• The fonts that can be modified with this seems very limited. From all fonts I got, only one font stupports this
  • The fonts that can be modified with this seems very limited. From all fonts I got, only one font stupports this
    Hello Miska 

You should be able to work with all the Variable fonts installed on your machine, so there is something not working well in your case. Would you be able to 'install for all users' one of the Variable Fonts which is not currently read by VariFont and let me know how it goes?

Look forward to hear from you

Dani
  • I am curious before I buy, especially based on Mint Design's comment. How many fonts are actually included? Does it work for all of my fonts? As someone that works within brand guidelines, I would love to buy this, but it does me no use if I can't use our brand-approved fonts.

Looking forward to the information, thank you.
  • I am curious before I buy, especially based on Mint Design's comment. How many fonts are actually included? Does it work for all of my fonts? As someone that works within brand guidelines, I would love to buy this, but it does me no use if I can't use our brand-approved fonts.

Hello Troy

Sorry for the slow reply

We have designed VF to read all the fonts in your system. If you want to test the plugin's discoverability of the fonts, I have attached a little zip with Mac and Windows utility programs. Here's how you can use it:

1. Open Command Prompt (Win) or  Terminal (Mac)
    2. Run the file (fonttest.exe on Win, fonttest on Mac) and possibly write the result in a separate file . ex: "[folder path]\fonttest.exe" > [folder path]\foundFonts.txt

That will scan the system for fonts and detect which ones are Variable. In the newly created file you can then search: 'variable: true'. This will give you a preview of the Variable Fonts that will be read from the plugin

Hope this help, any questions please let me know

Many thanks
    Dani

zip
    zip
    FontTest_1.0.zip
  • Selecting Varifonts only in the plugin in AE2020 on a Mac causes AE to crash.
  • Selecting Varifonts only in the plugin in AE2020 on a Mac causes AE to crash.
    Hello Bill

Thanks for purchasing VariFont. I'll be happy to assist you in troubleshooting this issue, but I have to ask you to open a support ticket using the link below the 'Post Comment' button. You can simply copy and paste your message in the Message box and I will give you details on how to proceed

Thanks for your patience
    Dani

• I have a question before I buy it.

Does the Korean font work well with the plug-in?

I'm worried about buying it in the comments that it's limited to fonts.

Thanks
  • I have a question before I buy it.

Does the Korean font work well with the plug-in?

I'm worried about buying it in the comments that it's limited to fonts.

Thanks

Hello Min Thanks for getting in touch VariFont is designed to work with all fonts regardless of your OS or Language. If for some reason there’ll be any issues with font extension, we are committed to solve them Hope this helps Many thanks Dani
  • Hi Daniele — looks great! What is the difference between this and Type Morph?
  • Hi Daniele — looks great! What is the difference between this and Type Morph?

Hey Jonathan Thanks for getting in touch - interesting question VariType is a plugin that allows to work with Variable Fonts natively in AE On the other hand Type Morph is a script that works with regular fonts and by turning the characters into shapes simulated some of the features peculiar of Variable Fonts Hope that answers your question, otherwise please last me know Thanks Dani
  • Hello,

I'm a little bit disappointed because I have not all the fonts installed through VariFont. The tool is great but for now it only works with one of my installed variable fonts. Also, it should work with synchronised fonts from the Adobe Fonts library? If not, is not very useful for me.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time!
  • Hello,

I'm a little bit disappointed because I have not all the fonts installed through VariFont. The tool is great but for now it only works with one of my installed variable fonts. Also, it should work with synchronised fonts from the Adobe Fonts library? If not, is not very useful for me.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time!
    Hello Borja

Thanks for your feedback

In order to support technical issues like yours you should open a ticket using the link below the 'POST COMMENT' button

Alternatively, just use this URL
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1635

Many thanks
    Dani
    Hello Miska 

You should be able to work with all the Variable fonts installed on your machine, so there is something not working well in your case. Would you be able to 'install for all users' one of the Variable Fonts which is not currently read by VariFont and let me know how it goes?

Dani
    Did that to Roboto, still deosn't work. Only font I see is Bahnschrift.

Hello Troy

Sorry for the slow reply

We have designed VF to read all the fonts in your system. If you want to test the plugin's discoverability of the fonts, I have attached a little zip with Mac and Windows utility programs. Here's how you can use it:

1. Open Command Prompt (Win) or  Terminal (Mac)
    2. Run the file (fonttest.exe on Win, fonttest on Mac) and possibly write the result in a separate file . ex: "[folder path]\fonttest.exe" > [folder path]\foundFonts.txt

That will scan the system for fonts and detect which ones are Variable. In the newly created file you can then search: 'variable: true'. This will give you a preview of the Variable Fonts that will be read from the plugin

Hope this help, any questions please let me know

Many thanks
    Dani

Nothing happens when I run it or click it, even with Run as Administrator. Also Cmd logfile output doesn't show anything and config file goes to ...\Roaming/VariFont/config.txt but there is no folder called VariFont in Roaming. Only VariFont called folder is in ...\Roaming\Aescripts\VariFont.
    Hello Miska 

Dani
    Did that to Roboto, still deosn't work. Only font I see is Bahnschrift.
    Hello Minska

Variable fonts are a very specific type of file, an evolution of the OpenType font specification that enables many different variations of a typeface to be incorporated into a single file, rather than having a separate font file for every width, weight, or style.

After Effects does not support VF, but with VariFont you can now use VF in AE. However, you have to make sure you have VF installed on your machines. There is a great Variable Font shared on GitHub, could you please download it, install it and then try to open it via VariFont?

• Would love to see a Premiere Pro tutorial 
  • Hi Daniele,
    Great plugin, amazing work!

I have a little problem  - 
    When I use the plugin with right to left (Hebrew) variable font, it messes up the kerning between the first two letters.
    Only the two. Sometimes it does it to the last two letters also. It's very inconsistent and seems to be some kind of a bug.
    Any suggestions? 

Thanks you!
    Meitar.

• Would love to see a Premiere Pro tutorial 
    Hello Liam

I'll work on that, in the meantime, please find attached a User Guide for Premiere Pro. This is normally included in the product download

Any questions, please let me know
    Thanks
    pdf
    pdf
    VariFont_UserGuide_Pr.pdf
  • Hi Daniele,
    Great plugin, amazing work!

I have a little problem  - 
    When I use the plugin with right to left (Hebrew) variable font, it messes up the kerning between the first two letters.
    Only the two. Sometimes it does it to the last two letters also. It's very inconsistent and seems to be some kind of a bug.
    Any suggestions? 

Thanks you!
    Meitar.

Hello Meitar,

We're glad you like the product

For technical issues like this you should open a ticket, using the link below

When you open the ticket, could you please share the font file with us?

Many thanks
    Dani
  • When I choose the "block" alignment it doesn't do anything — is this supposed to justify? I am trying to animate so that the width of the block of text stays the same, and I would assume that's what this is supposed to do, no?
  • When I choose the "block" alignment it doesn't do anything — is this supposed to justify? I am trying to animate so that the width of the block of text stays the same, and I would assume that's what this is supposed to do, no?
    Hello Ethan
    Thanks for your comment
    Although this is more the case of a support ticket, I will reply here
    Alignment: Block works on the paragraph block, just like the paragraph icon  so you will see how it works exactly if you have a multiline text - see attachment

It is virtually impossible with Variable fonts to animate say the Weight axis and preserve the same width before the kerning changes with the characters thickness. However, you can achieve something similar by compensating the tracking

Hope this helps, any questions please let me know

Alignment_Block.jpg
    1095 x 638 - 61K
  • I'm sorry, but for this amount of money I really expect a stable plugin or script.
    This one is bugy. As well there is not a entire documentation.
    Fill Transparency doesn't work with animator.
    It crashes if I use to much text.
    The range for axis animation and ramp does not work properly.
    Really want the money back!
  • I'm sorry, but for this amount of money I really expect a stable plugin or script.
    Hello Dennis
    We are sorry to hear about your frustration
    As you might know processing Text in AE is very tricky
    I would a very interesting to hear from you details of the faults you are experiencing, so we can make a better tool. However it sounds like you only want your money back 
    That's absolutely fine by us, but you need to open a ticket for that - and in fact for any technical problem with Scripts/Plugin

Please write something like:  "I would like to be refund because ..." in the link below and make sure to click on > No thanks, I'd like to open a new support ticket

Many thanks
    Dani
    Hello Dennis
    I would a very interesting to hear from you details of the faults you are experiencing, so we can make a better tool. However it sounds like you only want your money back 
    That's absolutely fine by us, but you need to open a ticket for that - and in fact for any technical problem with Scripts/Plugin

Please write something like:  "I would like to be refund because ..." in the link below and make sure to click on > No thanks, I'd like to open a new support ticket

Many thanks
    Dani
    Hey Dani,
    no, keep the money, since I'll use the plugin for the project I bought it for. But now different then expected.
    And yes I'm frustrated, in my opinion it is not okay to launch a plugin without communicating that it's beta (or very tricky with text processing in AE) and charge that much.
    Hello Dennis

Many thanks
    Dani
    Hey Dani,
    no, keep the money, since I'll use the plugin for the project I bought it for. But now different then expected.
    And yes I'm frustrated, in my opinion it is not okay to launch a plugin without communicating that it's beta (or very tricky with text processing in AE) and charge that much.
    Hello Dennis

This is not a beta version. We published in August and haven't had major technical problems, so far just a few customers having trouble with loading the fonts in AE, mostly with Macs - because of the OS upgrade

We do test our products thoroughly; however, accounting for all the different users workflows and uses is simply impossible. When someone gets in touch with technical problems we are committed to offer them a solution as soon as we can

It seems like you are pushing the boundaries, which is generally a good thing, but you are finding limits we haven't spotted yet - sorry about that. If you would like to share with us your issues, we will do our best to solve them.

As I have said before for technical problems like yours a support ticket should be opened instead: please find the link below the 'POST COMMENT' button

Look forward to hearing from you

Best regards
    Dani
  • Hey,

Any reason why I'm getting a shaky/jumpy transition with the weight axis?

Thanks,
    Harrison
  • Hi,

I just purchased the plugin, it's working fine, only one problem is that the animation is wiggly, not smooth at all, any ideas why? Thanks
  • Hey,

Thanks,
    Harrison
    Hi Harrison, I'm having the same problem, did you get any answer?
  • Hi,

I just purchased the plugin, it's working fine, only one problem is that the animation is wiggly, not smooth at all, any ideas why? Thanks
    Hello Naji

I'll be happy to take a look at that, but for this technical support I'd need you to open a support ticket instead - please use the link below the 'Post Comment' button

Would you mind sharing the font and a screen recording of the issue please?

Many thanks
    Dani 
  • Naji El Mir said: Harrison Marshall said: Hey,
    Thanks,Harrison Hi Harrison, I'm having the same problem, did you get any answer? Hello
    Harrison

I'll be happy to take a look at that, but for this technical support I'd need you to open a support ticket instead - please use the link below the 'Post Comment' button

Would you mind sharing the font and a screen recording of the issue please?

Many thanks
    Dani
  • Hello –

I am also having issues with the motion not being smooth. It looks to me as if the type doesn't change between whole integers. 

So, for example, if I keyframe between value 1 and value 100 over 80 frames, my tweened frames return fractional numbers, like 5.86. As I scrub through the timeline, it appears as if the viewport will only render a difference at value 5 and value 6, making some frames appear as if they have no changes. The problem is exacerbated by heavy easing, of course. I would assume it would only require a small tweak in the source code to render fractional values, but I'm no developer.

Besides that, this is a wonderful tool which fills the glaring void Adobe has left in After Effects. The Range Offset feature really makes this shine.

Keep it up!

Brian
  • Hello –

I am also having issues with the motion not being smooth. It looks to me as if the type doesn't change between whole integers. 

So, for example, if I keyframe between value 1 and value 100 over 80 frames, my tweened frames return fractional numbers, like 5.86. As I scrub through the timeline, it appears as if the viewport will only render a difference at value 5 and value 6, making some frames appear as if they have no changes. The problem is exacerbated by heavy easing, of course. I would assume it would only require a small tweak in the source code to render fractional values, but I'm no developer.

Besides that, this is a wonderful tool which fills the glaring void Adobe has left in After Effects. The Range Offset feature really makes this shine.

Keep it up!

Brian
    Hello Brian
    Sorry for the slow reply
    Thank you so much for your appreciation, it means a lot to us!
    We are currently troubleshooting this issue, which luckily affects only a few fonts and not the majority
    Thanks for your suggestion as well, however we already send fractional values for variation parameters to the renderer. It seems to be something much deeper than that which - again, we are currently investigating  
    Hope I'll be able to update you with good news soon
    All the best
    Dani
  • Hey there  -- I purchased this but whenever I put the effect on a solid it has a red grid over everything. I'm assuming it's like a  watermark for people without licenses. 

Just curious how I can get in contact with support to figure it out 

thanks!
  • Hey there  -- I purchased this but whenever I put the effect on a solid it has a red grid over everything. I'm assuming it's like a  watermark for people without licenses. 

thanks!

Hello, can you please open a ticket for this? Thanks

thanks!
    Hello Chent,

You still haven't opened a ticket, can you let us know if your problem is solved? Otherwise we'll be happy to help - just open a ticket using this link 

Many thanks
  • My AE is crashing when I hit Play …
    If this is not solved this plugin is trash and I want a refund.

Best
    Ant

• Ant Rhi said:
    My AE is crashing when I hit Play …

Best
    Ant

Hello Ant

Lovely to hear from you, thanks for your feedback

This is the first time we have a similar report with our plugin.

In general, there are issue with the "Legacy UI" feature in After Effects 17.7. Please have a read at this article and let us know if this is your case?

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/after-effects-17-legacy-ui-issue/

Otherwise, please open a support Ticket for technical support

Regards
    Dani

• Ant Rhi said:
    My AE is crashing when I hit Play …

Best
    Ant
     https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/after-effects-17-legacy-ui-issue/
  • Hi !
    I'm interested in purchasing this plugin, but I want to use it in a Motion Graphic Template (.MOGRT). I did not find the option in the demo to change the displayed text with an expression. Is there any way around this ?

Thanks !
  • Hi !
    I'm interested in purchasing this plugin, but I want to use it in a Motion Graphic Template (.MOGRT). I did not find the option in the demo to change the displayed text with an expression. Is there any way around this ?

Thanks !
    Hello Phileas

Thank you for the excellent questions! 

Most of the plug-in properties are supported by the Essential Graphics panel, but the plug-in is supported only via the Dynamic Link, which means you'll be able to use the mogrt only on the same computer where AE is installed

The only property that is not supported at all is indeed the 'Source Text': the string is fed to the plugin via an external component and is not dynamic I am afraid

Hope this helps
    Any questions please let me know

Regards
    Dani 
  • Hi !

Thanks !
    Hi again Phileas
    I forgot to mention that although the mogrt compatibility is limited, you can use VariFont in natively in Premier Pro as well!
    Best,
    Dani
  • am i the only one getting this message???
    Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 20.20.54.png
    508 x 630 - 189K
  • Just downloaded the trial, its totally crashing After Effects each time I use the variable font button? Is this going to be the case on purchasing the script?
    Can you tell me how to rectify this beofre I buy....?
  • Noa Ganot said:
    am i the only one getting this message???

Hello Noa, Il be happy to help with this, but it is necessary that you open a ticket via the link below

Many thanks
    Dani
  • Just downloaded the trial, its totally crashing After Effects each time I use the variable font button? Is this going to be the case on purchasing the script?
    I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Recently there have been a few bug reports from Mac users and there are a couple of articles I would like to share with you:

Could you please let me know if any of these articles are helpful?
    Thanks

• Hello,

I downloaded the trial version and when I try to use Hebrew (Right to Left) text & fonts it flips the character order and mass up the Kerning in a way that I can't use it.

I really want this to work and buy the full version, I'm currently doing my final project and this tool is exactly what I need. if you can resolve this bug I would be grateful !

thank you!
    Tal
  • Is there any chance to convert the animation in vector / shape / mask ? If yes, how ?
    I need to export it in svg with Bodymovin (to play with lottie)
  • Hello there,

I have a problem with the use of my fonts. It doesn't show me the font in the DropDown menu and a can use only one font...
    Can I use the fonts from the Adobe Creative Cloude?
  • Hello there,

I have a problem with the use of my fonts. It doesn't show me the font in the DropDown menu and a can use only one font...
    Can I use the fonts from the Adobe Creative Cloude?

Hello Tobias No, unfortunately you can’t use fonts from Adobe Creative Cloud. You have to download a font on your file system and install it “for all users” if you’re on Windows If you’re using a Mac, in font book preferences you need to have the default install location set to computer Hope this help anything more technical please open a ticket Many thanks Dani
  • Hi Daniele,
    Trying out your plugin and I'm curious if I'm missing something or if what I'm trying to do is just really difficult. I'm animating the width axis (narrow to wide, which is simple enough) but I'm also attempting to animate character scale to keep the overall width of the word equal throughout the width axis change, and it seems to be just about impossible to sync those two things up. Any advice?