• imageAE Benchmark

Benchmark your AE's performance and compare your score with the world. Click on the TRY button above to download it. If you add it to the cart it will be stored in your account and you can use our manager app to keep it updated.

https://aescripts.com/ae-benchmark/

• Not sure this work properly... I've got some real powerfull rig and tested tenth overall... Makes no sense at all...
  • mmmh, something seems quite strange, the user CRITTERS seems improving his score arriving at 250% beating hi first score attempt....
    The user Eden Exposito has 62 while Critters is 241 with same cpu, ram and superior GPU (eden exposito)
    :(
  • My RX 3900 is slower than a RX 2800?
    Yeah... right...
  • Not sure this work properly... I've got some real powerfull rig and tested tenth overall... Makes no sense at all...
    My RX 3900 is slower than a RX 2800?
    Yeah... right...
    Hey Andre, well... unfortunately this could be true on AE. Did you read the explanation below the scoreboard? The majority of effects in AE don't use the GPU (even if their number increase with the AE versions). 
    But just to look further into it, under what name did you post your score on the website (did you do it?).
  • mmmh, something seems quite strange, the user CRITTERS seems improving his score arriving at 250% beating hi first score attempt....
    The user Eden Exposito has 62 while Critters is 241 with same cpu, ram and superior GPU (eden exposito)
    :(
    As far as I know, the user "Critter" did some overclocking experiments on his/her machine. This is why the results are so different. Maybe overclocking is safe when doing a few benchmarks but on a regular basis it could make your workstation unstable. So yeah, Critter has great scores but is his/her machine going to take the heat on  several hours of render? 
  • Interesting plugin for info. But in my 15 years experience, most projects come down to CPU rendering, (but then I do most of my rendering in cmd line, I like watching numbers scroll by
  • geo che said:
    Interesting plugin for info. But in my 15 years experience, most projects come down to CPU rendering, (but then I do most of my rendering in cmd line) with only a few newer effects using you based rendering. buts it's always good to know what the capabilies of your rig are, before you commit to something you shouldn't have.
    Yep this is exactly what we say in the explanations. And this is why we have 3 different scores too. But GPU is more and more used (especially among big plugins) and recent AE versions. Maybe in 5 years, GPU will become as important as CPU on AE?
  • geo che said:
    Interesting plugin for info. But in my 15 years experience, most projects come down to CPU rendering, (but then I do most of my rendering in cmd line) with only a few newer effects using you based rendering. buts it's always good to know what the capabilies of your rig are, before you commit to something you shouldn't have.
    Yep this is exactly what we say in the explanations. And this is why we have 3 different scores too. But GPU is more and more used (especially among big plugins) and recent AE versions. Maybe in 5 years, GPU will become as important as CPU on AE?
    That would be awesome, would definitely be a dream to build a much cheaper render farm/slave using egpu rigs, with low end (more economical) cpus. One can dream :)
  • I went under "WorkHorse" nickname...
    Check my rig, nothing to upgrade... all M2 and SSD drives... i9 Xtreme... RX 3900 graphic card....

• The current best GPU is an Intel notebook integrated graphics?

Seems legit.
  • Great idea, but...
    it is a highly inconsistent benchmark that gave me the three drastically different results (28.7, 30.9, 34.8).
    And just look at that scoreboard! Intel 630 that owns RTX 3090, Ryzen beats Threadripper and not a single Intel chip on the frontline. 
    Sweet.

In addition.
    GPU rendering along with a multithread rendering are really overrated, they're just numbers, far away from a real world scenarios.
    AE is about single-threaded performance, memory bandwidth and storage type.
    Yeah, there are a bunch of plugins that does utilize the GPU and additional threads, but the majority of plugins does not.
    Have you ever tried to animate 2-3 DUIK characters in the same shot? Or work with 20+ shape layers? Or convert a complex EPS to shapes?
    Playing the ProRes 4k or even 1080p in realtime
  • It crashes AE towards the ending. I think that means I need to upgrade :)
  • Funny. And thank you for the free tool. :)
  • ERROR: AE Benchmark Effect not found, please install before continuing.

I installed the. extension with the aescripts MacOS manager app.
  • So it crashes my after effects. I'll just guess I'm somewhere down the bottom of the list ;)

Same here on Windows.

ERROR: AE Benchmark Effect not found, please install before continuing.

Same here on Windows.

Did you installed the AE Benchmark plugin as recommended in the readme file too? You need to install both the Extension AND the plugin for AEBenchmark to work.

Plugin Installation :
    Windows : Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects <version>\Support Files\Plug-ins\
    Mac : Applications/Adobe After Effects <version>/Plug-ins/
  • Did you installed the AE Benchmark plugin as recommended in the readme file too? You need to install both the Extension AND the plugin for AEBenchmark to work.

Plugin Installation :
    Windows : Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects <version>\Support Files\Plug-ins\
    Mac : Applications/Adobe After Effects <version>/Plug-ins/
    When installing directly from the aescripts manager we don't download any file so no readme was provided.
    Thanks for pointing that out. 
  • AE Benchmark crashes Ae on both High Sierra and Mojave. But runs fine in Catalina and Big Sur. How come? I cant update the OS on my customized MacPro5,1 as the GPU is not supported beyond High Sierra. :-(
  • Always crashes without completing results. I am also running High Sierra with a GTX card. (Titan Maxwell)

• When installing directly from the aescripts manager we don't download any file so no readme was provided.
    Thanks for pointing that out. 
    Actually they are downloaded. If you right-click on the Plugin in the AE Scipts manager you can reveal the installer files. But I also hat to check for a while. I don't get why the installer is not installing all the necessary files.
  • This benchmark should be removed from aescripts. It gives wildly different results on each run that makes these in no way comparable. integrated graphics beating rtx 3090s, mobile chips 60x faster than 16 core desktop chips. this tool is broken and nobody should use it to evaluate his hardware. Until the tool gets updated significantly it is unusable and should be removed from aescripts.