• imageReTrack

It's a motion-tracking engine and editor. Use together all types of AE tracked data and re-track difficult shots precisely with selections. Adjust bad tracking by working above tracked keyframes.

https://aescripts.com/retrack/

• Love this tool man!
  • Love this tool man!
    Thank you :) 
    An in depth tutorial is on the way
  • Hello, 
    Great tool! Quick question, though: How do I close the settings window? I'm running it on a Mac/AE 2020/Catalina.
  • Hello, 
    Great tool! Quick question, though: How do I close the settings window? I'm running it on a Mac/AE 2020/Catalina.
    Hi Kevin
    Thank you! Just close the edit window, no need to confirm
  • Hello, tool looks great!

If I was to use this plugin and send the project file to my client. Would they need to buy this pluing to open and edit the file?

many thanks
  • Hello, tool looks great!

If I was to use this plugin and send the project file to my client. Would they need to buy this pluing to open and edit the file?

many thanks
    Hi Sunny
    thank you :)
    no, don't worry, ReTrack uses standard AE tools, so they don't need it to open AE projects.
    Cheers

• Hello, 
    Hi Kevin
    I can't close the "settings" window either... there's no way to, no "dismiss" button at the top of the "settings" window... no "close" button—it's just there. And I'm locked out of AE until the window is closed... if I click anywhere else while the window is open, I get a clicking alert sound. The only way I can get rid of it is to force-quit AE. Please help. BTW, I'm excited to use this tool... it's gonna be very handy. Thanks.
  • Hello, 
    Hi Kevin
    I can't close the "settings" window either... there's no way to, no "dismiss" button at the top of the "settings" window... no "close" button—it's just there. And I'm locked out of AE until the window is closed... if I click anywhere else while the window is open, I get a clicking alert sound. The only way I can get rid of it is to force-quit AE. Please help. BTW, I'm excited to use this tool... it's gonna be very handy. Thanks.

Hi Ted
    Thank you. I'll look into the issue but please open a support ticket, so I can send you an update to test.
  • Just came to say that this tool is Awesome! What ever you doing with tracking or masks.... This is a game changer! I just did super quick roto, that I believe would have taken 4-5x the time without ReTrack.
  • Just came to say that this tool is Awesome! What ever you doing with tracking or masks.... This is a game changer! I just did super quick roto, that I believe would have taken 4-5x the time without ReTrack.
    Hey Miika thank you! I really appreciate :)
  • Here's few ideas that came to my mind:
    -Feature that would turn mask vertices into null objects. This would allow user to manually or with another tool to adjust the tracking data that comes out of mask tracking. After adjusting the null's you could run ReTrack. 
    -In the mask editor there is SET/DELETE/RESET buttons. It would be cool if you could BAKE the edited mask. I mean that would allow you to bake the adjustments and make new adjusments on top of that. 

The mask editor in itself is such a game changer! Even if you wouldn't use ReTrack function (which is awesome) having the ability to have "secondary keyframes" on top of the mask is soo awesome! Thanks x10!
    -Feature that would turn mask vertices into null objects. This would allow user to manually or with another tool to adjust the tracking data that comes out of mask tracking. After adjusting the null's you could run ReTrack. 
    -In the mask editor there is SET/DELETE/RESET buttons. It would be cool if you could BAKE the edited mask. I mean that would allow you to bake the adjustments and make new adjusments on top of that. 

The mask editor in itself is such a game changer! Even if you wouldn't use ReTrack function (which is awesome) having the ability to have "secondary keyframes" on top of the mask is soo awesome! Thanks x10!
    Hey Miika thanks for appreciating Retrack and also for the suggestions.

1) I will look into an easy and smooth way to add this feature.

2) That's clever :) I will add it to the next update

Hey Miika I added the bake feature as requested :)
  • Awesome ! Works perfect and is a great help ! Thanks, Marco !
  • Awesome ! Works perfect and is a great help ! Thanks, Marco !
    Hi Konrad, happy to hear that, and thanks again for reporting the bug.
    :)

• Hey!
    The tool seems super nice. One question though: is there a limit to lenght or resolution?
    I am working on a 4K Ultra HD (4608x2592) and if I am tracking a 48 sec Clip it crashes - it seems I can do shorter stretches (such as 12 sec) - can I do anything to process the whole thing in one go?

Cheers
    Lars
  • Hey!
    The tool seems super nice. One question though: is there a limit to lenght or resolution?
    I am working on a 4K Ultra HD (4608x2592) and if I am tracking a 48 sec Clip it crashes - it seems I can do shorter stretches (such as 12 sec) - can I do anything to process the whole thing in one go?

Cheers
    Lars
    Hi Lars,
    I'm glad you like the tool. I didn't test clips longer than 10 seconds, but as far as I can tell there is no resolution or time limit for retracking process. Just one question: what kind of tracking data are you working with? Trackers, 3d solids, masks?
  • It boggles my mind why this isn't a build-in function of after effects straight off the shelf. Mask tracking only makes sense in conjunction with this plugin.
  • If I would have to rate this on 0-10 scale, I would give this AWESOME! (10+). 

Thanks for adding the baking feature for the masks. It's a game changer for that tool as now you can basically make infinite "overall" adjustments for the masks on top of each other. 

-The "white squares" that ReTrack creates are with 100% opacity. Sometimes this makes drawing a mask harder as you might not see a specific detail due to these white squares. What if you could set a custom opacity from settings and the default opacity could be something where you can easily see the white square, but at the same what is behind it.

-ReTrack is insane as you can also use data from 3D Camera Tracker. I think it would bee too much, but what if ReTrack could make 3D camera solves or 3D object solves based on the data or data that the user would highlight. If this would be possibly, you could skip ReTrack2.0 and go straight to 3.0 haha! =)

Thanks once again for this awesome tool! 
  • If I would have to rate this on 0-10 scale, I would give this AWESOME! (10+). 

Thanks for adding the baking feature for the masks. It's a game changer for that tool as now you can basically make infinite "overall" adjustments for the masks on top of each other. 

-The "white squares" that ReTrack creates are with 100% opacity. Sometimes this makes drawing a mask harder as you might not see a specific detail due to these white squares. What if you could set a custom opacity from settings and the default opacity could be something where you can easily see the white square, but at the same what is behind it.

-ReTrack is insane as you can also use data from 3D Camera Tracker. I think it would bee too much, but what if ReTrack could make 3D camera solves or 3D object solves based on the data or data that the user would highlight. If this would be possibly, you could skip ReTrack2.0 and go straight to 3.0 haha! =)

Thanks once again for this awesome tool! 
    Hi Miika,
    thanks a lot for your advices and passionate support!
    Well, ReTrack 2 is going to be online very very soon :) and it will be possible to modify squares size and color (not opacity) on the fly.
    Hahah right! I realized a 3D version of Retrack would need a different approach and would have to be rewritten from the ground up. A new program itself with a lot of hard coding. Well, let's enjoy upcoming v2 and never say never.