• The presets contained in the download is a project file.  Do you have .ffx files for this plug in?
  • How does this compare to FoxReveal in terms of functionality?
  • does anyone know if this is compatible with bodymovin?

• PURCHASED IT RIGHT NOW.  SEPT.17,2020 11:50AM
  • Very cool - great job. Works so well out from 1.0 - very fast and easy to work with!

How difficult would it be to incorporate an additional delay option - that would enable offset sequencing of the individual Points/Spawners by X number of frames?
    This would be so you could have each letter of a word draw on, but a small amount of control over where the point begins each letter, while retaining the other more universal settings available.
  • Simply great. Deconstructing the presets alone is an eye-opener.
  • The presets contained in the download is a project file.  Do you have .ffx files for this plug in?
    Hi Mike
    The presets were generally too complex to package into .ffx (although .ffx are convenient). But we will look into converting presets from .aep to .ffx
  • does anyone know if this is compatible with bodymovin?

Hi Ilya

AutoFill outputs a rasterised image so it's not compatible with bodymovin unfortunately.
  • How does this compare to FoxReveal in terms of functionality?
    Hi Robert
    I'm not very experienced with FoxReveal, but from what I can see AutoFill can reveal both shapes/paths and images/precomps, where Fox works just with shapes/paths.
  • Very cool - great job. Works so well out from 1.0 - very fast and easy to work with!

How difficult would it be to incorporate an additional delay option - that would enable offset sequencing of the individual Points/Spawners by X number of frames?
    This would be so you could have each letter of a word draw on, but a small amount of control over where the point begins each letter, while retaining the other more universal settings available.
    Hi Cale

Glad you like it. And thank you for the suggestion, I can see that being quite useful. We'll keep it in mind for future updates. 
  • Great Plug-in!  But I have not bought yet. Now I am using trial version.
    On my PC,after using AutoFill,once I exit AE, AE can not be started(until reboot my PC).
    I am using AE_CS6 on Win10(not supported)  Is it because it is traial version specification?
  • Great Plug-in!  But I have not bought yet. Now I am using trial version.
    On my PC,after using AutoFill,once I exit AE, AE can not be started(until reboot my PC).
    I am using AE_CS6 on Win10(not supported)  Is it because it is traial version specification?
    Hi Akihiro

I don't believe this is a trial specific issue. Could you please let me know what happens when you try to re-launch AE? Does it get stuck on a particular process (loading mediacore, etc)?
  • Thanks! I understand it is not trial specific. After using this plugin,I exit AE_CS6, then I click AE's icon to restart AE, and wait.  Nothing happens. My PC has enough cache area and 64GB memory.
    I think it might be causing conflict with another plugins or softwares.(I do not have knowledge about it,but my AE_CS6 has many scripts and plugins.)
  • Thanks for the plugin - I just bought it. It does exactly as described, but it chews up processing power and I can't get even a simple text reveal to preview smoothly at all.

Not sure if I've done something wrong or there's a setting I can change?) (I am using a number of 'autofill' effects on numerous words to build up a short sentence, so maybe that's it?) or if my machine's just too old (late 2014 5K imac) but it does seem really processor intensive.

Rendering out takes an age too.
  • Hi, seems great so far but I'd love to know how to run it in reverse. So, instead of revealing shapes, hide them.

Thanks.

• Bought it!  This is such a cool plugin!
    I will second what @Cale Oglesby suggested- having control over the delay of individual points.  I'm getting around this right now by setting my Growth Source to "Layer."  I have a precomp for my Source layer and I'm animating little circles to intersect my text at the point I want them to start.
  • Thanks! I understand it is not trial specific. After using this plugin,I exit AE_CS6, then I click AE's icon to restart AE, and wait.  Nothing happens. My PC has enough cache area and 64GB memory.
    I think it might be causing conflict with another plugins or softwares.(I do not have knowledge about it,but my AE_CS6 has many scripts and plugins.)
    Hi Akihiro
    I've received another report of this happening, and I'm currently investigating the cause and a solution. 
  • Thanks for the plugin - I just bought it. It does exactly as described, but it chews up processing power and I can't get even a simple text reveal to preview smoothly at all.

Not sure if I've done something wrong or there's a setting I can change?) (I am using a number of 'autofill' effects on numerous words to build up a short sentence, so maybe that's it?) or if my machine's just too old (late 2014 5K imac) but it does seem really processor intensive.

Rendering out takes an age too.
    Hi Eugene

In short, I would suggest enabling the "Enforce Strict Caching" and seeing if something is causing the cache to become invalidated. Clicking "Resimulate" is the best bet to ensure the caching is correct. 

In long (I'll soon be adding this to the documentation and doing a video tutorial on this topic)
    AutoFill is a simulation. When you render the first frame, AutoFill stores that result in memory so that it can calculate the next frame faster. This is referred to as caching. 

But what if you want to preview frame 100 without rendering all previous frames? In short, you can. It will just take longer to compute since the plugin needs to do a lot of calculations to work out what the result should be at frame 100 compared to frame 1. The further in time you want to suddenly preview, the longer it will take to compute. Again, this is not the case if you’re simulating one frame at a time. Because if you already have frame 99 cached, frame 100 will be quick to compute.

If you notice that your AutoFill is previewing ridiculously slowly, you’ve probably broken the caching and AutoFill is now calculating each frame from scratch. The way to check this is by turning on “Enforce strict caching”. This way, AutoFill will alert you when the cache is invalidated by rendering a warning message. This is useful for diagnosing things that are invalidating the cache. Remember that if the caching is invalidated, a render could take exponentially longer than if the cache was valid. 

Hope this helps. If you're still having issues please open a support ticket so I can address this.  
  • Hi, seems great so far but I'd love to know how to run it in reverse. So, instead of revealing shapes, hide them.

Thanks.

Hi Frank

You can do this by going into the compositing options and setting it to "Alpha inverted matte". 
  • Bought it!  This is such a cool plugin!
    I will second what @Cale Oglesby suggested- having control over the delay of individual points.  I'm getting around this right now by setting my Growth Source to "Layer."  I have a precomp for my Source layer and I'm animating little circles to intersect my text at the point I want them to start.
    Hi Eric

Thanks for your comment. You should be able to get around precomposing the growth source if both layers are set to continuous rasterisation. Let me know how you go, precomping is a pain!
  • Hi PluginEverything,

Great Job! Will the plugin be developed further in the direction of vector/Illustrator files? Because currently it does not really work for me
  • How do I change the text on the presets?
  • A very good idea, but this plugin only supports 8 bit. Truly James, this is 2020, please update your product to support 16 and 32 bit.
  • Just purchased this and I'm trying to use the presets however when I add an object or logo to the "Your Logo" comp, nothing happens.

It should work - not sure what I'm doing wrong...please help.
  • I'm not sure if this was ready. The menu options 'break' so that the stopwatch appears in the middle of the text and it's definitely not an intuitive set of options given. There was an email saying that there was an update here but there is no update here. 
  • When I render with Media Encoder, the effect doesn't show up. I'm assuming I did something wrong, the effects works just fine on RAM preview. 
  • Hi PluginEverything,

Great Job! Will the plugin be developed further in the direction of vector/Illustrator files? Because currently it does not really work for me
    Hi Fabian

Thank you. AutoFill is compatible with vector/illustration files, if you're having trouble could you please open a support ticket so I can find a resolution for you?
  • How do I change the text on the presets?
    Hi Michael

You can either replace the supplied logo with your own logo, or add a text layer instead. 
  • A very good idea, but this plugin only supports 8 bit. Truly James, this is 2020, please update your product to support 16 and 32 bit.
    Hi Peter

Understood. The decision was made because uploading/downloading from the GPU is quite a bottleneck and 32bpc would make that process take 4x longer. 
  • I'm not sure if this was ready. The menu options 'break' so that the stopwatch appears in the middle of the text and it's definitely not an intuitive set of options given. There was an email saying that there was an update here but there is no update here. 
    Hi Lindsay

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It seems the update didn't propagate to the product page and is only available in the aescripts manager app. I'm looking into a workaround now so that the update will appear on the website. I apologise for the inconvenience. 
  • When I render with Media Encoder, the effect doesn't show up. I'm assuming I did something wrong, the effects works just fine on RAM preview. 
    Hi Brandon

It should work with media encoder, could you please restart AME to refresh the plugin loading? If it's still missing, please open a support ticket so I can find a solution.
  • Hi James,

Thanks for you reply, but is there a way to specifically run the simulation in reverse? So, invert the alpha and then make the alpha-shapes shrink instead of grow? I'm specifically thinking of Auto Filling large flat shapes, not lines, so to speak. Hope that makes sense.
  • Hi James,

Thanks for you reply, but is there a way to specifically run the simulation in reverse? So, invert the alpha and then make the alpha-shapes shrink instead of grow? I'm specifically thinking of Auto Filling large flat shapes, not lines, so to speak. Hope that makes sense.
    Hi Frank
    I think I understand you. Currently there's not a parameter to run it in reverse, so we'll have to consider that in a future update. It can currently be achieved (albeit by precomposing) and setting the time remapping to reverse. 
  • Hi there,

I just downloaded the render only license for AutoFill after using the trial which was originally working fine and now it doesn't display anything in the composition window. I'm using the AE presets project which I have updated with a new logo. I'm in the "2) Edit AutoFill" composition and I have tried using the 'Resimulte' button and tried checking on 'Force Strict Caching' and I've had no luck. I've also tried it in a new project and have the same issues.

I get the following message when I open the project:

"The plugin 'AutoFill' has a render only license that only works in the command-line renderer!"

Thanks
    I also had this issue when I downloaded and used the trial
  • After deactivating and switching between trial and render only I can see it working on trial and then not working on render only. Even if deactivate the license while I work and then activate once done and hit render (which isn't an ideal way to work), I get weird glitching happening where AutoFill is just flashing on and off.

Is there a certain way to use the render only license? I can't seme to find any information. It seems like a great tool - I was really relying on this for a project with a close deadline so if I could get a quick response that would be great, thanks!
  • Hi!
    I have a question about the script, does it work with .png, .tga, .tiff image sequence or it just works with single image ? Thank you
  • Hi!
    I have a question about the script, does it work with .png, .tga, .tiff image sequence or it just works with single image ? Thank you
    Hi Guillaume

It works with all image format types, and it can be used on an image sequence but the behaviour may not be as expected. I suggest downloading the free trial and let me know if you have any issues.
  • After deactivating and switching between trial and render only I can see it working on trial and then not working on render only. Even if deactivate the license while I work and then activate once done and hit render (which isn't an ideal way to work), I get weird glitching happening where AutoFill is just flashing on and off.

Is there a certain way to use the render only license? I can't seme to find any information. It seems like a great tool - I was really relying on this for a project with a close deadline so if I could get a quick response that would be great, thanks!
    Hi Jared

I've responded to this via email, but I wanted to add that yes the AE.exe process not shutting down correctly is a known issue and we're currently working to address it. Until then, the task can be manually ended via task manager to allow AE to start again.
  • Great plug-in! Just bought it. It seems buggy when animating the speed. If I want it to start fast then slow down, it often jitters/flickers and reverts back to an earlier point in the reveal for several frames. Thx!
  • I have a problem with the speed map. I have one connected to my autofill (made with Turbulent Noise) and it only loads in the top left corner. I don't know how to move it down or load throughout the whole comp.
  • Just Wondering Can The Presets Be Changed To Different Aspect Ratios?
  • Hello, I bought it and... it doesn't work. Crashed After Effect :( 
  • Great plug-in! Just bought it. It seems buggy when animating the speed. If I want it to start fast then slow down, it often jitters/flickers and reverts back to an earlier point in the reveal for several frames. Thx!
    Hi Michael
    Thank you! Animated parameters can cause this, however the solution is to hit the "resimulate button". If AutoFill is nested inside a master comp, I would place a "dummy" copy of AutoFill in the main comp, turn it off, and use it's resimulate button. The resimulate button will purge AE & AutoFill's cache, and start previewing from the work area. Let me know how you go, if the issue persists please open a support ticket and we will work to find a resolution.
  • I have a problem with the speed map. I have one connected to my autofill (made with Turbulent Noise) and it only loads in the top left corner. I don't know how to move it down or load throughout the whole comp.
    Hi Jessika
    I've sent you an update via your open support ticket. 
  • Just Wondering Can The Presets Be Changed To Different Aspect Ratios?
    Hi Oliver

Yes they can be. This could be done manually by changing the resolution of each of the nested comps, or making everything continuously rasterised. 
  • Hello, I bought it and... it doesn't work. Crashed After Effect :( 
    Hi Marta
    Sorry about that. If you're on mac, I'd recommend opening the AutoFill Presets 2019.aep and that should fix the issue. Otherwise, please open a support ticket and I will assist you.
  • Здравствуйте! не могу начать работу с этим плагином. Он вс е время дает предупреждение. image 
    Тhis effect only supports 8 bit per channel color. Using this effect in a 16 bit per channel project may reduce color precision
     Помогите решить эту проблему
  • Здравствуйте! не могу начать работу с этим плагином. Он все время дает предупреждение. image Help solve this problem
    Hi Igor

Could you please let me know which error message comes up?