Switch Camera By Markers C4D
  • It does look like a nice, simpler alternative to the stage object. Quick question: If you have already created one setup, can more cameras be added by dragging them into the window and then reclicking "Create Markers," or do you need to start over?
  • It does look like a nice, simpler alternative to the stage object. Quick question: If you have already created one setup, can more cameras be added by dragging them into the window and then reclicking "Create Markers," or do you need to start over?
    You can drag new camera to the list, after that copy already exists camera marker and rename it to the newly added cameras name.  
  • Update v1.0.1 
    Now user can choose for which camera marker can be created

• This is cool. What would be cool though is if adjusting the markers also stretches the cameras animation, the amount of times I've extended a shot and forgot to extend the keyframes to the new cut when up against a deadline :/

Yeah linking keyframes to these cut markers would be insane I would literally pay quadruple what this costs for that!
  • I agree, that linking keyframes to the markers would be very beneficial. The suggested behavior should only pin the sum of animated keyframes (not stretch it) but move it, well not relative to the time span of the marker, but pin it to the first active keyframe.

Another suggestion is to have the new marker be created at the current time, instead of the position behind the first marker. Or at least to set the newly created marker as active object, so one can directly adjust the position in the attribute manager. Because most of the time I find myself working my way through the timeline (f-curve view) until I decide when a new camera should pick up the shot, so I'm already at the correct timeline position with my new camera when creating the marker for the camera. The timeline position where the camera is created currently is very far away to the left, out of my focus - at the same time I'm unable to just input the current timeline position as a value of the marker inside the attribute manager, because the marker is not active, so I have to scroll to the marker by extending my timelines view, loosing my current animation focus, pick the marker to make it active, then put in the current position. (that would be a nice little adjustment!)

Please have a look at tags correct evaluation, when using it on a render farm (redshift). Seems like frames get picked in a random manner. Maybe you have a workaround, or a baking solution?
  • Please have a look at tags correct evaluation, when using it on a render farm (redshift). Seems like frames get picked in a random manner. Maybe you have a workaround, or a baking solution?
    Thank you for that usefull suggestions! I'll take a look what can i do. To avoid problems with render farms try to deactivate "Reset on Frame 0" option on Python tag.
  • Pretty good idea. Only the rendered animation is one single darn long image sequence (or animation) allready cut. But I would need to have seperate image sequences named accordingly with "handles" (surplus frames in beginning and end) so that the Cutter can identify shots and cut them to his liking.
    Could there be a "create takes from markers" function (also adding rendersettings -> frame ranges)? Hopefully these ranges would update when moving the markers...
  • Pretty good idea. Only the rendered animation is one single darn long image sequence (or animation) allready cut. But I would need to have seperate image sequences named accordingly with "handles" (surplus frames in beginning and end) so that the Cutter can identify shots and cut them to his liking.
    Could there be a "create takes from markers" function (also adding rendersettings -> frame ranges)? Hopefully these ranges would update when moving the markers...
    Nice Idea! I'll be think about it!
  • Hi Mike, I was just wondering if this and Fast Spline Connector would be receiving an update to support S24.
  • Hi Mike, I was just wondering if this and Fast Spline Connector would be receiving an update to support S24.
    Hello! Actual version v2.0.3 seems to works on S24.
  • Does it work with R24 ? Would be great to get an update if it doesn´t!
  • Does it work with R24 ? Would be great to get an update if it doesn´t!
    Sure! It works.
  • Switch Camera By Markers is really good! It works in R26!

• Does it support R26?
  • Your scripts are very nice. I would like to continue using it, but it does not work on C4D2023.
    Please fix it.
  • Your scripts are very nice. I would like to continue using it, but it does not work on C4D2023.
    Please fix it.
    Done! Please download the new version v1.0.3
  • Appreciate this script! Instead of merging the provided C4D file each time, I'd like to save it as a preset or such to access regularly from within C4D. Any suggestion of the best way to do this?
  • Appreciate this script! Instead of merging the provided C4D file each time, I'd like to save it as a preset or such to access regularly from within C4D. Any suggestion of the best way to do this?
    1. If you use Cinema 4D R2023 and upper you can save Switch Camera scene as asset then drag it the panel from asset browser. Tutorial here
    2. Use this my script to get quick access to it.
  • Using switch camera with camera morphs is a total gamechanger!
    This is exactly what i needed. 

Thank you for creating this magnificent script. 
    Worth every penny!

-Sharon
  • Question...is it possible to deactivate  or disable it so i can look through other cameras?? 
    I dont want to delete the python tag bec then i'll lose all of my markers and timing :\ help!

I have it setup to run several of my cameras,

however, I need to use a separate camera for another angle that I do not want as part of this setup but must exist on the same timeline.

My use...The main setup is going to record several cameras moving around.
    But in one scene, i have a monitor showing the animation from a different angle.
    There doesnt seem a way to deactivate it so i record the animation from a different camera.

Thanks!
    Sharon

• does it work with Octane cameras ?
  • does it work with Octane cameras ?
    Currently is not tested with Octane