Duplicate Frame Remover 3
  • This script has been a huge boost to productivity. Thanks Lloyd!
  • Is there an upgrade path from previous versions?
  • Is there an upgrade path from previous versions?
    Yes:  https://aescripts.com/duplicate-frame-remover/#upgrade-notice
  • Lloyd, Thanks for the prompt reply. I did in fact download it for free almost 10 years ago. Forgive me I was still coming out of the recession.
    $40 is a very fair price.

• Is there a way to make this even less aggressive? I'm trying to fix some 24p footage that was converted for broadcast but the pulldown is wacky. This script works but even set at 0.1 it's removing sections of frames that are different.
  • Is there a way to make this even less aggressive? I'm trying to fix some 24p footage that was converted for broadcast but the pulldown is wacky. This script works but even set at 0.1 it's removing sections of frames that are different.
    Use the Region of Interest feature to focus on the area where the change is most prominent
  • Is there a way to turn off the instruction notices and disable the expression linking the width and height of the region of interest?
  • Is there a way to turn off the instruction notices and disable the expression linking the width and height of the region of interest?
    You can turn off the help tips in the AE General prefs: https://drop.aescripts.com/Z4ukP0yl

Please open a support ticket to make feature requests: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1531&direct=1
  • Hi Lloyd!
    Thank you for useful script! It really works.

I have a video, it was damaged, I dont know why and how. So it have missing frames - on an average every 4 frame missing/repeated (but not strictly).

And unfortunatelly, when I recover long video shot (about 1,5-2 min 4K 60fps) appears noticeable time shifting in video. I mean, that video still smooth as it should be, but it shift in time (become slower or faster). Interest thing is, that start and end point stay where it should - at the same frames. But if you move forvard about a second and compare it with source video you clearly see, that this frame shift forvard or backward. 

And this is not the problem until you don't enable sound channel...((( So, I dont know why it works like that, but may be you can fix it somehow?
    Thank you in advance! 
  • I haven't commented on many scripts, but I wanted to tell you that this saved me many hours of work. Worth every f'ing penny.
  • This is a life saver. I love it!

I often have lots of different sources in my VFX and sometimes they have duplicate frames. I used to use FFMPEG "mp_decimate" but it's a pain to use and doesn't always work. Sometimes this takes a little tweaking depending on the shot - but it's been consistently saving me so much time!

Great job - money well spent. 
  • Hi Lloyd!
    I'm very impressive of your "Duplicate frame remover".
    Is it possible to output "de-dupped" video, preserving the original length without retiming, but with the new actual FPS instead?
    Thank you in advance!
  • Hi Lloyd!
    I'm very impressive of your "Duplicate frame remover".
    Is it possible to output "de-dupped" video, preserving the original length without retiming, but with the new actual FPS instead?
    Thank you in advance!
    Not sure exactly what you are asking but the way this works is by using time-remapping to remove the duplicate frames. You can render it and re-import it and in the 'Interpret Footage' settings set 'Conform to frame rate" to any frame rate you want.
  • Hi, 
    It would be a good idea to add to the warning window (saying the process cannot be stopped) that AFX interface will actually freeze up until the  process is completed. Since the calculation can take a while I thought it had crashed and rebooted and had to do the process three times before waiting it out.

Thanks.
  • Hi! Do you know how to do something that can detect static moments in video and turn them off or cut to other track? Like your Duplicate Frame Remover + Silence Remover or AutoCut (but not based on sound)?