Displacer Pro
  • Hello, thank you for your work to bring us this plugin.
    One downside however, when I apply Displacer Pro on text, with a displacement map, the effect does not go outside the layer boundaries. This limits its use to precomposed sources, unless an option escaped my attention.
    Is a future version envisaged where it would be possible to implement this function?
    Anyway, thanks for this free and fun plugin!
  • hello i had an issue with the plug-in when i installed it it only gave me the "displacement map" not the pro, i was wondering if anybody else had the same issue and if anybody knows how to get that version ?

• Hello, thank you for your work to bring us this plugin.
    One downside however, when I apply Displacer Pro on text, with a displacement map, the effect does not go outside the layer boundaries. This limits its use to precomposed sources, unless an option escaped my attention.
    Is a future version envisaged where it would be possible to implement this function?
    Anyway, thanks for this free and fun plugin!
    Hi Sebastien

Thanks for your suggestion, I think a buffer expansion feature would be very helpful so I'll keep this in mind for any future updates. 
  • hello i had an issue with the plug-in when i installed it it only gave me the "displacement map" not the pro, i was wondering if anybody else had the same issue and if anybody knows how to get that version ?

Hi Derek

Could you please try with the aescripts manager app as this will handle the installation for you:

Hi Derek

Could you please try with the aescripts manager app as this will handle the installation for you:
    thank you... i found the displacement pro but it keeps crashing i was wondering if theres anyway i could fix it ??

Hi Derek

thank you... i found the displacement pro but it keeps crashing i was wondering if theres anyway i could fix it ??

please open a support ticket for direct assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I'm finding that this plugin bugs out and changes drastically when working in 16-bit. I build a stack of displacement in 8-bit and when I went to turn the switch to 16-bit it all changed. Also the Anti-Aliasing really blurs the final image too much.
  • I'm finding that this plugin bugs out and changes drastically when working in 16-bit. I build a stack of displacement in 8-bit and when I went to turn the switch to 16-bit it all changed. Also the Anti-Aliasing really blurs the final image too much.
    Thanks for the feedback Gerald. We'll work to fix this in future updates.
  • It says unsupported when trying to load on up-to-date Ae.
  • It says unsupported when trying to load on up-to-date Ae.
    Hi Hristiyan

Could you please open a support ticket with the error message so we can assist?
  • When can we expect a multi-frame rendering compatible version of this plugin?
    After Effects is out of beta now for some time.
    Hi Mattias

We should have an update for this in the next few weeks. 
  • Hello, I find that this plug in will seemingly at random decide to drop a LOT of frames. I will have it working alright then move a keyframe then it will completely spaz out and drop a lot of frames. Getting an export with no dropped frames is extremely difficult and seemingly random. Not sure how to fix this. 
  • Hello, I find that this plug in will seemingly at random decide to drop a LOT of frames. I will have it working alright then move a keyframe then it will completely spaz out and drop a lot of frames. Getting an export with no dropped frames is extremely difficult and seemingly random. Not sure how to fix this. 
    Hi Chase

Just confirming you have MFR turned off when using the plugin (as it's not currently compatible with that)? We have an MFR update in the works. 
  • Hi there, thanks for this plug in!

I have tried to install I get the following error codes when I try to apply the filter:

'After Effects error: Invalid Filter ( 25 :: 3 )'

and 'After Effects error:  plug in 'DisplacerPro.aex' could not be loaded (126). ( 48 :: 46 )'

Any help with getting this up and running greatly appreciated!
  • Hi there, thanks for this plug in!

I have tried to install I get the following error codes when I try to apply the filter:

'After Effects error: Invalid Filter ( 25 :: 3 )'

and 'After Effects error:  plug in 'DisplacerPro.aex' could not be loaded (126). ( 48 :: 46 )'

Any help with getting this up and running greatly appreciated!

you should only install the plug-in for your platform (window or mac) but not both.
    if you still need assistance please open a Support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hello. Thanks for this free plugin. For the job of converting 2D to 3D video this plugin works much better than the displacement map that comes integrated with after effects.
  • Hello. Thanks for this free plugin. For the job of converting 2D to 3D video this plugin works much better than the displacement map that comes integrated with after effects.
    Thanks for your kind words Miguel :)
  • Hi, will you guys be releasing an update for the new Apple chips?
  • Awesomeness! Thanks a heap for this especially on the Mac side.
  • Awesomeness! Thanks a heap for this especially on the Mac side.
    Our pleasure Campbell :)
  • Hi, will you guys be releasing an update for the new Apple chips?
    Hi Hein

We've just released an update for native apple chip support :)
    Hi Chase

Just wanted to let you know the new update is now MFR compatible so it should fix your previous issue, please give it a try. 
    Hi Mattias

Apologies for the delay but we finally have an MFR and apple silicon version out now. 
    Hi Gerald
    We've fixed the 16bpc issue in the most recent version.
  • The antialiasing options are so nice on this plugin vs. stock displacement! Is there any chance that you might add the feature of "Wrap Pixels Around" for Edge Behavior, as in the stock plugin? I really miss this option. I love displacement-type effects that use other layers as a source. (Displacement, Compound Blur, Time Displacement, etc.) I hope you do more effects of this type!
  • I think scale displacement may be busted on my machine, I find it's WAY too sensitive and overflows really easily (like with a displacement scale value of 99.9% for example)
  • lore suto said:
    The antialiasing options are so nice on this plugin vs. stock displacement! Is there any chance that you might add the feature of "Wrap Pixels Around" for Edge Behavior, as in the stock plugin? I really miss this option. I love displacement-type effects that use other layers as a source. (Displacement, Compound Blur, Time Displacement, etc.) I hope you do more effects of this type!
    Hi Lore

Thanks for your comment! The mirror-repeat edge behaviour was meant with this in mind. Is it behaving differently to how Wrap Pixels Around works for you?
  • This is a very nice addition to the standard Displace effect, and free too, so thank you for that!

One thing the Displace effect has that seems to be missing here is the ability to assign channels independently to displacement axes i.e. Red for horizontal displacement, Green for vertical, so you can use normal maps as the displacer, or just for even more funky effects.

Any plans to add this?
    Thanks again for such a nice free plugin :)
  • Loving this having used it a day.

Question - do the luminance values work differntly to stock Displacement Map? With stock, 50% grey is 0, black negative value and white positive value. You then assign a maximum displacement value based on that. This seems to see black as zero and anything lighter as a positive value. 

Think that's right? Would there ever be a version coming that works the other way allowing displacement in both directions so to speak? Thanks again, awesome plugin.
  • levi moss said:
    Loving this having used it a day.

Question - do the luminance values work differntly to stock Displacement Map? With stock, 50% grey is 0, black negative value and white positive value. You then assign a maximum displacement value based on that. This seems to see black as zero and anything lighter as a positive value. 

Think that's right? Would there ever be a version coming that works the other way allowing displacement in both directions so to speak? Thanks again, awesome plugin.
    Hi Levi

We have added this feature in the upcoming release, thanks for your suggestion :) Let me know if you'd like to try the beta version. 
  • I wish I could use Displacer Pro too make a smooth transition between scaled parts of an image and non scaled parts, but it seems to be impossible (or I completely misunderstand how Displacer Pro uses the displacement map).

If I use Legacy Mode completely black pixels don't get distorted, but pixels with a value close to black get distorted way beyond the scale value I set (120%). White pixels seem to get distorted like they should do.
    (left you can see a representation of the displacement map on the right is the original image)

While the new Standard Mode is great for translation the results are even weirder when used with scale.
    EXAMPLE
    Grey pixels don't get scaled, but if the values getting close to grey they seem to get scaled exponentialy 
  • Hey y'all, will there be an update for this with AE 2024?