• this is awesome. would love to see python compatibility in the future if that's at all possible! imagine porting nuke python into this!
  • Looks amazing!! Timeline on a Mac version?
  • Looks amazing!! Timeline on a Mac version?
    It really depends on the Apple's strategy on Mac, Apple turns to use their own tech which makes OpenGL deprecated and hard to develop on Mac. 
  • Make it for CS6 and I will pay $200
  • NEED this for OSX :)

THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

<3 <3

Please let me know when mac version is available. 
  • Hi,

As PixelsWorld uses Lua, how about making it compatible with Moho ( https://www.mohoanimation.com/moho-pro.shtml ) so we can use and combine Moho character animation within AfterEffects ?

Just a great idea ;-)

Kind regards
  • I know it might be an OpenGL issue but I would buy it straight away if it was on Mac. I'm using Kodelife myself and keep rewriting shaders for GLSL on Mac but this tool would save so much time!
  • Hello, 
    How to use the sliders variables with Shadertoy code?

It looks like in Lua, you can just use something like : 
    float thres = slider[1];

But with shadertoy, the console says : "undefined variable "slider""

regards!
    by the way, any plans to make it compatible with Processing code in the future?
  • y d said:
    Hello, 

float thres = slider[1];

Ok, it's in the doc :)

slider[0] on GLSL mode = _PixelsWorld_slider[0] on shadertoy mode.
  • y d said:
    Hello, 

float thres = slider[1];

regards!
    by the way, any plans to make it compatible with Processing code in the future?
    Glad that you have solved your problem. 
    You can also refer this page to get all pre-defined code:

Cheers,
    ZzStarSound.
  • Hi, is there any way that this plugin will support Processing or P5 code in the future?
  • Hi, is there any way that this plugin will support Processing or P5 code in the future?
    Hi, Aris

It is a pretty great and profound question. 
    Let me start with the conclusion: theoretically speaking, yes it can be supportted, but unfortunately we don't plant to do it. 

Our purpose is to develop an Ae friendly painting language and to provide a community for CG artists and programmers to collaborate with each other. 

The main problem of supporting Processing language is the looping-control impossibility in Ae. Means in Processing, you can declare "void draw()" function, then Processing runs this function in a loop. In the draw function you can read/write variables declared outside this function to save your last-frame-status. While in Ae, every data in this frame should be disposed before rendering the next frame, or the cache system of Ae would crash. 

But things are not that bad, beginning v3.3.3, we added save/load data functions so that you can cache your last-frame-data.This part of function is provided for those who understand the structure of Ae and don't mind reset the crashed Ae cache system by hand. 

In a nutshell, Processing language is supported (beginning v3.3.3), but the adaptor to translate Processing to PixelsWorld has not been provided yet. (We consider that it will be developed by third party or we will develop it by ourselves)

ZzStarSound
    MiLai visual performance group

• This is truly amazing, I would love to see this with Mac OS support.
  • Hi there, 
    this is a very inspiring plugin!

I have a problem: How can I use the Wave Visualization presets? For me it doesn't seem to work.
    For my understanding it should simply read any audio output in the same composition, right?

Best Regards
  • Hi there, 

I have a problem: How can I use the Wave Visualization presets? For me it doesn't seem to work.
    For my understanding it should simply read any audio output in the same composition, right?

Best Regards
    Hi, Ingo Nasse!
    Thanks for using our product. 

Yes, your understanding is right. And please check the following steps: 
    0. Open the World formula editor. 
    1. Select "WaveVisualization"
    2. Select "Waveform"
    3. Click "Replace" (Not "Apply") button in the Formular preview area. 
    4. Click OK. 

PixelsWorld doesn't render image in audio layer, it only works in Solids, Texts, Shapes, Comps. 
    If you want to apply the waveform preset to an audio layer. Please pre-compose the audio layer and put PixelsWorld onto the pre-composed layer you get. 

Cheers,
    ZzStarSound
  • Hi there, 

Best Regards
    Hi, Ingo Nasse!

2. Select "Waveform"
    4. Click OK. 

PixelsWorld doesn't render image in audio layer, it only works in Solids, Texts, Shapes, Comps. 
    If you want to apply the waveform preset to an audio layer. Please pre-compose the audio layer and put PixelsWorld onto the pre-composed layer you get. 

Cheers,
    ZzStarSound
    Hi ZzStarSound, 
    Thank you for your reply.
    I did exactly these steps 
    I have one comp with: 
    Layer 1: Solid Layer with PixelsWorld applied
    Layer 2: 18second audio wave file 
    This does not seem to react on audio. 

But when I tried it with making a pre-comp of the audio file and applying PixelsWorld with the Audio Preset it works. 

So only the later variant worked for me - which is totally fine. 
    Have you planned to make a video about using PixelsWorld with the Audio Preset Example?

Cheers
    Ingo

• Hi there, 

Best Regards
    Hi, Ingo Nasse!

2. Select "Waveform"
    4. Click OK. 

Cheers,
    ZzStarSound
    Hi ZzStarSound, 
    Thank you for your reply.
    I did exactly these steps 
    I have one comp with: 
    Layer 1: Solid Layer with PixelsWorld applied
    Layer 2: 18second audio wave file 
    This does not seem to react on audio. 

But when I tried it with making a pre-comp of the audio file and applying PixelsWorld with the Audio Preset it works. 

So only the later variant worked for me - which is totally fine. 
    Have you planned to make a video about using PixelsWorld with the Audio Preset Example?

Cheers
    Ingo

I'm glad that it works for you. 

You remind me the lack of descriptions of audio system in our documentation. 
    There is yet no plan to complement it since the audio system is still not the best one we expected and we are still working hard to make it more powerful and easy to use. We will keep in mind to update our documentation and will give more details of audio system after all this work done. Stay tuned : )

Cheers, ZzStarSound

• hi, great plugin - is there any possibility of buffers being added?
  • hi, great plugin - is there any possibility of buffers being added?

Hi, does the "buffers" mean working with multiple textures in one PixelsWorld? If so, we have already implemented texture system in Lua mode, where you can still use shadertoy's code or glsl code. You can find more information by the links listed below: https://milai.tech/products/PixelsWorld/docs/contents/Lua/Simulation.html https://milai.tech/products/PixelsWorld/docs/contents/Lua/Texture.html