in AE CS5 - parts of the interface disappear frequently. Presets not working in CS 5. No explanation of what to do with Diopter Footage provided. Should the effect be applied to an adjustment layer, or directly on footage?

Please open a support ticket.
  • My bad, for real blur, we have to check use lens as blur map. But for optical distortion/trail.directional blur/chrom aberrations, it doesn't work with adjustement layers. (i open a ticket for that)

footages have to be use as custom map, but it's very sensible to white and whit, maybe you should constrast them a little.
  • @""BS_L Lau" Thanks again for your great review! You're right, Intensity map (like Blurmap) are only possible with Blurring effects (Fast and Realistic Blur) currently. But in a next version of Diopter this is one of the many I'd like to add!
  • @Scott Thank you for your ticket, unfortunately Diopter is not compatible with CS5 or CS5.5. About the footage items, there are only matte layers. You can use them as described in the User Guide : - Place a footage in the timeline of AE - Place Diopter on the layer you want to apply the filter - In Diopter, set the Lens Type to 'Custom' and choose in the dropdown menu the footage layer. About the use of Diopter, it works on footage and adjustment layer! This is also explained in the User Guide.
  • Hi Remi!
    I used the aescript installer, with no other plugins installed, and diopter crashes when loading. Any ideas? 

What kind of info do you want/need? 
    Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 2.43.45 PM.png
    687 x 489 - 475K
  • Hi Remi!

I used the aescript installer, with no other plugins installed, and diopter crashes when loading. Any ideas? 

What kind of info do you want/need? 
    Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1046
  • I  purchased and downloaded the app Diopter. Followed your directions. I Have downloaded numerous apps. Diopter does not appear in scripts - rebooted computer - I can't find it anywhere.any suggestion other than "wake up from this nightmare"
  • I  purchased and downloaded the app Diopter. Followed your directions. I Have downloaded numerous apps. Diopter does not appear in scripts - rebooted computer - I can't find it anywhere.any suggestion other than "wake up from this nightmare"
    Diopter is a plugin not a script, you will find it under the Effects menu. If you require help or are experiencing issues please open a support ticket and include screenshots so we are able to help you further.
  • Hi - I'm getting an ugly green dither-style pattern when using Diopter on 16- and 32-bit projects. Is this a bug/limitation? It disappears when I switch to 8-bit... but then everything else looks grim instead ;-)
  • Hi - I'm getting an ugly green dither-style pattern when using Diopter on 16- and 32-bit projects. Is this a bug/limitation? It disappears when I switch to 8-bit... but then everything else looks grim instead ;-)
    I´ve got the same issue. This must be a bug.
    I´ve got the same issue. This must be a bug.
    I'm also unable to use this plugin in anything other than 8-bit. Is this not 16/32 compatible? If so, could you please mention it on the compatibility tab? And perhaps discount or refund me? I need this to be 16-bit.
  • I just purchased the plug in and am creating some pretty cool effects.  But, what is the footage used for, and how do i use it?
  • Footage (video or picture) can be used as Lens (Lens map to be precise). You add it into your comp with a layer with Diopter. Then choose 'Custom map' as Lens Type. And choose your footage layer! Thats it!
  • Hello,
    Do you plan to do this for FCPX ?! I know a lot of people ready to buy it...
  • Hi Sandro,
    Well I'd like to but for now this is not planned. If you know a good developer let me know :)

Regards,

Rémi MONEDI
  • After applying diopter, the drop down for presets does not load.  Preset folders copied to the below.  Restarted computer...tried all the normal tricks.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018\Support Files\Presets

Win 7 AE 2018

• After applying diopter, the drop down for presets does not load.  Preset folders copied to the below.  Restarted computer...tried all the normal tricks.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018\Support Files\Presets

Win 7 AE 2018

Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1046
  • Hello Mr. Monedi

I just had to reinstall diopter after a clean install of my computer
    now the presets won't show in the dropdown. I had the same issue when I first installed it a long time ago and I remember you had some fix for this issue _ could you please help me out again?

awesome plugin by the way!! diopter is an absolute treat to have in my toolbox!
    thank you so much for this!!!!

greetings from switzerland
  • Hello Mr. Monedi

I just had to reinstall diopter after a clean install of my computer
    now the presets won't show in the dropdown. I had the same issue when I first installed it a long time ago and I remember you had some fix for this issue _ could you please help me out again?

awesome plugin by the way!! diopter is an absolute treat to have in my toolbox!
    thank you so much for this!!!!

greetings from switzerland
    Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1046
  • Does this plugin support 32bpc?  Need confirmation before purchase.
  • Does this plugin support 32bpc?  Need confirmation before purchase.
    Yes, it does support 32bpc!
  • Nice product!
  • please upgrade compatibility to cc20. 
  • please upgrade compatibility to cc20. 
    Hi Brian,
    Diopter is compatible with AE CC2020. If you're having any issue with it, please open a support ticket.
  • This would be more useful to me as a Premiere plug-in.  Is that compatibility planned?
  • This would be more useful to me as a Premiere plug-in.  Is that compatibility planned?
    Hi James, yes I know! As soon as I created Diopter I wanted to make it compatible with editing softwares (PP, FCP, Resolve) but adapting AE plugin to these softwares is not an easy task. So I'm taking my time on this one with other new features for the next version of Diopter!

Have a great day
  • Hi There, I downloaded and installed and for some reason the render is coming with X over it. I've installed using AE Scripts plugin manager...Any tips on how to solve this?
    Thanks 
  • Hi Decio, did you copy and paste your License code in the "Options" window of Diopter? 
    You can find this code under the "My Downloads & Licenses" section in your account page.
  • Hi There, I downloaded and installed and for some reason the render is coming with X over it. I've installed using AE Scripts plugin manager...Any tips on how to solve this?
    Thanks 
    Please review our License Code FAQ to solve most licensing issues: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-code-faq/
    If you still need assistance, please open a support ticket and include screenshots so we are best able to assist you:
  • Hi there, I just purchased diopter and had a question. can you tell me where I put the Diopter Footage Pack_1.0 folder please? many thanks. Tim
  • Hi there, I just purchased diopter and had a question. can you tell me where I put the Diopter Footage Pack_1.0 folder please? many thanks. Tim
    Hi Tim, you can put the footage pack wherever you like! In AE, just browse to its location if you need it, there are just footage you can use or not.
  • Could someone help me?
    After installing there is no Diopter there.

• Hi there - love this plugin - but want to know if you are updating it to be compatible with AE 2022 Multi-Frame Rendering? 
    Thanks, 
    Gary
  • Gary Bird said:
    Hi there - love this plugin - but want to know if you are updating it to be compatible with AE 2022 Multi-Frame Rendering? 
    Thanks, 
    Gary
    Hi Gary and thanks! Well it is extremely hard to find a good dev for AE and I have another plugin to finish first but Diopter is second on my list, I add this on the to-do list, thank you for the input!
    Have a great day!
  • I have the newest version but when I use 32bit it says it only works in 8-16bit?
  • I have the newest version but when I use 32bit it says it only works in 8-16bit?
    Hey Joshua. Yes, Diopter doesn't use the 32bpc workspace but don't worry you can use it in 32bps, it will just look the same as in 8bpc.
    I'm planning on fixing that in the next big version.
  • Love the plug-in. Just upgraded to a m1 Mac and it is not yet compatible with after effects running on m1.
  • Hi there. We're currently using Diopter on a large production and noticing occasional banding issues despite working in 16 bpc. I know this has been mentioned in previous comments, but can I just 100% clarify that while the plug in will function in a 16/32 bpc environment, it is actually only an 8bpc effect at the moment?

If this is the case, do you have an approximate target date in mind for a full 16/32 bpc version as this could be something of a stumbling block for us!

Cheers
  • Hey, it's been a while since Adobe released the M1 native AE version and Diopter is still not compatible. Any updates on this? Is a fix planned or should we try to get a refund? Thanks.
  • Hey, it's been a while since Adobe released the M1 native AE version and Diopter is still not compatible. Any updates on this? Is a fix planned or should we try to get a refund? Thanks.
    Hi Hannes, 
    The new version (1.0.5) is M1+ ready!
  • Love the plug-in. Just upgraded to a m1 Mac and it is not yet compatible with after effects running on m1.
    Hey Brian,
    First, really sorry for the super long delay of response.
    Second please see the previous message and don't hesitate to get a refund!
    Have a great day.
  • Hi there. We're currently using Diopter on a large production and noticing occasional banding issues despite working in 16 bpc. I know this has been mentioned in previous comments, but can I just 100% clarify that while the plug in will function in a 16/32 bpc environment, it is actually only an 8bpc effect at the moment?

If this is the case, do you have an approximate target date in mind for a full 16/32 bpc version as this could be something of a stumbling block for us!

Cheers
    Hey Michael,
    Well I'm late on a lot of messages u_u' . Sorry for the very late reply!
    Yes! even in 16/32bpc Diopter will work in 8bpc.
    I don't plan to change it for this version (it will need to rewrite a huge part of the code) and there are so much changes in After Effects and Apple right now, it's way better for me to think for a V2 of Diopter.

Have a great day!
    Hi Hannes, 
    Unfortunately I don't plan to make this version of Diopter M1 compatible :  it will probably mean rewriting all the code and with everything happening right now for AE 2022 (Multi Frame Rendering, New AE SDK, new Apple notarization system, ...), I'd rather work on a new and better V2 of Diopter! (just need to find the time...)
    So yeah, don't hesitate to open a support ticket and request a refund if you are within the refund window and sorry for the inconvenience :/
    Diopter is finally M1+ ready! And Multi-frame rendering too!
  • Diopter is finally M1+ ready! And Multi-frame rendering too!
  • Diopter is finally M1+ ready! And Multi-frame rendering too!
    Thank you for this! _o_
  • Just saw this update. Awesome ! Thanks a lot !
  • Hi guys

I love Diopter but since updating to the latest version of AE 2022, any Diopter Presets I use, crash AE instantly... is there a known issue, and can you advise, please?

Thanks,
    Gary Bird