Trim to Layer Above and Trim to Layer Below
  • TIMESAVER!
    The script even works on multiple selected layers!

Thx!
  • Amazing script, after 3 years found a bug: does not like to work as expected on Time-Reversed layers.
  • Amazing script, after 3 years found a bug: does not like to work as expected on Time-Reversed layers.
    Time-reversed layers have always been a weird quirk in AE. I would recommend you use Time-Remapping instead and the script should work as expected.

• Hi Lloyd,

I really like this script, 

Thank you so much

• Great script. Is there any way to make a panel out of this? Or a shortcut on PC? It would be great not having to make 3 clicks for make it work every time. Thanks !
  • Great script. Is there any way to make a panel out of this? Or a shortcut on PC? It would be great not having to make 3 clicks for make it work every time. Thanks !
    You can use KBar or Quick Menu for this.
    You can use KBar or Quick Menu for this.
    That seems to work great. Thanks !
  • Lloyd - I know this is an older script. But I use this all the time, many many times per day. I have a request if its possible. Trim/Fit between the layer above and below. So you have 2 layers on a time line in positions for say timing to audio, drop a new layer in then click the Trim/Fit/Gap fill one. and it takes the outpoint from the lower layer for example and the in point from the above layer then fills the gap. 
  • Lloyd - I know this is an older script. But I use this all the time, many many times per day. I have a request if its possible. Trim/Fit between the layer above and below. So you have 2 layers on a time line in positions for say timing to audio, drop a new layer in then click the Trim/Fit/Gap fill one. and it takes the outpoint from the lower layer for example and the in point from the above layer then fills the gap. 
    Great suggestion! While adding this feature I also added a dockable UI and KBar support! Check out the new 2.0 version i just posted. Check the faq on how to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
  • Hi Loyd, This is possibly my most used script and the new functionality is very welcome. I had this mapped to keys for trim below and above. The singel script/dockable panel kills this workflow if I'm not mistaken.

Is it possible to retrieve the old scripts, they seem to be gone and still have much use.
  • Is this more useful than Obsessive Layers?
  • Is this more useful than Obsessive Layers?
    Obsessive Layers has a lot more features :)