Super Morphings
  • Hi there! It's super script, but i have problem with slicer - after dividing two shapes in different pieces i do the same action as you show in tutorial, like select cntl+ and all pieces go to last one i select, not each one i select before. So if i got 10 pieces (5 in one shape and 5 in another) 9 pieces go to last one i select. 
  • Hi there! It's super script, but i have problem with slicer - after dividing two shapes in different pieces i do the same action as you show in tutorial, like select cntl+ and all pieces go to last one i select, not each one i select before. So if i got 10 pieces (5 in one shape and 5 in another) 9 pieces go to last one i select. 
    Hello Dartr, I had the same problem with slicer, After selecting last piece click "Control + Shift + Click morph" button. This will solve the problem. Basically you need to press both Control + Shift .
  • Is there a way to morph layer 1 to 2, and then 2 to 3 or should I split my layers to do two separate morphings?

Also could you please explain what the Shift/Alt/Ctrl/Cmd do differently and what are their equivalent on Mac ? 

Thanks in advance !
  • I'm getting error after error on my first day using.  Does this not work on 3D layers?

Updating after day 2.
    This needs an update to be a viable option.  The expressions need to be updated so you can use it on items that already have keyframes on them.  In its current state you get errors and issues when you are ready to use it at the end of a position, scale, etc move.  In order to use, I'm having to split the layer once its in its resting place, delete all keyframes on the new layer, then use "Morph It!".

Cool idea, but not ready for a purchase price. Spending more time getting it to work in a standard workflow that it would take me to do the keyframes myself.

Also, you'll want to make sure all your anchor points are centered within the shape or you'll get some poor results.
  • Is it me or does this not actually morph, it is just making one disappear and replacing with with the other. Why would that be something I want. I paid for this and it is not really working.

Update:

After using this for a few days I have to wonder if it is more frustrating that it is worth. Sometimes when I do not like how it morphed and undo, it permanently changes other aspects of the project. Like turns down the opacity in another layer for almost zero reason I can think of.

Now do not get me wrong, I love the concept and I know how hard this is to get right, but I also think you should know the trouble we are having and this one seems very off. 
  • I was trying to figure out if this actually does any advanced morphing of one shape into another or not. The included videos do things at high speed so can't particularly tell. Would like to see this done at slow speed so can see the actual morphing paths that are being generated if that's how the script works. If not, should be more clear so people have a clear idea of what they're paying for.
  • The result is a pleasing effect, but in examining the basic "morph" frame by frame the first shape disappears on one frame and the second shape appears on the next frame. Not exactly a morph by any means, but again it's an attractive result.
  • I was trying to figure out if this actually does any advanced morphing of one shape into another or not. The included videos do things at high speed so can't particularly tell. Would like to see this done at slow speed so can see the actual morphing paths that are being generated if that's how the script works. If not, should be more clear so people have a clear idea of what they're paying for.
    There is a tutorial on the page, where are shown all the possibilities of the script, and also there is a trial version. You can also ask for refund if you already payed, but not pleased with the result. If you face any technical issue, you can also ask for support. So from my point of view, there everything here to keep customer happy.
  • Is it me or does this not actually morph, it is just making one disappear and replacing with with the other. Why would that be something I want. I paid for this and it is not really working.

Update:

After using this for a few days I have to wonder if it is more frustrating that it is worth. Sometimes when I do not like how it morphed and undo, it permanently changes other aspects of the project. Like turns down the opacity in another layer for almost zero reason I can think of.

Now do not get me wrong, I love the concept and I know how hard this is to get right, but I also think you should know the trouble we are having and this one seems very off. 
    Sorry to hear about issues you face. We will check the script on the problems you have and then fix them
  • I'm getting error after error on my first day using.  Does this not work on 3D layers?

Updating after day 2.
    This needs an update to be a viable option.  The expressions need to be updated so you can use it on items that already have keyframes on them.  In its current state you get errors and issues when you are ready to use it at the end of a position, scale, etc move.  In order to use, I'm having to split the layer once its in its resting place, delete all keyframes on the new layer, then use "Morph It!".

Cool idea, but not ready for a purchase price. Spending more time getting it to work in a standard workflow that it would take me to do the keyframes myself.

Also, you'll want to make sure all your anchor points are centered within the shape or you'll get some poor results.
    This is a top priority for next updates
  • Is there a way to morph layer 1 to 2, and then 2 to 3 or should I split my layers to do two separate morphings?

Also could you please explain what the Shift/Alt/Ctrl/Cmd do differently and what are their equivalent on Mac ? 

Thanks in advance !
    Shift and alt are already there on mac, ctrl is usually the cmd key on mac. With shift you can morph pairs of layers, as it explained in the tutorial. Ctrl/cmd does morph without backward move.
  • Awesome tool! I really like it!

I just can't remember what CTRL, ALT etc keys do. So I would be really thankful if there would be simple explanation of the "Hotkeys" behind the "?"button. Some tools show tooltips while you keep your mouse cursor over a specific button, works as a good reminder. Just my thoughts though!

Thanks so much for this awesome tool!

• Just wanted to point out that the link Video Tutorial link in the About panel is now inaccessible
  • Just bought Morphings script, where can I find the assets used for the tutorial?
  • So when I do a morph which with whole words does not work all that well but that is fine, but once I cut the layers that are no longer needed, the entire Composition basically negates all the morphs and they show up like they never been morphed at all. This of course is annoying and I am pretty sure creates unnessary lag. 
  • Awesome tool! I really like it!

I just can't remember what CTRL, ALT etc keys do. So I would be really thankful if there would be simple explanation of the "Hotkeys" behind the "?"button. Some tools show tooltips while you keep your mouse cursor over a specific button, works as a good reminder. Just my thoughts though!

Thanks so much for this awesome tool!

Hello! Sure, we will add it in the next update
  • Just wanted to point out that the link Video Tutorial link in the About panel is now inaccessible
    Yes, sorry, it will be fixed in the next update
  • Just bought Morphings script, where can I find the assets used for the tutorial?
    Do you really need them?
  • So when I do a morph which with whole words does not work all that well but that is fine, but once I cut the layers that are no longer needed, the entire Composition basically negates all the morphs and they show up like they never been morphed at all. This of course is annoying and I am pretty sure creates unnessary lag. 
    Hi! I don't sure that I understand what you mean. Can you open the support ticket and attach to it the record with an issue you have?
    No worries! I apologize if that came out aggressive. Didn't know the comment section would remove a cute emoji I put there. Fantastic job by the way, but I agree that with current suggestions applied, the script would be 10x better.
    No worries! I apologize if that came out aggressive. Didn't know the comment section would remove a cute emoji I put there. Fantastic job by the way, but I agree that with current suggestions applied, the script would be 10x better.
    We keep working on the script, a lot of plans, so stay tune!
  • Hi There,

What does it mean when I get this error message?

Error Name: Error
    Error Message: After Effects error: Unable to call "setValueAtTimes" because of parameter 2. NaN is not a number.
    Error on line: 193
    Source: undefined
    Filename:/c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects 2020/Support Files/ScriptUI Panels/Super Morphings.jsxbin

Thanks

• Angi Wren said:
    Hi There,

What does it mean when I get this error message?

Error Name: Error
    Error Message: After Effects error: Unable to call "setValueAtTimes" because of parameter 2. NaN is not a number.
    Error on line: 193
    Filename:/c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects 2020/Support Files/ScriptUI Panels/Super Morphings.jsxbin

Thanks

Hello! Open a support ticket please
  • After I have selected layers and applied the Super Morphings, what's the best way to remove it if I need to change something?

I manually deleted keyframes and the controller layer, however when I re-applied it the controller layer didn't come back.

I looked in the "?" help that's part of the plug-in, however there was no info.  Thanks.
  • After I have selected layers and applied the Super Morphings, what's the best way to remove it if I need to change something?

I manually deleted keyframes and the controller layer, however when I re-applied it the controller layer didn't come back.

I looked in the "?" help that's part of the plug-in, however there was no info.  Thanks.

Hello! If you want to change something right after you applied Super Morphings, the best way to do this would be to use "Undo" command with Ctrl/Cmd + Z. But if you already made some other actions you want to keep, yes, you need to manually delete keyframes and expressions and change in and out points and opacity. If you don't sure in what you do, before act you may duplicate layers and disable them, and in that case you may always delete experimental layers and start over again with the original state. Hope this will help
  • Will you be upgrading this for CC2021?
  • Is there any way to undo this once actioned? I'm having a bit of nightmare trying to remove the effect after the project is already complete.
  • Drew Kirk said:
    Is there any way to undo this once actioned? I'm having a bit of nightmare trying to remove the effect after the project is already complete.
    Hello! Do you mean undo right after applying effect or undo after some other work? You can undo by Ctrl+Z, if the Morphing action still in the buffer, but after closing and opening project again it's impossible to undo this action in a single click. Not only this action in particular, but any scripted actions
  • Is this still in development?
    Hello! What do you mean?
    Hello! What do you mean?
    I mean there hasnt been an update for a while, I wonder if it is still in active development, or if it is dormant.
  • Super Morphings doesnt show up in CC 2021? Is this going to be fixed soon?
    Hello! What do you mean?
    I mean there hasnt been an update for a while, I wonder if it is still in active development, or if it is dormant.

Yes, the update is in plans. Now all the efforts are concentrated on a huge update for Character Tool
  • Super Morphings doesnt show up in CC 2021? Is this going to be fixed soon?

Are you sure you have the script in your 2021 ae's Scripts Folder?
  • Hi, I tried to install this but I get this error whenever I try to use it:

"Unable to execute script at line 5. null is not an object."
  • Hi, I tried to install this but I get this error whenever I try to use it:

"Unable to execute script at line 5. null is not an object."

Hello! Please, open the support ticket, please
  • Error Name: Error

Error Message: After Effects error: Unable to call “setValuesAtTimes” because of parameter 2. Value 518918,91 out of range -30000 to 30000.

Error on line: 185

File Name: 6 

Hello! I have a problem with this script. 

Do you know what I'm doing wrong? 

Thank you in advance

• Error Name: Error

Error Message: After Effects error: Unable to call “setValuesAtTimes” because of parameter 2. Value 518918,91 out of range -30000 to 30000.

Error on line: 185

File Name: 6 

Hello! I have a problem with this script. 

Do you know what I'm doing wrong? 

Thank you in advance

Hi! Open, please, a support ticket with the following: Project, the record of the error and the info about your system and ae version
  • I've been pondering buying this plugin - but I'd like to know this:

Can I morph one image layer to a second image layer, and then morph that second image layer to a third? Does that work easily, or does it just work from A to B, so to speak?
  • I've been pondering buying this plugin - but I'd like to know this:

Can I morph one image layer to a second image layer, and then morph that second image layer to a third? Does that work easily, or does it just work from A to B, so to speak?

Hi! It depends on how do you want to do this. Some things are easy to do, some need more skill and time, some would be easier to do manually.
  • Hi,

Is it possible to bake the animation into key frames?

Cheers!

• I want to buy Super Morphings. I downloaded the demo to try, but I get "Unable to execute script at line 5. null is not an object" when I try to load the plugin. Is there a fix to this? I see others have the same issue. Thanks.
  • You absolutely should have mentioned that not only it does not support 3d layers, which is at least mentioned by another user exclusively here, nor does it work with proper vector graphics. It's messed up whenever 'continuously rasterize' is turned on, it simply does NOT work with shape layers and in those scenarios when it works - smaller objects get scaled with Transform effect itself and result in a blurry pixelated mess. If the last one is more of a technical limitation, essential work with shapes when we're talking about morphing is a MUST and I simply don't understand how this could be ignored everywhere.
  • When I launch 1.0.2 in AE 2022 I get the following message: "Unable to execute script at line 29. a does not have a constructor."

Version 1.0.0 is still working though.
  • When I launch 1.0.2 in AE 2022 I get the following message: "Unable to execute script at line 29. a does not have a constructor."

Hello! Sorry for this issue, I already have updated the script, please, get the latest version, it should work fine

Hello! Sorry for this issue, I already have updated the script, please, get the latest version, it should work fine
    Yes! The update from 8 Feb is working. Thank you for your quick response.
  • I downloaded the trial and am testing it out. It's hard to justify the expense with it not working with 3D layers. I feel like that should be mentioned somewhere. Or even better that functionality added to the script
  • I downloaded the trial and am testing it out. It's hard to justify the expense with it not working with 3D layers. I feel like that should be mentioned somewhere. Or even better that functionality added to the script
    Hi! I thought it kinda useless with 3D, cause it's mostly about 2d transformations, but... From the other hand why not? I'll add it to the future updates list
  • Just wanted to comment again in case anyone is considering purchasing this, do not. It is not worth the money or the hassle of trying to get it to work. And when it does work, it's not that great of an animation anyway. I understand that building something like this is difficult, and it's never going to please everyone, so I don't mean to be harsh. I have just wasted so much time on this thing and wanted to warn others in case they are on the fence.
  • Hi im testing this out via the trial and im running into an issue of morphing to objects that are simlar. Like of of the same letters but in different colours. The first part of the animation plays but then it disapeers and doesnt show the end. Ive tried converting the letters to objects, tweaking the first letters paths to make it not the exact same. These didnt work. If i morph from a U to an N its fine but U to U of a different colour doesnt work.