• Love this! Been looking for something like this for a long time! Opens up a lot of possibilities. 

If you update it, I would love an option to split at every, say 20 pixels along the length of the pre comp - so that it forms a regular grid that I can fake a bent layer with. Even better if it had an option to add an expression that would bend every layer incrementally with a degree slider. 

Great work!
  • What I have done to do that is to use After Effects Raytrace-3D. You can bend your layer when using raytrace. https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/bending-2d-layers there they tell you how to do exactly :)
  • But it would be nice to have an option when you you are not using the Raytracer! The Raytracer introduces many limitations so it's not always a viable option. This would also work in older versions of AE :)
  • Potentially found a bug. Have only tested on Windows (7) running latest version of CC-- if you hit 'cancel' or escape out of the popup at the 'Name your Pre-Comp' phase, the script crashes at line 395.
  • hmmm... intressting, thanks! Will look it up!
  • Potentially found a bug. Have only tested on Windows (7) running latest version of CC-- if you hit 'cancel' or escape out of the popup at the 'Name your Pre-Comp' phase, the script crashes at line 395.
    I tried but for me I never got an error message (running same setup as you). Can you screencapture it or take some prints of it?
  • But it would be nice to have an option when you you are not using the Raytracer! The Raytracer introduces many limitations so it's not always a viable option. This would also work in older versions of AE :)
    Yes - exACtLY  - I don't think I'll ever use the ray tracer until they make it usable. Your script is perfect for bending layers/precomps - but tedious at the moment to do it. Would be an awesome update that would make it extremely versatile for those of us that hate AE's current ray trace option.
  • Hi 

The script does not work in AE CC 2014... when I change from horizontal to vertical AE crashes....

• I just tried it and there were no problems for me. Can you create a ticket here, capture your problem with http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ and send to me?
  • Hi,
    I've exactly the same problem as Andreas Kretschmeier on AE CS5 :
    The script does not work in AE CC 2014... when I change from horizontal to vertical AE crashes....
    Can u do something?

• Hi,I've exactly the same problem as Andreas Kretschmeier on AE CS5 :The script does not work in AE CC 2014... when I change from horizontal to vertical AE crashes....Can u do something?

" title="Perceuse Haussmann.pdf" role="img" style="font-family: Helvetica; line-height: normal; font-size: 12px;">
    Can you create a ticket here, capture your problem with http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ and send to me? I never got an answer from Andreas Kretschmeier, so if you help me I'll be able to look into it directly!
  • This is an incredible script. I only have a question. I am using it on AE CC 2015, and when I split an image, it doesn't create a Null controller; although I have it check in the preferences. It does add a null controller if I am splitting a Pre-comped animation. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks
  • This is an incredible script. I only have a question. I am using it on AE CC 2015, and when I split an image, it doesn't create a Null controller; although I have it check in the preferences. It does add a null controller if I am splitting a Pre-comped animation. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks
    Hi! Thanks for the good words! I'll check in what's happening and why you don't get a nullcontroller!
  • Hi there.  Great script.  I am wondering how I can add a "back" to a fold.  Just a plain white color instead of the back of the layer. 
    Thanks!
    Karen
  • Hi Jacob,

I had downloaded and installed your 3D Splitter and can't see it on my M1. :(
    Such a pity because your video made it look really cool. 
  • Jieun Noh said:
    Hi Jacob,

I had downloaded and installed your 3D Splitter and can't see it on my M1. :(
    Such a pity because your video made it look really cool. 
    use our manager app to install it: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/ After installation, restart AE and you will find it under the Window menu