AM Typewrite Text
  • Thanks a lot!
  • Hello 
    I just bought this script , I have four lines paragraph , how the make it enter new line it's keep writing in long horizontally!
    Thanks .   

• Hello 
    I just bought this script , I have four lines paragraph , how the make it enter new line it's keep writing in long horizontally!
    Thanks .   
    Hi Nasser,
    Thank you for purchasing our script. If I've understand your question correctly, You just need to select the text layer you want to apply the typewrite animation. set your preferences in script UI. Click on Execute button. It should work. If your paragraph is too long to complete the typewrite animation, Please increase the duration of current composition.

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji

• Hello 
    Thanks .   
    Hi Nasser,
    Thank you for purchasing our script. If I've understand your question correctly, You just need to select the text layer you want to apply the typewrite animation. set your preferences in script UI. Click on Execute button. It should work. If your paragraph is too long to complete the typewrite animation, Please increase the duration of current composition.

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji
    Thanks Maji, I just copy and paste a five line paragraph on the scrip UI , but when I execute I get one long line instead of multiple lines which get outside of the competition area the duration is sufficient but I think its related to the ability to do multi-line sentience , \r in expression act as return key.

• Hello 
    Thanks .   
    Hi Nasser,

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji
    Thanks Maji, I just copy and paste a five line paragraph on the scrip UI , but when I execute I get one long line instead of multiple lines which get outside of the competition area the duration is sufficient but I think its related to the ability to do multi-line sentience , \r in expression act as return key.
    This script actually can detect \r and END OF TEXT uni-code character. If you're using a paragraph text which have a bounding box around it, The text layer act as a multi-line text if the length of the text goes beyond the width of the bounding box created. However, if you select that text layer and apply this script to do type animation It will do the job. But when you copy the text inside the bounding box, It won't have any line breaks or END OF TEXT unless you manually entered it. Because paragraph text in Ae or edit text field in ScriptUI will just show you the rearranged form of single line text as multi-line text because of the bounds. Try inserting some new lines manually to your text. It's the finest way to do it. Then you won't get a long one line text animation.

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji

• Hello 
    Thanks .   
    Hi Nasser,

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji
    This script actually can detect \r and END OF TEXT uni-code character. If you're using a paragraph text which have a bounding box around it, The text layer act as a multi-line text if the length of the text goes beyond the width of the bounding box created. However, if you select that text layer and apply this script to do type animation It will do the job. But when you copy the text inside the bounding box, It won't have any line breaks or END OF TEXT unless you manually entered it. Because paragraph text in Ae or edit text field in ScriptUI will just show you the rearranged form of single line text as multi-line text because of the bounds. Try inserting some new lines manually to your text. It's the finest way to do it. Then you won't get a long one line text animation.

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji
    I'll be appreciated if you can do a video tutorial about multi lines   

• Hello 
    Thanks .   
    Hi Nasser,

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji

Goto 11:48 Seconds of the video. I hope this part of this video would explain the issue you're facing.. If you don't manually entered the new line in a paragraph it's not actually a multi line text. It just warping within the bounding box. So make sure to give the line break where ever you want to see the next line.
  • I can't get the multi-line working yet ! need your email please to show you.
  • I can't get the multi-line working yet !
    Can you submit a help ticket with either a project file, or a screen capture, or any additional information that might help us resolve this issue? https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1572

• Hello 
    Thanks .   
    Hi Nasser,

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji

Goto 11:48 Seconds of the video. I hope this part of this video would explain the issue you're facing.. If you don't manually entered the new line in a paragraph it's not actually a multi line text. It just warping within the bounding box. So make sure to give the line break where ever you want to see the next line.
    Thanks . now I get some good result , but some wired movement on the third line , 
  • I can't get the multi-line working yet !
    Can you submit a help ticket with either a project file, or a screen capture, or any additional information that might help us resolve this issue? https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1572
    I suggest you add an eyedropper for color selection and typewriter audio .  

• Hello 
    Thanks .   
    Hi Nasser,

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji

Best regards,
    Adirai Maji

Thanks . now I get some good result , but some wired movement on the third line , 
    I think the weird movement on third line happens on the last word of the line. It happens because the last word exactly matches with the boundary of the text layer's bounding box. when the cursor reaches the last word of that line, The bounding pushes the last word to next line with the cursor. May be that's what you think as a weird movement....

And thank you for the suggestions about eyedropper and audio. I'll take a look into that in future updates..
  • Hello,

is there a way to make the rtl text multicolor and some words?, right now when i change the color, then the whole text color changes which is not feasible, how can we fix that?
  • Naji Amer said:
    Hello,

is there a way to make the rtl text multicolor and some words?, right now when i change the color, then the whole text color changes which is not feasible, how can we fix that?
    Hi Naji,

At the moment AM Typewrite Text don't have multi color option some words for both RTL and LTR text. But I’ll definitely keep it in mind in future updates.
  • Hi Adirai!

I just wanted to reiterate what others have said before. It would be great to be able to adapt this script to where you can change the color of certain words. Currently, you can only have one color.

Additionally, I'd love to see if there was away to adapt this script to also include bolded/italicized words as well! For example, it would be amazing to have the script work with something like this: "Sometimes we bold words to show emphasis."

I know that the Typewriter effect is able to work with text layers that have bolded words and different colored blocks of text...but the Typewriter effect is of course missing the cursor. Hopefully this is something that's easy to fix!
  • Hi, thanks for a great script! How do I make the cursor go away when its done typing? Or stop blinking at least?
  • Hi, thanks for a great script! How do I make the cursor go away when its done typing? Or stop blinking at least?
    Hi, Thank you for asking this. Currently that function isn't added to the script yet. I'll include that in future updates. For now the simple way to achieve it, You can create two similar text layers with and without cursor. Once the animation finished. You can set the outPoint for the text layer with cursor.
  • Hi
    I just purchased and downloaded the script for the new AE, but every time I apply it - it made my AE crash and it's basically useless..
    please help
  • Hi
    I just purchased and downloaded the script for the new AE, but every time I apply it - it made my AE crash and it's basically useless..
    please help
    Hi, Thank you for purchasing the script. Seems like you've raised a support ticket related this issue. Let's discuss there and fix the issue.
  • Any 2022 updates coming soon?
  • Any 2022 updates coming soon?
    There will be an update available for this product. But it won't be any sooner since I'm currently working on other products.
  • Great plugin, just needs the ability to add a keyframe for the cursor to be on/off. Right now, the workaround is to pre-comp a AM Typewriter Text layer, and then time remap to a point where it stops blinking, then copy that keyframe, and paste it at the end of the layer so the cursor stays off after needed. A simple tick box in the Effect Settings tab for cursor on/off would make this plugin perfect. Anyhow, WAY nicer than having to manually animate this w/ expressions. Thanks for making it free :)
  • Great plugin, just needs the ability to add a keyframe for the cursor to be on/off. Right now, the workaround is to pre-comp a AM Typewriter Text layer, and then time remap to a point where it stops blinking, then copy that keyframe, and paste it at the end of the layer so the cursor stays off after needed. A simple tick box in the Effect Settings tab for cursor on/off would make this plugin perfect. Anyhow, WAY nicer than having to manually animate this w/ expressions. Thanks for making it free :)
    Please checkout the update. I've added Checkbox control for ON/OFF cursor.
  • Blink speed doesnt work!
  • tomer kat said:
    Blink speed doesnt work!
    You don't see the difference in Blink Speed while the text being revealed. The Blink Speed value affect the cursor only after the entire text revealed. In case your problem still happens after the text revealed entirely please ope a support ticket instead and share me detailed information with a screen capture about the problem and your After Effects Version.
  • Hey!

I usually do not leave a comment but I must say I have an issue which I can't resolve...

Everything about the script works fine except the "Cursor" and "Blink Speed" buttons, ie. it always looks the same.

At first I thought it might be because I'm running it on the latest version of AE 2024 (24.0.2) so I tried with an older version of AE 2020, both on my macbook and windows computer. Still the same issue, I can't seem to be able to change the cursor or its blink speed at all (no matter which value or character I apply, it always stays the same).

Since I tried to make it work on two different devices, I thought I would leave a word here in case there's a solution...

Thank you for your great work!

Best,

Enzo
  • Hey!

I usually do not leave a comment but I must say I have an issue which I can't resolve...

Everything about the script works fine except the "Cursor" and "Blink Speed" buttons, ie. it always looks the same.

At first I thought it might be because I'm running it on the latest version of AE 2024 (24.0.2) so I tried with an older version of AE 2020, both on my macbook and windows computer. Still the same issue, I can't seem to be able to change the cursor or its blink speed at all (no matter which value or character I apply, it always stays the same).

Since I tried to make it work on two different devices, I thought I would leave a word here in case there's a solution...

Thank you for your great work!

Best,

Enzo
    Hello, Thank you for reaching me out. It's weird that you don't see the change in Cursor, I'm on latest version of After Effects and it still works. You don't see the difference in Blink Speed while the text being revealed. The Blink Speed value affect the cursor only after the entire text revealed. In case your problem still happens after the text revealed entirely please open a support ticket and share me detailed information with a screen capture about the issue. I will then guide you through a potential fix.
  • I'll echo other peoples issues, changing the cursor does nothing. No support ticket needed really, I'm using it in 2023.6.2 on windows 10.

Also if you change the alignment the text moves back and forth at the end which makes it a bit useless unless you use left aligned.
  • I'll echo other peoples issues, changing the cursor does nothing. No support ticket needed really, I'm using it in 2023.6.2 on windows 10.

Also if you change the alignment the text moves back and forth at the end which makes it a bit useless unless you use left aligned.
    Thanks for the comment. I have just updated the script to version 2.0. The mentioned issue with the cursor not changing has been fixed.

The alignment change does affect the position of the text layer if you have the cursor enabled. Here's how it works: If you change the alignment of the AM Typewrite Text Layer, It will affect the position of the layer while the cursor is visible and blinking. If you want to avoid this, you can simply hide the cursor once the entire text is revealed.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else you'd like me to check!
  • Is there a way to add a square cursor like old computers.
  • Is there a way to add a square cursor like old computers.
    Currently, there isn't, but I will try adding this option in future updates. Feel free to reach out if you need more help or if you have any future updates to share!