Introduction to After Effects Scripting Video Course
  • This is great news. It's been extremely difficult finding anything extendscript related. I can't wait to check these out. 
  • The intro video shows After Effects CS4... does that mean this course is really old?

I'm just wondering if there's been a lot of improvements to scripting since CS4... I wouldn't want to pay $100 to learn old outdated techniques.
  • The intro video shows After Effects CS4... does that mean this course is really old?
    The course was created in CS4 but the concepts that are covered in this course are all still the same. Everything that is taught in the course still applies in CC.  There have been some additions to the scripting api but they are mainly to address new features, the fundamentals (which is what this course focuses on) have not changed.  This means that the course will teach you how to able to reference the new additions to the api and implement them in your scripts.  You are also welcome to post any questions you many have in this forum.
  • The course was created in CS4 but the concepts that are covered in this course are all still the same.
    Perfect... thanks for the info. 
  • Lloyd,

I just want to thank you for this training.  I picked it up on the Cyber Monday Deal and it has been well worth it.  I have learned so much and I'm only starting the last script class now.  Thank you, kind sir.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your teaching style - made the Adobe Scripting Guide not so scary.  This training has opened up the scripting world to me.  Thank you, again.

Dwayne
  • Lloyd,

I just want to thank you for this training.  I picked it up on the Cyber Monday Deal and it has been well worth it.  I have learned so much and I'm only starting the last script class now.  Thank you, kind sir.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your teaching style - made the Adobe Scripting Guide not so scary.  This training has opened up the scripting world to me.  Thank you, again.

Dwayne
    My pleasure and thanks for the kind words. Please make sure to submit any tools you create that you think would benefit the community.
  • Hey,

Do you have any of the files for lesson 4?

• Hey,

Do you have any of the files for lesson 4?

All the files are included in the download (and we just double checked that the lesson 4 files are there). If you need to re-download you can do so from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account. 
  • Hi, is this course still actual? thanks  
  • Hi, is this course still actual? thanks  

Yes, it covers concepts that still apply today as you can still author ScriptUI jsx scripts.
  • Amazing work, Lloyd! 

Very informative. 
    Great introduction with the tools to carry the learning forward after the class.