Drag Zoom Pro for Adobe Premiere Pro
  • Loving this plug-in, but having a small issue where it behaves oddly when I am using footage in a sequence that are in different aspect ratios. For example, I film in 16:9 but edit in 2.00:1, which means the top and bottom of my footage are intentionally cropped out. Zooming in with this plug-in works great, but hitting the "Zoom out to 100%" button actually zooms it out to 88.9%. creating black pillar boxes on the sides of my composition. I think the plug-in is trying to scale the clip down to fit the comp, which is not what I want. Again, I intend for the top and bottom of my clips to be cropped out. Nesting the clips solves this issue, but I would like to not have to next every clip on which I want to zoom in and out.

Great plug-in, other than this one small issue!
  • Thanks Scott!

Actually I do edit in 2:1 aspect ratio too and what I do is just use one of the entries in the RECENTS list instead of hitting "Zoom out to 100%". When you first REFRESH on a new clip, an entry is added to the list of RECENTS matching that exact framing. So if that's your default "100%" then you can just use that. Let me know if this works for you!

I will think about how to improve the "Zoom out to 100%" in this situation for future updates!
  • Thanks Scott!

Actually I do edit in 2:1 aspect ratio too and what I do is just use one of the entries in the RECENTS list instead of hitting "Zoom out to 100%". When you first REFRESH on a new clip, an entry is added to the list of RECENTS matching that exact framing. So if that's your default "100%" then you can just use that. Let me know if this works for you!

I will think about how to improve the "Zoom out to 100%" in this situation for future updates!
    Thanks for the tip! This worked great!
  • Downloaded your trial. Works well. I do a lot of green screen work and was hoping this would help speed up some punching in and out. Once you're able to run this on multiple clips at once, I'll give it another shot. 
  • Downloaded your trial. Works well. I do a lot of green screen work and was hoping this would help speed up some punching in and out. Once you're able to run this on multiple clips at once, I'll give it another shot. 
    Multiple clips at once? Can you elaborate when such a thing is useful? Technically it would be perfectly possible to implement that in Drag Zoom Pro.
  • Hi i really like this plugin but can i ask if you can add option in future to 3d rotate its really cool if u use it in screen shots tutorial . i can do that manually but take long time for me ,if u can do it its really really helpful and if u want examples for what i mean i can make short video .. thanks alot and wating ur answer
  • Hi i really like this plugin but can i ask if you can add option in future to 3d rotate its really cool if u use it in screen shots tutorial . i can do that manually but take long time for me ,if u can do it its really really helpful and if u want examples for what i mean i can make short video .. thanks alot and wating ur answer
    Cool idea and yeah a short video to visualize what effect you are after would be awesome!
  • This example for what i mean. I hope you got the idea
    same time u can  make zoom in , zoom out  etc.
     all that by using keyframe but really take long time with long video 

• This example for what i mean. I hope you got the idea
    same time u can  make zoom in , zoom out  etc.
     all that by using keyframe but really take long time with long video 

This looks really cool!

Did you do it in AE of Premiere? If in Premiere then what effect did you use, was it "Basic 3D" ?
  • Yes just adobe  Premiere  with Basic 3D . easy but give you wonderful results 
  • he is not working in IOS ? whay you don't do any information  about working in ios or just at windws ??
  • he is not working in IOS ? whay you don't do any information  about working in ios or just at windws ??
    Do you mean macOS? It does work on both macOS and Windows
  • Will you be adding different easing options to the zooms!
  • Will you be adding different easing options to the zooms!
    As a matter of fact I will! Adobe recently fixed an issue in their code that will allow me to set all kinds of easings through my plugin
  • "Installation failed because the extension is not compatible with the installed applications."
    - through ZXPInstaller
    - win10
    - Premiere Pro 15.4.2.

Could you assist on this please?
  • "Installation failed because the extension is not compatible with the installed applications."
    - through ZXPInstaller
    - win10
    - Premiere Pro 15.4.2.

Could you assist on this please?
    Damian, I've updated the compatibility info. Please try installing again.
  • @Kamil Pekala it installed successfully through aescripts app. Failed through ZXP. However, when clicking Window>Extensions>Drag Zoom Pro - nothing happens. The extension window doesn't appear.
    Fresh Premiere Pro 15.4.2 installation, Win10
  • @Kamil Pekala it installed successfully through aescripts app. Failed through ZXP. However, when clicking Window>Extensions>Drag Zoom Pro - nothing happens. The extension window doesn't appear.
    Fresh Premiere Pro 15.4.2 installation, Win10
    Same here. Used AEscripts installer, shows in extension window, did install cleanly, no window.
  • If the plugin shows in Window -> Extensions menu but doesn't open then it's usually a glitch in Premiere. Either Premiere reinstall or prefs reset (this: https://bit.ly/PremiereResetPrefs) should help
  • I tried this fix on the new Premier Pro version v 22 without any luck:

"If the plugin shows in Window -> Extensions menu but doesn't open then it's usually a glitch in Premiere. Either Premiere reinstall or prefs reset (this: https://bit.ly/PremiereResetPrefs) should help"

Any other option Kamil? 
  • I tried this fix on the new Premier Pro version v 22 without any luck:

"If the plugin shows in Window -> Extensions menu but doesn't open then it's usually a glitch in Premiere. Either Premiere reinstall or prefs reset (this: https://bit.ly/PremiereResetPrefs) should help"

Any other option Kamil? 
    The extension should NOT be installed with the aescripts manager. It should be installed with this ZXP installer: https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/ 
  • Thank you kamil!, that indeed solved the problem.
  • I can confirm. The plug=in, at least the demo version won't load with the latest premiere pro, tried the beta as well without any luck. Tried it on my M1 Max Macbook Pro, still no luck. Would love an update on this, coz i'm very interested in buying your plugin. 

Thanks
  • I can confirm. The plug=in, at least the demo version won't load with the latest premiere pro, tried the beta as well without any luck. Tried it on my M1 Max Macbook Pro, still no luck. Would love an update on this, coz i'm very interested in buying your plugin. 

Thanks
    The extension should NOT be installed with the aescripts manager. It should be installed with this ZXP installer: https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/ 

Thanks
    I did install it with the mentioned installer. I have multiple other plugins installed and they work fine. Do you have any other suggestions? I did try to clear my panes and all the other suggestions in the comments but no luck as of now. Would love to be turned in to a customer.

Thanks
    I did install it with the mentioned installer. I have multiple other plugins installed and they work fine. Do you have any other suggestions? I did try to clear my panes and all the other suggestions in the comments but no luck as of now. Would love to be turned in to a customer.
    Please reach out via email ([email protected]), I'm gonna try to resolve this and help you and make it work. What is happening exactly: did it seemingly install and it shows up in the Window -> Extensions menu but it simply doesn't open when you click on it?
  • I have always HATED animating in Premiere, this is such a time saver! It would be really nice if extending the marker length would adjust the animation duration accordingly. 
  • Used to work but I cant get this plugin to work at all, even following the ZXP install route. Please fix, -50 usd for nothing.
    Edit: Does work on my macbook pro but not pc??
  • Just purchased this and I'm having the same issues. PPro 2022 on Win 10, selecting Window -> Extensions --> Drag Zoom Pro and nothing happens. I used the ZXP installer and cleared the PPro cache. Please advise. 
  • Just purchased this and I'm having the same issues. PPro 2022 on Win 10, selecting Window -> Extensions --> Drag Zoom Pro and nothing happens. I used the ZXP installer and cleared the PPro cache. Please advise. 
    See https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/  
  • Hi Kamil! I'm considering getting this plugin but wanted to know if it works with vertical aspect ratios? I work in social media and much of the time the aspect ratios are 9:16 and 4:5.

Thanks for your time!
  • Hi Kamil! I'm considering getting this plugin but wanted to know if it works with vertical aspect ratios? I work in social media and much of the time the aspect ratios are 9:16 and 4:5.

Thanks for your time!
    It works with any aspect ratio that you want!
  • I have always HATED animating in Premiere, this is such a time saver! It would be really nice if extending the marker length would adjust the animation duration accordingly. 
    Great plugin man.
    Hate these animations.
    I don't know if I missed it, but is there an option now to do the animation for the clip as long as the clip is?
    Would be nice if there was just a button to click and the transition lenghth will be as long as the clip it will be applied to :D

Great job!!!
  • There are bugs in the plugin, today I opened Premier and suddenly all my fav zooms and settings were gone for no reason! 
    Is this plugin still supported?

• Waleed Kh said:
    There are bugs in the plugin, today I opened Premier and suddenly all my fav zooms and settings were gone for no reason! 
    Is this plugin still supported?

Yes! Unfortunately this is an issue that sometimes happens due to Premiere doing their cleanups or something I have no control of. I may be able to figure out a more robust way to store these in a future version though so stay tuned
  • Hi

Having the same issue as many on this thread 

Works fine on Mac. Installed on my PC and the menu wont open. Attempted to re install via ZXP and reset cashes with no success. 

Please can you advise on a solution

Thanks 
  • Hi

Having the same issue as many on this thread 

Works fine on Mac. Installed on my PC and the menu wont open. Attempted to re install via ZXP and reset cashes with no success. 

Please can you advise on a solution

Thanks 
    Usually this helps: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/ 
  • Same computer, same Windows10 system, same version of Premiere2023, same installation method.
    1.1.5 has no problems, 1.1.6 runs with a blank page.
  • Just a blank panel in Premiere Pro. I enabled debugging for CEP 8 - 11 ...still just a blank panel.
  • Also - I originally purchased directly from your web site (version 1.1.4) , but there is no option to download updates (that I can see), so I re-purchased here on AEScripts today so I could quickly update from the previous version. Maybe I'm missing something on your web site? I've purchased other extensions from your site - is the only option to get updates to email you? Not a huge fan of needing to email for updates, but again, maybe I'm missing something.

I love all your products. Extremely useful. Hopefully the issues with drag and zoom will be resolved soon. 

God bless.
  • Sorry about that! I've fixed the problem with version 1.1.7. Please update and it should work fine now.
  • Sorry about that! I've fixed the problem with version 1.1.7. Please update and it should work fine now.
    New update is working - Im getting a notification that I am on version 1.1.3. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Restarted Premiere and still saying 1.1.3. Just a heads up. Thanks for the super quick response and update. You rock man!
    New update is working - Im getting a notification that I am on version 1.1.3. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Restarted Premiere and still saying 1.1.3. Just a heads up. Thanks for the super quick response and update. You rock man!
    I've updated the zip file on aescripts. It's the same version number (1.1.7) but please download it again from aescripts.com , install and the issue should be fixed.
  • LOVING THE NEW UPDATE TYSM!

but now i'm wondering, since we now have proper bezier keyframe support, would it be possible to implement more customized easing presets?
  • I am trying the trial version and consider buying this, but something always goes wrong. The Premiere source monitor window never zooms to the same details as the extension preview window. It's always horizontally shifted. Am I missing something?
  • I am trying the trial version and consider buying this, but something always goes wrong. The Premiere source monitor window never zooms to the same details as the extension preview window. It's always horizontally shifted. Am I missing something?
    Not sure what you mean. Best to reach me directly via email and provide some screenshots or screen recording
  • The plugin is indeed helpful, but it seems to have a glitch when dealing with footage of different aspect ratios. The "Zoom out to 100%" function creates unintended pillar boxes. Hoping for a fix
  • Is this plug-in not applicable in Korean version Premier?
  • Is this plug-in not applicable in Korean version Premier?
    That is correct. Currently it's not.
  • encoding taking too much while refreshing or while applying zoom on a nested sequence.How can we fix it?