• This is going to be updated for After Effects CC 2020, right?
    Hey Michael,

We should be ready to go for CC 2020 :))

Cheers,

Danny
  • For anyone having an issue with datamosh taking up loads of had drive space....which is everyone...for some reason datamosh saves temp files in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp  folder...
    Hey Matthew,

Sorry again for this issue. We should have a fix out in the new update!

Cheers,

Danny
  • I've gotten my Mac to allow the file to open but now all I get is this error log constantlyimage saying the code 1 of the ffmpeg is wrong or something. Please help asap.
  • I've gotten my Mac to allow the file to open but now all I get is this error log constantlyimage saying the code 1 of the ffmpeg is wrong or something. Please help asap.
    Hey Liam,

Would you mind opening a support ticket so that we can get this sorted out?

Cheers,

Danny
  • Hi !
    I have problem with Datamosh when i want to render my select rush, Datamosh say that :
    "Uh oh! It looks life After Effect failed to render your composition in preparation for moshing. UNofrfunately, they d'ont really tell us why it failed........"
    Sorry for my English.
    Somebody can help me ?
    I'm alone with this bug ?
    Thanks ;)
    SKU.PNG
    559 x 256 - 87K
  • Hi !
    I have problem with Datamosh when i want to render my select rush, Datamosh say that :
    "Uh oh! It looks life After Effect failed to render your composition in preparation for moshing. UNofrfunately, they d'ont really tell us why it failed........"
    Sorry for my English.
    Somebody can help me ?
    I'm alone with this bug ?
    Thanks ;)
     Please open a support ticket 
  • Using Datamosh in CC 2020, ffmpeg cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. I found the file and forced it to open anyway, but I'm still getting this dialog error that's preventing it from moshing.
    Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 2.53.18 AM.png
    1064 x 618 - 197K
  • Using Datamosh in CC 2020, ffmpeg cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. I found the file and forced it to open anyway, but I'm still getting this dialog error that's preventing it from moshing.

Please see the following FAQ for troubleshooting issues with Catalina: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/macos-10-15-catalina-notice/ If you’re still having difficulty, please open a support ticket send screenshots: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Okay - this extension does some amazing things that are really hard to replicate with manual datamoshing.

One tip though, if you find that when you try to mosh a long video or something with really big dimensions or something, the default settings are to pre-render it lossless and then mosh it. That pre-rendered video is stored (on a Mac) in your /private/vars/folders section and isn't really meant to be tampered with. One thing that can screw you up is that those pre-rendered videos are put in your recycle bin when you restart your computer, but they just hang out there while you're still working on the project. This means you'll see your hard disk space being eaten up really fast by invisible files.

I didn't have tons and tons of leftover disk space when I started a mosh project, and I could not figure out where 50-60GB disappeared to and made my applications start crashing. So if you're doing a really big mosh, make sure you have tons of disk space and after you get the finished mp4 generated, reboot your computer to clear out that pre-render (or I guess you could go mucking around in the /private folder). Alternatively: change the pre-render settings to something less data-intensive than Lossless.
  • Hi,

The application used to work very well, but now, all the videos are white as soon as I render them. 
    Is there a problem with the upgrade ?

Other than that, great app.

• Okay - this extension does some amazing things that are really hard to replicate with manual datamoshing.

One tip though, if you find that when you try to mosh a long video or something with really big dimensions or something, the default settings are to pre-render it lossless and then mosh it. That pre-rendered video is stored (on a Mac) in your /private/vars/folders section and isn't really meant to be tampered with. One thing that can screw you up is that those pre-rendered videos are put in your recycle bin when you restart your computer, but they just hang out there while you're still working on the project. This means you'll see your hard disk space being eaten up really fast by invisible files.

I didn't have tons and tons of leftover disk space when I started a mosh project, and I could not figure out where 50-60GB disappeared to and made my applications start crashing. So if you're doing a really big mosh, make sure you have tons of disk space and after you get the finished mp4 generated, reboot your computer to clear out that pre-render (or I guess you could go mucking around in the /private folder). Alternatively: change the pre-render settings to something less data-intensive than Lossless.
    Hey Matt,

Thanks for writing this up. We definitely appreciate the workaround for others to see.  It is true that you can eat through hard drive space extremely quickly if you have big/long clips. We are working on a solution that should help alleviate this going forward. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Danny
  • Hi,

The application used to work very well, but now, all the videos are white as soon as I render them. 
    Is there a problem with the upgrade ?

Other than that, great app.

Hey Jan, 

Would you mind opening a support ticket so we can further diagnose?

Cheers,

Danny
  • Hi, is this Mac only? Can't see anywhere on this page that it would be, but trial version only has instructions for Mac installation so I assume so? 
  • Hi, is this Mac only? Can't see anywhere on this page that it would be, but trial version only has instructions for Mac installation so I assume so? 
    It is cross-platform. If you need assistance please  open a support ticket
  • Data Mosh stays in prepping mode forever. Any fixes?
  • Data Mosh stays in prepping mode forever. Any fixes?
    Please open a support ticket 
  • This is a total mess. After a few trys I could get some interesting results but then it would only render again and again some old files instead of the ones selected in the timeline. Finally it just stopped working and the datamosh a message showed up saying it was a trial version, which is false since I bought it. Don't even try it this a trap.
  • This is a total mess. After a few trys I could get some interesting results but then it would only render again and again some old files instead of the ones selected in the timeline. Finally it just stopped working and the datamosh a message showed up saying it was a trial version, which is false since I bought it. Don't even try it this a trap.

If you are having issues please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

It is fully cross platform, installation instructions for windows are the same as on mac. You can also use our manager app to have it installed for you: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
  • Hi,

Just bought this, but I'm not able to load the extension. My After Effects says 2020, but the ZXP installer says I'm running 2021. It will still install, but the plugin will not load when I click on it in after effects. Can this be updated? Thanks!
  • Hi,

Just bought this, but I'm not able to load the extension. My After Effects says 2020, but the ZXP installer says I'm running 2021. It will still install, but the plugin will not load when I click on it in after effects. Can this be updated? Thanks!

If you are having issues please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Please resolve the temp location. it's a mess and dangerous . 

• Please resolve the temp location. it's a mess and dangerous . 
    Hey Aurelie,

Thanks for reaching out about the feature request! We will look into including this into our next update so that you can manually set where you would like the temp files rendered to.

- Danny
  • Unfortunately I can't get it to load after successful installation. It shows up under Window -> Extensions, but clicking it causes something to load for 2-3 seconds then nothing happens. No response to ticket. Wish I could refund, or at least let me demo first to make sure it even works or something.
  • Unfortunately I can't get it to load after successful installation. It shows up under Window -> Extensions, but clicking it causes something to load for 2-3 seconds then nothing happens. No response to ticket. Wish I could refund, or at least let me demo first to make sure it even works or something.
    If you are having techincal issues please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • im having the same issue( It shows up under Window -> Extensions, but clicking it causes something to load for 2-3 seconds then nothing happens) with the demo one 
  • im having the same issue( It shows up under Window -> Extensions, but clicking it causes something to load for 2-3 seconds then nothing happens) with the demo one 

If you are having techincal issues please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Having a hard time installing this

• Adam Long said:
    Having a hard time installing this

If you are having techincal issues please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • IF WE CAN USE IT ONLY ON MAC YOU SHOULD SAY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IF WE CAN USE IT ONLY ON MAC YOU SHOULD SAY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is fully cross-platform. Works the same on mac and windows. If you are having techincal issues please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I purchased Datamosh plugin recently. Have tried several footage and different settings (fps, lightings, shutter speed and etc...). Although duplicating deltaframes works fine, "Remove Frames" does nothing. I changed intensity but there is no effect I can see. Is there any specific circumstances of footage requires in order to get i-frame remove effect done for the transition? I attached the screenshot above. The first footage on the left and second is on the right. If anyone know how to fix it, please let me know. It'd so appriciated. Thank you,
    Screenshot 2021-02-13 194831.png
    3242 x 1842 - 3M
  • I purchased Datamosh plugin recently. Have tried several footage and different settings (fps, lightings, shutter speed and etc...). Although duplicating deltaframes works fine, "Remove Frames" does nothing. I changed intensity but there is no effect I can see. Is there any specific circumstances of footage requires in order to get i-frame remove effect done for the transition? I attached the screenshot above. The first footage on the left and second is on the right. If anyone know how to fix it, please let me know. It'd so appriciated. Thank you,

please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Neat plugin, though like the commenter before me, I don't seem to be able to remove I-frames. Neither on a Mac nor on Windows. A fix would be much appreciated!

• Same for me too. The plugin was working in the past, but recently updated to the new version and my iMac to Big Sur. Not sure if that makes a difference.
  • "After Effects error: null is not a valid template name". Tried manually writing a template name, nothing works. Is the plugin supposed to recognize my AE output module templates? Because if yes, not working either, the list available is empty. So much for the trial version. Not gonna buy if it i can't try it out. 
  • "After Effects error: null is not a valid template name". Tried manually writing a template name, nothing works. Is the plugin supposed to recognize my AE output module templates? Because if yes, not working either, the list available is empty. So much for the trial version. Not gonna buy if it i can't try it out. 
    please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • please, i just have bought it, and i cant use the remove frames, it doesnt work out! now i see lots of comments with the same problem, i just have bought because of the i-frames remove features, what should i do??
  • please, i just have bought it, and i cant use the remove frames, it doesnt work out! now i see lots of comments with the same problem, i just have bought because of the i-frames remove features, what should i do??

please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi guys - loving the software. Only thing is I can't seem to get the full melting effect like you have in the Dwight and Conor McGregor gifs. Can you recommend some settings to try. Thx.image