Squash & Stretch Pro
  • Yet another great plugin from MamoWorld, as expected.
    This will make a great impact in my workflow as I can finally focus on the design of my projects.

Very intuitive UI with amazing results in seconds! 
    Lots of hours will be saved!

• Once installed, where is it located in AE?
  • Thank you for the kind words, Marc! Always happy to hear from happy customers :-)

Yet another great plugin from MamoWorld, as expected.
    This will make a great impact in my workflow as I can finally focus on the design of my projects.

Very intuitive UI with amazing results in seconds! 
    Lots of hours will be saved!

• It is in the Ae menu at
    Window->Extensions->Squash & Stretch
    Once installed, where is it located in AE?

• Ah dang.  Was really hoping this would have been compatible with CS6.
    Yes, unfortunately, these kinds of UIs can only be created with CEP extensions which are not yet available in CS6...
  • Hi there

I've just bought and successfully installed Squash & Stretch Pro, but I'm getting this error message every I time I try to use it:

'unable to execute script at line 1. undefined is not an object'

Running AE CC 2018 on Windows 10.

Mamoworld products normally work wonderfully out of the box, but not this time I'm afraid :(

Can you help, please?

Gary Bird

• Hey Gary,
    the product is tested extensively on various platforms. We had over 1500 installs of Squash & Stretch the last days and you are the only one reporting this issue so far. Not sure what is going on, but it must be something very specific to your system, maybe some conflicts with other scripts/extensions that you have installed.

Could you please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/
    with as many details describing the issue, in particular:
    - when does the error occur? When you launch Squash & Stretch or when you try to apply a behavior?
    - do you have any other scripts/extensions open in your UI or had them open before launching Squash & Stretch? Does it work if you close all of them, restart Ae and then try to launch Squash & Stretch again?

• It is very weird – just now I tried again, this time starting in a new comp with nothing in it, and it worked perfectly! I think I was trying to be too clever and attempting to use it with 3D group nulls in Element 3D... Now I know how it works (and so easily), I am very happy – it is a completely magical game-changer, Mathias – you have put SO much work into this it’s amazing!

Yes, unfortunately, these kinds of UIs can only be created with CEP extensions which are not yet available in CS6...
    Thanks Mathias.  I understand & won't get my hopes up.
  • Hello,
    I'm applying Throw with Rotation to a layer in a 3840x2160 comp. The layer was imported as part of a PSD comp, retaining layer sizes. The layer is 1035x323 in size. The first half of the Throw with Rotation animation happens entirely outside of the comp window. Since Throw with Rotation only allows End Of Behavior Timing, I've set the layer to where its ending position should be, but only the last half of the animation appears in the comp window. The first two bounces happen off screen. By adjusting the Oomph I can get the animation start point to change but it feels very imprecise as the behavior preview window isn't proportional to my comp. Am I doing something wrong? 

Thank you. You've already saved me a ton of time with several of your other behaviors but I feel a little stuck here.
    -michael
  • Hi Michael,
    reducing Oomph is the right thing to do in that case. oomph corresponds roughly to the distance traveled. So if the layer should travel only half of the distance to make more of it happen inside the comp, reducing oomph to 50% should do the trick.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • I use the free version of this plugin and it's amazing but a little limited on the number of behaviors you can use. Do you guys ever plan on doing a sale on the Pro version? I'd love to get it but at its current price, I can't afford it.

Thanks
  • Yes, there will be a sale for Squash & Stretch Pro (and all other mamoworld products) in the week June 4-8 as part of the summer of sales. For details see here
    https://aescripts.com/learn/summer-of-sales-2018/

I use the free version of this plugin and it's amazing but a little limited on the number of behaviors you can use. Do you guys ever plan on doing a sale on the Pro version? I'd love to get it but at its current price, I can't afford it.

Thanks

• splitting arabic text get bad result
    is there any fix
  • Hi Bilal,
    are you using the most recent version 1.1.001 of Squash & Stretch Pro? Did you make sure to enable the checkbox "RTL text" of the TextExploder dialog? If all that does not help, could you please open a support ticket at https://aescripts.com/contact/ and send me a sample project file containing a sample text both before and after the split?

splitting arabic text get bad result
    is there any fix

• I really like (and need badly) the animations I see in your tutorials. But for me, my clients want daily, and sometimes 2-daily very different , video commercials ready to go within 90 minutes of contacting us. I would need a person to devote all their time to setting up "presets" to plug in, and we cannot quite afford that yet.
    It might be just me ... but the process is a bit cumbersome as described in the tutorials. If you did a 5 minute tutorial of the Stair-step process, that might make the work-flow easier to understand.
    Just my thoughts ... 
  • Hi John,
    with the Cartoon Bundle, stair steps become much easier, as it contains an entire multiple stair steps movement in a single behavior. In the promo video of the Cartoon Bundle, it is used to animate the "37" text. (See the section "Case Study: Creating the Promo Video for the Cartoon Bundle" at https://aescripts.com/cartoon-bundle-for-squash-stretch-pro/). We will publish more tutorials with all details about this project during the next few weeks.
    To get the tutorials already earlier, please subscribe to our newsletter at https://mamoworld.com/subscribe Most likely already this Monday or Tuesday we will send a newsletter with all parts of this tutorial series (we always publish the tuts on the newsletter before publishing them anywhere else).

Also, if you have any ideas for additional behaviors, please let us know. We always look for ideas we can use for new behavior bundles.

Cheers,
    Mathias

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Most of the animations start outside of comps, even when I reduce the Oomph, is there a recommended Comp size to work on?
  • Hi Gonzalo,

the behaviors in the "In" and "Out" categories are designed to move things into and out of the composition. Hence, Squash & Stretch takes comp size (and to some extend also layer size) into account to make sure the animation looks good and moves so far that it starts (or for out behaviors ends) outside of the composition. You can avoid this by reducing the oomph, but need to lower oomph a lot to make it not move into or out of the comp. For normal moves, that should not leave the comp, best use the behaviors of the other sections.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • When will an updated version be available that includes TextExploder V2?

Thanks
  • Hi James,
    we are currently very busy preparing various things for the Cyber Week Sale.
    We will release a (free) update of Squash & Stretch Pro with the new TextExploder soon after that.

Cheers
    Mathias
  • Hi -
    Have the free version of Squash and Stretch and considering upgrading to the pro-version since I certainly see the utility of the script.
    Wanted to know if there's a way to save our own presets for this - or to modify the ones you provide and save those altered versions as well.

Thanks,
    Rob
  • Hi Robert,
    no this is not possible with the current version of Squash & Stretch (but on my list of feature requests)

Cheers,
    Mathias

Hi -
    Have the free version of Squash and Stretch and considering upgrading to the pro-version since I certainly see the utility of the script.
    Wanted to know if there's a way to save our own presets for this - or to modify the ones you provide and save those altered versions as well.

Thanks,
    Rob

• Just to chime in, I second the "save preset" feature.

Also, would it be possible to add a "start from cursor" option? I find myself guessing at the length and often having to move key frames to time properly, since the only option now is to end at the cursor.

. Own Pro and all the expansions and LOVE this script. Very impressive results and a HUGE time saver. Thanks!
  • Thank you for the feedback, Kevin!
    To get the exact length of a behavior, just click the "set workarea to behavior duration" button in the toolbar of Squash & Stretch.
    I have to think about a good solution to support the current time being the start of the behavior, even if the current position should be the one at the end of the behavior. Currently current time and current position are always treated the same (either both are at the beginning or at the end of the behavior). If I drop that, everything gets a bit more complex, but you are right that this is a bit annoying.
    Just to chime in, I second the "save preset" feature.

Also, would it be possible to add a "start from cursor" option? I find myself guessing at the length and often having to move key frames to time properly, since the only option now is to end at the cursor.

. Own Pro and all the expansions and LOVE this script. Very impressive results and a HUGE time saver. Thanks!

• Hello,

I've installed Squash and Strech Pro with ZXP installer, when I run it through Window>Extension, I get an empty blank window. All files are visible in the CEP folder of Adobe Extension. 
    Please let me know how to fix this issue
    Thank you
    Regards
    Rachida

• Hi Rachida,
    this sounds like a file permission issue. Please open a support ticket here
    and please mention which OS you are using.
    Then I can assign the ticket to the developers of the ZXP installer and they will help you to fix the issue.
    Cheers,
    Mathias

Hello,

I've installed Squash and Strech Pro with ZXP installer, when I run it through Window>Extension, I get an empty blank window. All files are visible in the CEP folder of Adobe Extension. 
    Please let me know how to fix this issue
    Thank you
    Regards
    Rachida

• do you have a timeline for a version that works with AE 2020?
  • Do you have any issues with it on 2020? On my systems it is working with Ae 2020.
    I just updated the compatibility list on the product page.

do you have a timeline for a version that works with AE 2020?

• This is a great plugin and I'm loving the versatility that is offers, one thing I'm struggling with though and I don't see a setting to change this....but the scale of the animations are insanely big...like if im using the drop function in the free plugin, to drop a logo onto screen it's coming from such a high place, then drops and bounces way off screen and therefore the only thing I'm actually capturing in frame is the final settle...I can't see a setting that scales down the size of the animation. I've tried editing the oomph and the amount of sq & str...but it doesn't change the scale.

I'm quite keen to buy the pro version because I need the other animation options, but I'm a bit reluctant if i have to manually adjust the keyframes to tone down the scale all the time...infact thats not even an option really.
  • Hi Andre,

the oomph does exactly that - scaling the motion path. However, when you have animate-in behaviors, it still ensures that the start of the animation is outside the comp, so even with low oomph it will not scale below a certain factor to ensure the animation starts outside the comp (so it really animates in).

Could you send me your sample project (in a support ticket) such that I can check what is going on in your particular case?
    Usually these automatic adjustments are there to ensure it always looks good, not to limit your options.

Cheers,
    Mathias

This is a great plugin and I'm loving the versatility that is offers, one thing I'm struggling with though and I don't see a setting to change this....but the scale of the animations are insanely big...like if im using the drop function in the free plugin, to drop a logo onto screen it's coming from such a high place, then drops and bounces way off screen and therefore the only thing I'm actually capturing in frame is the final settle...I can't see a setting that scales down the size of the animation. I've tried editing the oomph and the amount of sq & str...but it doesn't change the scale.

I'm quite keen to buy the pro version because I need the other animation options, but I'm a bit reluctant if i have to manually adjust the keyframes to tone down the scale all the time...infact thats not even an option really.

• Hi Andre,

the oomph does exactly that - scaling the motion path. However, when you have animate-in behaviors, it still ensures that the start of the animation is outside the comp, so even with low oomph it will not scale below a certain factor to ensure the animation starts outside the comp (so it really animates in).

Could you send me your sample project (in a support ticket) such that I can check what is going on in your particular case?
    Usually these automatic adjustments are there to ensure it always looks good, not to limit your options.

Cheers,
    Mathias

This is a great plugin and I'm loving the versatility that is offers, one thing I'm struggling with though and I don't see a setting to change this....but the scale of the animations are insanely big...like if im using the drop function in the free plugin, to drop a logo onto screen it's coming from such a high place, then drops and bounces way off screen and therefore the only thing I'm actually capturing in frame is the final settle...I can't see a setting that scales down the size of the animation. I've tried editing the oomph and the amount of sq & str...but it doesn't change the scale.

Hi Mathias...you are 100% correct, sorry I was changing both oomph and str & sq...instead just oomph... I see its working better now. Thanks...I've purchased the pro version now so I'm really looking forward to creating some cool animations. Thanks for your quick response.
  • Hi Andre

great to hear that it is working better for you now :-)
    Thank you for the feedback and have fun with Squash & Stretch Pro!

Hi Mathias...you are 100% correct, sorry I was changing both oomph and str & sq...instead just oomph... I see its working better now. Thanks...I've purchased the pro version now so I'm really looking forward to creating some cool animations. Thanks for your quick response.

• Can't render animation with Media Encoder :( 
  • Hi Marta,

can you render it with the Ae render queue? In general, Squash & Stretch just generates keyframes. If it looks good in the preview, but you cannot render your project, then something is broken in your Ae installation. Adobe support will be able to help in these situations. Sorry, I would love to be of more help...

Can't render animation with Media Encoder :( 

• Hi Marta,

can you render it with the Ae render queue? In general, Squash & Stretch just generates keyframes. If it looks good in the preview, but you cannot render your project, then something is broken in your Ae installation. Adobe support will be able to help in these situations. Sorry, I would love to be of more help...

Can't render animation with Media Encoder :( 

Sorry, I just closed Queue window in AME :D 
  • Hey, Hi.  
    With the latest update to AE 2021 S&S didn't copy over.  Trying to install the latest version using the zxp installer returns an error saying the application is incompatible.

Please advise.  :)  Thanks
  • Hi Paul,

please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/

Best include screenshots showing the error message.
    Then I will assign the ticket to the developer of the installer and he will definitely be able to help.

Hey, Hi.  
    With the latest update to AE 2021 S&S didn't copy over.  Trying to install the latest version using the zxp installer returns an error saying the application is incompatible.

Please advise.  :)  Thanks

• Please let me know when the Pro version will be available for the latest version of AE.  
  • Hi Brian,
    both Free and Pro are compatible with the latest version of Ae.
    If you have any issues, please open a support ticket and best attach screenshots showing the problem.

Please let me know when the Pro version will be available for the latest version of AE.  

• Hi there,

I have installed Squash & Stretch Pro through ZXP Installer. When I open AE 2020 and go to windows> Extensions nothing is there...? Am I missing a step? 

Thanks,

Shar
  • Hi Shar,

I see that you already opened a support ticket, which is exactly the right thing to do in this situation. I assigned the ticket to Kevin now, who develops our ZXP installer and will be able to help you.

General remarks:
    - make sure to restart Ae after the installation
    - make sure to use the aescripts + aeplugins ZXP installer which is available here:
    https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/
    - best attach a screenshot to the support ticket that shows Kevin how ZXP installer looks like after the installation (such that he can see if there is any error message, if it listed as installed correctly etc).

Hi there,

I have installed Squash & Stretch Pro through ZXP Installer. When I open AE 2020 and go to windows> Extensions nothing is there...? Am I missing a step? 

Thanks,

Shar

• Pretty disappointed with this. I've tried it on several projects and it doesn't work very well at all. It only really works on boxes.
  • Hi Drew,

thank you for your feedback! Are you able to share some examples with me? I want to understand better how you are using it and why the results are not looking well. Squash & Stretch analyzes the size of the layer relative to the comp and the aspect ratio of it, to tweak the behavior accordingly. There can be certain situations where Squash & Stretch simply has not much room for these optimizations - like behaviors with a very far move and a layer that is very big, such that there is simply not enough space for the move. In these situations either the move is too short or most of it happens outside the visible comp. You can still fine-tune this manually using the oomph parameter.

Cheers
    Mathias

Drew Kirk said:
    Pretty disappointed with this. I've tried it on several projects and it doesn't work very well at all. It only really works on boxes.

• Does this work with videos and images? 
  • Squash & Stretch works with all kinds of layers - images, videos, texts and shape layers.

Does this work with videos and images? 

• Hi! Excited to get started with the Pro version of this. Is there an easy way to uninstall the free one?
  • Hi Orrin,

You can uninstall it with aescripts + aeplugins ZXP installer.
    https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/
    When you hover over the product in the list of installed products, it will show an uninstall button.

The aescripts + aeplugins manager app (https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/) should be able to uninstall it, too.

You can also have both Free and Pro variant installed on the same machine (but when you have Pro there is really no need to keep the free variant).

Hi! Excited to get started with the Pro version of this. Is there an easy way to uninstall the free one?