• I get the error "Unable to execute script at line 298." What's going on? 
    This is because you didn't install the product correctly. I can tell by the number of the line in the code error that the script didn't manage to find the icons !
    So... it means that you forgot to copy/paste the "easyShapeFXassets" folder in ScriptUI Panels ! 

To install it properly, please copy BOTH the file called "easyShapeFX.jsx" AND "easyShapeFXassets" folder at the exact same path hierarchy, which is your AE application folder > Scripts > ScriptUI Panels
    Then restart After Effects and re-launch the script, either by going through File > Run script... or by launching it directly from your Window menu (in order to make it dockable in you layout).

It should then work as expected !
    Please install it using our manager app: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

• Other people without easyshape can open the file in their AE?

• Other people without easyshape can open the file in their AE?
    Yes, of course !
    easyShapeFX isn't a plugin, but "just" a script that creates cool styles by applying native, standard AE effects and Shape Layers animators, so, yes, you can use something created with this tool without having to own the tool :)
  • Just been testing this a little to see if it would work. The Mirror button works fine horizontally, but doesn't seem to always be accurate unless I'm doing something wrong vertically ha. Also the warning message every time is a bit of a pain (but in the notes) I believe a couple of tools have made a Pseudo effect installer that may get around this issue. (I think RubberHose2) has this and it gets rid of that issue. Maybe this would help?
  • Just been testing this a little to see if it would work. The Mirror button works fine horizontally, but doesn't seem to always be accurate unless I'm doing something wrong vertically ha. Also the warning message every time is a bit of a pain (but in the notes) I believe a couple of tools have made a Pseudo effect installer that may get around this issue. (I think RubberHose2) has this and it gets rid of that issue. Maybe this would help?
    Hello !
    Thanks for your suggestions, but I don't really understand...
    The mirror effect works on both axis without any problem, I've just re-tested it just in case (be sure to unselect your content group before re-selecting the layer itself because otherwise the symmetry center won't be placed at the correct position !)
    Regarding the "warning message" that is a "bit of a pain", I don't understand your point : this tool is designed explicitly to be used on Shape Layers only so it's normal that these messages are popping up very time you try use other kind of layers... And you can only apply each type of effects once on a same layer, mainly because some tools (especially the Radial cloner) have to group your content and it would mess with the expressions if we applied the effect twice.
    This has nothing to do with Pseudo effects (and by the way, this tool USES pseudo-effects already), so thanks again for your report but in this case, it won't help...

Hello !
    The mirror effect works on both axis without any problem, I've just re-tested it just in case (be sure to unselect your content group before re-selecting the layer itself because otherwise the symmetry center won't be placed at the correct position !)
    Regarding the "warning message" that is a "bit of a pain", I don't understand your point : this tool is designed explicitly to be used on Shape Layers only so it's normal that these messages are popping up very time you try use other kind of layers... And you can only apply each type of effects once on a same layer, mainly because some tools (especially the Radial cloner) have to group your content and it would mess with the expressions if we applied the effect twice.
    This has nothing to do with Pseudo effects (and by the way, this tool USES pseudo-effects already), so thanks again for your report but in this case, it won't help...

Thanks for the reply. Sorry maybe i wasn't clear enough.

So Horizontal Axis seems to work fine, but i have no idea why but i had a weird issue happening on a single shape layer on the vertical one. I'll have to try re-create it. Can't get this to do this again currently. Maybe it was a random glitch or something else.

So the warning messages are happening when it's applied only to shape layers (i'm not using this on other layers). The warnings are for the missing effects. Which can be with Pseudo effects. So what i was saying is some tools disable these warnings so they don't come up all the time. Here is the error mesage - https://www.screencast.com/t/R9qI0b1yj

Hello !

Thanks for the reply. Sorry maybe i wasn't clear enough.

So Horizontal Axis seems to work fine, but i have no idea why but i had a weird issue happening on a single shape layer on the vertical one. I'll have to try re-create it. Can't get this to do this again currently. Maybe it was a random glitch or something else.

So the warning messages are happening when it's applied only to shape layers (i'm not using this on other layers). The warnings are for the missing effects. Which can be with Pseudo effects. So what i was saying is some tools disable these warnings so they don't come up all the time. Here is the error mesage - https://www.screencast.com/t/R9qI0b1yj

Hoo, I get it, sorry I didn't know you were actually on CS6 !
    This "missing error" issue only happens for CS6 uses, and I specified it at the bottom of the product's page. I could provide a "pseudo-effect" installer but it's actually a name your own price product and I don't really have the time for that unfortunately...
    By the way, why are you still staying on CS6 ?
    To be honnest, I intend to do not support this really old version in my future tools, this is why I ask you that
  • Ahhh yes, i apologise i should have said. 

Yea, its CS6 and i saw the specified part about showing the missing effect (i assumed it was just in the Effects control window area like other tools), but the error pops up on every application of the tool so i thought i better mention it just in case it wasn't meant to show up. 

Totally agree on the name own price point, i have purchased your other tools but for NYOP there isn't a trial as such so you have to download for free first to test it out. 

CS6 because I really don't agree with subscription models. i used to upgrade every other year like CS4, then CS5 (skip 5.5 then go CS6. So i could when to spend money on software. The subscription full CC suite actually when they changed it would have cost me 100% more on my upgrade cycle. Also as i found with the .5 jumps the added value was minimal. 

Also since CC in 2014 - i always say can you honestly say that after paying say the max monthly price for say 7-8 years there have been 7-8 years of massive improvements over what you cant actually still do in CS6. 

So what i did i stuck with CS6 then just started buying hundreds of scripts and tools on AE Scripts, and other plugin vendors. So i actually now have AE with an utter ton of tools added in that can do far more than AE standard would ever have. 

A lot of the places i have bought tools still realise people are doing this so support back :) ie RE_Vision FX still rock out tools all the way back. I also help with other Script and plugin creators to test for CS6 to keep the support running way back. :)
  • @Chris Marriot

OK, I get it... and I totally understand your point on the subscription model that is too expensive indeed compared to a full life time license we had before.

But I know a bunch of guys working at Adobe, and I don't agree with you when you say it hasn't evolved that much since CS6... They work really hard to add as much new features as possible !
    Just the new expression javascript engine itself - since i'm a developper - and, let say, path expressions introduced in CC2018 have been a game changer for me, and no scripts or plugin will allow you to achieve what I can do with such features.

And, unfortunately, I've just realized today that I didn't create any back up of the pseud-effects when I created easyShapeFX (which has started just as a demo of what can be achieved whith scripting during an Adobe Live Sessions, so I hadn't event the idea to sale it as NYOP product firstly), so i won't be able to provide a pseudo-installer for it (sorry I told you I could in my previous post but I won't be able to do that unless I re-write it from scratch, which I can't afford to do for a NYOP product).

Anyway, thanks for your feedback ; I'll do my best to maintain CS6 compatibility (without errors warnings) for my future tools development.

• Oh yes, i don't dispute that there are new features have been added at all, i know there have been and some are rather temping like the one you mention path expressions and a few mask/path tools (Multithreading is finally on it's way back to AE i believe as its in BETA). But if you look at 8 years worth of time, and if you were paying that money (for me it would be £41.62 ex VAT per month). I would have paid £3,995.52 over 8 years. Has there been that amount in value added? I'm not sure if i would have used those features added to justify the cost, where as i could put that money in to other tools :) Maybe one day but i know a fair few people still use CS6 for production of Templates and stock projects to ensure the wide market access without having to convert to all the versions. 

Oh thats a pain with no backup! Totally understand on the NYOP product and not re-write for an installer pseudo effect. It's just one of those things :) Guess that means you cant make it a paid for product? I'm sure some people would happily pay so maybe in the future ha :)

Your very welcome, it was just a few thoughts and ideas was all, not a criticism at all :) - It would be amazing to keep CS6 compatibility. PluginEverything i suggested an idea to and it really worked. For a single installer you can use an IF statement to detect version and even hide a few incompatible features from the menu if they arnt supported in a version. 
  • Hi Matthieu, when using the Grid clone, is it possible to have the repeater not repeat from the center of the grid but from the side? I notice that in your linear repeater there's an option to uncheck "center clones". I can't find the same option in your Grid clone. Am I missing something? Thank you in advance for your help and for putting together an awesome plugin.
  • Hi Matthieu, when using the Grid clone, is it possible to have the repeater not repeat from the center of the grid but from the side? I notice that in your linear repeater there's an option to uncheck "center clones". I can't find the same option in your Grid clone. Am I missing something? Thank you in advance for your help and for putting together an awesome plugin.
    Hi Nick,

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Unfortunately no, the grid cloner isn't built exactly like with the Linear Cloner so I didn't offer any option to align the Grid Cloner on one side.

But you could easily calculate the width of your total Cloner and substract (for left side) or add (for right side) half of this width through the "sourceRectAtTime()" expression in the anchor point in order to achieve what you want.

I can't really do more on this one, hope this can help anyway!

Matthieu