BAO Mask 3D Warper
  • A plugin that seems very promising!
  • I've been trying to use the demo version of this plugin and keep encountering the error "a problem occured when processing Open GL commands", after which point AE is locked up & requires a quit & restart. The user's guide has no specific installation instructions for troubleshooting this problem, and neither do the video tutorials. Can you provide suggestions on how to properly optimize After Effects's GPU / memory settings, to use the plugin?

For that matter, it's incredibly tedious to search for information through video tutorials without voiceover. You can't listen to them while testing the plugin; you're forced to read along, and pause the video every few seconds if you're trying to replicate its instruction.

The plugin does seem potentially quite interesting and powerful but without more practical installation documentation and tutorial materials I can't even properly test it, let alone consider buying it. Please let me know if there are any other resources for this plugin that I can utilize, thanks.
  • Hi Paul,

can you open a support ticket and give me details about the error (Mac or Windows, which OS version, AE version, when does it happen) so I can try to fix it?

https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Also, sorry about the demos without voice over, but I'm not a native english speaker, and my voice would probably be worse than no voice at all...

Cheers,
    François
  • Hey man, is this supposed to be compatible with CC 2015.3 because I had to update recently and now a scene that kind of relies on the plug in isn't working once I re-installed.

At [email protected] if you wanna just reply there
  • Hi Taylor,

I've just checked and unfortunately, the new AE version (CC 2015.3) doesn't support Mask 3D Warper as it is.
    I'll try to work on an update as soon as possible, but it could take a while... So during that time, you can try to downgrade AE (you can keep both versions on your computer).
    Sorry I can't do more for the moment.

Cheers,
    François
  • Hi Taylor and Hi everyone!

It's been a long work, but Mask 3D Warper is now CC 2015.3 compatible.

Enjoy!
    François
  • Is this plug-in compatible with AE CC 2017.1 release (version 14.1.0.57)?

When I apply the effect to a layer I'm getting a AE error window that states the following:

5027::150
    After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {effect param_index out of range ([1..num_streams-1])} ( 5027 :: 150 )

• Hi everyone,

the issue Ron's been hitting has been fixed, a new version is available.

Enjoy!
    François
  • Hey man, is this supposed to be compatible with CC 2015.3 because I had to update recently and now a scene that kind of relies on the plug in isn't working once I re-installed.
    Regards
  • Hi Adam,

I've just uploaded a new version a few hours ago. Is it the version you installed?
    If it is the case, please open a support ticket and send me your file, I'll have a look at it.

Cheers,
    François
  • In my case When i update the new version of plug-in my issue is resolved assignment help uk  
  • Edit -----Double post----
  • Hello, is the Mesh grid not visible naturally or because I'm using the demo version?
    Or a bug?
    I tried "Mesh Use Light", "Mesh Color", "Mesh Stroke Width", and other controls to no avail.

• Hi!

The Mesh should be visible, even with the demo, unless your graphic card doesn't support line rendering, but I doubt it (they all do...)
    If you still have hard times, please open a support ticket and send me your project, I'll take a look see if it happens on my side too...

Cheers,
    François
  • Hi!

The Mesh should be visible, even with the demo, unless your graphic card doesn't support line rendering, but I doubt it (they all do...)
    If you still have hard times, please open a support ticket and send me your project, I'll take a look see if it happens on my side too...

Cheers,
    François
    I'm using NVidia GTX 780 Ti. 
    I'm just following this tutorial (really interested on the 2D Warping capability to replace Puppet Tool!)

but I stopped mid way because I can't get the Mesh grid to show up.
    I'm using After Effects CC 2014.2 by the way, not the latest one (can't abandon the Multiprocessing ability).

• Is your plugin working on a macbook pro with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB graphics card ?
    I tried the demo but the "M3DW_Renderer.plugin" seems not to load
    I have a message saying "After effects can't continue: M3DW_renderer plug-in generated an unexpected exception"
    thanks
  • Is your plugin work on a macbook pro with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB graphics card ?
    I tried the demo but the "M3DW_Renderer.plugin" seems not to load
    I have a message saying "After effects can't continue: M3DW_renderer plug-in generated an unexpected exception"
    thanks
    Hi,

if you received this warning, for sure the plugin won't work on your computer. I don't own a macbook, so I can't try and tell you what exactly causes the issue (graphic card and/or macbook configuration)...
    If you intended to use M3DW for 2D distortion or if you use CC 2018 (with expressions on mask points) and don't need 3D lighting you should give a try to layer sculptor. Hopefully your computer can support it (the 2 plugins don't use the same structure), and it's cheaper :-)

Cheers,
    François
  • I bought this and have a macbook with CC2020 and I get the error After Effects can't continue.  I did see you have layer sculptor that can work for me.  Just wanted to see if you have an update for macbook and CC2020 or if I can switch this over to the sculptor.

Thank you!
  • I bought this and have a macbook with CC2020 and I get the error After Effects can't continue.  I did see you have layer sculptor that can work for me.  Just wanted to see if you have an update for macbook and CC2020 or if I can switch this over to the sculptor.

Thank you!
    Hi,

can you open a support ticket, so we can make the exchange?

Cheers,
    François
  • Hi!
    I have a questionI would like to recreate something similar this effect, with the popup people on a growing landscape:

https://youtu.be/_aYfSef25eg?t=32

I can do it just fine if the landscape I create is just another layer, like a photo, turned 3d and rotated -90. But I can't displace the hills and mountains. This plugin looks like it can do it but I am not sure. When I tried the demo, the layer with 3d warper applied to it does not move in sync with the other 3d layers in the scene when I move the camera (the other layers are basically photos of people that look as if they are on the terrain). Is there a way to get this to move in sync with the other 3d layers? 

Thanks!

• Hi!
    I have a questionI would like to recreate something similar this effect, with the popup people on a growing landscape:

I can do it just fine if the landscape I create is just another layer, like a photo, turned 3d and rotated -90. But I can't displace the hills and mountains. This plugin looks like it can do it but I am not sure. When I tried the demo, the layer with 3d warper applied to it does not move in sync with the other 3d layers in the scene when I move the camera (the other layers are basically photos of people that look as if they are on the terrain). Is there a way to get this to move in sync with the other 3d layers? 

Thanks!

Hi,

I can't tell you for sure... What I can tell is:
    -the demo has no other limitation than a watermark. So the result with a licensed version will be the same than what you can do now.
    -the example you show is probably made with Trapcode Mir, not 3D Mask Warper. Though there are some similarities between the 2 plugins, their approach is different... M3DW is powerful with masks, when Mir is more map oriented.

Feel free to try both, to see what fits your needs :-)

Cheers,
    François

• Hi!

Thanks!

Hi,

I can't tell you for sure... What I can tell is:
    -the demo has no other limitation than a watermark. So the result with a licensed version will be the same than what you can do now.
    -the example you show is probably made with Trapcode Mir, not 3D Mask Warper. Though there are some similarities between the 2 plugins, their approach is different... M3DW is powerful with masks, when Mir is more map oriented.

Feel free to try both, to see what fits your needs :-)

Cheers,
    François

Thanks. Yeah, I was unable to get the m3dw to move in sync with the other 3d layers. I had the same result with trapcode mir.

Thanks anyway!
  • Hi there,
    I'm having a similar issue to someone else in the comments down below: 
    "M3DW_renderer plug-in generated an unexpected exception"

I'm running Windows 10, with an NVIDIA 1080Ti graphics card. Is this an NVIDIA compatibility issue with your plugin? I would really like to be able to use it, since I paid for it. I'm also running it over remote desktop, so that may be the issue as well. Are there any workarounds? Thanks!
  • Hi there,
    I'm having a similar issue to someone else in the comments down below: 
    "M3DW_renderer plug-in generated an unexpected exception"

I'm running Windows 10, with an NVIDIA 1080Ti graphics card. Is this an NVIDIA compatibility issue with your plugin? I would really like to be able to use it, since I paid for it. I'm also running it over remote desktop, so that may be the issue as well. Are there any workarounds? Thanks!
    Hi,

unfortunately, it does sound like a hardware incompatibility. Please open a support ticket to get a refund.

Cheers,
    François
  • Hello, I'm getting the following error and the layer disappears

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {effect param_index out of range ([1..num_streams-1])}

( 5027 :: 150 )

Currently running a 3070, windows 10, AE 22.1.1
  • sam park said:
    Hello, I'm getting the following error and the layer disappears

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {effect param_index out of range ([1..num_streams-1])}

( 5027 :: 150 )

Currently running a 3070, windows 10, AE 22.1.1

Hi,

when did the error happen? Was it right after you applied M3DW or after any specific move?
    If it happens right after applying it, it could be some incompatibility with your GPU. If not, please let me know when it happens so I can guess where the issue comes from.

Cheers,
    François