• Hey, great script.

At the moment all i can use is two layers. 
    I would love to have the option to choose one matte layer and be able to fit many layers into that matte.
    there's a script in here called "matte kit" that does just that, so if ill be able to work with as many layers as i want without the 2 layer limitation your product will beat any other script out there.

thanks
  • This is a great tool and addition to AE!

I tried useing "Merge layers as image" and as an idea it's an great tool. The only problem is that it tries to save the image to appdata instead of project folder. It would be better if the images were saved to for an example "MTool_images" folder within the AEP file or something like that. Obviously the best option would be if the user could choose where to save etc. But I think having a specific folder with AEP files location would be good too.

Thanks! 
  • tomer kat said:
    Hey, great script.

At the moment all i can use is two layers. 
    I would love to have the option to choose one matte layer and be able to fit many layers into that matte.
    there's a script in here called "matte kit" that does just that, so if ill be able to work with as many layers as i want without the 2 layer limitation your product will beat any other script out there.

thanks
    Hi,
    Thanks for your comment.
    In this case, for infinite layers you can use the "Compound Matte" extension.
    However, in the next updates we will probably expand the features of the MatteTool.
    Good luck

I tried useing "Merge layers as image" and as an idea it's an great tool. The only problem is that it tries to save the image to appdata instead of project folder. It would be better if the images were saved to for an example "MTool_images" folder within the AEP file or something like that. Obviously the best option would be if the user could choose where to save etc. But I think having a specific folder with AEP files location would be good too.

Thanks! 
    We will probably put a button for settings that can be used to change the default folder path and the other settings.
    Thanks for your good idea.

Thanks! 
    We will probably put a button for settings that can be used to change the default folder path and the other settings.
    Great! Remember to have an option where it automatically saves the file(s) next to the project. 
  • Is not that great, actually I guess I should not had buy it, specially the background remover is bugged.
  • Max Buzin said:
    Is not that great, actually I guess I should not had buy it, specially the background remover is bugged.
    Hey Max, 
    I`m sorry for that.
    If you have any issues please open a support ticket for me: By this link
    If there is any bugs on our part, it will be solved in the next update.
    Thanks
  • I'm also seeing the same issue with the background remover bug. After Effects prompts with this window:

After Effects error: File couldn't be opened for writing: "Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/mattetool/icons/tmp/MT160989100.png". (3 :: 0)

Please let me know if this will be resolved. I'd gladly purchase it :)
  • I'm also seeing the same issue with the background remover bug. After Effects prompts with this window:

After Effects error: File couldn't be opened for writing: "Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/mattetool/icons/tmp/MT160989100.png". (3 :: 0)

Please let me know if this will be resolved. I'd gladly purchase it :)
    Hi, 
    Please download the new version of matte tool and this issue is solved on it.

Thanks! 
    Great! Remember to have an option where it automatically saves the file(s) next to the project. 
    Hi again,
    In the new version, all images will save in the "MatteTool" folder  next to the project.

• It keeps disappearing from AE when I restart. Like. I have to reinstall it almost daily.
  • It keeps disappearing from AE when I restart. Like. I have to reinstall it almost daily.
    Hi Greg,
    You have probably downloaded MatteTool  version 1.3.
    Please download the latest version of MatteTool (version 1.7). Your problem will be solved.
    If you have any issues please open a support ticket.
    Cheers 
  • Will there be a way to hover over the icons and a text to appear saying what that button does? It would make using this tool a lot easier if it had that!
  • Requesting a responsive UI layout. The current layout is an awkward fit
  • Requesting a responsive UI layout. The current layout is an awkward fit
    In the next update, some issues will be resolved and a responsive UI layout will be included.
  • Will there be a way to hover over the icons and a text to appear saying what that button does? It would make using this tool a lot easier if it had that!
    Yes, it will be considered.
  • Is it possible to link tools into the K-Bar? I do not want next UI panel, it eats lot of space and I want to keep my workspace clean and simple..
    literally, it's own UI pannel is the dealbreaker for me..
  • Great set of tools, thank you! Will you consider changing the look/color of the icons in future releases, to match look/style of for example 'Keyfast' or Motion for example and the look of Ae overall? Thanks for your hard work. 
  • What an excellent update to version 2.1. Works like a charm and the new UI is beautifull. I'm very gratefull! Thanks a bunch!!

Thanks! 
    Hi again,
    In the new version, all images will save in the "MatteTool" folder  next to the project.

• Love it. Helps my workflow a lot.
    At first I did get the following error:

I initially installed it using the AEplugins manager.
    Fixed it by uninstalling it via AEplugins manager and then re-installing it using ZXP Installer.
    Worked flawlessly after that.
    I got the error when I used the green and blue remover background remover.
    running on windows 10.

Great tool. Highly recommend.
  • Will this work in cc 2022?
  • Will this work in cc 2022?
    Yes, it works in this version as well.
  • Hi, is this working (natively) on Apple Silicon? Thanks!
  • Great set of tools, thank you! Will you consider changing the look/color of the icons in future releases, to match look/style of for example 'Keyfast' or Motion for example and the look of Ae overall? Thanks for your hard work. 

Hi. The UI changed with your suggestion.
    thank you
  • It doesn't work in 2022. Which version and how should I install it to work?
  • it doesn't work in 2022.
  • Not compatible with 2022
  • Works fine for me on latest 2022...
  • Singo Ke said:
    it doesn't work in 2022.
    The extension works properly in 2022 & 2023 and has been tested.
    If you have any issues please open a support ticket.

• It is not working correctly (AE 2023, Mac os). Very often, it just does nothing when clicking the icons.
  • Does it work in AE 2024?
  • Does it work in AE 2024?

Yes, it has been tested in After Effects 2024 and it works well