• Look's cool!

I have one idea that I think would make this tool even better! What if you could filter the files within a folder that you have selected in project panel. I mean I do organize my project in a certain way and I don't want change that structure... But a lot of times I have messy folders within my project folders. It would be so cool if I could click a folder and click declutter button and it would organize that folder and create the new folders within the folder I've chosen. If I understand correctly, this is not possible with the current version?
  • Look's cool!

I have one idea that I think would make this tool even better! What if you could filter the files within a folder that you have selected in project panel. I mean I do organize my project in a certain way and I don't want change that structure... But a lot of times I have messy folders within my project folders. It would be so cool if I could click a folder and click declutter button and it would organize that folder and create the new folders within the folder I've chosen. If I understand correctly, this is not possible with the current version?
    Hi Miika,

That is correct, this is not possible right now but is going to be implemented in the next version!
  • What if you have several extension types you want to put into one folder.  Separate by comma doesn't seem to work. any regex method?

And is there a way to have it decipher image sequences (from video files)?

Suggestion: Option to organize based on file directory. Files already in a directory named "3D" - Declutter organizes it in a similar folder. 
     --- my folder structure mimics my directory structure.
  • Amazing! Please make one for Premiere!
  • What if you have several extension types you want to put into one folder.  Separate by comma doesn't seem to work. any regex method?

Suggestion: Option to organize based on file directory. Files already in a directory named "3D" - Declutter organizes it in a similar folder. 
    Hey Jason,

I've been thinking about several extension types under one folder for a future release, but for now you'll need to create one folder per extension.

Separating image sequences from video didn't make sense at first, but it definitely can be done. Might include them in a future release as well just so you can get the option.

About the suggestion, not sure how that would work since most people have different directories for their assets. It might be outside of what Declutter is intended to do initially, but I'll keep it in mind.

Hey Jason,

I've been thinking about several extension types under one folder for a future release, but for now you'll need to create one folder per extension.

Separating image sequences from video didn't make sense at first, but it definitely can be done. Might include them in a future release as well just so you can get the option.

About the suggestion, not sure how that would work since most people have different directories for their assets. It might be outside of what Declutter is intended to do initially, but I'll keep it in mind.

I too would like to see mutiple extensions under one folder and the ability to separate out image sequences from video.

• It doesn't work for me, the extension is installed but doesn't open on AE...
    Hi Thibault,

Please open a support ticket to help you with that
  • Hi, i have more .ai file, and script put structure .ai in more folder, but i want all .ai file or psd file put in 1 folder
  • Hi
    This script awesome!

The existing composition is not stored in the specified folder.
    Characters specified, such as psd and png, are stored, but it does not seem to work if you use the set categories such as images and sounds.
    Is this a Japanese problem?
    Help me ;;
  • Hi
    This script awesome!

The existing composition is not stored in the specified folder.
    Characters specified, such as psd and png, are stored, but it does not seem to work if you use the set categories such as images and sounds.
    Is this a Japanese problem?
    Help me ;;
    Hi Kento

Can you please open a support ticket with a screenshot with your project panel? That way I can look more into it

Thanks!

Hi, i have more .ai file, and script put structure .ai in more folder, but i want all .ai file or psd file put in 1 folder
    Hi Valentin, with the latest update you can put multiple extensions under one folder
  • Hi Rodrigo,

Declutter is really helpful so far.

Though, it would be nice if it was possible to export & import a structure from a computer to another.
    Can I find the structure save somewhere on my Mac?

Thank you :)
  • Hi Rodrigo,

Declutter is really helpful so far.

Though, it would be nice if it was possible to export & import a structure from a computer to another.
    Can I find the structure save somewhere on my Mac?

Thank you :)
    Hey Fabien

Glad that you have found it helpful!

About the export & import function, this is something that I'm working on for a future version, so I'm hoping you can see it implemented soon
    Hi Thibault,

Hi, is there a solution for this?
    Thank you.
    Hi Thibault,

Hi, is there a solution for this?
    Thank you.
    Hi Diego

If you're experiencing issues with the ZXP installation please open a support ticket to help you with it
  • Hi there - I am wandering if this is a feature you can implement - to have the ability to add multiple Prefexes for one folder or to select more than one option when you define the structure - so lets say I can have files with different extensions sorted into one folder that i defined... or perhaps this is already possible and I can't figure out how to do it...

otherwise this script  is a godsend!

• Hi there - I am wandering if this is a feature you can implement - to have the ability to add multiple Prefexes for one folder or to select more than one option when you define the structure - so lets say I can have files with different extensions sorted into one folder that i defined... or perhaps this is already possible and I can't figure out how to do it...

Hey Ilya, for now you can have multiple extensions in one folder by separating the extensions with a comma like this: PNG, PSD, AI

About multiple prefixes per folder, it might be a bit difficult to implement at the moment but I'll see if I can implement something similar in the future

Hey Ilya, for now you can have multiple extensions in one folder by separating the extensions with a comma like this: PNG, PSD, AI

About multiple prefixes per folder, it might be a bit difficult to implement at the moment but I'll see if I can implement something similar in the future
    Thanks for your reply... so at this point there is no way to sort multiple files into one folder that I define - meaning that since I can't add an extension to a comp (I tried by adding .xyz) there is no way that I can have several types of comps in one folder... do you expect to add this functionality in the near future or this is somewhat more tenuous? 

Thanks for your reply... so at this point there is no way to sort multiple files into one folder that I define - meaning that since I can't add an extension to a comp (I tried by adding .xyz) there is no way that I can have several types of comps in one folder... do you expect to add this functionality in the near future or this is somewhat more tenuous? 
    For now this is the only way that it works, you would need to add multiple folders with a prefix for each. 

I'm constantly looking how to improve the extension, so this is an idea I can explore in a future version, but for now it's a bit more complicated than adding multiple extensions under the same folder.

But thanks for the suggestion!
  • Hi, thanks for this great extension. I was wondering if there is a way to put comps and precomps into the same folder. I tried to select both "Compositions" and "Pre-compositions" but I can only select one at a time. I don't need them to be separated as they are essentially the same thing. 
  • Is there a way to save our settings? Our team would like to share the folder structure with each other and freelancers. Thank you!
  • Hi, thanks for this great extension. I was wondering if there is a way to put comps and precomps into the same folder. I tried to select both "Compositions" and "Pre-compositions" but I can only select one at a time. I don't need them to be separated as they are essentially the same thing. 
    Hey Kenneth, I'm glad that you're finding it useful! For now you can only use one filter at a time. I'm looking into improving this but it might take a while.

Is there a way to save our settings? Our team would like to share the folder structure with each other and freelancers. Thank you!
    And about the export/import option, this is on the roadmap and I will include it in a small update I hope to release soon!
  • Hi, I'm a new declutter user - is there a way to add/sort "Unused" or "Missing" items into a folder?
  • Hi, I'm a new declutter user - is there a way to add/sort "Unused" or "Missing" items into a folder?
    Hi Ken, not at the moment but I'm hoping to release an update supporting these type of items as well
  • Very nice time-saving extension. I like the default Declutter folder structure, but I'd like to customize that without rebuilding it. Is there a way to Duplicate a folder structure as a New Structure and then edit that?

Thanks in advance
  • Very nice time-saving extension. I like the default Declutter folder structure, but I'd like to customize that without rebuilding it. Is there a way to Duplicate a folder structure as a New Structure and then edit that?

Thanks in advance
    Hey Troy, glad you find it useful!

You can edit the default folder structure if you want, but right now there's no way to duplicate one. Although I'm hoping to implement this and other features in the near future
  • I like the look of this and have just downloaded the trial - however, I sometimes want to only organise a subfolder structure. i.e. I have some top level folders VIDEO1, VIDEO1, VIDEO3 etc which are separate animations within a series. I'd like to click on that folder and then create a subfolder structure or organise a subfolder structure but keeping the existing top-level folders intact. I presume this currently isn't possible and if not, can it be added as an enhancement?

Thanks.
  • Hi, i have a problem with the new update of ZXP Intaller, dont detect Declutter. 
  • This is without a doubt the best thing I have ever ever seen.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Can you make one that brainwashes AE ops to sort their f***** projects out in the first place>?
  • Hi, i have a problem with the new update of ZXP Intaller, dont detect Declutter. 
    Did you solve this?
    Did you solve this?
    Hey! I don't have control over the ZXP Installer or the aescripts + aeplugins manager. If the extension won't show up on AE try to Uninstall it first with the manager, then install it again.
    Did you solve this?
    Hey! I don't have control over the ZXP Installer or the aescripts + aeplugins manager. If the extension won't show up on AE try to Uninstall it first with the manager, then install it again.
    Solution: Re-install with a program called ZXPInstaller
  • Hi!

Cool script. But a little to simplistic for more advanced structures.

We work with shots where there are a lot of render passes. Like

Sh100_Outro
    Sh100_Outro_Beauty.exr
    Sh100_Outro_Beauty_GlobalIllumin.exr
    Sh100_Outro_Beauty_MM1-3.exr

There are between 3 and 20 different passes for 1 comp.
    And it would be extremely nice to have this script support that kind of workflow.

Ex.
    We use immigration script to import the files into ae folder structure that respects the file structure where files are located.
    Piggy back on that idea and when pressing the DeClutter folder structure check that if file object in after effects is in folder that resembles the file object name move the folder with files rather than moving the files. 
    This would make the script applicable to a lot of vfx work. Probably somewhere within 80-90% of people working with CG.

Possible? :) 
  • I have tried installing, uninstalling and reinstalling with the ZXP installer as well as with aescripts manager, but I can't get it to show up in AE.
  • I have tried installing, uninstalling and reinstalling with the ZXP installer as well as with aescripts manager, but I can't get it to show up in AE.
    If you have problems with the ZXP installation please check this page
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-installer-faq/

Hi!

Cool script. But a little to simplistic for more advanced structures.

We work with shots where there are a lot of render passes. Like

Sh100_Outro
    Sh100_Outro_Beauty.exr
    Sh100_Outro_Beauty_GlobalIllumin.exr
    Sh100_Outro_Beauty_MM1-3.exr

There are between 3 and 20 different passes for 1 comp.
    And it would be extremely nice to have this script support that kind of workflow.

Ex.
    We use immigration script to import the files into ae folder structure that respects the file structure where files are located.
    Piggy back on that idea and when pressing the DeClutter folder structure check that if file object in after effects is in folder that resembles the file object name move the folder with files rather than moving the files. 
    This would make the script applicable to a lot of vfx work. Probably somewhere within 80-90% of people working with CG.

Possible? :) 

Thanks for the suggestion! Not sure how it would be implemented but I'll keep it in mind
  • Hello!

It's a nice Script and it works real fast.
    The only thing i'm missing is the button «remove unused assets (or footage)»
    I worked with the Script «tidyUp» and this was really useful.

Thx to consider
  • I have not bought this yet. I have one tool that is similiar, but this looks the most promising. Here's two features that I think would make this insanely useful... perhaps declutter2 stuff?

-declutter based on selection: so what ever you choose in project panel will be decluttered. If you choose a folder, stuff within that folder will be decluttered into that folder. If you choose various assets within project panel, they will be decluttered into new folder. If you choose nothhing, everything will be decluttered etc.
    -declutter based on composition: Imagine if you could click declutter and everything that is part of the active composition would be decluttered. This would be soo insanely useful. Obviously there are compositions that are used within multiple comps, but then these would just change location based on the last comp you decluttered. Perhaps there could/should be a way to choose if declutter creates folder for the main composition or if it leaves main composition at it's place, but declutters rest of the stuff in a folder structure below the main composition.

The "issue" with current setup is that if your project has like hundreds of compositions etc... The decluttered structure might not be the most convenient. I find the current features very useful for smaller projects. Anycase, this is the best tool of it's kind currently IMO, so these ideas are a way to just make it possibly better! :)
  • Feature requests:
    • Would really like to "Duplicate" and "Export" folder structures. This enables teamwork and sharing of folder structures.
    • Responsive UI height. The height is stuck at 750px on a 4k monitor, regardless how big the panel is
    • Option to "find and replace" names when decluttering. Adding suffixes, prefixes, or entirely renaming assets/comps/pre-comps.
    • Add organization based on suffix
    • Allow multiple Comp & Pre-Comp folders, with organization based on naming. Example: Pre-Comp folder with prefix name "1x1", another pre-comp folder with prefix name "16x9", and another pre-comp folder with prefix name "9x16". Etc.
  • Feature requests:
    [Prefix]
    If there is a name in the component name, not at the beginning, but between the underscore or the space.
    If there is a name in the comment of the component in the Project window.

• Hey! Is there a way I can assign 2 extensions under the same folder?
    Under the AI folder- I need *.AI + *.EPS to both go under this same folder. Is that possible now? Or this demands adding a feature?
  • elad bari said:
    Hey! Is there a way I can assign 2 extensions under the same folder?
    Under the AI folder- I need *.AI + *.EPS to both go under this same folder. Is that possible now? Or this demands adding a feature?
    Hi, this is already possible by separating them with commas
  • I think there's a bug regarding the "Image sequence" file type option.
    I have a PNG Sequence ready to be decluttered. I press the button- yet, it places it under my "Footage" folder, which is set for video files. While my "Image Sequence" folder stays empty. Maybe this "Folder Type" for image sequence has a bug?
  • If I declutter a project everything is sorted great. If I then continue working in After Effects and want to declutter the project again for not having to sort everything manually, Declutter is creating a secon version of the Folder Structure. That means then I habe 2 _Comp folders and 2 Assets folder. If I hit declutter again I have every folder 3 times. And so on...Is the Script not able to sort the files into the existing folders?
  • If I declutter a project everything is sorted great. If I then continue working in After Effects and want to declutter the project again for not having to sort everything manually, Declutter is creating a secon version of the Folder Structure. That means then I habe 2 _Comp folders and 2 Assets folder. If I hit declutter again I have every folder 3 times. And so on...Is the Script not able to sort the files into the existing folders?
    Hi Axel, that's unusual and shouldn't happen. I would like to know more, can you open a support ticket?
  • Can you please create a Premiere version of this?
  • Does anyone know if there's a way to save your structure for use on another machine without re-creating manually?
  • Really great addon. 

Couple of feature request though:
    - Sorting based on prefix is great, but it would be even better if we could also sort based on suffix.
    - While we are at that - why not add "name contains" sorting rule?

Again - thanks for that great work!
  • Great extension, but it NEEDS to have a way to automatically do a priority sort. It's great to have all images placed in a folder, but for my projects, I need to be able to filter out certain images as reference (not included in any final renders) so that they go into a separate folder. So if I put a prefix or suffix ie "ref:" before these images, they will sort into a folder pre-made folder and NOT Images. Any chance this functionally is in the pipeline?
  • Really great addon. 

Couple of feature request though:
    - Sorting based on prefix is great, but it would be even better if we could also sort based on suffix.
    - While we are at that - why not add "name contains" sorting rule?

Again - thanks for that great work!

+1 for that. Sorting on a suffix would be really great, as well as a "name contains" rule!

Another thing that would be great if there would be a way to exempt the content of certain folders from being sorted. Quite frequently, I'm importing another project but I don't want to all its comps and files to be sorted into the existing structure. Either one could define the name of a certain folder which content won't be sorted - or maybe by a certain comment of the folder.

Other than that, great extension! Really has saved me a lot of time so far. ;)
  • I love this script!, Super helpful with multiple artists working on a project.  I'm curious why do all PSDs get their own directory I wish all my PSDs were in one directory, I'm happy to have layered files in a single directory, but when I bring in the file as merged footage, it would be great if it didn't build a directory for it.