Goodbye Greenscreen

• Did not get good results: https://i.imgur.com/FmMmmKe.png
    Can you share the full footage with us? From a first glimpse it looks like you background image is in focus, whilst the background in your foreground+background video is blurry (due to DOF). Also, do you use the "Match Perspective" feature?
  • Will it come also for Mac soon? Because I'm thinking about buying now for the better price (because I'm student) and then run it on mac when updated. But it would be bad, when it takes to long.
  • does not work with a resolution greater than 1920x1080. processes only the chunk with this resolution.
  • Will it come also for Mac soon? Because I'm thinking about buying now for the better price (because I'm student) and then run it on mac when updated. But it would be bad, when it takes to long.
    Probably not too soon. But maybe we run another discount then ;)
  • does not work with a resolution greater than 1920x1080. processes only the chunk with this resolution.
    Please download new version v1.0.1 which supports arbitrary resolutions.
  • You now can test the plugin with a demo shot of ours: https://aescripts.com/downloadable/download/product/id/254/

• OMG!!! Please please please be working on the Mac version! And let us know when you have it ready. I'm ready to give you my money for this!
  • This looks great. Two questions for you:

1. If the person is lit from the front (e.g., using a ring light), potentially casting a shadow on the background, does it still work, or does the shadow on the background mess things up?
    2. Where can I download the demo version of this plugin?
     Thanks!

• You now can test the plugin with a demo shot of ours: https://aescripts.com/downloadable/download/product/id/254/

Just tested with this and I'm getting an outline..  If I could solve that I'd buy the plugin for sure.  It does seem to depend on the background I use.

I also had to uncheck Match Perspective because that produced a flickering mess with lots of holes.

Light Wrap helps a little but doesn't quite get rid of the outline.   It's strange because Warped Background doesn't leave any trace.

Just tested with this and I'm getting an outline..  If I could solve that I'd buy the plugin for sure.  It does seem to depend on the background I use.

I also had to uncheck Match Perspective because that produced a flickering mess with lots of holes.

Light Wrap helps a little but doesn't quite get rid of the outline.   It's strange because Warped Background doesn't leave any trace.
    Hey Chris, could you open a support ticket and send us a screenshot to ? I am not sure if this is an error or a "normal" keying border, which you could tackle with AEs internal Refine Hard & Refine Soft Matte effects.
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Hey Chris, could you send us a screenshot to [email protected]? I am not sure if this is an error or a "normal" keying border, which you could tackle with AEs internal Refine Hard & Refine Soft Matte effects.
    Emailed.  I messed around with the Refine Effects, seemed like it was working but ended up with shimmering edges..    If the results in your promo video did not come exclusively from your plugin, it would be great if you could include all the steps to recreate your results in the promo video in the manual or make a tutorial video.
  • Hi, after trying it how can I make a clean uninstall of the demo version?
  • https://dl.dropbox.com/s/m2z0lp4nuv46amf/shot_210204_151848.png
    https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zksy18bkhtpapo0/shot_210204_152110.png
    certainly not clean key at all. a lot of artifacts. although the background is an ideal picture taken from the same angle / light

• https://dl.dropbox.com/s/m2z0lp4nuv46amf/shot_210204_151848.png
    https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zksy18bkhtpapo0/shot_210204_152110.png
    certainly not clean key at all. a lot of artifacts. although the background is an ideal picture taken from the same angle / light

Can you please also share the foreground and background image, otherwise its difficult to boil down the problem. Thanks! :)
  • Possible we could see a CS6 version?
  • Hello. Can you add video tutorial for video and screen step by step?
  • How do you use this as a Keyer. I was impressed enough to DL demo but I'm lost without a Tutorial and reading all the comments I'm pretty hesitant to make purchase not knowing if this will work as an alternative Keyer-or is this really designed to only work with a clean plate since most footage I'm interested in trying this on or against other plugins to see if this might be a better go to for certain shots. AI right...Thanks.
  • Hello. Can you add video tutorial for video and screen step by step?
    That would be nice...Great Lil Demo but man it be nice to have a tutorial so I have more confidence to try and/or buy...
  • Hello. Plugin doesn't work for me.
  • Hey guys, we are already working on a tutorial. At the moment please use the provided .pdf guide with the trial version, settings and workflow are explained there in detail. And if you encounter any problems during installation or usage please open a support ticket on https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Are you working in 16bit mode? We know of some rendering issues in this mode and are working on a fix. Could you try switching to 8bit or 32 bit?
  • The GPU acceleration is amazing. Some type of manual spill kill control would be cool for color selection but with this latest update and after trying it out on some old footage, I'm really impressed. Excellent work, folks!
  • https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kp6zlyto8uqkgq3/shot_210211_000023.png
    GPU version does not start. rtx 3090 card the latest studio driver.

• Hi there. I also had some mixed results on the demo. Seemed to get to the neck then cut off??? 
    Hair and head look great (from 1280 zoom recording), but when it gets to the neck nothing below?
    It seems to cut at the point where if you choose 'warped background' in result, it chops there.
    Any ideas keen to use this if it works.... Owen
  • Hi there,
    I don't seem to be able to install the plugin (see screen recording below).
    I've tried multiple times with both CPU and GPU versions, but without any luck.
    I do get an error about Microsoft C++ already being installed, but am hesitant to uninstall that, just to get this working.
    Any help if figuring this out would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    (edit: not sure what's up with YouTube deciding my video "doesn't reflect community standards".
  • Hi there,
    I do get an error about Microsoft C++ already being installed, but am hesitant to uninstall that, just to get this working.
    (edit: not sure what's up with YouTube deciding my video "doesn't reflect community standards".
    I Have the same problem
  • Hi there,
    I Have the same problem
    You can ignore this message, if the VC runtime is installed already everything is fine. It's a bit unlucky that the Microsoft installer calls this an error although.
  • You can ignore this message, if the VC runtime is installed already everything is fine. It's a bit unlucky that the Microsoft installer calls this an error although.
    That's what I assumed, but if you watch the video I posted, you'll see that for some reason (possibly unrelated to that error message), the plugin does not load in my instance of After Effects.
  • Can you screenshot the message you get from AE and open a bug report with it via https://aescripts.com/contact/
    Thanks!
    You can ignore this message, if the VC runtime is installed already everything is fine. It's a bit unlucky that the Microsoft installer calls this an error although.
    That's what I assumed, but if you watch the video I posted, you'll see that for some reason (possibly unrelated to that error message), the plugin does not load in my instance of After Effects.

• I don't know how to customize it
  • Got it yesterday. This honestly isn't worth it until they fix this. I have been up for hours trying to get this stupid thing to work. 

Filmed a bunch of stuff hoping I could just throw this on and it would get rid of the dark background that's behind dark clothes wearing me... Ok my fault, obviously I shouldn't have thought of this as the potential magic miracle tonic the ads made it look like it was... Okay let's try again.

Filmed in a brighter room, but I'm still having issues where my dark jacket confuses it when there's a dark object in the background of my plate image.

Well, it's now starting to KIND of work, but get this... I'm getting it to SORT of work with.... drumroll please... A GREEN SCREEN.

Oh, but I'm not done.  Finally got to a point where I thought it was starting to cooperate and the real fun started when sending it to Adobe Media encoder.  Every other frame was the plugin spitting out error frames, not even turning on for some frames just rendering the whole unkeyed frame, and then....image

Yay, thanks for the crashes!

I totally regret purchasing this mess.  By the time I got it to kind of work with my green screen, Red Giant's primatte keyer works better anyway.  This is not ready for the giant $100 price tag their hubris decided to go with
  • Got it yesterday. This honestly isn't worth it until they fix this. I have been up for hours trying to get this stupid thing to work. 

Filmed a bunch of stuff hoping I could just throw this on and it would get rid of the dark background that's behind dark clothes wearing me... Ok my fault, obviously I shouldn't have thought of this as the potential magic miracle tonic the ads made it look like it was... Okay let's try again.

Filmed in a brighter room, but I'm still having issues where my dark jacket confuses it when there's a dark object in the background of my plate image.

Well, it's now starting to KIND of work, but get this... I'm getting it to SORT of work with.... drumroll please... A GREEN SCREEN.

Oh, but I'm not done.  Finally got to a point where I thought it was starting to cooperate and the real fun started when sending it to Adobe Media encoder.  Every other frame was the plugin spitting out error frames, not even turning on for some frames just rendering the whole unkeyed frame, and then....image

Yay, thanks for the crashes!

I totally regret purchasing this mess.  By the time I got it to kind of work with my green screen, Red Giant's primatte keyer works better anyway.  This is not ready for the giant $100 price tag their hubris decided to go with
    Hey James,

I am sorry you had a bad experience with our plugin. To investigate why the rendering was failing on your footage and setup, it would help alot if you'd open a support ticket, send us the crash report and, if possible, some parts of your footage so we can test the workflow. Also, in case you don't know, we recently released a tutorial explaining all the steps and requirements to the footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVUcDZguR9I

• Hey Blace Plugins, just purchased this without reading it's currently only supported on Windows.
    Do you have a rough timeline for when a Mac version will be available?
    Happy to hold on if it's coming soon otherwise I'll request a refund.
    Thanks. James

Hey It's been 2 weeks with no response....

So it's a no to the mac version?
  • Hey Blace Plugins, just purchased this without reading it's currently only supported on Windows.
    Do you have a rough timeline for when a Mac version will be available?
    Happy to hold on if it's coming soon otherwise I'll request a refund.
    Thanks. James

Hey It's been 2 weeks with no response....

So it's a no to the mac version?
    Hey, a mac version is not one of our priorities for now.
  • I tried the trial and I am amazed! I in some cases it works pretty good but in others not so good. I can't wait to see future versions of this! it could change everything!!! 
  • Hello, i tried the trial and i have a problem. The preview in quarter or third is very good and the effect works perfectly, but in half it's not the same and in full it's like not at all the same than quarter or third and nothing works :/
    And when i export the video, everything is different and nothing works correctly, so i don't know, i want to buy it but i don't know if it will works better or if it's a normal issue.
    is there a difference between gpu or cpu version ?
    I'd really liked a bit of help please :/ thanks in advance
  • Hey Anakin,
    could you please open a ticket on https://aescripts.com/contact/ and provide us with some screenshots of the failure cases as well as your system specs?
    Best,
    Peter
  • Just bought this plugin! it is really fast! I Just completed a project in 2 days with this that would have taken me a month. The plugin has a few quirks Like when similar colors in the background are close to the subject that you are keying, and the Auto Analyze function has problems with detection of the subjects in everyday video and needs a way to define what you want to key, But this has awesome potential I can't wait for the next version! Great work Blace Plugins!!
  • Yeah... plugin definitely doesn't even install. Tried both GPU and CPU. Microsoft C+ errors both times. 
  • Just bought this plugin! it is really fast! I Just completed a project in 2 days with this that would have taken me a month. The plugin has a few quirks Like when similar colors in the background are close to the subject that you are keying, and the Auto Analyze function has problems with detection of the subjects in everyday video and needs a way to define what you want to key, But this has awesome potential I can't wait for the next version! Great work Blace Plugins!!
    could you please open a ticket on https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=1706 and provide us with some screenshots of the failure cases as well as your system specs?

• NEED for Mac plzz
  • Love this plugin! I hope there is a new update soon. Automatic keying would be awesome if it was able to key more dependably, and the background keying is ok but even with good lighting and chosen setup to make it easier on the plugin, it still makes a cross your fingers moment when I use it. Also making a way to clean up edges within the plugin would be helpful. But all in all it's a thousand times faster than trying to (Rotobrush 2) people out. Hope to see an update soon!
  • Is the Mac version in development?
  • Please add support for AE 2019.
  • Please add support for AE 2019.
    It even works in 2018. What are you on about?
  • Does this work for Mac as yet?
  • Sure would like to see some improvments on this plugin soon. 
  • When will there be Mac version released?