BeatEdit for Audition
  • I would like to buy it but how will I install it to audition?
  • It is a ZXP file that can be installed with this installer:
    https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/

You can install the free trial and if everything works as expected, you can purchase a license, enter the license code in the trial version and it will turn into the full version.

Mike Russel also shows the installation in the first minute of this video
    I would like to buy it but how will I install it to audition?

• Hello, I'm considering buying this plugin because my AE 2020 cant playback in realtime with audio.
    It seam like I cant manually create markers freely right?
    I mean for example at some point not related to original beat I just want to put down a marker send send it to my timeline in AE.
    I think the second phase is ok because your plugin has ability to sync markers but manually put down a marker seems impossible right?
  • Hi Nguyen,
    yes, setting markers manually while the video is playing is not very accurate in Ae. It works a bit better when you do it in Premiere Pro, which has much better real time playback performance. But overall, with BeatEdit it is much faster and more accurate, if you want to have the markers at beats or other "rhythmically relevant" points that you can find with the "add extra markers" feature of BeatEdit.

Hello, I'm considering buying this plugin because my AE 2020 cant playback in realtime with audio.
    It seam like I cant manually create markers freely right?
    I mean for example at some point not related to original beat I just want to put down a marker send send it to my timeline in AE.
    I think the second phase is ok because your plugin has ability to sync markers but manually put down a marker seems impossible right?

• But add extra markers will sub-divide all the current markers right?
    I mean I only want to add 1 extra marker at 1 specific point in the loaded audio timeline.
    If beatedit can do that then I can stay in AE without going to Premiere Pro
  • No, BeatEdit does not offer such a feature to add additional markers at custom locations.

But add extra markers will sub-divide all the current markers right?
    I mean I only want to add 1 extra marker at 1 specific point in the loaded audio timeline.
    If beatedit can do that then I can stay in AE without going to Premiere Pro

• So no feature like that will be considered for implement in future?
  • I like the idea and I have put it on my list of feature requests, but I cannot promise when or if it will be implemented.

So no feature like that will be considered for implement in future?

• Yeah sure.
    Because BeatEdit can do more complicated task already so I think this feature has no technical issue.
    It's a simple feature from user view which can be a perfect workaround for AE current limitation.
    For some reason I think people will use it more than the default feature because in general no track is equal to others.
    And if BeatEdit can only create markers evenly then it will be less efficiency for daily tasks.
    I like the idea and I have put it on my list of feature requests, but I cannot promise when or if it will be implemented.

• Agreed - but just to clarify: It can be more than create markers evenly - the "add extra markers" feature is pretty powerful. But adding beats at custom locations is definity a feature that would make sense. In particular for the beat wiggle feature I see lots of applications for that.

Yeah sure.
    Because BeatEdit can do more complicated task already so I think this feature has no technical issue.
    It's a simple feature from user view which can be a perfect workaround for AE current limitation.
    For some reason I think people will use it more than the default feature because in general no track is equal to others.
    And if BeatEdit can only create markers evenly then it will be less efficiency for daily tasks.
    I like the idea and I have put it on my list of feature requests, but I cannot promise when or if it will be implemented.

• Hello all. I seem to be missing something, Ive just purchased BeatEdit and i add the markers, save it and when i go to multitrack it does not seemed to have saved the data... any ideas please
    Screenshot (4).png
    2395 x 1380 - 245K
  • Hi Pete,

in multitrack mode, Audition shows the markers on the clips as these little dotted lines. (see attached screenshot). They are easy to overlook, but Audition can also snap to them.

markers.png
    825 x 484 - 65K
  • Is it a VST plugin? Can I use it in Fairlight in DaVinci Resolve?
    PLEASE MAKE A DAVINCI VERSION!!!!
  • Thank you for your feedback, Fabrizio! This kind of feedback definitely helps to guide our future development efforts. At the moment, BeatEdit is just works with the Adobe host applications and is available for Adobe Audition, After Effects and Premiere Pro.

Is it a VST plugin? Can I use it in Fairlight in DaVinci Resolve?
    PLEASE MAKE A DAVINCI VERSION!!!!

• Really love BeatEdit, I do a ton of motion graphics work cut to music and the visual markers are much easier to work with in AE that trying to hit a beat using the waveform.   Generally, I like to mark the first beat of every measure and that's easy to do by changing the selection to the beats per measure, but sometimes I get an extra beat or two at the beginning of the music cut and changing to every 4 beats, puts that marker on the 4th beat rather than the first.  It would be awesome, if there was a quick offset button that allowed you to change the selection +/- then number of beats for times when this happens. Right now if I don't get the proper first beat, I end up doing all beats and then manually deleting the ones that I don't want.

Again, thanks for such a great product. I super recommend for anyone working in AE and doing anything that requires matching the music.
  • Hi John,
    when you select every 4th beat, BeatEdit selects the beats such that the beat closest to the playhead (the one inside BeatEdit's UI) is chosen. This means if you want ot select beats 2,6,10,... instead of 1,5,9,..., just make sure to put the playhead next to the second beat before you click "select" every 4th beat evenly.
    See this tutorial for details:

Really love BeatEdit, I do a ton of motion graphics work cut to music and the visual markers are much easier to work with in AE that trying to hit a beat using the waveform.   Generally, I like to mark the first beat of every measure and that's easy to do by changing the selection to the beats per measure, but sometimes I get an extra beat or two at the beginning of the music cut and changing to every 4 beats, puts that marker on the 4th beat rather than the first.  It would be awesome, if there was a quick offset button that allowed you to change the selection +/- then number of beats for times when this happens. Right now if I don't get the proper first beat, I end up doing all beats and then manually deleting the ones that I don't want.

Again, thanks for such a great product. I super recommend for anyone working in AE and doing anything that requires matching the music.

• Hi, I wanted to try the trial but I'm getting an invalid signature error that points to the extension location ..."BeatEdit\ndex.html".
  • Hi Roshan,

BeatEdit is signed properly, but for whatever reason Adobe's signature check has issues on a few system. See this solution for a workaround:

Hi, I wanted to try the trial but I'm getting an invalid signature error that points to the extension location ..."BeatEdit\ndex.html".